main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA The War of the Socks

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by FaLLeN-AnGeL, Feb 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    I agree! What'd I ever do to you?

And Ghoulashy, you didn't play the game correctly... What happened to letting me know that you were involved! :p

2. MisFitToy

MisFitToy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 5, 2003
    I knew the owner of that sock would be flushed out ;)

what do i care how i look? you should see some of the PMs i have from some of you boys [face_plain]

3. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Just for the record, I do think the board has to take some of the blame because I don't really think it's just between two people. I'm personally sick of some of the crap that gets dished out to certain people on this board. Maybe some of it's deserved and maybe some of it's returned but I'm sick of seeing it. And a lot of it seems to come from new people who have only second hand knowledge of the people they seem so keen to criticise. I get less and less enjoyment from this board these days for this very reason. Which is exactly why I haven't been posting here myself much lately. I've had enough of having to read through thread after thread of poorly concealed bitchiness. I know I'm not the only person who's tired of it.

4. Ghoulashy

Ghoulashy Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2002
    Saintheart: I say the whole board because you and everyone else here is apart of the board. If someone or some people are upsetting other board members then it is your right to turn around and have the balls to say something. For a long time now Ive felt that most of the people (with the exception from all but a few) sit back and just take this crap of people fighting amongest themselves for no reason what so ever. These boards were created for the enjoyment of everyone that attends here and the chance that you can all get together in real life, meet up and have some fun like you would on here. If someone disturbs it for you, speak up and say something, talk to them rationally about why they are doing this and get it sorted out instead of sitting back and watching the fight.

Most of the people that either dont chat on here or just left altogether seemed to have been chased away by this fighting amongest yourself. What hope do you have if this goes on like this, its message board stop reading into posts that arnt there and start enjoying one another for who they are not what they say or do. No ones perfect, not me, not you, not even MisFitToy or SoulKrusher. You should be sticking together not pushing people away.

FaLLeN-AnGeL: Sorry I'm not big on rules, sort of a free sprit. Besides where's the fun if you already know who's involved.

MisFitToy: I told you I would reveal myself if you guessed me but you didnt. Infact you havnt been around long to know anyone really well on here so you wouldnt havnt guess me anyway sorry and I doubt that.

Soniel: Thanks for saying something.

I just hope to see in the future that this board gets its act together, its been a sad to see downfall for a very long time.

5. MisFitToy

MisFitToy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 5, 2003
    Well, given SK's attitudes towards "newbies" it's very easy to see why people join and never return, i for one didn't like being referred to in a condascendingly sexist manner, as for all the other crap he's copped on here, he has noone but himself to blame, from what i've seen he enjoys fanning flames then taking offence and acting the wounded bull, so to speak, whenever his antics aren't apreciated.

I wouldn't worry however about any more infighting, if what you say is true, the guy in the middle of 90% of it is taking a break for a while, i'll tell you what, let's see if any flame wars break out during his absence shall we? then we'll see if in fact the remaining people on this board are the actual problem.

and with that, is my last word on this sorry subject, let's grow up, move on, and get back to having some desperately needed fun around here!

If anyone wants to keep this going, let's keep it to PMs shall we?

6. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    A person's past should be of no concern to the other members of FF, providing they don't let it get in the way of having fun. I know there's history here, but using socks to bring it out in public is not the way to go about resolving these things. If you have an issue, PM myself, Shara or Stinky_Jawa to sort these things out without ruining the fun for everyone.

Also, on a side note, posting a PM from someone without their permission isn't allowed. Just for future reference. ;)

7. Darth_Soup

Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    I don't want to push the issue, but Goulashy really isn't making much sense, or at least not showing the full picture.

I say the whole board because you and everyone else here is apart of the board. If someone or some people are upsetting other board members then it is your right to turn around and have the balls to say something. For a long time now Ive felt that most of the people (with the exception from all but a few) sit back and just take this crap of people fighting amongest themselves for no reason what so ever. These boards were created for the enjoyment of everyone that attends here and the chance that you can all get together in real life, meet up and have some fun like you would on here. If someone disturbs it for you, speak up and say something, talk to them rationally about why they are doing this and get it sorted out instead of sitting back and watching the fight.

You say it is someones "right" to say something. That much is true, however it isn't their responsibility. They don't have to speak up if they don't want to. You are also implying that everyone is offended by this,. what about the people who don't care, ignore it, and move on? By generalising the fact that it is the boards and everyone on it that cause the problem, you are offending many of the people who are not the problem. By saying something like that YOU are causing the same problem that we all wish to avoid. It is up to the mods to step in and take a stand in situations like this (something I believe they are doing quite well) not for the general public to take a stand. If you have a problem talk to the mods, don't be a vigilante, otherwise you become part of the problem, rather than the solution.

That is my first point.

Next in regards to the original purpose of this thread, why did you feel the need to be above the rules of the game?

You said: "Sorry I'm not big on rules, sort of a free sprit. Besides where's the fun if you already know who's involved."

If your not big on rules then don't play the game, simple. The rules were in place to make the game fun, yet possible. I am a free spirit also, but I don't think that I am special and the rules dont apply to me. I know that this is an extreme example, but thats like me saying in court after murdering someone "Sorry I'm not big on rules, sort of a free sprit" It wouldn't cut it there, and frankly it doesn't cut it here either.
    The fun lies in actually having a known pool of people to select your answers from. I mean, would it be fun if someone from say, Guam, who no-one has heard of, started using a sock? No-one would be able to guess and it would be pointless. A bit like you entering without stating so.

Try thinking before you do/say things, you may have less issues with people in the future, and you may have more fun around here.

DS

8. Ghoulashy

Ghoulashy Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2002
    Thanks I'll keep that in mind next time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.