The Vulture´s Talon - a Star Wars d6 post-by-post adventure

Discussion in 'Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by DarkLordoftheFins, Jul 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RachelTyrell Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Feb 15, 2009
    star 1
    Zaria Zor

    She had seen such establishments. Drunken guys who were lured there to get conned in at least three different ways. Punched drinks, manipulated bets and Ranats who were searching the pockets of drunks.

    Good she wasn´t here to have a good time. But even if this all turned out to be a joke after a drunken night . . . she would be save. She had brought K-1. The grey droid was watchful as ever. His rifle never left his hands except she explicitly order him to.

    The Vulture. The Vulture was to be taken seriously. Even if he did not existed, someone taking his mantle meant someone had confidence. And confidence was something many said to have, but few truly had in her business.

    Obviously he hadn´t given any specific location. And obviously that was a test.

    Looking around she looked for a solution

    Tag: Fin

    Rolls Search = 16 (and a wild die six)





  2. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2007
    star 4
    Ord Mantell
    Cantina


    [image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/f/f1/Xishel.jpg/250px-Xishel.jpg] Vexedo

    Vexedo watched them, as one by one they saw the hologram above the backroom. A golden, glowing arkanian vulture. Zor and Libitina were the first to spot it. Then the others, except Ganner. The tall man looked several times almost into the right direction. But his eyes never catched the sign. Vexedo mentally noted the mans lack of perception. Then went onto an interception course and just as Ganner was about to leave the region where the golden sign was blinking he put a hand on the shoulder of the tall man. "The backroom. Over there."

    And Vexedo vanished again in the crowd. Watching the team-members enter the backroom. Each and every one of them where greeted by the thug guarding the door by name. The last to enter was Ganner. Vexedo followed him and closed the door.

    A great round table was in the center of the room. A holographic projector was attached to it. Vexedo showed them all his Falleen smile and then made a gesture for them to sit down.
    "Ladies and Gentlemen. I see many of you hav shown up. A few haven´t made it. One or two might even have lacked the proper respect for the man who summoned you here. You were so lucky to show a greater amount wisdom." He paused and sat down. "My name is Vexedo. I speak for the Vulture and I am here to offer each and every one of you a job. High risk, extremely high payment. To be precise we are talking about 25 million credits you can devide among the survivors. The mission is to steal a ship that is extremely well guarded from a high security shipyard. What ship and what information we have about it won´t be revealed to you until you have accepted. My Master feels that the payment should be motivation enough." He stood up again. "I´ll leave you alone now for five minutes. Each and every one of you five should make his decision. If more than two of you do not accept the offer this is over now. There won´t be a job." He smiled. "Good luck." He added and walked out without letting anyone ask questions. His eyes went from one of the to the other, while leaving the room. The former imperial, the smuggler, the conwoman, the masked one and the pirate. They had all been hand-chosen by The Vulture. For what qualities, Vexedo had not been told.

    Leaving the mixed troupe together in the room to decide.

    Tag: All

    Time to learn a bit about each other. if anybody WANTS to roll something, just say so in your post. otherwise feel free to post and talk as much within´the week as you like and see fit.
  3. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    May 30, 2003
    star 5
    Flamberge leans back in his seat, propping his feet on the table, and twisting his moustache rakishly. "Well, Don't let it be said that I was what made the deal go the the stellar winds. Between the credits and the intriguing proposition of stealing a well-guarded mystery ship, I'm in. Besides, it may give me a chance to break in a new uniform. Anyone else? If you're backing out, please entertain me by explaining why. Not that I'm going to stop you--just that I'm curious." Flamberge offers a winning smile (or what he thinks is a winning smile).

    <tag all>
  4. Jedi_Matt Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jul 11, 2002
    star 4
    Ganner

    Ganner felt stupid after failing to spot what was immediately visible to the rest of those in attendance. Was it a culture barrier? Possibly?

    Nevertheless, Ganner must remember to work on his astuteness in the future.

    In response to the human?s comments, who?s hair growth seemed rather odd, Ganner said the following:

    ?I?m in on this deal. I am not a shipjacker or a tech? I can?t steal the ship, but I can crack skulls while someone else does.?

    ?I wonder what payment we can expect up front though, 25 million means high risk.?

