main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Way of the Force - (L/M, H/L, Vader, Palpy, Yoda, Rogues) - COMPLETED March 18

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMara77, Dec 18, 2011.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Chapter #19 - :( :eek: about Avy. Her sacrifice is not a meaningless or frivolous one but still a hard! loss!

Han/Mara - so great working together. :cool:

Luke in this chapter and in #20 =D= =D= He is amazing!!!!!

But your Vader in #20 - is the best lightbulb going off moment for Vader I've ever read!

@};-

[:D]

2. darth_treyvah

darth_treyvah Jedi Master star 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Wow. See, what I really like here is how you managed to create all those flashbacks in Vader's life with just words: with quotes from all the various films. It was simple, minimalist but incredibly invoking and effective.

Also, the duel did not turn out like I thought it would. Especially not with Leia. I was so sure that Leia would start fighting Vader, but she ... she really maintained her priorities and her own personal integrity here. This was well done, JediMara77. I can't wait to see the next part where the children interact with Anakin Skywalker, instead of Darth Vader.

3. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Oh. Oh oh oh.

[:D] *hugs Vader* ARE YOU HAPPY NOW NANCI?! [:D]*hugs Luke and Leia as well* Perfect moment for Leia.

Oh Mara. [:D]*hugs Mara* [:D]*hugs Han* You guys...

iasdfaeowiowlsklj .... [:D]*hugs Nanci*[:D]

That was so very epic, and poignant, and... just wow.

[:D]=D=

4. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

*flail**flail**flail**flail**flail**flail**flail*

DING DONG THE EMPEROR?S GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And he got what he deserved. YEAH BABY YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been waiting for this FOREVER. (Or since that which shall not be named happened to Mara). Thank you, Ani, thank you!!! All is forgiven!!!!! Well, maybe not forgiven, but I can sweep it under the rug for now. You did goooooood. And he chopped off Palp?s head with LUKE?S lightsaber. YEAH HE DID!!!!!! Also, I know where Vader?s lightsaber ran Palpy through. And it?s just where it needed to run him through. He deserved that and a lot worse!!!! [face_devil]

squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Seriously, only Mara and Rex the dogs can hear me now.

Once Luke gets back to Mara (cause he will, right??????) she?s going to replay this moment in his mind over and over. Palpy?s Death: The Greatest Hits. And you KNOW she?ll create a ?Pin the Head on Palpy? game for them to play at New Republic social gatherings and mixers. [face_devil]

In other news, I LOVED the duel. And that Luke held on to his saber this time. ;) Luke was so strong and sure?and he won the battle, just like Mace Windu. Only Palpy keeps cheating with this Sith Lightning!! Too bad Luke doesn?t know Electric Judgment yet because that would have been EPIC. I love how Leia joined the fray! And I love how her words called out to Vader and helped to bring back Ani. As for those quotes?oh, wow. Such wonderful choices and to end with his mother?s words?I admit, I teared up. Dang you, girl. I don?t like to shed tears for Ani!!! ;) But at any rate, if he does die like in canon, I hope that when he gets to the Force that Padme and Shmi meet him and each hug him?and then both smack him upside the head.

I loved how Mara was determined to finish the job, even as her heart is breaking (and Han?s too). I can?t wait to see their relief. But Mara?s still being suicidal there so I hope she doesn?t do something rash? [face_worried] Course, since it's Star Wars, if her heart is breaking maybe she'll just die anyway!

But, seriously: I love Luke going to join his family. [face_love]

Now they need to blow that taco stand and go find their honeys!!!

EXCELLENT UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [:D]

5. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Oh hai there, Ani. Nice of you to stop by. [face_mischief]

Exceptionally done, Nanci. Really.

Now let's get them off that Death Star and back to their loves, and maybe Mara can stop hating herself now, mmkay? ;)

6. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Okay, so if you haven't guessed, that was one of the chapters that made me cry. And when I saw TPM3D I almost burst into tears when Shmi said "Now, be brave, and don't look back. Don't look back..." I'd just written that part and it was still so fresh in my mind. I don't know if I can ever watch that scene the same way ever again. Grrrr, Anakin! Anyway.

Hazel:
    No, he didn't! But he deserved it!

