main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD The War Room - QLDFF Events Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by BigBossNass1138, Jan 10, 2007.

1. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Clone Wars is out? Guess that shows my level of attention and interest, huh?

2. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    I think Clone Wars is out next Thursday 15th?? ish. My level of interest is actually tied in with the munchkin probably being old enough to come see a Star Wars movie premiere on the big screen..and probably the last time.

Oh and MD, no offence taken nor meant of course.We will disagree from time to time..but yeah you're facetious on occasion. I of course never am, or sarcastic.

:)

3. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    yes, i'll be in for a clone wars group thing. Have actually read some pretty good reviews. thursday the 15th is indeed when it is out.

anything on for this weekend peeps?

4. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    I would be in for the 15th, albeit with kid in tow. So if it were to suit us perfectly, I'd pick a time at Chermside somtime close to 630 or earlier. Totally get that might be too early for many. IN fact he's not going to school Thursday, and I finish at 230 so we may even go earlier.

But yeah, very much seeing it with the munchkin.

5. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    CLONE WARS viewing.

I'm taking the munchkin to the 445 session at Chermside on Thursday. I know it's way too early for everyone and don't expect any of you :) He does have school the next day, so thought that would do. AND I totally want to see it Thursday.

6. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Clone wars tomorrow..woohooo. No not really that excited, but kid is.

GOobs and I are still considering going to the Yatala drive-in this Saturday or Sunday night to see Clone Wars and Dark Knight. Gates open at 630ish, and movies start at 715...more for the drive in experience than the movie viewings. $14 for both movies, car required :) Take away food and blankets will be brought along.

Anyone else interested in this experience of star wars at the drive in?

7. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Oo..me posting again :)

And Riverfire is on the 30th August which is amazing to watch from close by if you never have. Definitely will be trying to get to that too.

8. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I love the idea of going to the drive-in. Less so the novelty of driving that far for the novelty. If I do have a change of heart, I'll let you all know.

Anyway! When are the rest of us seeing The Clone Wars?
    It makes sense for us to be apathetic together, preferably with a marginally higher blood-alcohol level.

9. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    I might be seeing The Clone Wars at 10 am on Saturday at Balmoral. Or I may not. The whims of the group I'll be with will dictate what pre-lunch movie we see.

In other news, there is Free Jazz all this weekend at QPAC. I'll be going along Sunday afternoon methinks.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

10. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    I didn't get to see Clone Wars yesterday due to a headache that turned into a crappy few hours attempting to look after a 5 year old whilst wanting to throw up. Anyway, so haven't seen it. Goobs and I are free much of the weekend so assume we'll either drive-in or see it somewhere else.

11. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Hey, that's cool - Porsche or Pontiac Solstice version?
    [face_worried] You do mean the Transformer, right?

12. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    i'll be going along to the drive in tonight. only live 5 minutes away.

anyone else gonna be there?

13. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Yep we're gonna go too. Just decided for us. thanks Sparky :)

We'll be in my white Zuki.

Bring blankets and such :)

Anyone else??????

14. green_riddle_monkey

green_riddle_monkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2008
    First time posting here, but gosh I wish my family hadn't moved up north! We to used to live down the road from the drive-in. I'm begging everybody and anybody to come see it with me up in T'ville, but no-one has the guts to admit to enjoying a science fiction.

15. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Events as of 19 August 2008:

-- Wall-E Charity Screening: 31 August, 11:00am @ Chermside Cinemas. Refer to this awesome thread.

-- Talk-like-a-Pirate Day: 16 September.

-- SERIOUS BUSINESS LIVE - Why So Serious?: 20 September, 11:00 am start @ Echo Base. Check this other awesome thread for discussion.

-- SERIOUS BUSINESS LIVE - Serious Business Dead: 8 November. Time and place TBA, see previously linked SB thread for discussion.

SERIOUS BUSINESS: Because it's Serious. Go here for serious discussion.

The Globe movie doubles: Times and dates for various doubles will be posted here. Check back regularly. Movie doubles that have interest invested in them will be added to the main event list.

Suggested Events: For discussion of suggested events, marathons and other vague happenstances, please refer to this page.

16. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    It's also Riverfire this Saturday night, the 30th, and Goobs and I will be heading in. Anyone who hasn't ben there for the planes overhead, bright lights over the river should see it at least once. We're considering River Terrace at Kangaroo Point, or failing that somewhere at the kangaroo Point end of South Bank. I'm not a huge fans of crowds so somewhere a little less populated might be good.

But it really is amazing to be a part of. The sound of the jets from 2 years ago is still stuck in my mind.

Sunday morning is also a free BBQ on the Goodwill Bridge which I might go to if I'm up. Most of us won't be :), but for those who are and want to enjoy a gorgeous Brissie morning....

..followed of course by the Wall-E screening on Sunday at 11.

YEs I'm excited about the weekend a bit early..I've been at home with a sick kid!!!

17. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    TBH I've never found the fireworks in Brisbane to be all that spectacular, they always just seem lackluster :s Doesn't help that I really, really hate crowds and noise, maybe that has something to do with it.

But I am looking forward to seeing Wall-E on Sunday :D

18. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Fireworks keen here.
    Updated the banner to reflect that :p

19. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Events as of 28 August 2008:

-- RiverFire 2008: 30 August.

-- Wall-E Charity Screening: 31 August, 11:00am @ Chermside Cinemas. Refer to this awesome thread.

-- Talk-like-a-Pirate Day: 16 September.

-- SERIOUS BUSINESS LIVE - Why So Serious?: 20 September, 11:00 am start @ Echo Base. Check this other awesome thread for discussion.

-- SERIOUS BUSINESS LIVE - Serious Business Dead: 8 November. Time and place TBA, see previously linked SB thread for discussion.

SERIOUS BUSINESS: Because it's Serious. Go here for serious discussion.

The Globe movie doubles: Times and dates for various doubles will be posted here. Check back regularly. Movie doubles that have interest invested in them will be added to the main event list.

Suggested Events: For discussion of suggested events, marathons and other vague happenstances, please refer to this page.

20. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    Hmm, just thinking, shouldn't it be "Dead Serious Business"?

21. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Dead Serious is good too. But the notion is that Serious Business Dead is the opposite of Serious Business Live. If we weren't tied to this (kick ass) naming scheme, I'd be voting we call it "George A. Romero's LAN of the Dead."

Or maybe Ceaser Romero's. That way we could work in the Joker/Why So Serious angle...

22. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    Why not "Serious Business Presents! - George A. Romero's LAN of the Dead". I'm sure Sammich or the other artists could craft some appropriate sideshow or grindhouse inspired posters for it.

And all those cult films have multiple titles anyway. Why not this LAN?

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

23. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    We couldn't use George Romero, because these are fast zombies and he only used (worked with? :p) slow zombies. Slow zombies make more sense, but are less intense.

I was thinking of going with "Serious Business DEAD - Open 4 Business".

Maybe we could do a zombie movie marathon leading up to the release? "Serious Business Presents - Zombistravaganza!"

24. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I'm well aware it's no longer 1997, but if anyone here is "into" that sort of "thing", The Living End are playing at the Arena on Friday 19/9.

I'm also planning to see Supergrass at the Tivoli on Thursday 2/10.

Anyone interested in coming along?

25. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    When and if I get some time I'm going to do up some Serious Busines Dead art, based off the Left 4 Dead logo. I'm thinking versions both with and without Ceaser Romero, just to see what works. I'm liking "Serious Business Presents: "Ceaser Romero's LAN of the Dead (Serious Business 4 - Open 4 Business)."

If we're going to get outrageous with the title, we might as well go all the way.