The Vulture´s Talon - a Star Wars d6 post-by-post adventure

Discussion in 'Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by DarkLordoftheFins, Jul 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Matt Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jul 11, 2002
    star 4
    Ganner

    Seconds after his first target sagged to the ground Ganner only just heard the thrum of a vibro-weapon coming to life with it?s bearer heading in his direction.

    Rather than taking the shot, Ganner planted his feet and watched his opponent?s movement, waiting for the moment to strike before leaping out of the way at the last moment. (Aiming for a neck-breaking clothesline kind of thing here)

    Ganner ? Brawling = 33 (Inc. Second Wild Die below)
    Second Wild Die= 4
    Ganner ? Damage = 18
    Ganner ? Dodge = 13


    (OOC: Apologies for lateness, had the last week or so off work, due back at work tomorrow and now I'm ill :( typical!)
  2. CPL_Macja Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 29, 2008
    star 5
  3. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2007
    star 4
    GM-Note: I´ve been promised two updates who never came. Therefore, I will from tomorrow on resume the routine of weekly updates. 24 hour warning for those still missing.

    -Fin-
  4. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2007
    star 4
    Ord Mantell
    The Hangar



    Music - Shoot Out


    Flamberge came to his feet again, the bolt not having full effect on him, but felt stiff as he stumnbled after the eldest Twi´lek who had made it to the ship. "Cover him!" Vexedo screamed out and began firing unaimed, rapid shots into the room.

    Ganner had no time to cover anyone, as the attacks unleahsed a series of skilled attacks. A seasoned swordsman, without doubt. He barely dodged the first two of his attacks, then blocked the third and got a grip on hte mans neck. They struggled for a moment, then Ganner slammed him into a metal box, grabbed his head and twisted it, until he heard it break.

    Jorlag came out of cover, just as the left Twi´lek in the hall was about to shoot Ganner from his cover. His shot hit the man in the chest, as Vexedo got him in the head. He collapsed.

    Flamberge reached the freighter and stumbled up the ramp, the effect of the stunbolt now wearing of.

    In that moment the lower turret turneed and hummed to life. It was about to fire into the hangar. A weapon of a hundred time more firepower than their blasters and a shooter covered by thick hull-plates. "COVER!" Vexedo screamed and ducked into the turbolift.


    Tag: All


    Results - All Twi´lek in the hangar are down, but one is left inside the ship about to blow everything, including you, up by spraying deadly fire from his starship-seized gun. Flamberge can actually act against him, as he reached the ship. He has a Minus 1D though for another round from the stun to all physical throws. Feeling simply stiff. All others should dodge and dodge good.

    I consider myself down to three players. Rachel will return once her very long *jealous* holidays are over, though. So once you three have updated, I´ll update again, too.

    />
  5. Jedi_Matt Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jul 11, 2002
    star 4
    ooc: What distance is Ganner from the ship? How many rounds?

    Is the transport small enough to be starfighter scale? In which case can you remind me on the size penalties for the guy in the ship to hit us?
  6. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    May 30, 2003
    star 5
    Flamberge hoped this ship followed a standard floorplan as he bounced along the walls to what he hoped was the lower turret and the Twilek bounty hunter. Spotting him, he fires twice with his blaster, still a little sluggish.

    First shot is an 11 to hit.
    Second shot is a 15 to hit.

    Damage rolls (in case they matter)
    First shot22 with 6 on wild die +5 =27 (hope that one hit)

    Second shot19 damage
  7. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2007
    star 4
    I looked it up yesterday, but don´t have them at hand. Problem isn´t hitting you, problem is, his shots are treated as explosions. And rounds, depends on hte amount of dodge you will have to take. Straight running you can do it in one.

    For all, as I´ve been asked twice. WILD DICE is the first dice in your role. Is it a six, you roll again, is it a 1 you tell me.
  8. CPL_Macja Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 29, 2008
    star 5
    Castle is currently down.

    Once it is up and running I will get an update up.
  9. CPL_Macja Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 29, 2008
    star 5
    IC: Jorlag Orlin
    Spaceport


    Seeing that all the tail-heads in the bay had fallen, Jorlag breathed a sigh of relief. Suddenly he realized that the fight was not over, one of the brain-tails made it into the ship and was firing up the cannons to blow them all to heck. Lucky for them Tatoo-boy had made into the ship as well, but probably wasn't going to make it to the gunner in time to stop him from releasing at least one salvo. Add to that the fact that Jorlag was too far away from the ship to make it before being cut down.

