main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC The way it has to be

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Stalker, Feb 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    In light of recent events it has occurred to me that we need to have some basic ground rules if this group is to stay as large as it is. Since Tim has temporarily stepped down and no one else has stepped up yet, I will take the lead until Tim comes back or a new CR is decided and appointed. As some of you know I have already had several private conversations in an attempt to find a resolution in this matter.

1-There will be NO DISPARRAGING REMARKS or other personal attacks of any nature made via posting on the public boards, sent via PM, e-mail, or in person.

2-Respect the points of views of all the other members even when they are vastly different from your own. If you challenge someone else's decision you should do so in a polite and respectful manner.

3-Lighten up!!! It's not that much fun to be forced to be politically correct all the time. Occasionally some of us (myself probably being the worst) make remarks that are considered innuendos, or improper for the boards. I'll remind you that this is not Sunday school. Yes minors do visit these boards but if a minor is on the internet getting to our boards he/she has probably already seen much worse than any of us talk about. We do need to make sure that conversation don't get out of hand but at the same time let's not be so quick to condemn each other for every little remark, it really dampens the fun when we get to caught up in being politically correct.

There is no need for anyone to leave these boards, not Tim, not Mutt, not Liz, or anyone else. All that needs to take place is that each of us try to put ourselves in someone else's shoes before we come down on them. At this time, I am entirely convinced that Tim will come back as the CR and that we can get back to normal within the Senate.

2. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Well, since I'm really clueless about what's going on, about all I can add is that those are generally good rules to live by, so I'm in.

3. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    All good points, Roger. Thank you for making them. Numbers one and two are (I would hope) common knowledge; both are covered in the TOS (which we must abide by no matter what).

I am confident that this will all be resolved and the GS will go on being as goofy and quirky as ever. I have more thoughts on the matter but I'm not going to get into it right here or now, mainly because I don't feel right commenting on things when I don't have the whole story. I realize that as the supposed 'vice', I should be stepping up and what not, but it's hard when I feel so out of the loop (and I have tried to be in the loop, but I think people mistake it for me being just loopy). ;)

4. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Valerie,

Indeed, you are the Vice and when you feel that you are ready to assume full responsibility for all of this I encourage you to step up. :) For the record, I wasn't trying to step on your toes but I don't want people to keep looking at this as a crisis.

5. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    I understand where you're coming from; I wasn't trying to imply that you're stepping on my toes. :) I was just trying to point out that it's hard to take control of a situation that you have minimal knowledge of.

6. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Stateless is the Vice CR and would step up in a situation if Tim decides to leave. However Tim is still the CR and will not decide whether he steps down for a couple of days. In the meantime the Vice CR is the one who usually steps in.
    Just think of Tim as being on a temp vacation for now. ;)

7. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    So follow the TOS and always remember that we may have potential members watching us and we wanna fun but not give people the wrong idea about the group.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.