main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD The War Room - QLDFF Events Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by BigBossNass1138, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    Because the Mona Lisa is the only painting at the Louve you can fit in your pocket...

2. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Events as of 22 May 2008:

-- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull viewing: 22 May 2008 (tonight), 6:40pm @ Southbank Cinemas (or any other time you may prefer).

-- Goobsday '08 / Sammich's Job Endification: Saturday, 24 May 2008. Drinks @ Gillhooley's from 5:30 - 6:00pm, dinner @ Blackjacks from 7:00pm, casual drinks after (Friday 23 May 2008 drinks still possibly on for Sammich's Job Endification).

-- Forbidden Planet/Logan's Run viewing: 11 June 2008, 7:00pm @ The Globe Theatre.

-- Movie Night (Batman Begins & Mask of the Phantasm): Postponed until further notice. Discuss.

-- Futurama: Bender's Big Score viewing: Postponed until further notice. Discussion here.

SERIOUS BUSINESS: Because it's Serious. Go here for serious discussion.

The Globe movie doubles: Times and dates for various doubles will be posted here. Check back regularly. Movie doubles that have interest invested in them will be added to the main event list.

Suggested Events: For discussion of suggested events, marathons and other vague happenstances, please refer to this page.

I've probably missed something, so let me know if I have. [face_whistling]

3. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    I'm up for seeing Narnia this weekend sometime. And Speed Racer the following weekend should be organised perhaps.

Logans Run next week at teh Globe..working on trying to get there.

4. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Sex and the city viewing at Chermside at 620pm session Saturday if anyone else is interested.

Prince Caspian I still want to see this weekend too if anyone else is interested.

5. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    ::Tonight:: Forbidden Planet/Logan's Run viewing: 11 June 2008, 7:00pm @ The Globe Theatre.

6. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Don't forget The Incredible Hulk, 6:30 Thursday night at Southbank.

7. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Indeedy. [face_peace]

Events as of 12 June 2008:

-- ::Tonight:: The Incredible Hulk viewing: 12 June 2008, 6:30pm @ Southbank. Be there, or be square.

-- Movie Night (Batman Begins & Mask of the Phantasm): Postponed until further notice. Discuss.

-- Futurama: Bender's Big Score viewing: Postponed until further notice. Discussion here.

SERIOUS BUSINESS: Because it's Serious. Go here for serious discussion.

The Globe movie doubles: Times and dates for various doubles will be posted here. Check back regularly. Movie doubles that have interest invested in them will be added to the main event list.

Suggested Events: For discussion of suggested events, marathons and other vague happenstances, please refer to this page.

8. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Am probably seeing The Chronicles of Narnia at 630 at Chermside tomorrow, Tuesday. Anyone up for a couple of hours of chidish fantasy and beautiful pictures, please join :)

I'll probably be at the pub before hand [face_good_luck]

9. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Oooh, tempting. If I can get out of work early enough, I could drive in to the movies. [face_thinking] Of course, there is my morbid dread of shopping centre car parks.

10. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Used to find those car parks a bit daunting myself. Now I know where i like to park, and it's quieter of a night time. Basically I just park a bit further away than most people, am happy to walk, and REALLY have to remember where I've parked. Yes, lost my car on more than a few occasions

11. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Certainly can't argue with that.

12. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Bar Wars!

This Saturday night, 8:30-on at the Plough Inn at South Bank. Some people are going to a show at QPAC so if you'd like to start a Bar Wars earlier in the night, go for it! If enough numbers are keen on it being in the city instead, then please, discuss here.

13. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Well, aside from Gillhooleys, the Plough has always been one of the mainstays of QldFF drinkery, so it sounds good to me, specially as will be at the show prior... [face_thinking]

14. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
  15. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Just wanted to say that it was great to catch up Luke last night and I hope we didn't bug you too much with questions. You seem happy and focussed and thriving in your new world, but also happy to be home amongst the every day people :)

Apologies to anyone that turned up to the Plough, as we randomly met Luke at QPAC and moved to the Monkey Place instead. We didn't get any calls, so figured no-one was Ploughing. There is no alcohol at the Monkeys though. Was all too civilised!

Umbilical Brothers were also VERY awesome last night and would encourage anyone with nothing to do tonight to get some tickets!
    Beware of ending up sore from laughing.
    "And ze shimmy.............. "

Thanks for a good night friends.

I don't have the munchkin pretty much all this week and am up for movies any night. Much I still want to see, so if anyone else is wanting company to see something..I'm there :) I should also be packing though....hmmm :rolleyes:

16. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
  17. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    I'ld be okay for any of those times except this coming saturday night. Would love to see it.

And thanks Kahlan, was great catching up with you guys who were there again- now i'm back and have a car expect to see me out more with you guys:) , and looking forward to catching up with you guys who wernt there (BBN,MS, Happybob etc).

The show was really funny as well, as Kahlan said- do yourself a favour and try and catch them tonight.

18. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004

I'd be up for a double hitter of Gotham Knight and then Dark Knight on the 16th.

19. HappyBob

Mar 7, 2002
    It's a date.

20. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    I suspect I'll be able to do this. Currently reorganising my diary and calendar and I'm pretty sure the 16th is free. If not, a bunch of stuff is getting cancelled in lieu of this.

In other news, I'm a bad Browncoat for failing to remind people that there's a Serenity screening this Sunday (July 6th) at the Eldorado Cinema at 141 Coonan Street in Indooroopilly.

The Movie starts at 6:45 pm, and it'll cost $10.50. Tickets are still available, but I suspect after Gencon there'll be a rush on them, so we should get in early. If you're interested, PM me and I'll pick some tickets up either tomorrow or Saturday.

And as a vague idea for before when Hellboy II comes out on August 28, I want to sit down and watch Hellboy (which I've seen but only vaguely remember) and Pan's Labyrinth (which I haven't seen). I figure watching these films with company would be more beneficial.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

21. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    I suppose I could be up for seeing Hellboy again. I didn't like it very much when I first saw it, but maybe my opinion will change on a re-watch.

In terms of the various Batman goings-on, I humbly submit that we ought to remember those amongst us who work, and that the best course of action would be a get-together to watch Batman Begins on Tuesday night, followed by a 6:30-ish screening of The Dark Night on Wednesday. I don't know when I'll get the chance to see Gotham Knight, and honestly I'm not too fussed about it and don't mind waiting.

22. HappyBob

Mar 7, 2002
    The Dark Knight screens 6pm Wednesday at South Bank. Can everyone make it by then?

This overlaps with the Gotham Knight session, ruling out the double-whammy idea, but no big loss. It screens at Dendy George St every day, at varying times. The most practical Gotham Knight sessions (the rest being before 5pm or after 9pm) are as follows:

Monday 7th Jul - 6:45pm
    Saturday 12th Jul - 6:45pm
    Monday 14th Jul - 6:45pm

23. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    I'll be there at 6 on Wednesday. I'm going to buy a ticket tomorrow if they're up for grabs.

I'm very keen to have a small get-together to watch Batman Begins on Tuesday, as I previously indicated. Who'd be free and up for such a thing?

24. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    As far as I'm aware, my schedule is open to accomodate Batman Begins viewing and 6:00 Wednesday Dark Knight viewing.

25. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    I usually finish work around 8:30 on Tuesdays so I'm doubtful I could make it. Keep us posted.

In other news, the Abbey Faire is on this weekend apparently. Anyone going?

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider