main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Way of the Force - (L/M, H/L, Vader, Palpy, Yoda, Rogues) - COMPLETED March 18

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMara77, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Ooh!!! Go Luke! :D

Can't wait for more.

2. Piper057

Piper057 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2009
    I love Tycho in this battle - and I absolutely love you writing space battles. =D=

Luke is much more mature here, not succumbing to the Dark Side at all. [face_love] He's learned the hard way...:(

Now, interesting what Mara and Han are up to...:D

3. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Oh my. Go Mara. She has a plan. A sneaky planny plan.

Perfect trigger for Leia there, seeing another Death Star fire on her people. And Luke. Luke was PERFECT. Nanci, can you rewrite all the books for us? Please? You'd do Luke justice - and have Luke do justice. Yeah.

VADER YOU ARE STILL A GIANT PANSY!

I loved seeing the battle from Tycho's point of view - and from an X-wing, no less! Yay. Wonderful dogfighting there. My fave bit? Tycho knowing that Wedge is 'silently panicking'. I had this mental image of a comic strip, showing 'Cockpit Wedge' all stoic and calm and in control, and then a little inset panel with 'How Wedge is REALLY reacting' with him flailing his arms around and going :eek: "AHHH AHHHH AHHHHHHHH!"

4. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    I actually had to read that twice to figure out that Luke was fighting Palpatine. That, that's just wow!

5. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    I just realized something and I'm not sure you've explained it (or I missed it, which is entirely possible). Why is Lando on Endor? What prompted that change from the film?

I'm not quite sure I can see Vader actually conversing with Luke like that in front of the Emperor (the "I just saved her life" bit), and I'm not sure I can see Luke yelling at Vader like that in front of the Emperor, but it certainly made for an interesting way to lead to Luke striking out at the Palpatine. I do like that you're having Luke and Palpatine be the ones dueling it out (with lightsabers!), and I'm interested to see how and/or if Leia and Daddy get involved in the fray as well.

6. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRREEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also - go LUKE!!

7. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Just as an author's note - this was where all the rewrites started. You can probably see why I wanted to throw in the towel. Originally Luke was not going to fight Palpatine. But when I lost those chapters I said "screw it, I wanted it that way originally, I'm going to figure out how to do it." So I did.

ginchy: [face_laugh] Your comments always crack me up. [:D] I can't wait to see your reaction to the next chapter, when Luke really shows us what he's made of...

Seriously. Luke v. Palpatine. I've been waiting for this my whole life!!!! Or at least since the end of Night Must Fall!!!!

This is why I think you were involved with sabotaging my flash drive!!!

Jade eyes: Yes, Vader needs to learn from his son - and fast!!! We'll see if he can.

Hazel: Go Luke, indeed!

Piper: I'm glad you like Tycho! He's such a cool character to write. And you make me laugh by saying you love me writing dogfights - those were the parts I REALLY hated rewriting!

Katana: Mara does indeed have a plan, and it's a good one. :) I figured it was only natural that Leia would freak out with seeing the Death Star fire again. And I wish someone would pay me to write Luke. I'm available, Del Rey! [face_laugh] Thank you! Also - I can totally see Wedge doing that as well and it's making me LOL.

Phoenix: Thank you! I was hoping for "wow."

taramidala: The answer to Lando being on Endor is simple: I wanted the Rogues to be the focus of the Death Star battle. They've been main characters since AoH and it naturally evolved that they'd take up more of the spotlight here. You'll see why I wanted to delve into Tycho's head as we get further along into the battle.

As for the other things...I can see your point. But I think, at that point in time, Luke was just done. Seeing his father harm his sister like that, even for "altruistic" reasons, made him snap, just as it did in RotJ. He still has hope for his father but realized that could never happen while Palpatine was alive.

Do Leia and Vader get involved? C'mon, do you really think those two can ever be counted out? ;)

Briannakin: More did you say???

Thanks everyone for reading!!! Chapter 19 coming tomorrow.

8. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Aww, Red.

Great dogfight. :D

Yes! Luke v. Palpatine!

Great updates!

9. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Fels: Thank you! I hope you like the Luke vs. Palpatine! More of that...RIGHT NOW!

10. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004

CHAPTER 19

Luke had not planned on fighting Palpatine. He had gone to his father with the intention of luring out whatever bit remained of Anakin Skywalker?s spirit. He had firmly believed that, upon seeing him again, Vader would not turn him over to the Emperor.

But here Luke was, going blade to blade against one of the most powerful Sith Lords ever in existence. Even now, as he used all his strength and intelligence to keep Palpatine at bay, he remembered a time, as if from another life, when Mara had insisted that Luke would one day be strong enough to defeat Palpatine.

Was today that day?

Palpatine was a ruthless fighter. He held nothing back, not as Vader had done on Bespin. The Dark Side seemed to leech straight from his pores, threatening to overpower Luke at every moment.

Luke had once asked Master Yoda if the Dark Side was stronger. The Jedi Master had said no?it was quicker, easier, more seductive. Anakin Skywalker had succumbed to that power, but Luke would not. He was not alone in this fight. The Force?the Light Side?was with him. And today it would strike back.

Red and green blades sizzled and cracked as the two combatants circled around the dais of the throne room. Leia still lay unconscious off the side of the throne room; Luke pushed Palpatine to the other side of the dais, keeping his sister out of harm?s way. At the same time he shielded his mind as best he could, not wanting to betray any of his emotions to the Emperor. Obi-Wan had warned that Palpatine would use Luke?s feelings against him, that Luke needed to be impassive if he were ever to face the Sith Lord. Luke hadn?t understood at the time; after all, love was the only power Luke had that the Emperor did not.

Luke feinted left, ducked under Palpatine?s blade, then rolled to the right, bringing up his saber with a vicious slash. Palpatine was there, as he always was, parrying with brute strength and pushing Luke back several steps. But Luke maintained his composure and dodged Palpatine?s next attack. The Sith Lord sneered at him. ?You cling to the Light Side like a fool. The Jedi ways could not help Master Yoda defeat me. Surely you know this. Give in to your anger!?

Luke shook his head, still holding his lightsaber in a defensive position. ?If I am so foolish, then stop trying to recruit me.?

?Oh, my young apprentice. You still have so much to learn.?

?Not from you.?

Palpatine hissed in anger and slashed his blade directly at Luke?s head, but Luke was there. Their lightsabers locked and Luke stared directly into the Sith Lord?s yellow eyes. This was the man who had sent the galaxy into chaos, who destroyed everything he touched?the Jedi, Anakin Skywalker?Mara. Luke could not let himself dwell on what Palpatine had done to her, lest his anger take hold of him. Because if he unleashed even a tiny fraction of the fury that simmered underneath the surface when he thought of what Palpatine had done to her?

He would be lost forever.

No, Luke could not fight Palpatine for Anakin, or Mara. Not even for Padme Amidala. Luke would fight Palpatine because the Force directed him to do so. His father had not been able to bring balance to the Force, so Luke would do so instead.

Palpatine pushed forward, forcing Luke toward the stairwell that led to the lower level of the throne room. Luke resisted as best he could, pushing Palpatine back toward the viewports. Palpatine smiled at the effort. ?You truly think you can defeat me, boy??

?No.? Luke shook his head proudly. He spun in a tight turn, bringing up his leg to kick Palpatine back several paces. His lightsaber came down upon Palpatine?s blade, barely missing the edge of the Sith?s robed arm. ?I know that I can.?

Palpatine?s expression erupted in fury. Luke could practically feel the darkness gathering around them and prepared himself for the onslaught, filling himself with light. He thought back to that breakthrough on Dagobah, when he had levitated the X-wing. At that moment, nothing h

11. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    *snatch*

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Luke v. Palpatine!!!!! I am on the edge of my seat. I need popcorn. I need music. I need to see this on the big screen!!

Luke had once asked Master Yoda if the Dark Side was stronger. The Jedi Master had said no?it was quicker, easier, more seductive. Anakin Skywalker had succumbed to that power, but Luke would not. He was not alone in this fight. The Force?the Light Side?was with him. And today it would strike back.

LOVE the phrasing. [face_love] And I love our firmly rooted in the light Luke. As it should be.

No, Luke could not fight Palpatine for Anakin, or Mara. Not even for Padme Amidala. Luke would fight Palpatine because the Force directed him to do so. His father had not been able to bring balance to the Force, so Luke would do so instead.

