Saga The Way of the Force - (L/M, H/L, Vader, Palpy, Yoda, Rogues) - COMPLETED March 18

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMara77, Dec 18, 2011.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. taramidala Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I never ever doubted you!! [face_dancing]

*sigh* *SWOON*

Though, seriously, how does Mara not going to have a face-off with old Wrinkles tie up her story? I'm really trying hard to figure that out. Because the way you've set it up so far, it seems that events on the Death Star will be more Leia's test than anyone elses. Which is totally cool, but, you know, this is Luke and Mara's story. ;)

But...YAY. x1000.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Force Ghost

star 7
    Yeehaw yeehaw and squee squee squee squee squee!!!!!

As in, can you tell I'm psyched, jazzed and totally vaporized? [face_laugh] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

For the record, JM77, you write some stellar mush! [:D] [:D] !!!!!!!
  3. ginchy Jedi Master

star 4
    squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] x infinity + 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT ENOUGH HEARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

OMG. I can't stop squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeing. I remember when this chapter was just a glimmer in your eye and I needed it NOW and now it's here and I lub it so much. SO much. I LUB IT. LUB LUB LUB.

Happy ginchy is happy. [face_dancing]

SHE KEPT THE X-WING. Yes she did!!!! I love how I made a crude joke and you came up with that beautiful plot point. What a wonderful and poignant move on her behalf to keep the X-Wing that means so much--her freedom, and their love. [face_love]

I love her talk with Leia, and the scene with the Ewoks, but that ending there--nothing can top it. I love, too, that their bond has manifested, as evidenced by:

So beautifully written. And I'm going with that being the Force bond until you tell me otherwise.

I love it. I love it. Have I mentioned I LOVE it????

And she missed him, too. *la sigh*

PERFECT update!!!

ETA:

Okay, I can't stay away. I need more hearts. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I love it. So often Mara is accused of not seeing how special Luke is. But I think she's the only one who really knows just how amazing he is. She's been in his heart, mind and soul, after all. I love this line. <3 <3 <3 <3
  4. Piper057 Jedi Youngling

star 2

I can imagine that! Especially, with the stormtroopers...[face_laugh] [face_laugh][face_laugh]

Now,seriously - thank you. A lot. You've made me feel 10 times better today after reading this, I needed it so much...

I'm wiping tears away...so gentle, powerful and beautiful...

5. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic & Costuming/Props Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Yay! Yay! Yay! [face_love] That was so hot! Yet within the limits, so bravo on that!

I'll admit, I doubted you. But there is still plenty of more time to be evil.
  6. kataja Jedi Master

star 4
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just lost of words here!!! Loved it! But you know I would ;)

I won't quote the best parts, can't pick'em
    but a few notes from where I still thought coherently:

Didn?t you learn your lesson in gambling? Never underestimate an underdog.?

?She?s right,? Lando chimed in. ?Look where that got me. Lost myself a perfectly good ship
    .?
    Ha haa!!

Why they had a dress that would fit a human woman, Han really didn?t want to know.
    I've always settled for the theory that Leia hurried to sew that herself , you know Skywlakers are always so good fixing things... And why she'd do that - why? to look hot to Han of course...:p

Yes, Lieutenant Jade? How can I be of service??

It grew silent as Mara?s old rank settled over the group. Her jaw clenched for a moment and Luke?s eyes flashed in pain. Threepio, oblivious to what he?d done, continued gazing expectantly at Mara
    Trust Threepio to always say the wrong thing. This time it needed saying, though... [face_mischief]

?Does Han have to tease us at every opportunity??

Leia smiled and walked back to the railing. She and Mara stood next to one another, staring out into the forest night. ?You?ve been gone for far too long if you need me to answer that question
    .?
    Spot on, Leia!

I just don?t think I?m as cut out for the Jedi business like Luke is.?

?I don?t think anyone is,? Mara said softly. ?He?s special. Always has been
    .?
    AAhhh... [face_blush]

?It?s fine.?

?Are you sure??

Leia shrugged, then glanced up at the Death Star hanging in the darkened sky. ?It has to be, right??

