main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Walk Home (sequel to And This Too Shall Pass L/C story)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Healer Apprentice Lina, Nov 7, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    /wails/ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darn you, Lina!!!

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I was afraid Sevrin was going to walk in on Lina and Cassel and get the wrong idea.

Why do I fear Sevrin is going to leave just when Lina comes to realize her feeilngs...

Awesome post Lina!

3. Sith_Lady_Aurila

Sith_Lady_Aurila Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2000
    Wonderful posts!
    I also worried that Sevrin might barge in and get the wrong impression....not that he hasn't gotten one already!

More when you can!

4. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

That is very cruel, HAL!! How can you torture Sevrin and us like this? You're such a manipulator! ;-p

5. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    I'll try and post again when inspiration and time is on my hands.

BTW: What is up with the Valentine's decor of this forum? The pink is giving me flashbacks of peptol bismol.

6. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    I know. I hate the pink :(
    My eyeballs are threatening rebllion and we can't have that.

7. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Or that bubble gum medicine you'd always get when you were a kid!

I think I'm going to hurl . . .

8. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    AHHH!!! Please don't let him just leave!! If he does then... ohooo then Lina would have to go after him....hmmmmm.....

You have taken reader torture to new levels time and again Lina! Please tell us you'll get a chance to post more this weekend!!! :)

9. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Ugh...I'm in the midst from recovering my physics exam while studying for my organic chemistry exam in the meantime. Plus, they decided to add on a PAPER too, due four days after my exam!!!

WAAAAAIIILLL!!!!

I'm being tortured, thus, readers are being tortured. I hate school so much right now. If I'm alive at the end of all this, I'll post something. After this hurdle, things should be okay for a bit.

10. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Noooo...Sevrin!!! You can't leave, not when Lina is realizing what she feels!!! AHHH!!

Best of luck with everything, HAL :) Darth School is truly evil.

And who brought up the pink bubble-gum medicine?! ACK!

aa :)

11. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Okay....FORGET SCHOOL (at least for a bit) I'm off to bed soon but here's a short one.

Sifa Baladeen's fingers flew furiously over her data pad as she walked down the hall. Just a few more sentences and her paper would be perfect. The padawan grinned. Master Daemo was going to like this one. She had spent nearly 24 compounded hours in the Archives researching for it and it showed.

*There! Last sentence, perfect!* Triumphantly, the dark-haired girl tucked the data pad into her bag as she approached her classroom. She was a bit early but...

"Where will you go?"

The rather disturbed voice of Gabrien Daemo stopped Sifa from entering the classroom. The padawan stood just outside as the conversation continued.

"To Gema, I suppose" came the answer. "Dara Revvin and her husband moved there a year ago."

Sifa's eyes widened. *That was Sevrin's voice.*

"And then you will come back?"

There was a slight silence. "I would also like to visit Velladeem as well."

The frown could almost be heard in Gabrien's response. "Velladeem could be dangerous for you. If the inhabitants see your eyes-"

"I'll be careful" Sevrin promised, lightly. His tone was more abrupt...much like the way Gabrien remembered it when Sevrin had first come to the Temple. The knight's frowned only deepened.

"Sevrin, it won't do any good running away from Padawan E-"

"It has nothing to do with Lina" Sevrin cut in, quickly. But there was a slight pause. "It isn't just that.....I want to know. I have a right to."

"I don't know, Sevrin."

The half-Velial paused before responding, his voice inching towards a softer sensitivity. "Master...I'm not asking for your permission."

"What about expenses? Where will you stay?" challenged the knight.

"I have enough for the initial transport. As for where I will stay...I'll figure it out" Sevrin said, patiently.

"Figure it out?" The look of disbelief on Gabrien's face was overwhelming. "You have no plan whatsoever!"

Sevrin sighed, slightly. "Master Daemo, you know I'm grateful for everything you've done for me-"

"I'm not looking for gratitude, Sevrin!" the knight snapped. "I'm trying to figure out what's best for you."

Sifa heard a slight shuffling, as if Sevrin was rising from a chair to leave.

"I'll write to you and let you know how things are" he said.

Gabrien felt something all to familiar with what was happening. The separation...and the empty promise that his student would write to him. It reminded him too much of when he and Samiel had once said goodbye as the closest of brothers.

"This is ridiculous" Gabrien muttered. "You have no plan whatsoever."

"I've been fine by myself before" Sevrin replied, quietly.

There was a distinct sound of objection to that from the knight. "Fine? Is that how you ended up a drug addict??"

Sifa unconsciously clutched at her bag at the coldness that sounded so alien coming from Master Daemo. The padawan barely had enough time to move off to the side as Sevrin walked out of the classroom, not bothering to respond to the knight's question.

12. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    No, no. no. no. no.!

That's not what's suppose to happen!

Sifa, now go find Lina and tell her Sevrin's leaving. Maybe she can talk some sense into him or at the very least accompany him!