YES!!!!!! That is it exactly!!! That is our Luke, right there. [face_love] He truly is a Jedi. I think I said that in an earlier post but it rings so true now. He lives up to his name. Light.

?Give up, boy. You are no match for a Sith Lord.?

Luke grinned. ?You?re wrong. I am a Jedi, and Sith Lords are our specialty.?

:D :D :D :D LOVE IT.

I love how you go back and forth between all the fronts of battle. It really ratchets up the tension. And speaking of tension--AVY!!! :_| :_| Oh, her sacrifice was just so beautifully done and I love how Tycho bore witness to it and said that Dack would be proud of her. [face_love] But poor Wes. :(

And, of course, I love Han and Mara on Endor, being saved by furry little Ewoks. LOL But then Mara goes and saves Han's life!! I loved that moment between them. But:

It was not as bad as she had expected. As she had intended.

I hope Mara stops being suicidal because it's pretty easy to get killed in the middle of a warzone if you really want to. Unless, of course, the Force has other plans for her. [face_thinking] But it breaks my heart that she is still so broken. She definitely needs some TLC... but I think seeing Han's care and concern helps some in that area. I think the reestablished bond with Luke will help, too. [face_love]

Han was still staring at her. She shook her head in disgust and gestured toward the door. ?Quit staring at my rear, Solo, and get moving!?

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Oh, Mara.

GREAT update!!!! [:D]

12. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Gripping update! =D=

?If I am so foolish, then stop trying to recruit me.?

?Oh, my young apprentice. You still have so much to learn.?

?Not from you.?

Don't know why but this made me laugh.

It was not as bad as she had expected. As she had intended.

o_O Oh Mara! :(

13. Piper057

Piper057 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2009
    I don't know why but Wes/Avy together touched me most (after L/M, of course). I need a tissue here...:_|

14. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    ch 18
    It was unfinished, but that made it look even more menacing, its jagged superstructure like tentacles of some ocean beast, ready to reach out and grab an unsuspecting passerby.
    So true - and so manacingly described!!!

A similar battle station had destroyed Tycho?s life. A lump formed in his throat and he wondered briefly what Winter was thinking. Was she frozen in fear? Were the memories assaulting her, as well? And what had Leia felt when their shuttle slipped through the deflector shield on its way to the moon? He couldn?t even imagine what she must have felt.
    Love your take on this!!!

?Maybe they?re jamming us,? Hobbie said.

They know we?re coming.?Wedge?s voice still did not falter, but Tycho knew his friend well enough to know when he was silently panicking
    strong, strong writing here!!! =D=

If anyone could do so, it would be Mara and Han.
    So right you are Luke... [face_mischief]

?What a naïve little girl she was. Just like you.?

Leia snapped around. Luke thought she might lunge forward to grab Palpatine?s neck. ?Shut up! Just shut up! You have no right to speak about her!?

Palpatine smiled and ran his hand over their weapons, resting on the arm of his throne, free for the taking. ?Good. The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger! With each passing moment, you make yourself more my servant
    .?
    Oh, Leia.... [face_worried]

?No, wait,? Tycho spoke up. ?Avy?s right. That?s not standard Imperial procedure.?

The silence over the comm spoke volumes
    Your writing in this space battle is fabulous! I can see it all!!!

They clung to the Light Side of the Force, as had the misguided Jedi. But the Light Side had not saved the Jedi from destruction. It had not allowed them to determine the identity of the Sith Lord hiding in plain sight in their midst. It hadn?t stopped an interstellar war from breaking down the foundation of the galaxy. It had not stopped Padme from dying.
    This is amazing!!! I had never really thought about how Vader would view the Light side as a failure. But it makes perfect sense!

Instead he lunged forward, striking at the Emperor in resigned determination. Without any anger. As a Jedi.
    Yessss nessss!!!!!!!! Finally!!! I've always wanted to see this!!!!