Mara nodded sadly, looking over at Luke again. ?Right
    .?
    Yeah. Some things can't be sorted out by all the talk in the world...[face_tired]

They separated naturally?the troopers in two, Lando and Chewie in one, and Han and Leia in another. Leaving Luke and Mara to share the last hut.
    Sounds pretty planned to me... :p

?He thought it was because I hated you,? Mara explained. ?That?s what I told myself, too?that I wanted it to spite you. But it wasn?t true.? She took a deep breath. ?I took it because I loved you.? She paused, staring into Luke?s deep blue eyes. ?I still do.?
    Aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!

Mara felt tears sting her eyes and she blinked them away. She was here to forget. The past couldn?t hurt her. Nobody could, not anymore, not when she was with Luke.
    Love love, love this!!!!!!!!
    So beautiful.... [face_blush]
  7. MaraJade4S Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Such a beautiful way to start a Monday :D :p

Another great chapter! Very emotional for Luke and Mara, but I'm happy about the development :D It took them less than I thought it would. Thank you for that [:D]

One of the chapter's highlights is her keeping the x-wing. [face_love]

I believe Mara needs to fight Palpatine to gain closure, but if she won't be on the Death Star, I wonder what you have in store for her. All of them actually [face_worried]
  8. Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master

star 4
    There is no way Palpy didnt sense the passion on Endor.
  9. JediMara77 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Hazel: Thank you! Ah, yes...the storm is coming... [face_skull]

Curtis: Thank you!

taramidala: Thank you! [:D] As for how Mara finds closure, well...I just hope it works for you. I've thought long and hard about it, and I think I made the right choice. We'll see what you think...

Jade_eyes: Thanks! I write mush...sometimes... ;)

ginchy: I think Mara the dog heard you all the way from the Applachians! [face_laugh] I love that you love it so much. It makes it so worthwhile. [face_love]

She DID keep the X-wing, and it's all YOUR fault! For those keeping track, ginchy said something along the lines of "I bet Luke keeps Mara's underwear in his X-wing." And then I realized that his X-wing was left behind on Cloud City. Then I decided Mara was going to take it. :D And yes dear, it is THE Force bond. And I agree - Mara is the one who really sees Luke for who he is, even moreso than Leia. Thanks so much for all your help and inspiration while writing the smutty then non-smutty parts!

Piper: The stormtroopers would tell Luke he's too short to join them. ;) I'm glad I made you feel better! Thank YOU! [:D]

Briannakin: Thank you! Yeah, you know me. There's still a lot more to go in this fic.

kataja: I'm glad you liked it. [:D] I like your explanation about Leia. LOL. Threepio always makes things awkward, but here it was needed. And what, you think I'd put them in the same hut on purpose? [face_batting] I'm glad you liked it - I spent a lot of time on this chapter wanting to make it just perfect. :)

MaraJade4S: Thank YOU! I had to give them a moment of peace, before being mean again... [face_mischief] I love her keeping the X-wing. It means a lot to them. And like I said to taramidala, I thought long and hard about what had to happen to all these characters. I completely rewrote Chapters 18-22, both because they got lost and then I decided I was going to take the opportunity to change it to the way I wanted it originally. Anyway, what I mean to say is that I hope you enjoy. :)

Ocelotl: Heh. Well, perhaps he didn't even need to.

Next chapter tomorrow! Remember - I'm now posting on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. I AM NO LONGER GOING TO SEND OUT PMs. I'm sorry, but I don't have enough time with posting three times a week and still trying to do individual comments to everyone. Sorry. :( I hope you'll keep reading and enjoy what I have in store next!

10. JediMara77 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Just as a reminder - no more PMs! Just tune in Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday for updates until we finish.

CHAPTER 15

In only a few minutes the Rebel fleet would make the jump to hyperspace. Tycho took one last walk around his X-wing in preparation, making sure the ship was prepared and everything was to his liking before Rogue Squadron?what was left of it, anyway?had to launch. All around him, the other pilots did the same thing. Hobbie was quiet but not melancholy. Wedge looked determined. Kasan looked eager to fight the Empire. And Wes and Avy were together, as they had been for the past several weeks, Wes no doubt saying something crazy to make her laugh even in the threat of an assault on another Death Star. He smiled at his friends, glad that if he had to be going into battle, it?d be with them, but still missing their old leader.

Tycho was just about to pull on his helmet when he heard a soft, melodic voice call out his name. He?d know that voice anywhere. He turned and feasted his eyes upon Winter, standing in the entrance to the hangar and staring at him with an odd expression. His smile grew even larger as he jogged over to her, grateful that she had risked punishment to come see him off, even if they both knew nobody would truly reprimand her for such actions. Not when they were about to face Palpatine. ?I?m glad you came,? he said to her, pulling her into a gentle hug.

