main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD The War Room - QLDFF Events Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by BigBossNass1138, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Wrong Romero

aaaand I just cooked this up last night but didn't have time to upload it -
    [image=http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/1579/open4businesscopypu7.jpg]

2. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    No, not wrong Romero. George can't be on the poster saying "why so seious?" now can he?

3. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    The combined powers of George and Cesar have got nothing on this Romero.

4. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    :eek: Aaaaaaaargh!!!

5. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Events as of 6 September 2008:

-- SERIOUS BUSINESS - HIGH STEAKS: (Tomorrow) 7 September 2008. Location and time to be verified, but we're thinking the Hog's Breath Cafe over at Paddington (just up from Roma Street Station) in the evening for this meeting of Serious Minds over Serious Steaks. The more the merrier, aye? [face_peace]

-- Talk-like-a-Pirate Day: 19 September.

-- SERIOUS BUSINESS LIVE - Why So Serious?: 20 September, 11:00 am start @ Echo Base. Check the Serious Business for discussion.

-- SERIOUS BUSINESS LIVE - Serious Business Dead: 8 November. Time and place TBA, see previously linked SB thread for discussion.

SERIOUS BUSINESS: Because it's Serious. Go here for serious discussion.

The Globe movie doubles: Times and dates for various doubles will be posted here. Check back regularly. Movie doubles that have interest invested in them will be added to the main event list.

Suggested Events: For discussion of suggested events, marathons and other vague happenstances, please refer to this page.

6. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    We're thinking about meeting at the Paddington Hog's Breath at around 6:00pm tonight.

7. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Events as of 7 September 2008:

-- Talk-like-a-Pirate Day: 19 September.

-- SERIOUS BUSINESS LIVE - Why So Serious?: 20 September, 11:00 am start @ Echo Base. Check the Serious Business thread for discussion.

-- SERIOUS BUSINESS LIVE - Serious Business Dead: Time and place TBA, see previously linked SB thread for discussion.

-- Brisbane Supanova 2009: 3 - 5 April 2009 @ The RNA Showgrounds.

-- SERIOUS BUSINESS - HIGH STEAKS: Time and Date TBA. Please discuss the optimal dates for the pulverising of Serious Appetites.

The Globe movie doubles: Times and dates for various doubles will be posted here. Check back regularly. Movie doubles that have interest invested in them will be added to the main event list.

Suggested Events: For discussion of suggested events, marathons and other vague happenstances, please refer to this page.

8. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Events as of 29 September 2008:

-- Guinness Wednesday - Birthday Edition: 15 October, after 5:00pm @ O'Malleys (more than likely). Unless I change my mind. Also, Kill Bill 1 & 2 are on this night. May go to Pancake Manor afterwards as per the usual.

-- SERIOUS BUSINESS LIVE - Serious Business Dead: Time and place TBA, see previously linked SB thread for discussion.

-- NaNoWriMo: From 1 - 30 November.

-- Guy Fawkes Night: 5 November.

-- Christmas: 25 December.

-- SERIOUS BUSINESS - HIGH STEAKS: Time and Date TBA. Please discuss the optimal dates for the pulverising of Serious Appetites.

Anything I've missed on this list? Let me know. [face_whistling]

9. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Any Wednesday night shananigans for this week? I've got one free..people????? :)

10. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Well I'm Guinness Wednesdaying it if you wanted to join us :) (I often wonder if I'm becoming a quaint little alcoholic... Bah.)

11. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Quite the alcoholic myself this week.. SURE!

12. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Heheh, groovy. Well we're usually at O'Malleys from 5. [face_peace]

13. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    ...any more on na-no-wri-mo?
    [face_thinking]

14. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    I'll make a thread for it in a little bit if you like. Give me a few minutes. :)

15. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Events as of 1 October 2008:

-- Guinness Wednesday - Birthday Edition: 15 October, after 5:00pm @ O'Malleys (more than likely). Unless I change my mind. Also, Kill Bill 1 & 2 are on this night. May go to Pancake Manor afterwards as per the usual.

-- SIXFTHICK @ Rics:(Tomorrow) 2 October, band on around 10pm. Discuss here.

-- NaNoWriMo: From 1 - 30 November - refer to this thread for more discussion.

-- Guy Fawkes Night: 5 November.

16. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    Nov. 5 Guy Fawkes Night - I've a place if someone has a DVD.
    (This is a Wednesday folks, just so you know.)

17. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Anyone else feel like a summer weekend away?

Next one clear for us would be Friday 28th, Satuday 29th, Sunday 30th November. It's still low season in most places so pretty cheap. Would be doing my darndest to get the Monday off too.

Anyone else interested, and any ideas on places anyone would want to go? Discuss...

18. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Loz and I are free that weekend. We really enjoyed it last time, so yeah, we'd be up for it.

19. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I'd love to make it this time around. I shouldn't have any clashing commitments then, plus Anne-Gaelle will be on holidays with her family, and it would be nice not to be stranded in Brisbane the whole time.

Also: Max Payne's out this Thursday. We are seeing it. When?

20. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    I believe I shall see it Thursday, as it's the only time I have before a weekend that is packed with jam, even by my standards.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

21. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Working late on Thursday night, so I won't be able to make it then. Friday night works.

22. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    We're up for the weekend away at the moment, although it may change as although I'll have finished (year 10's finish that week) Tim has another two weeks of fun Christmas activities to go.

Kithera

23. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Trying to get a booking for this place

I'm going to ring and book this place in the next day, as there's another request on it.
    It's 4 bedroom and closer to the water than the last place we had.

GOobs and I will have to go home late Sunday but I'm booking it til Monday, so we can all stay late Sunday or overnight if we want, plus it's the same price for 2 nights or 3.

As always I'm rushing in to get things organised but most of these houses are gone a couple months out.

Hopefully people can come those dates and we'll work out costs later :)

If it gets taken by soeone else we'll keep looking.

Edit:

Okay, place is booked :) 28th, 29th, 30th November

First dibs on rooms and stuff will go to me, BBN and Kit as we said 'hell yeah' first..

It's Friday and Saturday night, with the option of Sunday night if people don't have to work Monday. For now we'll do the costs over 2 nights, and if you can stay the third night, we'll discuss. If you wanted to stay Sunday night, you'd have the run of the house, but you'd have to clean it up before you left on Monday..and give back keys etc.

ANYWAY. I'll contact BBN and Kit and confirm with them fist, but the final stuff we'll post on here to keep it fair and orderly. Just the way I like things :)

Costs I'd see like this ( remembering we're doing it over the two nights)

Main bedroom, which has the queen bed,an ensuite and the great view: $130 a night
    2nd bedroom, which has the other Queen bed: $80 a night
    3rd/4th Bedroom, single beds: $30 per bed per night, or $60 per room

The 4th bedroom has a single and a trundle bed which doesn't sound overly comfy for bad back people..jsut pointing that out ;)

So it's set up for 8 people, but honestly, there's a couple couches and floor space and it's us, so if you're happy to bring a sleeping bag and sleep rough, you're welcome too.

Goobs and I are happy to take the main room and pay for it, although we had it last time, so if another couple wants it, but it'd have to be for both nights, you're welcome to it. As long as we get the 2nd or 3rd bedroom. :)

I think that's all for now. WOOHOO.
    SMS me or pm for further info, but post here if you are confirming.

[face_dancing]

24. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Events as of 13 October 2008:

-- Guinness Wednesday - Birthday Edition: (This Week) 15 October, after 5:00pm @ O'Malleys for drinks, then on to The Globe for Kill Bill 1 & 2 at 7:00pm. Ladies, bring a plate.

-- Max Payne viewing: Comes out this Thursday - discuss.

-- SERIOUS BUSINESS LIVE - Serious Business Dead: Time and place TBA, see SB thread for discussion.

-- NaNoWriMo: From 1 - 30 November - refer to this thread for more discussion.

-- Guy Fawkes Night: 5 November. DVD watching, tentatively at Lozza's place. Discuss to finalise details.

-- Coolum Getaway 2: Tentatively suggested for weekend of 28 - 30 November.

-- Christmas Eve: 24 December. Scoff and I are thinking of having a sort of open house, eat food, drink alcohol, maybe watch some dvds sort of night if anyone is free. I might actually make a post about this so it gets seen... [face_thinking]

-- Boxing Day (Insert movie here): 26 December.

I think the Coolum trip sounds like a great idea and I'll see if Scoff is interested. Sounds like fun though :)

25. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    I'm sure BBN and I would happily take that 2nd bedroom :)