Briannakin: Hmm, I think maybe they'll make it. Or at least some of them will.

kataja: I just love how Yoda has taught them this! Hope - instead of resignation!

It's the way of the light side!

Terrible choise - but oh so beautiful writing!!!

Thank you! Mara is the type of person who would never put want before duty - but oh how much it kills her to do that.

It makes so much sense - yet I had never thought ot it that way...

I put a lot of thought into Vader/Anakin while writing this fic. I've always been an Anakin fan - it comes from having a huge crush on Hayden Christensen - and wanted to bop him in the head so many times. I think I cried from the beginning of Order 66 through the entire end credits the first time I saw RotS. Couple that in with my love of Luke and admiration for Leia, and I really had my work cut out for me here. Anyway, I wanted to show WHY Anakin did what he did, what his thought processes were, that he wasn't just a big jerk. I would think that, even if he wanted to turn back to the light side, he'd think it impossible. Not only did the Jedi teach him that, but Palpatine, too. He truly thought he was past regrets - he just needed a wake-up call.

daena: Thanks so much!

Jade eyes: Thanks! I love Han and Mara working together. As for Vader, like I said before, I had my work cut out for me. But I liked getting into his head and showing that transition. Definitely one of the most difficult things I've ever written.

darth treyvah: I'm glad you liked the quotes! It was really hard narrowing them down to just those that I picked. I wanted things that would be easily recognizable for the reader, so you could put yourself in the moment and hear the words from the films. And I wanted them to mark important moments in Anakin's life and transition to Vader. I'm glad it worked.

I wanted to scare people with Leia. But I always knew that, in the end, she wouldn't give in like Vader had.

You'll get your wish next chapter. :)

Katana: Yes, I am happy. [:D] Thank you!! :)

ginchy: Owwwwww. *rubs ears* [face_laugh]

Yes, the Emperor deserved his fate - and worse! I've wanted him dead for a long time, too. I got the lucky job of deciding how he would go. I could've had Anakin draw it out, but I thought it was more triumphant for him to just slice off Palpy's head. [face_mischief]

Will Mara get back to Luke? And will she stop being suicidal/depressed/broken? C'mon. It's me! Wait, that's not reassuring...

I MADE YOU CRY FOR ANI. SUCCESS!!!!!! [face_laugh]

You know I appreciate all your support, especially when I lost those chapters. But I'm still convinced you broke my flash drive so I'd have to rewrite the fight. :p

taramidala: It took him quite a while, didn't it? Silly guy! But I'm glad you enjoyed. :) Mara does need to stop hating herself. She might need some sense knocked into her. We'll have to see.....

HOORAY! The boards are moving next Wednesday, so my timing was perfect as the last post, Chapter 23, will go up on Sunday. Thanks again for reading and sticking with me for this past year.

7. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002

That was my favorite part. Very well-written and thought out story. I'm enjoying it very much. :)

8. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Thanks so much, Jedi Master Jen!

9. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    A/N: Anakin fans - get out the tissues. I may have cried while writing this one, too. And the next. And the next. :p

CHAPTER 21

Mara ran out of the bunker as fast as her legs would take her, her shoulder still throbbing from the blaster wound. She cradled her arm as she ran and gritted her teeth through the pain, both physical and mental. Crossing the now-empty clearing, she leapt behind a huge fallen tree and crouched behind it to defend herself from the upcoming explosion. Han was right next to her, his sense in the Force blazing with repressed anguish. She reached out to take his hand, and he squeezed it. But nothing could console them at that moment, for they had just set off a reaction which would lead to the death of the ones they loved.

She knew that it was necessary, that the bunker had to be destroyed. Luke had made her promise and she would never deny his request. She would not let him die in vain. And she had vowed that Palpatine had to be destroyed, no matter what the cost.

It had been so easy to make that vow, when her plan first came into fruition. Kill Palpatine, no matter what the cost. But then Luke Skywalker had shown up on the moon and all her plans were turned upside down. Just like the first time she?d met him.

She could barely watch as the shield generator exploded in violent flames. The rest of the strike team, standing guard over Imperial captives, cheered with absolute jubilation. Part of Mara, the part that had been trained as a soldier and would always do her duty, was also jubilant at another mission accomplished. But the other half was not.