Sorry to hear school's being so rough on you Lina but your posts are still gold!

13. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Ahhhh! Nooo!! That was an awful thing for Gabrien's emotions to say (I say that, because that's how it seemed)!!

Run, Sifa, Run!!!

14. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!! I don't know what's more torturous, waiting for more story or waiting for more story right after a 'strikes you through the heart' post!

That was wonderful and terrifingly heart wrenching and oh dear oh dear oh dear, sleep will evad me tonight I just know it! (good thing tomorrow's my day off, huh?)

15. JediFinrod

JediFinrod Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2000
    Lina, this story is absolutely wonderful, but I think you should get the *All-Time Reader Torture Award* for writing it! This angst is a little much for my poor nerves. ;-) But please do continue as school allows!

16. juwannajedi

Mar 23, 2000
    Lina. This is Valentine's day. How 'bout some mush instead of separation????

/pleading eyes/

PUHLEEEEEEAAAASSSEEE!!!!!!

17. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    OOOOOOOHHHH!!!!!

HAL you ARE a Sith Lord, aren't you? You're torturing us!

Yes, Sifa, go get Lina and drag her after Sevrin. Lock those two up in a room! And don't let them out until Lina knows she loves him and he agrees to stay put!

HAL, I'm sure the workload will let up if you get those 2 together. It's punishment for the torture you're putting them through!

18. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Why that's right....today is Valentine's day. That would explain the random mix of red and pink in people's wardrobe in class today.

Mush has its own time coming...as does lots of angst. It all depends on who wins the race in this thread. More later!

19. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Here's a short one.

"Sevrin!"

The half-Velial stopped in mid-stride and turned to see Sifa Baladeen approach him quickly, still clutching her bag. The green-gold eyes remained neutral at the girl's approach, though it was obvious what she must have heard. The padawan jogged up to Sevrin who was already beginning to walk away again.

"Sevrin!" The protesting tone did little to stop his pace.

"Go away, Sifa. You have class" he ordered, bluntly.

"Hang class!" the girl exclaimed. "What do you think you're doing?" she demanded.

"Walking" he replied, sarcastically.

That earned him a rather painful punch in the arm from the frustrated girl. "You rat!" she cried. "You're leaving!"

"Sifa-"

"What? You were just planning on sneaking out of here without telling anyone? You can't go!"

That stopped Sevrin in his pace. The half-Velial turned towards Sifa with a challenging look. "Why not?"

"Because!"

"That's a great answer."

"Don't be sarcastic with me, Sevrin Coligan! You can't leave because...because Lina's here!"

The half-Velial's eyes darkened slightly but faded in a resigning light. "So what? So's Cassel Benlar" he pointed out.

"So you ARE leaving because of Lina!" Sifa exclaimed.

Sevrin let out an exasperated sigh. "Sifa....go away" he ordered but the padawan continued to trail after him, not giving up.

"Sevrin, you can't leave angry. You can't-"

"I'm not angry."

"Yes, you are! You're angry at Lina for spending time with Cassel and you're angry at Master Daemo for what he just said."

"I'm not angry with Master Daemo" Sevrin defended, his tone indicating the truth of his statement. "I don't blame him at all for being mad about this." And the padawan had to admit that Sevrin truly did not sound upset...more sad. "I owe him a great deal...he has every right to be upset with me."

"Then don't leave, Sevrin" Sifa pleaded.

The half-Velial didn't reply to Sifa's words but only kept his gaze to the ground as he turned abruptly around the corner, towards his quarters. This time, the girl did not follow him but only watched his retreating back. It was only then that Sifa realized that Sevrin never contradicted her point about him being angry at Lina.

20. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Awwww...Sifa tried, really she did. :( Now she has to go find Lina ;) That was a great short scene! I love little descriptions you use, like his eye color and tone of voice :)

21. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    Oh so close! And I'm glad he isn't mad at Gabrien (though I think Gabrien is mad at Sevrin, or as least as mad as a Jedi gets). But oh, his jealousy has turned into anger to the one he loves in the first place! Eek!!! *echos AA* Hurry Lina and stop him!!!

You do deserve the all time 'Reader Torture Award'! Youd drive absolutely nuts and we can't stay without our emotions going through the wringer and we absolutely could never leave such a brilliant story!!! :)

22. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    is anyone up? I might post one more time tonight, depending...
    It's like the miniature return of The Late Night Reader's Society!

23. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Okay, then. I guess it's goodnight for me. *sniff* I miss late night readers but I guess it's a good thing for me as I should get some sleep.

Goodnight everyone! Pray that the forum changes color real soon.

24. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Nice try Sifa, you still need Lina if there's any hope of Sevrin staying.

Yes short but sweet Lina!

25. juwannajedi

Mar 23, 2000
    How 'bout posting one for your early morning readers?!?!?!??????

//in case you're wondering -- I vote to have mush win over angst. I know that's a real surprise to you! :b

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.