main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The War Has Begun... (aka Celebration 2.1)

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by TheRandomMenace, Jun 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Wow, what a great time guys. I must honestly say that I've been waiting since I've become a SW fan to do something like this, which has been like 5 years (I became one in the summer before the Special Edition came out). As always, I enjoyed the great conversations and speculations about the movies. However, this was a new experience for me. I've only dueled my little brother and his friends, and PJD on occasion. Never have I fought with 11 other people simultaneously, with people constantly changing up sparring partners and multiple mini-battles going on around me. And never have I wielded 2 sabers in a duel, although I've practiced against air with them. I must say that the Force is strong with myself and Krash, and everybody else was rather worthy too. Too bad I had to jump to C-bus's team (I'm kidding for all of you from Columbus reading this), or it would have been twice as good. And the clincher was when the Cinemark chick actually played along with our gag to fool our new member into thinking AOTC was sold out. All in all a great time. Can't wait til Celebration 2.2.

2. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    God, I wish I could have been there.

3. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    I hope the guys from Columbus got back ok. They make a left turn onto Rockside Rd. from Canal Rd. when they should have made a right turn to get back to the highway. I honked my horn and tried to point them in the right direction, but they just waived and drove away.

I?ll post a meeting 5 review tomorrow for those who couldn?t make it. I am going to bed.

4. Old_Benny

Old_Benny Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2000
    Sounds like you all had a great time. The wedding, well actually the reception (they got married in Vegas) was boring and hot as hell. For a June reception they chose a place without air conditioning.

I WISH I WAS THERE!

5. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Saturday was a great time, everyone who couldn't be there...don't worry...we'll do more things like that in the future. We even talked about going down to Columbus next year, making this a yearly event.

It may not have been the battle of Geonosis, but the battle between the Fanforces was alot of fun. Funny thing was, most of the Columbus guys had Count Dooku lightsabers (kinda gave it a Jedi/Sith feel). We definatly have to keep in touch with those guys.

Random, I was impressed with you're skill with a lightsaber. I've practiced with 2 before, you were a worthy opponent.

I watched the video from Saturday, whoever taped the "battle" got some great stuff, I'm going to try and send some to Fanforce and see if they'll post them.

How's everyone's lightsabers holding up? A couple of ours have some nice dings and dents in them; but overall no serious damage.

6. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    My saber took some massive damage. It's still in tact, but it's pretty heavily dented. One more battle and I think it will totally be bent up. And I know I may have sounded cocky early on when it came to dueling, but I have the numbers now to back it up...

7. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun, and again the Force was not with me as I have now missed my fifth meeting. My car was broken down for a while and I got it fixed Saturday like 3 hours after your meeting started; it happened to be a loose wire connected to my starter. I seem to have the greatest luck huh? I would have kicked all your arses in that saber fight anyhow, you never mess with a dark jedi... ;)

8. DarthClerical

DarthClerical Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 28, 2002
    All of us from Columbus had a great time as well. Thanks so much for hosting this gathering, the first of many we hope. It was really great to actually be able to use my lightsabers against someone other than an imaginary attacker.

And to Darth Zod: yes we got back okay. I did not see what you were doing, but the others in the car let me know and we got in the right direction pretty quick.

9. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    *looks at lightsaber*

Well, my saber has some nice marks on it... I'm gonna have to get a new one or something... ;)

But I had a blast! :) I want to do that again really soon! :)

10. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    That was REALLY Fun!The only thing I don't like is looking at my new purple lightsaber and Anakin's. The purple one was clean and nice. Now HAHAHAHA. and Anakin's has a BIG nick in it. Other then that it was fun. :D

11. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Emily, your purple one probably looks exactly like my purple one. ;)

12. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I kinda felt sorry for DarthAnakin, the prank we played on him (having the ticket seller at Cinemark tell him the movie sold out [face_devil] ) was meant for Krash. I mean the kid is only 13, and at his first meeting with us, still the look on his face was priceless. [face_laugh]

13. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    It was meant for Krash! That means I would of had it too!!!!!!! My lightsabers are so beat it's not even funny. Well it is but.

14. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I agree Don, I'm sorry we didn't get Krash too. But you're right... DarthAnakin's expression was priceless. :)

15. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    So the truth comes out...you guys were gunning for me...well, now I know who to trust around here [face_laugh] Would you believe me if I said I felt a "disturbance in the Force" urging me to get into the other line ;)

I wasn't around when the joke got pulled, I hope you guys let him off the hook nicely. I'd hate to think you scared him off. Nice kid, and pretty good with a lightsaber.

16. PadawanPadme

PadawanPadme Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2002
    Well I had no idea of the prank you were pulling on Krash. The disturbance in the Force that Krash felt was probably me going into the other line. :D The Force was strong with me not to fall for your stunt!!! :p

17. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Let me know when you guys plan on doing something that again. I live in Beaver County, PA and I'm only a littl eover a hour away. I couldn't make it to the last one.

18. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I posted invitations on the Cleveland, Columbus, Pittsburgh (with directions requested by someone from "the burgh"), and Detroit forums. Nobody seemed to notice in Pittsburgh, and alot of Detroit is coming for John Williams on the 28th...so I wasn't expecting alot of them.

So far, the plan is to do this again next summer (in Columbus) and to stay in touch with the other Fanforces.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.