She remained completely still, staring at the remains of the bunker. Now her old friends could blow up the Death Star, and Luke and Leia along with it. Han was hunched over, looking as if he was about to be sick. Mara instinctively reached over to comfort him?

It hit her like a slab of duracrete. The oppressive darkness that held sway over her soul for so long was suddenly gone. Eradicated, swept away from the galaxy. Her heart pounded in her chest and she grabbed onto the tree to keep from collapsing.

Palpatine was dead.

When she could breathe again, tears started streaming down her cheeks. Her mind was a flood of emotions that she couldn?t even comprehend. Palpatine had been a presence in her life for as long as she could remember, a shadow always hovering in the background. In her early life she did everything to make him proud. Later, she did everything to bring about his demise, hating him with all her strength. And now, he was gone.

She should have felt nothing but joy, but instead she felt empty. She no longer knew how to feel. To live a life without Palpatine?was that even possible? Or would he always be there, at the back of her mind, haunting her?

She felt something else then?a caress in the Force she would have recognized anywhere. It was full of reassurance, letting her know that everything would be okay. ?Han,? she whispered.

The other man glanced up, bitter tears sparkling in the corners of his eyes. ?What??

She glanced into the sky and smiled. ?They did it.?

?What??

She squeezed his arm. ?They?re safe, Han. They?re leaving the Death Star.?

Han?s eyes widened in restrained elation. ?Are you sure?? he choked out.

She nodded. ?I can feel him. He says they?re gonna be okay.?

?Yes!? Han threw his arms around her then and they collapsed to the ground. He was laughing, happier than Mara had ever seen him. His happiness was infectious and she smiled, laughing along with him. Her heart soared, knowing Luke and Leia would be fine. But at the back of the mind, she wondered...could the same be said for her?

Tycho flew on instinct, without thinking, the sound of Wes?s hoarse cry still replaying in his mind. He pushed that out of his mind, focused only on the task at hand. This was the moment they?d longed for. ?The shield is down!? Admiral Ackbar shouted over the comm. Tycho glance

10. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    *snatch*

Anakin nodded back. The last thing he saw before falling into the Force were Luke?s blue eyes, shining brightly with tears.

If he could have seen his own eyes, they would have looked exactly the same.

DAMN IT. You KNOW I don?t like welling up for Anakin. No. I won?t cry. I won?t cry. Especially not into my cereal. ?. :_| :_| :_|

But that was so beautifully done. I love that he had his last minutes with both his son AND daughter, as it should be. I love this thoughts on them, especially regarding the brightness of Luke?s place in the Force and just how much Leia looks like Padme. Seems to me that he blocked that out and could only finally realize it there at the end. And when he thought about how he wished he had done things differently, could have seen Luke fly for the first time or taken Leia to Coruscant? oh man. I was welling up again. But I love that he took the blame on himself, where it belonged. It might be only at the end, but he?s learning!! It is a lifelong process.

OH! And maybe I?ve finally forgiven him for being complicit in rape. The way he thought about what he had done to Mara really touched me. I don?t think he realized just what Palpatine would do to her, though I don?t know how he could have underestimated Palpatine. But still, I can forgive him now (but never forget).

Excellent work with Anakin. You know my crazy relationship with him, and to make me feel so much compassion or him is no mean feat!!! [:D]

LOVING that Tycho has a shot at the Death Star?. Very fitting. =D=

And Mara?poor Mara. Palps really is like the psycho ex that will always haunt her dreams. [face_sick] It must be hard for her to realize that he is actually gone. Out of her life since he?s been such an overwhelming presence. I only hope that she can begin to realize that she deserves a life after him. A good life. And I love her and Han?s joy at realizing that Luke and Leia are all right. Now if only she could find some joy in living the life that she?ll now be granted. That remains to be seen?

Excellent update, as always, lady!!

11. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Anakin's dead :_|

I'm glad Leia was able to get over her hatred and I loved that Mara got to tell Han that Luke and Leia had escaped.

And... GO TYCHO!!! =D=

12. Piper057

Piper057 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2009

Wonderful description of her state. =D=Even if in this story she hates him Palpatine was still a huge part of her life.
    And Farmboy to the rescue, as always. :D

I love that you gave Anakin Leia's forgiveness. In films nothing was said about it, only "He is my father, you're my sister". Kathy Tyers tried later but so many things remained unsaid...

