main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA The War has begun....

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Sith_241, Mar 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    I think we should have a moment of silence, or at least be thinkin of all the brave soldiers risking their buts over in Iraq right now! May the force be with them all!

2. Rogue_Granger

Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    Hear Hear!

3. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2002
    - May The Force Be With Them- [face_plain]

4. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    May the Lord and Lady look over and bless all who are touched by this battle.....
    they are ALL in my heart, thoughts and prayers....

5. Arma_Geda-Mandalore

Arma_Geda-Mandalore Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    And may Allah have mercy on those who we will vanquish.

6. tk-7603

tk-7603 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 2003
    lol, well put!

7. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    May God, the Lord Jesus, Bless them and keep them safe, place his shrod of protection upon them and help them to return safe to us. :) And even protect those who are innocent in Iraq, help them, and heal their hurts and pain in this the time of crisis.

8. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    And may Allah have mercy on those who we will vanquish.

Well said. ;)

9. GenOochy

GenOochy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 8, 2003
    Begun, the Saddam war has.

May God be with them. :D

10. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    May God be with them

Well said... :) May God be with everyone!

11. Tink_Lady

Tink_Lady Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2003
    hey....anyone that is with me... are the protesters just pissing you all off?? Do they not realize that the troops can see all that crap and they dont see the diffrence between protesting the war and protesting them... I happen to know from a few of them it is very demoralizing. there are better ways to go about this if you dont agree with the war (like myself) including letter writing campains. sorry to vent on you all... but I really needed to get that off my chest... I hope as many troops come home as soon and safely as possible. The force is strong in this one.

12. Noelle_Kittie

Noelle_Kittie Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2003
    I agree. Those anti-war protestors are driving me insane too. I don't agree with the war either but how else do you work with a phycho like Saddam? His people NEED our help. They have been treated so badly and I'm glad America is doing something to help.

13. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2002
    I just got a look at them first hand in Frisco. They crazy! Hey I herd that Iraq's new National anthem is ?I?m afraid Of Americans? by David Bowie ?[face_plain]

I love that song [face_love]

14. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    yup, I think I'm w/ tink and Noelle, when I say, we are anti-war, pro-american!
    Let's get this done, help the Iraqis as much as possible, and come home SAFELY....and soon!

15. OddeBogodde

OddeBogodde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 24, 2002
    Anti-War? whatever for? I say we should go to war more often. Look at what it does to the economy!! not to mention the gas prices ;)

16. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Yeah, the prices havent gopne up for like 2 days!

17. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    Millions of Iraqis are being killed by Saddam. He uses them like a human shield. Like Eddie Izzard says :D "We don't mind when someone committs mass murder on their own people, but Hitler killed the people next door. aw, stupid man!"
    (conversation continued from the Oscar thread)

18. Eadaion

Eadaion Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2003
    Sorry to have a delayed response on the "protesters" subject... but here's my two cents: As a person who lives in New York City, I see protesters on every day, on every street corner, in Central Park all of the time, and these stupid marches almost every weekend. What pisses me off about them is that 1) most of them are doing it to get on television and 2) they're hypocritical. What I mean by this is that if these protesters want peace so much, then why the hell are they attacking policemen and firemen? If they want peace, then they should show it in every fiber of their being. They should live peace, exonerate it through their pores. By saying that they want peace and then attacking the nearest city official, they're not only being hypocritical, but they're ruining this city's morale! These men and women had to deal with the WTC attacks, they lost members of their stations, family members... now they have to put up with this kind of crap. It's ridiculous! Not only that, but these protesters sit in the middle of Third Avenue and won't even let an ambulance through! I'm sorry, but that's MORALLY wrong... there could be someone SEVERLY injured or sick and that ambulance can't get there because of these stupid protesters, half of whom don't even know what they're protesting against! (Sorry, that last one is just because of an incident that happened a few weeks ago, and the ambulances would have gotten there sooner if it hadn't been for stupid people - if you're really confused, my roommate was hit by a bus, and it ran over her foot... it was a bonding experience for the two of us... something like that)... but getting back to the point... these protests are ridiculous: they hurt morale, they're hypocritical, and on top of this, they LITTER THE CITY! Ugh, as if NYC isn't disgusting enough. Sorry... that was a long rant... congratulations if you got through it!

19. Eadaion

Eadaion Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2003
    ....and just for the record, I am actually opposed to the war... but I'm also opposed to the protestors (obviously). I will support our soldiers, though, because they have enough crap to deal with besides stupid people back home. Okay... I think I'm done (for now, at least...)

20. Tink_Lady

Tink_Lady Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2003
    amen!!!! I drive an ambulance and happen to know that the protests going on in la are blocking the main exit for UCLA trauma. so ambulances that need to go to UCLA have to be diverted...taking longer...there is this thing called the "magic hour" for critical patients, the more intervention you do in that first hour, the better their survival rate. seconds count, and they are taking that away from these people. for people who say they are protesting people dieing, they are sure trying to help alot of people get there. Also, terrorists are not stupid. they see four or five hundred cops diverted off the street, and at these protests, thats when they are going to attack again. the thing that really gets me about that is that the same people out there protesting and taking the police attention away from what they sould be worrying about are the same people who will try to blame the war for the terrorist attack. I'm not saying that I'm pro war or anti first ammendment... people have a right to protest if they want, I'm just saying that maybe they should think about where they are protesting and the kind of resourses it takes to keep them under control and be a little more mature about it. I feel like they are taking their rights for granted and not taking the rest of the city population in to cosideration. If you are going to worry about bombs blowing up women and children in Iraq, worry about it at home too. sorry, I just realized how long this was, please forgive me:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.