Twenty years of long-honed instincts blazed to life and Vader felt the urge to rush to his master?s side. To defend his life, as he'd once pledged to do forever. But he didn?t. Instead he stayed rooted in place, unable to move, watching the duel with passive eyes.
    I don't have a clue what will break this his passivity! Cant' wait to find out [face_batting]

Originally Luke was not going to fight Palpatine. But when I lost those chapters I said "screw it, I wanted it that way originally, I'm going to figure out how to do it." So I did.
    That's the spirit!!! And I'm so happy you did!!! That was what I missed in the movie [face_blush]

Chapter 19

Their lightsabers locked and Luke stared directly into the Sith Lord?s yellow eyes. This was the man who had sent the galaxy into chaos, who destroyed everything he touched?the Jedi, Anakin Skywalker?Mara. Luke could not let himself dwell on what Palpatine had done to her, lest his anger take hold of him. Because if he unleashed even a tiny fraction of the fury that simmered underneath the surface when he thought of what Palpatine had done to her?

He would be lost forever.

No, Luke could not fight Palpatine for Anakin, or Mara. Not even for Padme Amidala. Luke would fight Palpatine because the Force directed him to do so. His father had not been able to bring balance to the Force, so Luke would do so instead
    AMAZING to see Luke so cool!!!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

?You truly think you can defeat me, boy??

?No.? Luke shook his head proudly. He spun in a tight turn, bringing up his leg to kick Palpatine back several paces. His lightsaber came down upon Palpatine?s blade, barely missing

15. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    I missed a post and got a double treat! The combat with Palpy is intense and the SSD Executor was a nice spin... disintigrating ont he shield... classy.

16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Now I really know why you almost threw in the towel after you lost these chapter, I personally hate writing action but YOU write it so well! Thanks for not giving up!

Ohhh! LUKIE! I just want to give him a hug! He is such a Jedi here.

Avy... :_|

17. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    His father had not been able to bring balance to the Force, so Luke would do so instead.

This. Just this. Quintessential Luke Skywalker, right there. I love you so much right now.

Wes, Wedge, Tycho and Hobbie were all wonderfully in character here - even with Wedge ninja-ing Lando's lines. Loved Hobbie's 'Are you crazy? Never mind, stupid question.' But oh Avy. Oh Avy.

Mara! [:D] You wonderful Jedi you. Han and Mara have the most wonderful connection here.

Doing great, Nanci!

18. CurtisZidaneZiraa

CurtisZidaneZiraa Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 18, 2010
    I wanted to cry at Avy's sacrifice. Love this. Palpatine's such a cheater. Boo. Gonna concentrate on the other Skywalker kid? She with the volatile temper? Surely she's gained consciousness now.

19. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    EEK! Gotta get my review in.

It's late and I'm tired so I'll be quick. Poor Avy! :( Poor Mara! :( Sounds like she and Han need to have a little chat about how there's more to life than your past. ;) And...what else...oh! Go Luke!

20. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Thanks everyone for your reviews!

I've been on my phone since Thursday so I'll have to do comments later tonight.

Suffice it to say I'm kind of petrified to post this chapter...so let's just post so I can stop tinkering already.

ginchy: Luke v. Palpatine!!!!! I am on the edge of my seat. I need popcorn. I need music. I need to see this on the big screen!!

Alas, we only have our very imaginative imaginations. :D

He truly is a Jedi. I think I said that in an earlier post but it rings so true now. He lives up to his name. Light.

Yes. It's my favorite kind of Luke. [face_love]

I love how you go back and forth between all the fronts of battle. It really ratchets up the tension.

Thanks! I'm so self-conscious of writing action. I like to change back and forth as a way to make things interesting. Plus it's fitting in with the movies!

I wanted to kill either Wes or Avy and Lane said I couldn't kill Wes. So Avy got it. I thought it made sense, since Dack died in NMF. Full circle, you know.

She definitely needs some TLC... but I think seeing Han's care and concern helps some in that area. I think the reestablished bond with Luke will help, too.

Hmm, you may be right... [face_thinking]

Hazel: You gotta love Luke telling off Palpy!

Piper: I'm sorry to make you sad!

kataja: Your writing in this space battle is fabulous! I can see it all!!!

Aww, thanks! I hate writing them, lol. I've taken lessons from Lane Winree.

This is amazing!!! I had never really thought about how Vader would view the Light side as a failure. But it makes perfect sense!

I'm glad you think so! He'd probably think the Dark Side is a failure, too, but can't admit it yet because he's so entrenched.