    <Tag All>
  5. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2007
    star 4
    Update in 36 - 48 hours. Get your posts in or PM me about your characters decision, at least.
  6. RachelTyrell Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Feb 15, 2009
    star 1
    Zaria Zor
    Backroom


    She wached the others closely. The deal had a simple problem. For so much money The ulture could also kill them and save the cash. She had to trust the Vulture. She did not know the Vulture. Sighing she looked from one of them to the next and tried to evaluate their worth and usefulness in such a job. And thepotential danger they posed.

    "I am curious. Consider me in." She said and smiled reckless. Simply trying to hide she needed the money. And was to afraid of the Vulture. Becuase not only saving money could kill her. So could leave a secret meeting where the man´s plans were partially revealed.

    A lot of things cxould get one killed.

    She regreted to have ever answered the message to come here.

    Tag: Fin (sorry for letting you wait)
  7. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2007
    star 4
    Back Room of an Cantina
    Ord Mantell


    Vexedo returned and stepped back at his place. "As I see, none of you has refused my master´s most generous offer. Wise. And foresighted." He grinned. A reptilian, menacing grin.

    Then his hand waved and a hologram appeared. It showed a single ship of a construction none of the present was familiar with. It was floating in space on the hologram and finally a logo appeared. BDY. The Byblos Drive Yards. A firm nobody had heard a lot about lately. Obviously it still existed.

    [image=http://my.buffed.de/mb_useruploads/415700/gallery/85305/size_2/Maelstrom.jpg] Talon-Class [image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/1/14/Byblos_Drive_Yards.svg] BDY Logo

    "If the war hand´t crushed the Galalctic Alliance and they would have needed all their budget to keep their fleet running this, ladies and gentlemen might have been the future of warfare. A ship without a crew. At least non greater than a commander. The Talon-Class Droidship. The most sophisiticated battleship of it´s size and time. Having the firepower of two Scythe-Classes, needing no crew to maintain, repair or command itself and thereby being the most independant warship available. Well, not exactly available. Because that is the only ever produced prototype. A cooperation between Industiral Automaton and BDY. Their pride. Their greatest achievment. And it is rotting in a dock on Byblos, while guys in colourful robes try to sell it to the new Empire." Vexedo nodded as if in thought. "A shame is it? Let´s take them out of that misery. You will steal this ship. For The Vulture. You will infiltrate it and take control of it." Vexedo turned to the gathered again.

    "Therefore we need two things. Someone and something. Someone is a Duros named Yell. He has been so unfortunate to run away with the constuction plans for this ship. Incomplete but useful. He has constructed parts of the droid brain of this ship. And has been captured by a group of Hutts on Nar Sheyla. As we had to find out these Hutts consider themselves competitors of my Master. We hope you can convince them to give us the man, anyway. The hard way." He took three datapads from his jacket and shoved them to the male members of the group. "Flamberge, Orlin, Ganner. You will break into the Hutts fortress and extract Yell." Then he turned to Zaria Zor and Dismas Libitina. "And you two, shall make your way to Hapes. On Mor Glayyd there is something for sale we will need. A droid. A very special droid. The only one compatible with the ship. 8t11. You will approach Lady Ta´Manis and offer her two million credits. The thing is, there is another bidder. We have learned the Empire has send her own team there. Get rid of them."

    He finally straightened himself again. "Questions?"
    Tag: All
  8. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    May 30, 2003
    star 5
    Flamberge picks up his new datapad and skims through it without really reading. "Hmmmm... I seem to remember something in my history about relying on droids for combat not working too well in the long run. But eh, I don't expect we'll be in charge of the ship for long."
    He puts the datapad on his belt.
    "Transport to the system? Are we supposed to arrange our own? or arrange our own? Or does one of you chaps happen to have a vessel handy?"
  9. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2007
    star 4
    Backroom
    Cantina

    "Oh, we made arrangments. Sort of. One of you seems to have been sloopy. We have actually been shadowed by a group of Bounty Hunters. Twi´lek, I think. Anyway. They have two nice ships and they must die anyway. So I guess you make at least good use of their equipment." Vexedo nodded. "And you are meant to get the ship to a meeting point. There you´ll be rid of all these droids. And a lot of money richer." Vexedo nodded. "Anything else?"


    Tag: All
  10. CPL_Macja Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 29, 2008
    star 5
    IC: Jorlag Orlin
    Backroom of the Howling Star Cantina, Ord Mantel


    Jorlag sat back and listened to the Falleen?s proposition. A droid warship? Hutts? The Empire? Hapans? Twi?leks?