Reminded me of your another story! :_|

13. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Can I just copy ginchy's review word for word?

You've taken the familiar and turned it on its side SO WELL.

Really looking forward to how this all wraps up. I'm both excited for Sunday and saddened as well, even though I know there's more great fic to come. :)

14. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    I put a lot of thought into Vader/Anakin while writing this fic.
    I can tell!!! =D= [:D]

I've always been an Anakin fan - it comes from having a huge crush on Hayden Christensen - and wanted to bop him in the head so many times. I think I cried from the beginning of Order 66 through the entire end credits the first time I saw RotS. Couple that in with my love of Luke and admiration for Leia, and I really had my work cut out for me here. Anyway, I wanted to show WHY Anakin did what he did, what his thought processes were, that he wasn't just a big jerk. I would think that, even if he wanted to turn back to the light side, he'd think it impossible. Not only did the Jedi teach him that, but Palpatine, too. He truly thought he was past regrets - he just needed a wake-up call.
    It really makes sense. I've never quite taken interest in Anakin - Vader has always interested me more - but the cleft between those two has seemed to great for me to breach. But you've offered a great stone to start!

But then Luke Skywalker had shown up on the moon and all her plans were turned upside down. Just like the first time she?d met him.

Just like it's his trademark...

She should have felt nothing but joy, but instead she felt empty. She no longer knew how to feel. To live a life without Palpatine?was that even possible? Or would he always be there, at the back of her mind, haunting her?

She felt something else then?a caress in the Force she would have recognized anywhere. It was full of reassurance, letting her know that everything would be okay
    Love, love LOVE this!!!

But then he was off along with the rest of the Rogues, leaving Wedge and Tycho to take down the Death Star alone.
    Wooot!!! I just love how you follow Tycho in this one. He's far too forgotten mosttimes!

He wanted to die as a man, not a machine.

Beautiful extension to "wiht my own eyes"! And again, you somehow manage to graps the epic of six films in your version of the story!!! =D= =D= =D=

Leia reached out and took Anakin?s other hand in hers. He now understood what his mother had felt during her final moments. He felt complete.
    Awww, awwww, awwww... *wipes tears*

The last thing he saw before falling into the Force were Luke?s blue eyes, shining brightly with tears.

If he could have seen his own eyes, they would have looked exactly the same
    *howling*
    Dammit, you.... :_| [face_mischief]

You always manage... [:D] [:D] [:D]

15. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    So beutiful [face_Rose] - both Mara's reaction to Papatine's death and Luke and Leia's to Anakin's

16. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    Great ending to Vader and the Anakin rebirth! I liked the way you killed the evil wrinkled one.

17. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    I am a Jedi, and Sith Lords are our specialty.?
    [face_laugh] Yes!

Aww, Avy. :(

Wow, Nanci. The end of the fight...=D= Love it.

Han was hunched over, looking as if he was about to be sick.
    Oh Han...

Anakin nodded back. The last thing he saw before falling into the Force were Luke?s blue eyes, shining brightly with tears.

If he could have seen his own eyes, they would have looked exactly the same.

That was beautiful.

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Stunning rotj feel, except it's deeper and richer with leia there sharing the experience [face_thinking]

Thanks also for the greater introspectiveness/detail on anakin's/vader's pov. =D=

19. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004

ginchy: [face_love]

DAMN IT. You KNOW I don?t like welling up for Anakin. No. I won?t cry. I won?t cry. Especially not into my cereal.

[face_mischief] Come on. He did good! You said so last chapter! :)

OH! And maybe I?ve finally forgiven him for being complicit in rape. The way he thought about what he had done to Mara really touched me. I don?t think he realized just what Palpatine would do to her, though I don?t know how he could have underestimated Palpatine. But still, I can forgive him now (but never forget).

I know it doesn't make anything better, but I don't think Vader ever knew exactly what happened to Mara. I think the only people who really know what happened in that room are Mara and Palpatine - and later on Luke, of course. (Which, thank the maker for a Force bond, because that would be a REALLY awkward conversation to have. And I doubt Mara would ever want to talk about that, anyway.)

Mara is definitely feeling broken right now. But I think she might start feeling a little bit better once she reunites with a certain Farmboy. He always brings out the best in her...