Yessss nessss!!!!!!!! Finally!!! I've always wanted to see this!!!!

Me too. Hence this chapter. [face_mischief]

That's the spirit!!! And I'm so happy you did!!! That was what I missed in the movie

In hindsight, I'm glad I lost them. :p

Your use of PT quotes in the Throne room scene is brilliant too!!!

I love doing that stuff. I'm glad you enjoyed!

So... what did she intend?

Well, you know Mara. She's got a few issues right now. But hopefully she'll come to her senses. Maybe with some help from a friend?

Ocelotl: Thank you!

Briannakin: Thank YOU for reading!

Yes, Luke is a Jedi, as he should be. [face_love]

Katana: This. Just this. Quintessential Luke Skywalker, right there. I love you so much right now.

You love Luke or me? [face_laugh]

Thank you!

Curtis: By now you know what happened to Leia....

taramidala: Sounds like she and Han need to have a little chat about how there's more to life than your past.

I think you might be right... [face_thinking]

21. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    CHAPTER 20

Luke dropped into a roll as the catwalk collapsed to the lower level of the throne room. He came up on two feet, lightsaber at the ready. Palpatine was upon him at once. He cackled and hissed, seemingly filled with glee. ?If you will not be turned, young Skywalker, you will be destroyed.?

Luke shook his head defiantly. ?I don?t think so.?

They exchanged more blows and moved underneath the dais, coming out near the stairs to the upper level. Vader was still up there, watching them.

Then Luke stiffened, feeling a tremor in the Force. Various pieces of machinery from around the throne room began flying at him. Pieces of metal torn off the walls, construction equipment littered around the elevator?Luke was reminded of his duel against Vader on Cloud City. And just as he had then, he called on the Force and pushed the objects away. Palpatine snarled and, with a roar, the broken catwalk tore from the ceiling and hurled toward Luke. Lightsaber still in hand, Luke reached out his left arm to stop the catwalk in midair. It floated there for a moment before shifting back the way it came. Palpatine sliced it through with his red blade and the catwalk slammed into the far end of the throne room, the noise echoing over the hum of the lightsabers.

The Sith Lord?s anger was palpable now, creating a veritable storm in the Force. But Luke fought through it, dodging and parrying all that Palpatine had to offer. As their blades locked again, all traces of humor were gone from Palpatine?s face. His lips curled into a taunting sneer. ?You may be a Jedi, young Skywalker?but your sister is not.?

Luke froze.

?Oh, yes. She would be a powerful Sith, full of rage and hatred.?

This would be the perfect time to strike, but Luke couldn?t move. Palpatine was taunting him, trying to throw him off balance. He'd realized that he could never beat Luke on pure strength alone and was tricking him into failure. Luke knew all this, but it didn?t matter. He couldn?t stop listening to Palpatine?s words, his horrible, terrible words.

Palpatine?s smile grew even larger. ?Once Mara Jade is dead, I will be in need of a new Hand. Your sister would do well in that role. Killing your father would be the first step towards her conversion. And then I will have her kill you.?

Luke shook his head. He felt anger growing inside of him, fought hard to suppress it. His lightsaber shook in his hands?

?Yes?you will not turn to the Dark Side, my young Jedi, but perhaps she will!?

Luke didn?t get a chance to move before Leia appeared from nowhere on the dais, jumped over the railing, and landed on steady feet directly behind Palpatine, her blue blade already in hand. She brandished her weapon, all signs of injury gone. Her expression was calm, her demeanor powerful. She shook her head and when she spoke, her voice was clearer than Luke had ever heard. ?Not if I have anything to say about it.? And then she rushed to attack, not giving Palpatine a moment to think before he was forced to react to not one but two opponents.

Two Jedi.

Luke?s instinct immediately kicked in and he came to his sister?s aide. They attacked from opposite sides, Palpatine having to move his blade in a wide arc to block their blows. He caught both their blades on his, but Luke reached into the Force to push Palpatine back. Leia caught on to Luke?s intentions and they again struck with all their might, forcing Palpatine back toward the elevator. Their lightsabers crackled and hissed as they moved across the throne room?s lower level.