    The reptile handed out the assignments and he was stuck with two ?guys? when he really wanted to follow the beauty with the blue bangs and matching eyes. As soon as she walked into the room he could tell that she was like him - a warrior-pilot thrown into a new line of work because of a never ending struggle between Imperialism and Democracy.

    A nice long journey through hyperspace to the Hapan Cluster would be plenty of time for me to get to know her better. Of course I would have to find a way to shut that droid of hers away for the duration of the trip.

    After listening to Vexedo?s response to the ?Pirate?, Jorlag had a question of his own.

    ?So let me get this straight. Legs and Leatherface get t? go to the female dominated domain with credits in hand. Meanwhile I am stuck going t? the cesspool of the galaxy with Tattoo-boy and Twitchy with nothing more than our? well, my good looks? On top of all of that you want us t? fight for our rides out of here, because someone was sloppy and dragged some tail-headed hunters along. Is that whatcha tellin? me??

    TAG: ALL
  11. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2007
    star 4
    ooc: Argh, I am online and have nothign to do, I´ll update

    The Backroom
    Ord Mantell

    Vexedo shifted his gaze at the man. "Yes, you have to clean the dirt you made. One of you - and now you are a team - has got himself a tail. And you will get rid of it. As a team. You had your chance to leave, from now on ones failure is the failure of all of you. And one of you who angers the Vulture will be a problem for all of you." Vexedo said. Then he looked around. "Concerning the mission . . . I expect for such a payment that you do what you are told. We offer you more than a lifetime-payment of an Imperial Governor. I am sure that will keep you happy, while you get to the Hutts." Vexedo eyed the man now directly. His pale eyes left little doubt about his dedication.

    Obviously the Vulture considered him part of the Team, too. He had as much to loose as everybody else in the room. He just did not show it.

    Tag: CPL and still . . . others
  12. RachelTyrell Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Feb 15, 2009
    star 1
    Zaria Zor
    Backroom

    Her gaze shifted to the others in the room the second Bounty Hunters were mentioned. The Falleen could have told her before she signed up. So somebody knew, could know at least, they were up to something. Well, how incredible secret could this Vulture be if such beginner-mistakes did happen.

    "Okay, Hapes. Out of the Empire is good, I´d say. What´s the Empire´s interest in this? Can´t imagine they leave GA ships lying around like this? Do we have to deal with the Empire? Sith maybe?" She asked. Still looking for the catch in all this. Too much money for a job like this. Half would have been too much. Maybe that was why nobody talked about the Vulture. They all got rich and retired.

    She smiled. "Unlikely." She said to herself then turned to Mr. Handsome who had just turned into Mr. Complain. "Afraid of a fight? If they´re hunters I prefer to know they haven´t got anything to proper authority, Sir. And what use could guys like you be on Hapes?" She asked. And raised her brows. Smiling to him then. "You do not have the legs for an evening gown like they wear them on Hapes, ya´know."

    Tag: CPL, everybody else and Fin


    Search 3D6+1: Question - Who is most likely to be a tailed by bounty hunters?

    My result for Search It´s a Wild Dice 1. So I won´t see anything suspicious, I guess. DAMMIT!
  13. CPL_Macja Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 29, 2008
    star 5
    IC: Jorlag Orlin

    He locked eyes with the attractive young female that was bantering with him.

    A smile? I knew I would eventually get to her.

    ?Listen here Sweetcheeks, I?m not afraid t? mix it up a little bit, that much is certain. However walking into a Hutt?s home empty handed to ?extract? anything is tantamount to suicide.?

    He sat back and contemplated their options to free this Yell from his Hutt capturers. They would need more then luck and good looks to get through this little venture. At the bare minimum they would need some type of intel as far as the layout and manpower of where the Duro was being held.

    I sure hope these other two yahoos have a plan, because right now I am at a loss for one.

    He looked over at Vexedo for a brief moment to get back to business, ?Do we know where exactly this Yell feller is bein? held at, or do we need t? figure that one out on our own as well??

    He let a slight grin come across his face as he turned his eyes back to Zaria. ?As far as how I would look in an evening gown,? he let his eyes slowly work their way down her athletic body to her shapely legs, ?We all can?t be blessed with stems like yours Sweetheart.?

    He let his mind wander to an image of her in a nice form-fitting, light grey, silk evening gown with an open back. That image alone was motivation enough to ensure a successful completion of this part of the job so he could spend some more time 'bantering' with her.