Hazel: Alas, poor Anakin, we knew you well. :( Thank you!

Piper: Even if in this story she hates him Palpatine was still a huge part of her life.

I think it's just so hard for her to imagine a life on her own. She doesn't know what to do anymore. But I think she'll figure it out. And yeah, I always wanted there to be more with Anakin and Leia in profic.

Reminded me of your another story!

Okay, I've been wracking my brain. What does this remind you of??

taramidala: I hope you are satisfied by the ending! [:D] And there's some fic ahead, but to be honest I've been working on an original work of fiction, so the fanfic will probably die down. :(

kataja: It really makes sense. I've never quite taken interest in Anakin - Vader has always interested me more - but the cleft between those two has seemed to great for me to breach. But you've offered a great stone to start!

Glad to hear! :)

Wooot!!! I just love how you follow Tycho in this one. He's far too forgotten mosttimes!

Isn't he? And he's so great!!! He's very noble - a lot like Luke. [face_batting]

And again, you somehow manage to graps the epic of six films in your version of the story!!!

Awww... [face_blush]

*howling*
    Dammit, you....

You always manage...

[face_mischief] Glad to hear it... hope you enjoy the rest. :D

Briannakin: Thank you! Beautiful is what I was going for!

Ocelotl: Thanks! I liked the way I killed him, too. He deserved it. [face_skull]

Fels: Thank you! I worked on that fight for so long. I kept changing things every time I read it.

That last line with Anakin was my favorite. [:D]

Jade eyes: Thank you! Writing Leia and Vader has been a new experience, but I've really enjoyed it.

Thanks everyone for reading. Two chapters left. :_|

20. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Whoever said anything about fanfic? I just said "fic." :)

21. Piper057

Piper057 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2009
    What does this remind you of??

You killed Luke...and Ben got blue eyes after that...:_|

22. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    taramidala: True! :) And ginchy and I will be teaming up to write a silly fanfic this summer. :)

Piper: OH!!! I had totally forgotten about that. LOL.

Second to last post coming up...sniffle...

23. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004

CHAPTER 22

After what seemed like an eternity, the flight through the Death Star?s superstructure came to an end. Wedge and Tycho were now completely alone, with the exception of a few TIE fighters still in pursuit. Tycho could see the opening to the main reactor ahead of them, even as the sensors on his instrument panel remained completely blank. ?All right Two, we?re almost there. Arm proton torpedoes,? Wedge said.

Tycho was ahead of him. ?Copy, Leader. Ready to fire on your mark.? Throughout the battle his mind had been racing a mile a minute as he dodged enemy ships and laserfire. But now, with his goal directly in front of him, an odd sense of peace washed over him. One way or another, the tyranny of the Empire was about to come to an end.

?There it is,? Wedge called out. Tycho could see it, too?the Death Star?s main reactor, an immense structure that filled a large, cavernous expanse in the center of the battle station. They flew toward the reactor, continuously dodging enemy fire. Tycho set his aim for the power regulator on the north tower of the main reactor, as his mission parameters dictated. Wedge, as the senior pilot in the fleet, would destroy the reactor proper.

But then Wedge surprised him by pulling farther in front of him and heading directly for the power regulator. Tycho didn?t have the chance to ask what was going on before Wedge?s voice spoke in his ear. ?All right, Two, I?ve got the power regulator. You go for the reactor.?

Tycho stared at the scene in front of him in confusion, even as he followed orders and shifted his target. ?But I thought??

?Don?t ask any questions, Two,? Wedge said sternly. Then, softer, ?You deserve it. Hurry, I?m already on my way out.? Two proton torpedoes burst out of his fighter and arced gracefully toward the north tower. As soon as they hit, flames began to dance around the main reactor. As promised, Wedge?s X-wing had already flown in a circle around the reactor and was on its way out of the superstructure.

A lump formed in Tycho?s throat. Either way they?d both get credit for destroying the Death Star, so this wasn?t about glory or honor. No, this was about justice. An eye for an eye?the old phrase popped into Tycho?s mind and he had to blink away tears. ?Copy, Leader,? he said, composing himself. The time for gratitude and remembrance would come later.

