main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource The Wars of Star Wars: A Military Fan Fiction Writers' Resource Thread—2nd Writing Challenge Begins!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Goodwood, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Soon. I've got a couple in mind, but I'm not sure which one to go with.

2. Something_Exile

Something_Exile Jedi Master

Nov 23, 2012
    Thank you very much, I appreciate it very much. Glad you enjoyed it, and looking forward to the next challenge as much as the rest of you.

3. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Alright, here's the next Military Fanfic Challenge!

This one is geared more toward what life in the military might be like in the Galaxy Far, Far Away, specifically, what kind of occupations there might be and why an individual might choose whichever mode of service (MOS in modern military parlance) they pick. The U.S. Army and other organs of the American forces each have over a hundred different options to choose from, but you needn't copy such a model in this challenge. So, here it is:

A New Soldier's Story

Take a character, either a canon individual or a person of your own crafting (the latter is more likely to fit, however), and write a short story about their graduation from basic training, and what soldiering occupation they might choose and why. All of history is open to you, and you may use whatever canon or original military service you wish, however it must be about a single character and ought to focus on their point of view alone. After all, boot camp is just the first step in becoming a soldier, sailor or pilot; most if not all take some sort of advanced training before they are ever assigned to a unit. Entries may also explore a character's arrival at their new home, but this is optional.

Entries will be due on Wednesday May 8th, otherwise known as V-E Day, and should be linked in this thread. I'll see if I can get a mod to award colours for the winning entry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.