    TAG: Rachel, Fin, and the rest of the crew
  14. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    May 30, 2003
    star 5
    "Ah, Twilleks. Well, at least their ships won't smell as bad as a Rodians' would. And hopefully they'll have some decent entertainment for the flight. If you two love-birds are done bantering, perhaps we can get to the fun part. I suggest we ambush the clumbsy hunters as they follow us out the back way. I'm sure the location of our target, as well as all relavant pass-codes, clearances, and flight plans can be found on the data pad, if you bother to look."
    <tag>
  15. Jedi_Matt Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jul 11, 2002
    star 4
    OOC:

    I'll be doing a post when I get back from work tonight.
  16. Jedi_Matt Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jul 11, 2002
    star 4
    OOC:Tattoo-boy and Twitchy ? If Ganner = Tattoo-boy then it needs to be corrected, as far as you?re concerned I?m human unless you can make the necessary check to see past the ooglith masqueur (correct me if I'm wrong, Fin). BTW, everyone's roleplaying is awesome and mine feels totally childlike in comparison, I look forward to working on improving it!

    IC: Ganner

    Ganner liked the sound of the excessively hairy human, he?d obviously gained a lot of experience in this field and he hoped to learn plenty from him.

    Ganner checked the datapad for bursary details, from what he knew of the Hutts, breaking in to a Hutt stronghold would require a quick hit and run and, depending on the other information on the datapad, heavy reconnaissance on the target location over a reasonable period of time to identify weak points and opportunities for intrusion.

    In terms of equipment, some plasticine thermite gel might be useful if any keycards or codes they procure get nerfed by the security team.

    ?I?m an easy target, they might have followed me. But now?s not the time to worry about who it is, let?s just wipe them out and get ourselves some gear, whatever we don?t need we could sell for things we will need.?

    <TAG ALL>
  17. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2007
    star 4
    ooc: That´s right "Ganner" wears a masker and therefore looks perfectly human. Let´s say he got a small tatoo though, then the post can stand as it is. Things like this happen. But his nature as a Yuuzhan Vong is hidden and a necessary check hasn´t come yet (Rachel, you´re one it what I am talking about :p )

    I think one player hasn´t posted by now. To him all others who wanna reply: 24 hoursupdate warning.
  18. CPL_Macja Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 29, 2008
    star 5
    OOC: Tattoo-boy = Flame; Twitchy = Ganner. Not the other way around. I realized that he was wearing a masker, but with his first couple of post he came off to Jorlag as kinda jumpy and nervous. Hence the Twitchy moniker.

    He'll probably have a different nickname once Jorlag gets to know him better. :D

    BTW... this is slowly becoming my favorite RP to play in. Rivaled only by AFaS in the RPF.
  19. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2007
    star 4
    Ord Mantell
    Backroom


    Music - Let clean up

    Vexedo looked over to Flamberge. A smile crawled onto his face.

    "Indeed, all you need you´ll find there on the pad. With so much info, I expect it to be a lesser challenge. Consider it a test of your abilities ofr the trials which will await you beyond the Hutts fortress." He sighed.

    "Now let´s clean up and get rid of these . . . wormheads." He hissed and the holo in the center of the table vanished. The room went dark.


    A quarter hour later they were in the Spaceport. Guards were all away to support the police with guarding the games. And they were pretty much alone, as the finale of the great games had just begun. Not entirly alone, though. In docking-bay 712342 two freighters were unloaded by six bounty hunters, preparing their strike. Twi´lek´s all of them. And not a single one of them was not a veteran of the business. Opening the gates of both entrances Vexedo, Zoria and Flamberge stepped through the first. Ganner and Orlin stepped through the second. Before any of the Twi´leks could see them Vexedo brought up his blaster carbine and fired. The leader of the Boutny hunters collapsed dead.

    Five remained and drew their weapons.

    [image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/8/87/TL-1200_transport.jpg] The Leech [image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/7/75/Mysticburn.JPG] The Eternal Flyer

    Tag: All


    So, I´ll have initiatives this time. So please give me your DEX roll ifrst.

    Then tell me what you will do and what results you have thrown. Remember that whenever you do more than one task in a round, you have to take -1D of all stats for every additional action.

    I suggest Blaster and Dodge, to all those who don´t wanna do anything special.
    />/>
  20. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    May 30, 2003
    star 5
    D'OH!!!! Flamberge's Initiative is 6. Must have been looking at the women or remembering the one time he was playing with a twi'llek masseusse...

