main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD The War Room - QLDFF Events Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by BigBossNass1138, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Well I'm up for watching Amelie on Monday night 9th Feb..next week. It's on at 630 though..can you get there by then CJ?, or adjourning to your or my place for watching would suffice. Flight of the Navigator on at 830.I can't do Tuesday 10th ( Amelie on at 830) unfortunately.

Beetljuice and Goonies on tomorrow and Tuesday nights this week...might be a bit rainy this week though.

2. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Hey I know the last reply was mine too...

I'm also considering heading to this event, on Friday 13th. It's s combined music and steampunk group event, which I'd love to jsut go to and see!

If anyone else wanted to do a bit of steampunk dressing up and viewing of other freaks more freaky than us, let me know.

http://s488.photobucket.com/albums/rr250/prombound/Flyers/?action=view&current=mythflyer130209MKII-1.jpg

3. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Heading to see Amelie in the valley at the limes hotel at 630 if anyone is interested..

4. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Have tickets for Chicago at the Lyric on Wed 15th April at 730, if anyone else was thinking of ordering tickets and wanted company. Still seems to be some decent tickets left. About $100 though.

5. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Watchmen tickets are on sale at BCC. 5th March opening?

6. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Huh, beat me to it, K.

I'd probably prefer to see it in town so getting home is easier (especially if viewing is on Thursday - weekend is more flexible, naturally).

7. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Waiting on Southbank tickets. After the amazing experience of sold-out opening-night Cinema 5 geek crowds for Iron Man and The Dark Knight, I don't want to see Watchmen any other way. I want standing ovations, and Cinema 5 is the place.

8. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    conferring on watchman places and times will take place NOW!!!! please :)

in other news..the scifi group Adam is a part of is playing their Triad/Pyramid games in New Farm park tomorrow, Sunday 1st March. They've got 3 teams already playing this BSG based game, and I'm gonna take the kid for a bit of a look, and to meet them..well it's the plan, something usually happens to impede.

If you wanted to go, it's New Farm park, somewhere and look for the geeks dreesed in black and grey singlets with dogtags.

9. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    Tentative Watchmen times are up.

At Southbank Cinema 5, we've got 5.25 - 8.28, and 8.50 - 11.53. I suspect we'll need to go for the 8.50.

Obviously, we'll need to buy tickets online during the day, or as soon as they become available.

Also, if anyone's got the day off and doesn't mind the Hike, I'll be seeing it at 10.15 in a digital projection cinema at Victoria Point.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

10. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    As stated on The Twitters, I'll be leaving work at 4:30 on Thursday and huffing it over to the 5:25 screening. That's my plan, and I'm sticking to it. Loz will be there as well, and enyone and everyone else is welcome to join us.

11. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Given that it's a work night, I'd prefer to do the 5:25 viewing (though later showings would be considered if I can beg a lift home :p).

12. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    Well I will be leaving work at 4pm and crawling (or slithering) over to southbank for the 5.25 session.

13. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    I'm going to leave as early as I dare to try and get there on time (travelling from Kedron not as convenient as from the valley, I'm afraid). Given the managers all being out and my only other work companion hating being here today, I suspect I might be able to cruise at a reasonable hour. [face_peace]

14. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    We're going to be there from 5pm.

15. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    March 21st: The finale of Battlestar. Here from lunch time.

Food is provided, bring drinks, settle in to watch however many of the last 10 episodes you choose to and final episode starts at 810pm on Foxtel. Crashing after is fine.

Really want to share this ending with you guys.

I'll be in my BSG casual gear, feel free to dress appropriately.

BSG board game may be played..MD?

Please reply if interested. Two weeks to go of catch up time for any that are behind.

EDIT: Actually reply in the thread I'm starting. Haven't New Topicced in such a long time.

16. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    A bunch of us are looking to hold something I'm calling the "Honorary River Tam Beats Up Everyone" Movie Marathon this coming Sunday (March 29th). We're looking to show:

Crank
    Shoot 'Em Up
    Taken

Not sure on a venue yet, but is anyone else interested?

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

17. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    X-Men Origins: Wolverine opens 29th April... too early to be planning the outing?
    [face_mischief]

18. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Breakfast at Tiffany's is playing at the Southbank Openair cinema on Thursday night this week, 16th. It's $15 and starts at 530 with music and such with the movie screening at 7pm. It's a film I always like seeing on TV but've never seen in a movie experience. And I haven't got the "lets see a movie whilst sitting on the grass" notion out of my head yet.

Anyway, may not go yet, but it's an idea!

19. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Vortex are holding a Star Trek Screening on Friday, May 8 at 6:30 pm at the Palace Barracks Cinemas. Tickets are $10.00. They're renting out the entire cinema for this, so it may be fun.

On the flipside, it's guaranteed to be an entire cinema full of Trekkies :p I merely post it as I've not been to the Barracks yet, so it's an option.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

20. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    I feel all crawly.

21. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    There are tentative plans to hold our B-Movie B-nanza (also known as the inaugural River Tam Beats Up Everyone Move Marathon) on Sunday March 3. For those not in the know, this will involve a back-to-back viewing of crazy people-kicking-the-ass-of-other-people movies Crank, Taken, and Shoot 'Em Up.

We have copies of the films, but what we don't have is a venue for Sunday afternoon/early evening. Anyone interested in this? Feel like volunteering?

22. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    :confused: March? Hasn't that been and gone already?

23. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    May is the new March.

24. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    knocks on microphone..

Hello, anyone still around here? ;)

We're headed to see Wolverine tonight at Chermside at 655 session in Vmax cinema. It's close to us ( and hell parking is easy and free and I'm lazy) and I want to see what vmax feels like.

I believe the film comes out officially tomorrow, but Chermside and some other places are having special screenings tonight.

Couple of seats left for that session if anyone is reading early and wants to join. Might have gilhooleys or Grilled burgers first if peope feel like an early dinner or drink at about 530.

Star Trek is also out next week, and I'm REALLY looking forward to that, so any plans to see it..discuss!

25. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    So....anyone catching Star Trek Thursday/friday/saturday

...And i can't believe i just wrote that:p