She squeezed him, pulled away, and gave him a half-hearted smile in return. ?I just wanted to say good-bye.?

Tycho?s throat was suddenly very dry. He nodded. ?Right.? Why was this so damn hard? He?d could count the number of times he?d said good-bye to Winter before going into battle. Why was this different? Was it like Luke?s Force, and he had a premonition of things to come? No, he couldn?t think that way. He could only fly his best.

She tucked a strand of shimmering hair behind her ear. ?Fly safe, okay??

He cupped her face with his hand, still trying to restrain himself around the other pilots and techs. ?You know me, I leave the theatrics for Wes.? Winter smiled again, but there was no mirth in her eyes. Tycho lifted her chin with his finger. ?Hey. You all right?

She nodded, but it was clear to him that she was not fine. Tycho wondered what was happening behind her eyes. One of Winter?s biggest assets as an Intelligence agent?her perfect memory?had also been a cause for much pain. Was every other good-bye running through her memory right now? Was she recalling all the good-byes she?d said before Alderaan, before Yavin? She was a stoic person, too stoic to show that side of her. Tycho was one of the few people she?d let inside.

?Don?t worry,? Tycho said, even though he was not quite convinced himself. ?We?ll blow it up. I?ll make sure of it.?

Winter blew out a breath. ?That?s what I?m afraid of.? And then, in front of a hangar full of techs and pilots, she wrapped her arms around him and squeezed him tight.

Tycho didn?t move for a long moment, unfamiliar with big displays of emotion, especially from Winter. But the feel of her fingers wrapped in his hair drew him out of his fog and he returned her embrace. His eyes closed and he savored the moment, blocking out the rest of the galaxy. Winter would be safer working operations on Home One than he would be in his X-wing, but if the Imperials engaged and something were to happen to the command ship?

So he didn?t care who was watching. He pulled back just enough to lower his lips to hers. Winter did not hesitate to return his kiss.

It was short and chaste, but for them it contained all the meaning in the galaxy. When they pulled apart Winter cleared her throat and ran her hand across Tycho?s flight suit. ?Good luck, captain,? she whispered. Tycho?s voice had failed him completely so he merely nodded, pressed her hand to his lips, and walked back to his X-wing. To his complete surprise, none of the other pilots had any smart-mouth comments to give him al/>
  11. ginchy Jedi Master

star 4
    Come on, Ani... it's time to man up. Your angel would not like you bringing her kids before Palps!!!! You're breaking her heart, Ani!!

I love how the revelation that he has a daughter, too, is so early here. I love that he can begin to realize the scope of just what he lost--what his own pride cost him. I really like how you write Vader. Because he's still Vader, not yet Anakin. And as he said, he's long past regrets. So you only have the calculating thoughts of a Sith--though there is still that spark of Anakin there. You walk a fine and wonderful line there, gal!

And Tycho. [face_love] I love his kiss with Winter, but more than that I love his mindset:

That's the ticket. [face_peace]

I love how all the players are moving into place, girl... I can't wait for the battle to begin... [:D]

ETA: Have I mentioned that I LOVE 3x a week updates?! That's a ton of work on you with replies and all, so thank you for indulging us!! Seriously, the ending is something to read... [face_devil] You know I lub this story. [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]
  12. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic & Costuming/Props Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Aw! Sweet moment between Winter and Tycho! I just love those two!

Come on Aniiii! I know you're in there!
  13. taramidala Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I love how you've written Vader/Anakin. The whole way through. Love love love. Whenever I see him written so well it only makes me more upset that George didn't flesh him out the way he SHOULD have been. Such a disservice to a complex guy.

And, oh Palps. You slimy sonovab.... Grrr!

There's so much that I love about this story. All three of 'em. :)
  14. MaraJade4S Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Very sweet moment between Tycho and Winter [face_love]

And Palps knows about Leia ?!? :eek: [face_worried] :eek:
    This is quite the twist. I did not see this one coming :p

I'm looking forward to Thursday :D
  15. Hazel Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh Anakin/Vader, snap out of it and relinquish the dark side! Padmé would want you to.

I can't wait to see how this unfolds.
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Force Ghost

star 7
    Sweet stuff with T/W. =D= :eek: :eek: So "old wrinkle butt" wasn't caught napping, not even nodding off! :p :p

Yeesh!