    Suddenly he had a crazy idea. Maybe I can distract the gunner long enough with one of my flash-bangs to give Tatoo a chance to gut him and Twitchy to reach the ship. Well here goes nothing...

    Jorlag got up from his current position and headed for one with a little more shielding. During the transition he lobbed one of his stun granades at the belly turrets position. All he could say was, "Friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick!"

    Granade: 4D+1 = 15 + WILD ROLL = 4
    Damage: 5D = 21 (stun)
    Dodge: 4D = 19

    OOC: I know that is an insane idea, but that is what Jorlag would do and it's crazy enough to almost work. I hope!
  10. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2007
    star 4
    GM-Note:

    We got fewer and fewer people posting, everytime. So I´ll begin recruiting again. Expect some new faces in the next few weeks, therefore. Until then. Wrap up of the shot out tomorrow.

    -Fin-
  11. Jedi_Matt Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jul 11, 2002
    star 4
    Hey,

    I keep kidding myself that I can keep up with a game but real life makes this an impossibility at the moment.

    I don't know what happens with my time, and I'm probably being lazy, but I can't help who I am :p
  12. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2007
    star 4
    Alright JediMatt. Thanks for letting us know. I am talking to a few people who have shown interest in joining, therefore I´ll wait for another day before we update. I think it won´t hurt us, really.

    Tomorrow or tonight I´ll get the update up.

    -Fin-
  13. CPL_Macja Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 29, 2008
    star 5
    So who is left from the original crew?

    JediMatt sounds like he is dropping out, or did I misunderstand his last post?
    I realize Rachel has been on holiday, but is she returning to the game?
    Kalio hasn't posted since s/he did an opening post
    Koohii has been active

    So by my count that leaves us with two (Koohii and myself) active players.

    I guess I am just anxious to see if my crazy stunt worked.
  14. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2007
    star 4
    Ord Mantell
    Hangar


    It all happened much to fast . . . the turret was turning and spitting red laser fire. Vexedo was diving away from it, as several boxes were hit and explosions rumbled thorugh the hangar. Orlin threw his grenade away and dived to the side, just as an explosion hit the box right next to him. The heat wave send pain through his body. But he only suffered some minor burns. Then his grenade went of. A blinding flash of light accompanied by a loud bang.

    Flamberge heard no sound inside the ship, but the light could be seen even within´. It was coming from the turret below and he heard the surprised scream of the Twi´Lek. Just as the man shielded his eyes the former pirate shot him. Hitting his head. The Twi´lek collapsed over the gun and the spreading desturction within´the hangar stopped.

    It needed ten seconds until the people came out of their hiding. Vexedo hissed something in Falleen. Orlin smelled burned flesh. It wasn´t from the Twi´lek though. As he sat up, he saw a half burned body of a Yuuzhan Vong lying next to him. Only what remained of the Masquer identified him as Ganner.

    "The Vong didn´t made it. Well. More money for you guys, then." Vexedo smiled and turned to the ship, where Flamberge was coming to the ramp. "Excellent job, Pirate." He smiled and folded his arms. "Let´s make them ready to take of. As Ganner seems to be gone, I´ll replace him on the Hutt mission."

    Tag: All
  15. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    May 30, 2003
    star 5
    Flamberge drags the messy body out from the turret and dumps in into the landing pit. "Sorry about the mess. My sympathies to whoever ends up crewing that turret next." He sets about doing what he can to get finish the ship's pre-flight. "Probablly end up being me," he mummbles. "Hope they have some bio-solvent and cleanser on board somewhere."
  16. CPL_Macja Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 29, 2008
    star 5
    IC: Jorlag Orlin
    Spaceport


    Jorlag could hardly believe it, the craziest idea that he has ever had was successful at saving their backsides. But as he stood to assess the damage to the surrounding area, waves of pain washed over him, apparently he had not made it through unscathed. As he looked at his slightly burnt clothing he debated on whether or not to do something to prevent the scaring. They always say that fems dig scars. But then he smelt the pungent aroma of burning flesh and it was not coming from him.