Following Wedge, he flew toward the main reactor and launched his proton torpedoes. They were a perfect lock, smashing into the reactor. It exploded violently and the reactor began to collapse upon itself, Tycho?s indication to get the hell out of there. He?d already pulled his fighter to head back to the surface. Wedge was way ahead of him, pushing his throttle for all its worth. Even now the TIEs continued their pursuit, although there was nothing that could be done to stop the chain reaction that would destroy the battle station.

?Push it, Tycho! Move, move!?

Tycho didn?t need to look to know that the entire reactor had collapsed. He could almost feel the flames as they spread throughout the superstructure, chasing him and Wedge as they flew. And Tycho had never flown harder or faster. He bypassed all his shields and weapons, pushing everything toward the throttle. Nothing else mattered but getting out of there before the flames overtook his X-wing. Hopefully by now, the fleet had moved far away from the Death Star. He felt a momentary twinge of worry, thinking of all the men and women still onboard the battle station. Had he known any of them when he was still an Imperial?

?Come on, Tycho! Push it!? Suddenly the comm hissed and broke. Tycho could see Wedge fly out of the superstructure and sighed with relief. Now, it was his turn.

He gritted his teeth as he pushed the throttle as hard as it could go. Sweat dripped down his forehead but he paid it no mind. Green laserfire stopped chasing him, indicating that the fire had swallowed the remaining TIEs. The superstructure?s exit was o

24. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    *grabby hands*

Only one more chapter???

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

/Vader

But in the midst of all the revelry, he could only concentrate on one soft voice. ?Nice shot, Captain Celchu,? she whispered. Those four words sent on a private frequency went against every regulation in the book, but he didn?t care. He merely leaned back in his seat, grinned, and told Winter he loved her in front of the entire fleet.

Okay, I unexpectedly got teary here BOTH times I?ve read this chapter. So, I love it. I love that Tycho got that shot and Winter?s words to him. [face_love]

?Only you didn?t plan on seeing Luke again?? Han finished for her.

She closed her eyes, remembering the previous night.

Han chuckled lightly. ?I know what you mean. I think it?s a Skywalker thing.?

Mara nodded somberly, thinking of the other Skywalker?the man who?d become an unexpected ally in her fight for freedom. ?I think you?re right.?

Yes, those sneaky Skywalkers. They have an amazing ability to catch the eye of the most perfect yet least suitable person and then make them beg for more. [face_devil] I love it. And I love Han and Mara?s entire conversation. He really can give her some prospective.

Speaking of?

She sighed. ?It?s not that easy, Han.?

?See, that?s your problem, Jade. It really is just that easy.?

LISTEN TO HAN. He knows of which he speaks.

Artoo let out another trill of laughter. DO NOT WORRY, THREEPIO. HE CREATED MASTER LUKE AND MISTRESS LEIA AS WELL. SO YOU ARE NOT IN BAD COMPANY.

This did not make Threepio feel any better. There was only one thing he could think of to say. ?Oh dear!?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] [face_laugh]

OMG, TOO funny. I love it!!!

I love that Luke and Leia were both at the funeral pyre. What a beautiful scene.

She shook her head, her lips held thin. Her voice trembled as she answered. ?You do it. You?re the one who believed in him.?

:_| [face_love]

?Oh, Leia.? He pulled her into a warm hug, allowing his strength in the Force to flow to her. ?We?re not alone. We have each other.?

They held each other until the fire burned out. And Luke heart's warmed knowing that, somehow and somewhere, their mother and father were watching. And they were smiling.

Oh, that was beautiful. [face_love] GL always talks about how he had this idea for a story about twins, but I think you?ve taken that here and made it true. I think Leia should have been with Luke in that confrontation and I love this ending/new beginning for them.

Meesa sad WotF is almost over!!!!!!!!!!!!! :_| I?ll have to comfort myself with WtS. [face_batting] [face_batting]

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

Han's upfront and candid but warm approach - fits Mara and gives her just what she needs to mull over. [face_thinking]

Winter's words to Tycho -- awwwww! Sweet detail there for a fan of mush! ;)

Stunningly touching last scene! Leia's growth and empathy have been a joy to read as much as Luke's. Her strength and courage deserve a telling as much as his, and thank-you for doing it justice. @};-

As for the silly collab you have planned [face_dancing] squeelicious more like LOL

Woohoo!

:) :)