Stacks the deck more than it already was [face_worried]

:( though about Vader; all his confident defiance has leaked away like air out of a stuck balloon. [face_thinking]

17. JediMara77 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    ginchy: Come on, Ani... it's time to man up. Your angel would not like you bringing her kids before Palps!!!! You're breaking her heart, Ani!!

Is he going down a path she can't follow? ;)

I love how the revelation that he has a daughter, too, is so early here. I love that he can begin to realize the scope of just what he lost--what his own pride cost him. I really like how you write Vader. Because he's still Vader, not yet Anakin. And as he said, he's long past regrets. So you only have the calculating thoughts of a Sith--though there is still that spark of Anakin there. You walk a fine and wonderful line there, gal!

I wanted it to be early on, so Vader really got an idea of what exactly he's lost. And I'm glad you like how I write Vader. [:D] It's so hard, because I want to show there's some of Anakin left in him, but at the same time he's still Vader.

I love how all the players are moving into place, girl... I can't wait for the battle to begin...

Very soon now...

Thank you for everything, gal! [:D]

Briannakin: Aren't Tycho and Winter great? Are you so sure about Ani still being in there? [face_mischief]

taramidala: Thank you so much! Vader has really grown on me. I love writing him and trying to show how complex he is - Anakin and Vader fighting for dominance. And yes, Palps is awful. But that's why we love them?

There's so much that I love about this story. All three of 'em.

Thank you so much!!! [:D]

MaraJade4S: Indeed...Palpy knows all. :( I'm glad you didn't see it coming. I love when I can do that. ;) Thank you!!

Hazel: Padme would, indeed? He needs help. :(

Jade eyes: Oh no - try to deceive Palpy? You'll get what's coming to you. Poor Vader was so sure he was finally going to get rid of Palpy, and then he gets the rug pulled out from underneath him. I wonder what's going to happen....

Thank you all for reading! I hope you stick around for these next few weeks.

18. JediMara77 Jedi Grand Master

star 4

CHAPTER 16

Luke woke suddenly; brow furrowing as he tried to determine what had torn him from sleep. His hand batted around on the floor and he felt a warm body lying next to his. Memories of the previous night assaulted him and he smiled, rolling over and pulling Mara closer to him. He ran his hand up and down the smooth skin and placed a chaste kiss to the back of her neck. She stirred in his arms but didn?t wake, her body exhausted and still in need of sleep.

It was then, as a feeling of contentment rolled over him, that he realized what had roused him from his slumber.

It was Vader.

Tensing slightly but making sure he didn?t wake Mara, Luke closed his eyes and reached out into the Force. It was obvious then?his father?s presence, bright and shadowed at the same time, and very close. He was on the moon. Looking for him.

He instantly knew that he had no other option. He had to go to Vader. He had to face his father again. This was why the Force had been pulling him toward Endor. To face his father, to distract him while the rest of the Alliance destroyed the Death Star. He nodded in resignation, willing as always to listen to the will of the Force.

His arm subconsciously tightened around Mara?s waist. To be brought back together only to be torn apart so quickly?

Mara?s eyes opened then. She stared at him curiously. "What's wrong?" she asked, voice roughened with sleep.

He bit his lip, not wanting to worry her, but she?d be able to sense it anyway. He sighed. ?Vader?s here, now, on this moon.?

Mara?s mouth dropped open. ?What? You felt him? Are you sure??

He nodded. ?Yes. I?m certain of it.?

?But why? Why would he come for you? We had a plan?? She trailed off, closing her eyes, hands clenching into fists. Luke could feel the anger rolling off her in waves. ?I should never have trusted him.?

He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into a warm hug. ?It?s okay, Mara. It?s not your fault. It?ll be okay.?

?No it won?t!? She slammed her fists against his chest but he didn?t break his hold. ?You have to go. You have to go away from here. Now.?

Luke smiled ruefully. That was, in fact, exactly his plan. ?Okay.?

Mara pulled back from him, shaking her head, throwing her finger in his face. ?No. He'll take you to the Emperor!?

?I have to. If I stay here I?m endangering the group, and our mission. I have to go to him, to make sure our plan works.?

She tilted her head knowingly. ?And that?s the only reason??