    The young pilot wandered over to where the Falleen was standing and looked down to see the remains of Ganner. It appeated as if part of his face had peeled off and revealed his true face underneath... Apparently fems aren't the only ones who dig scars. As soon as he looked upon the disfigured visage of his former partner he knew what he was, "He was a dirty Vong! I knew that there wasn't somethin' right about that boy. Oh, well I guess we have a date with a Hutt to keep. Let's mount up Tatoo-boy and Lizzy."

    As he climbed into the Twi'leks' old transport he wondered what, if any, resistance Legs and her crew were encountering on their way to Hapes. Man, I hope someone takes a holo of her in one of those dresses. For now he would just have to use his imagination.

    TAG: All
  17. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2007
    star 4
    GM-Note: I am facing a problem here, having only two player ramaining and having a story which requires at least three. So I have reached out to some feriends and originally interested people and some showed interest. I am working things out and if they join, we´ll resume business. If not, I have to think if I can change the story into something else or simply leave it, as it is . . . nevertheless I am confident we´ll get this one going again.

    I´ll keep you informed.

    -Fin-
  18. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    May 30, 2003
    star 5
    **eagerly awaiting next post and the continuation of the game.
  19. CPL_Macja Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 29, 2008
    star 5
    I second that!
  20. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2007
    star 4
    ooc: Good thing is, looks like this is going to happen. New player recruited for the next stage. So excpet a CS and the game resuming next week somewhen.
  21. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2007
    star 4
    Ord Mantell
    Hangar


    "You will take the transport to hapes. The datapd will give you all info you need. Get what we need and meet us in the Oriob-System." Vexedo said to his only female members of his crew, then he turned and entered the remaining transort, where a pirate and an imperial were getting the ship ready for take of.

    "Stupid hunters, but pretty ships they have." Vexedo grinned and took his place in the Co-Pilot seat. "Flamberege, take us out. Jorlig, a sensor officer or gunner would be nice. Could be we have a rough way out. If these hunters had any colleagues." Vexedo did not seem to care. Cold and reptilian in his nature, he yawned, as they prepared for leaving.

    Tag: You two
  22. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    May 30, 2003
    star 5
    "Why don't I take the guns, and Jorlig the pilot seat. That would be a much better allocation of our skills. I've always preferred shooting down defenses to piloting crates." Flamberge leaves the cockpit to more capable hands and returns to the turret. With a sign, he starts looking for rags, absorbant materials, previous crew's clothes or even bed sheets--anything to help sop up the variuous spilled biological fluids. "We should have cleaning droids for this. Pesky things are never around when you need one."

    >>Flamberge has 2D of piloting (base mech) and 4D of gunnery.
  23. CPL_Macja Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 29, 2008
    star 5
    IC: Jorlag Orlin
    Spaceport


    Jorlag listened as Tats and Stinky discussed the seating assignments. He glanced over the controls and immediately began plotting their trip to visit the slimeball Hutt that was holding their payday. Suddenly Flamberge decided that he would be better used in the turret then in the pilot seat so the pirate walked down to the gun mounts.

    Now that it was just Jorlag and Vexedo in the cockpit the brash pilot bounded into his rightful chair. "Well Greeny, I guess it's just the two of us. I am not sure how the three of us will be able to pull this off on our own, but I am certain it is going to be a rush. So let's roll."

    With that he began their pre-launch checklist so they could blast off Ord Mantell and get on with their mission.

    TAG: All
  24. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2007
    star 4
    ooc: sorry for my absence. I hoped, thought some of the interested parties would probably join us soon. It did not happen. So, I´ll update it tomorrow and then see if I can adjust the thing in a way it works with two players . . .

    -Fin-
  25. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    May 30, 2003
    star 5
    Flamberge stares as the mess dripping from his cleaning rags in disgust. <i>Oh well... At least I got most of it out...</i> He sits in the turret (the seat only squelches a little bit) incase the local starport authorities don't appreciate the ship blasting out of the starport (again). <i>Maybe I can shoot down some starfighters...</i> He switches the targetting computer on.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.