main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD The War Room - QLDFF Events Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by BigBossNass1138, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    I'm going to be spending my afternoon with a plethora of pretentious, pernicious, plastic, petty, precious, privileged privately-schooled primadonnas whose self-promoted* pure, peerless, and perfect ways quite frankly piss me off. These apparently "real" and "normal" people are so far off my weird'o'metre I don't care to discuss how much I'm going to be wanting to ring their pretty necks or simply run the other direction whimpering or screaming - depending on how bad things have been up till then. Did I mention the part where I really, really, really didn't want to be going to this party? Did I also mention the part where I really, really, really don't have a choice in the matter considering it is an engagement party for a good friend of mine, a girl I've known (and been good friends with) for well over ten years. I may not care for the rest of the company that will be attending but frankly I really am obligated to go.

I consider you lot real people by MY definition.
    So if you lot think that you are all overrated by all means, go ahead. I think you'd be doing yourselves an injustice, but.. *shrug*

* - pretty sure this isn't actually a real word... Couldn't think of a better one with quite the same meaning.

2. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Well I think I am real, I throw myself up against a wall and I hurt. Does that not make me real? :p I'm sure there are easier ways to test my realness though :confused:

Anywho, are we happy to checking the last post in this for event updates cause I can get the first post edited if that is eaiser? If you do want the first post edited PM me the details and I shall take of it. ;)

3. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    consider you lot real people by MY definition.
    So if you lot think that you are all overrated by all means, go ahead. I think you'd be doing yourselves an injustice, but.. *shrug*

Well I was just making a pithy joke, but if you want to take it that way, fine. :p

Sounds like a pretty crap night.

4. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    Sounds like a pretty crap night.

I dunno, the ability to pitch insults under the radar all night has its bonuses. :p

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

5. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I'm not available on any Sunday at all and I'm busy this Saturday. Next one is fine.

2000th post! Huzzah! Hoorah! Huzzah!

6. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    So have we pronounced this thread dead? Or perhaps redundant?

7. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    NO! I refuse to let the war room die! :eek: [face_worried]

8. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I intend on mentioning the Tranformers outing, the Autumn Tour De FanForce, and my b-day here...

9. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    The thread is always around for discussing events and gettogethers. As there's not much on the cards just now, it's quiet, but anyone can throw something out there whenever they want. That's what it's for.

10. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    There are alot of movies this year we could see as a group. POTC:AWE is another apart from transformers.
    We could make a group viewing of the simpsons movie (assumeing everyone should know that show:p ) even though i have my doubts it will be good[face_tired] [face_worried]

11. Luke_Sparkewalker

Oct 23, 2001
    okay - doubts gone

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/thesimpsonsmovie/trailer3_large.html
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL50ddCSJmo

:eek: now i'm looking forward to it:eek:

12. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    Well The Illusionist comes out on Thursday. Anyone up for seeing it on the weekend?

13. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Well I'm free during the day on Saturday, but then I've got the 21st - though no doubt I should be sewing like the wind both Saturday and Sunday :p Was thinking of going to the Valley op shops actually on Saturday... [face_thinking]

14. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    Cheap Prestige rip-off...Pardon me if I say "Poppycock" :p

But yeah, I'll see it. Probably not this weekend though.

In other news, here's some prospective double feature film outings, courtesy of the Globe Theatre:

Wed 28 February, 7.00pm (18+ event) - Kill Bill Volume One (2003) (R18+) and Kill Bill Volume Two (2004) (MA15+) $15.00 per person.
    Wed 21 March, 7.00pm - Goonies (1985) (PG) & Gremlins (1984) (PG) $13.00 per person.
    Wed 28 March, 7.00pm - Ghost In The Shell (1995) (M) & Akira (1988) (M) $13.00 per person.
    Wed 4 April, 7.00pm - Corpse Bride (2005) (PG) & Beetlejuice (1988) (M) $13.00 per person.
    Wed 18 April, 7.00pm - The Muppet Movie (1979) (PG) & The Great Muppet Caper (1981) (G) $13.00 per person.

I'd be up for the ones on March 21, 28 and April 18.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

15. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Oooh Goonies and Gremlins.
    Muppet movies x 2
    Oh My!

Wednesday nights are good for me. Sounds like a plan.

Are the powerhouse outside movies finished? so wanted to do that.. Oh I'll look

Edit: Checked. Yes it's finished :( Missed it last year too! On the upside for those not working Wednesday. Well I know most of us are..but..Jackie Chan film "Miracle" playing at GoMa at 130 pm for $7. Be cool to see one of his older films on teh big screen. It's in cantonese.

Weren't we gonna go to the Blue Room sometime too?

16. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm most definitely up for the Ghost in the Shell/Akira one and the Muppets one. Sweeeeeeeet.

17. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Pretty much what BBN said, mind you they all sound like fun. :)

18. Luke_Sparkewalker

Oct 23, 2001
    haha - The Great Muppet Caper used to be one of my fav movies....when i was like 4 mind you. :p

might have to catch it again...but they all sound good.:D

19. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    Oooh Bek, lemme know if you do end up going, I might catch a train in and meet you there :D

Hahah well MD the main reason I want to see it is for the costumes! But hey, it looks like a good magic film! All of those double features sound good, I wouldn't have minded seeing the Kill Bill ones (as I've not yet seen them) but I'm happy with whatever.

20. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Wait, going where? The op shops? Sorry, concentration blah :p
    If we want to make it a definate outing then I'll be more likely to go - Saturday mornings are always so hard to catch ;)

edit: and secondary response to MD's comment, every time I hear the phrase, "(..blahdiblah) Poppycock" I have to reenact the entire scene in my head. Every time...

21. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    So at the risk of sounding like I'm just plain confused and simply want to know what's going on (oh, wait... :p), someone please speak to me of the Robotech marathon.

When? Where? Who? How? Why? Etc etc.

I've been told Saturday the 3rd at the Boon, but I just want to be sure of it. This is why we have the War Room thread, people, so everybody knows what's going down. It's a centralised place to post event details, doing away with the crosstalk and general failure to communicate that otherwise descends upon us.

22. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Thanks BBN, I was also a little foggy on the goings on... I know I can't make the 3rd anyway, but it's always nice to know the whole of what's going on.

23. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Yes TehBoon is still an option this Saturday. I will be watching the V8s on my TV until 5:30, but whenever you'd like to start we can in TehBoon's Lounge.

24. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Well I wouldn't be there till 6 anyway, so that doesn't concern me.

25. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    I think perhaps this was the reason it was not posted about in this thread. At least be thankful you were given details about it in the first place. So, is there going to be a marathon or is it going to be a secret little meeting by personal invite only?

Because honestly, I've had just about enough of grown adults acting like spoilt highschoolers, with their elitist groupings and secret meetings organised to exclude certain people from the group. I've heard all of the stupid excuses you can throw at me, I dealt with that all through school and I refuse to have to deal with that from grown adults. If you don't want someone to attend either tell them straight or suck it up and deal with them attending.