Luke sighed into her hair, her beautiful, glorious hair. ?He?s my father, Mara. I have to face him. There?s good in him, I?ve felt it. You told me that he didn?t want to see my X-wing destroyed.? He ran a finger down her cheek and gave a cocky grin. ?Besides, didn?t you always insist that I was the only one who could defeat Palpatine??

She shook her head against his chest. ?Vader?s irredeemable, Luke. He said so himself.?

?I refuse to believe that.?

Mara sighed in frustration. ?You don?t have to do this, Luke. You can run away from here, draw Vader away from us.?

?And then what?? Luke shook his head sadly. ?You of all people should know I couldn?t do that. This is my path as a Jedi. It?s why I?m here.? His finger slid down to her chin, caressing it. ?It?s my turn now, Mara.? Unable to dissuade him, Mara remained quiet and clutched him close to her, their hearts pounding against each other?s chests. ?If I don't come back,? he started to say, but she cut him off.

?Don't,? she whispered.

He ignored her. ?Promise me you'll do everything in your power to take down that shield.?

It was a long time before she responded, her voice muffled into his shoulder. He was asking her to make the same decision he'd made at Bespin, to leave him behind. She nodded slowly. ?I will.? And he knew that she would, that she was strong enough, he could count on her. Because as much as she loved him, as much as he loved her, they had to do this.

After several long moments she
  19. ginchy Jedi Master

star 4
    *snags*

Had to get first! I love this chapter!! [face_love]

I love Luke waking up with Mara. I can only hope that after all this is over they will have many more mornings to do so. But for now he is on the edge of his destiny. I was so struck by this line:

And how. We have seen him listen to the Will of the Force and though it is at times gut-wrenching to do so--he is on the right path. He is fully entrenched in the light. And I love it.

Oh, so powerful and painful and beautiful, girl. And I love that Luke tells her that it's HIS turn now. That she once did what she thought was right and now he must do what he knows is right. But that still doesn't make it easy to part, especially after having just found each other again. I love how you put so much feeling into these few words!!

And I love that Leia is going with him. Jedi Wonder Twins Powers Activate!!! ;) But seriously, it's her destiny too, this time and I love that!! That's what I've been waiting for since you unveiled the awesome book cover.

And the entire scene with Vader is too long to paste, but is so wonderfully written. Poor Ani. Two kids and neither of them will rule the galaxy with him!! But maybe they can help him do something even better...

Seriously, you have set up everything to perfection, gal. Can't wait to see where it all goes from here!!! [:D]
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Force Ghost

star 7
    JM: How perfect the RTJ dialogue is about Luke's choice to face Vader when it's in a convo with Mara...

=D= :D :*

Leia going along that fits very well character-wise.

It is definitely something she would do as a friend and a sib. ;) :)

But oh, :( :( the final bit there! Ouch! Vader's really capitulated. [face_thinking]

21. Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master

star 4
    I bet Palpy will be surprised to see two kids.
  22. FelsGoddess Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    ?So?Emperor?s Hand, huh?? His voice was casual, as if they were talking about the day over a cup of caf. ?How?s that working out for you??
    [face_laugh]

?Get the hell out of here as fast as possible.?
    Sounds like a good plan. :p

Well, at least if things got too weird he could always go bunk with Chewie and Lando. Or the stormtroopers.
    Stormtroopers camping with a Jedi? Sounds awkward.

Aww! [face_love]

That's right, Tycho. Forget about anyone watching!

Palpatine nearly looked gleeful to say his next words.
    Palpatine tells him? Oh wow, wasn't expecting that!

He?d tortured?
    Vader shuddered, unable to finish that thought.

Always wondered if that crossed his mind.

Vader Vader Vader...denial much?

Great updates!
  23. Hazel Jedi Master

star 4
    I wish I could actually see the look on Vader's face when he realized his daughter was Leia. I think that was what made him snap at Palps in the movie.

Great take on that and on the first scene with Luke and Mara.
  24. MaraJade4S Jedi Youngling

star 2
    We are one step closer to the final confrontation.
    Although I'll miss this story, I can't wait to read the end and see what you have in store for them :D
  25. Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh wow. Luke is so... Luke. Leia, calm the kriff down, you're off to face Palps and he'll be more than happy to use your anger against you. And Vader... get your head out of your shiny black metal butt!

I love it Nanci. Still very OT, but the way you've worked in the changes... It's all very in character. Well done.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade