main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The WatchTower: Justice League Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by -Courtney-, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Courtney-

-Courtney- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 8, 2005
    I can't believe there isn't already a thread on this, this is definitely one my favourite cartoons of all time. I don't know why they are cancelling it.

2. Minder

Minder Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    They are canceling it because they listened to the fans.

Spme people wrote in complaining about the direction they were taking the show, so they altered to accomodate theese people, and lost rateings because of it.

Or at least, that is what I hear.

3. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I liked the first Season and will be buying it on DVD (this Tuesday! :D ) but I got really lost when it turned into "Unlimited." I'm sorry, but I don't know half the DC roster so well, and most of the new characters they did bring in were quite dull IMO.

4. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    This was a fun show when it started up - I haven't seen any episodes in a long time but I did enjoy the originals. :D

5. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Athough JLU was good too I liked it better when it was just Justice League. When will the last few episodes be shown in the US? I know they're takiing a break and that Toonami is doing Miyazaki Month for this past weekend and the next three as well.

6. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    For me it was the complete opposite, I think JLU was far more interesting then the earlier version. Besides Jeffry Combs as the Question > all other characters.

7. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    One of the best American animated series made, imho. I consider it, along with the rest of the 'Timmverse' shows, to almost be one huge series, evolving over time.

8. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    Don't misunderstand me, I loved the few JLU shows I watched, but I just didn't know who the heck most of those people were. I guess someone would have the same feelings if they just jumped into the middle of X-Men or Fantastic Four as well.

9. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    I love the Justice League cartoon I haven't heard about the first season coming out on DVD in the UK which is annoying hopefully it won't be to long and the last episode is just EPIC.

10. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    One of my favourite cartoons. I enjoyed it when it first came out and it was only a few main characters. But I liked it more when it expanded to JLU, it was good seeing all the other DC characters like Green Arrow and Black canary getting some attention. Of course it would have helped if they had identified some of the more obscure characters better some of them I still don't know their names.

11. -Courtney-

-Courtney- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 8, 2005
    Every one likes JL more than JLU, I suppose because it is easier to follow with less characters. But I am used to watching shows with many characters, like Star Wars & X-men. There are some JLU characters I like such as Green Arrow & Question.

12. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Both versions are good, but I would choose JL or JLU. However I do like the addition of Green Arrow, Black Canary, Huntress & The Question.

Who in the world is Mr. Terrific?

I think Cartoon Network is holding the last 4 episodes till Summer.

13. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Mr. Terrrific.

I'm definatly more partial to JLU. Its great how he manages to parallel the DCU without even trying.

14. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Thanks Weezer :)

15. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I dl'd the episode that was supposed to be the death of superman, i thought it was going to be doomsday and the whole nine yards, but it turned out to be the planet of the apes episode

16. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    I dropped into Wal-Mart this morning looking for Season One of Justice League and Batman Beyond. They didn't have either one. [face_plain]

17. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I believe it's being cancelled because it's reached the standard limit with the number of episodes most cartoons have these days. Like 65 or something. Also, to make way for "Legion Of Super-Heroes" Even though it's a great show, it falls under one of those two catergories.

And with websites devoted to comics or resources like Wikipedia, you can find out who each DC hero is and what their backstory is all about.

18. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Saw this a bit ago, don't know if it fits here, but anyways, new Justice League video game coming soon:

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223897

Justice League: Heroes, coming out sometime soon, dunno what platforms on, but it looks pretty cool to me!

19. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I hope they do a Legion of Superheros cartoon, to continue the Timmverse.

And damn, that does look like a cool game. Thanks for the link, heels1785.

20. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    I found both the first season of JL and Batman Beyond over at a local Wal-Mart. :) ~yippee!

21. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Wal-Mart didn't have it but Wal-Mart did o_O

How very odd.

Don't know how I feel about a legion cartoon. It was by far one of the most complicated books I don't know how it would translate to screen. At the same time I have the utmost faith in Timm and if anyone could pull it off it would be him.

22. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Well, weezer, like they did with JLA and JLU, just streamline it and get rid of excess baggage.

The Legion's the 31st century's version of the Justice League. Have some of the icons there like Saturn Girl (who appeared in a Superman: TAS episode) and viola! No messy stuff with the Time Trapper and alternate Superboys.

23. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Well there isn't near as much to "streamline" with JLA as there is with legion. Legion by far is the member heaviest team in DC. Even with all of the random DC characters featured in JLU its still a fraction of Legion's extended roster.

Like I said I'm sure it could work but I've never been a fan of the book. It seems I'm not alone as its gone through multiple re-launches/re-boots (not that JLA hasn't).

Here is a bit on wiki about the roster for the team:
    Andy Milder, voice of Lightning Lad, told the Comics Continuum a bit more about the show. "In the series, Lightning Lad is the Legion's field leader. Other prominent members will include Superboy, Brainiac 5, Saturn Girl, Timber Wolf, Phantom Girl and Bouncing Boy."

24. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    If at first you don't succede at the 24 hour Wal-mart, then you must go to another Wal-mart on your lunch break.

25. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Most likely this Legion will use bits and pieces of continuity, though rely heavily on the Silver Age elements. But certain Modern Age story elements will probably pop up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.