Luke could barely think. The Force glowed around them, offering strength and power. Offering guidance. Listening to Luke?s and Leia?s commands. Just as it was meant to be. We can do this, he thought. He knew that they could. Palpatine was no match for the power that Luke and Leia wielded?the power of love, the power of friendship. The Light Side of the Force would always triumph over darkness. That fact had been drummed into Luke?s head at every moment of h

22. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    WOOHOO!!!!

Palpatine did not see that one coming. :D

23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Yay!:D

I love the last scene. Now, let's hope they can get out of there before it goes boom.

24. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Palpatine?s smile grew even larger. ?Once Mara Jade is dead, I will be in need of a new Hand. Your sister would do well in that role. Killing your father would be the first step towards her conversion. And then I will have her kill you.?

Luke shook his head. He felt anger growing inside of him, fought hard to suppress it. His lightsaber shook in his hands?

?Yes?you will not turn to the Dark Side, my young Jedi, but perhaps she will!?

Luke didn?t get a chance to move before Leia appeared from nowhere on the dais, jumped over the railing, and landed on steady feet directly behind Palpatine, her blue blade already in hand. She brandished her weapon, all signs of injury gone. Her expression was calm, her demeanor powerful. She shook her head and when she spoke, her voice was clearer than Luke had ever heard. ?Not if I have anything to say about it.? And then she rushed to attack, not giving Palpatine a moment to think before he was forced to react to not one but two opponents
    Yayyy!!!!!

The Force glowed around them, offering strength and power. Offering guidance. Listening to Luke?s and Leia?s commands. Just as it was meant to be. We can do this, he thought. He knew that they could. Palpatine was no match for the power that Luke and Leia wielded?the power of love, the power of friendship. The Light Side of the Force would always triumph over darkness. That fact had been drummed into Luke?s head at every moment of his training, and now it would be proven. Anakin Skywalker had not believed this, but Luke would never forget. Neither would Leia.
    I just love how Yoda has taught them this! Hope - instead of resignation!

But she was perfectly fine. It was Luke and Leia who were not.

She didn?t realize she?d cried out, but she must have, because Han was standing over her, a concerned look on his face. ?Mara? Mara!? He shook her shoulders, pulling her back to reality.

?Promise me you'll do everything in your power to take down that shield.?

Mara blinked her eyes and dove deep into the Force, pushing aside her anguish. There would be time for mourning later?time for many things later?but now she had to finish the job, no matter what the costs.

She gritted her teeth and pushed Han away, attaching the final charge to the ceiling. ?We gotta blow this thing, now!?

Han stared at her in shock. ?Are they off??

Mara shook her head, blinking away tears. ?Something is wrong.? She could say no more without breaking down and pulled Han out of the control room, grabbing the detonator from his hand.

She tried to drag him toward the bunker entrance, but he resisted. ?What the hell is going on, Mara?? he yelled.

She shook her head again. ?We gotta destroy the generator as soon as possible.?

?But Luke and Leia??

?I know, Han!? She immediately regretted snapping at him and softened her voice. ?I know. I just?they?re dying, Han.? She finally looked him in the eye and his face fell. ?We gotta do this. Luke made me promise. I don?t want him to die in vain?? She trailed off, her voice choking, unable to continue with her words.

Han flinched, close to breaking down, but he nodded and let Mara pull him away. They ran as fast as they could out of the bunker, and pressed the button to activate the charges
    Terrible choise - but oh so beautiful writing!!!

Even at her end, his mother had believed there was good in him. Luke would do the same. Everyone else in the galaxy had told him it was hopeless, that Anakin was gone forever.

But now, at the end, that hope was all Luke had

This is so LUKE!!!! I love it!!!

Sensing all of this, realizing that her brother had been right all along, something deep inside Leia shattered to pieces. All the hatred she?d been holding inside her heart, all her defiance, her bold statements that she would never, ever forgive Vader?none of that mattered any longer. Now, at the end, it wasn't Palpatine's power that Leia understood?it was Yoda's question from seemingly so long ago on Dagobah. She knew the answer now. She hadn?t proven that she was nothing like Vader. Her

25. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    :eek: ... :eek: Wow... Very, very awesomely done. Wow...

(If you want coherent, it's just not happening right now. Wow...)