    Flamberge draws his sword and blaster, and moves in, dodging and shooting. He tries to maneuver so he's close to one of the Bounty Hunters who has no serious melee weapons (just a knife or two). Otherwise he will fire at the Twil'lek he thinks is the oldest.

    Dodge: D'OH Again!!! 7
    Blaster: Wohoo!!! 6 on the wild die! Add uh, 1 Total of 17 to hit.

    Damage (if hit):19
    "Leave their heads intact! The master wants them for his collection! Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarge!!!". Eh, it wasn't much, but the best bluff he could think of from the top of his head. Might just unnerve the less experienced in the Twi'llek group. And make sure the ones on "his side" stayed that way.
  21. Jedi_Matt Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jul 11, 2002
    star 4
  22. CPL_Macja Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 29, 2008
    star 5
    IC: Jorlag Orlin
    Spaceport


    Dex: 3D+2=17 WOOT!

    Jorlag briefly contemplated lobbing a concussion granade in the midst of their wouldbe assailants, but thought better of it. I have no clue if one of my new partners are going to nut up and run into the blast radius... then again that would mean more of the pot for me...

    Instead he drew his blaster rifle and followed the cue of his new contact by opening up on the hunters.

    Blaster: 4d=11
    Damage: 6d=20
    Dodge: 4d=13
  23. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2007
    star 4
    GM-Note: Rachel, Kalio, get your posts in . 24 hours warning.

    Sorry I needed so long, but work has been hell lately. And other obligatons did not help, either.
  24. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2007
    star 4
    GM-Note: First, sorry for my absence. All games on the board had to get along without me, as I was hammered by my real life work. Now I am back and moving along.

    If I vanish in the future, you find explanations usually HERE.

    I have considered how I actually do these fights and I think I´ll try different techniques. First of, I´ll do it the classical way. I know my numbers, you don´t. Like GMs have Game Master Screens to hide their results behind. That way you never know how good the enemy is in the first round. Later in other action scenes I´ll try more transparent systems. If there are any SERIOUS doubts about my honesty . . . I got all my dice roles saved and if needed can show them.

    Rachel gave me instructions, so I´ll do her post, too.

    Ord Mantell
    The Hangar


    Music - Shoot Out

    And chaos broke loose.

    The galaxy was full of people who wanted to be the next Boba Fett, next Cad Bane or next Jerec Egola. Kids with guns and no idea who to hunt the most dangerous game. These guys knew they were no Boba Fett. They knew they would never be. And that made them dangerous. They made up their weakness by working together. Their eldest turned and leaped into the smaller of both freighters, The Leech. Surely to man it´s canons and unleash the superior firepower of a ship canon on them. Three of the others simply drew their guns and fired. Giving cover to the rest to take up their rifles and find some cover.

    Zoria jumped behind a giant box, drawing her gun, as the shots flew over her head. Vexedo kept his cool and gave the head Twi´lek a fast shot. The youngest of the hunters dropped dead to the ground. Flamberge had problems drawing his gun, but finally ripped it from his holster and fired a shot, hitting another of the Twi´lek hunters. Only to be hit by a stun bolt in return. Spasming he was pushed against the elevator doors.

    On the other door both men drew their guns and opened fire. Jorlag Orlin missed the first Twi´lek, but dived behind a box, as he left the elevator and thereby dodged the mans shot. It was the Twi´lek´s last shot, too, as Ganner killed him instantly with a well aimed blaster bolt to the head. A second Twi´lek, scared and grim in his appearance drew a vibro-sword and came charging towards the tall man.

    Tag: All



    Result Round One

    Koohii is stunned for 2d6 rounds. Can be reduced with a Stamina or Strength check. Please give me one. I´ll do the stun-check afterwards.
    All others are fine.

    3 Twi´lek down
    1 in the ship
    1 charging with a Melee weapon
    1 still firing with a Bow Caster with Stunbolts from behind his cover


    Next round.

    No initiative, as I guess now all happens the same time. A firefight. Otherwise post what you wanna do and the results . . .



    />/>
  25. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    May 30, 2003
    star 5
    Stamina roll =15
    As soon as he is able, Flamberge will try to get in the ship to attack the hunter in the turret.

    >>Invisible Castle was down for a while last week. It is up and running today.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.