main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Way of the Force - (L/M, H/L, Vader, Palpy, Yoda, Rogues) - COMPLETED March 18

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMara77, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    :_| Mara hates Luke? NOOOO! If you don't post something happy here soon, I am going to hide under Ginchy's brave hat and not come out until this is finished.

2. YmaSolo

YmaSolo Jedi Master star 1

May 10, 2008
    hmmm nice New Years present for me...
    [face_laugh]

Mara is sure being whip sawed around... first fighting against being against the Empire...now fighting against being wth the Empire...

I see table tennis happening with her emotions here. Hopefully Luke will come stop the madness, eventually after much torturing of your readers, right?

3. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Whow, whow, whow! I was wondering all along where you were going with this, and I must say - exactly the rigth way! Impressive! Most impressive! And you kept me delisciously waiting and worrying! [face_devil] Heh, I'm almost tempted to say, poor Darillian. But he deserved it. Mara on the other hand... where will this route take her? Luke - hurry!!!

4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I'm going to go join Briann. :(

5. CurtisZidaneZiraa

CurtisZidaneZiraa Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 18, 2010

I believe I must agree. So SAD! Disgusting what brainwashing and torture can do.

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I agree with all that. First, Lady Jade is scary!!!!! :eek: [face_worried]

I also agree with Taramidala - I have a hard time believing Mara really hates Luke and believes he abandoned her; I also think-hope-pray it's a coping mechanism.

If it's not, Luke's going to have a harder time trusting her trust and affection than he wound up having in Insatiable [face_thinking]

7. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    I think that she has too, in all honestly. Palpatine either manipulated her that way to ensure her loyalty, or she has to be loyal. But then again, she did kill that guy.

Other than that, you kinda had me going there for a minute, that Mara would, or was going to sleep with this guy, and betray her feelings for Luke, and then suddenly, *bang* she's been having us on, and she kills someone.

8. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    That was really dark!

It explains a bit more of the back story on how she became lady jade

9. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Lady Jane is one scary, scary lady... and much as I don't approve of her seducing or murdering anyone, it is *kind* of good to see her still doing it because she pines for the Rebellion. She's really been messed with... I hope we see some positive stuff happening soon to get her out of this! Exciting update.

10. darth_treyvah

darth_treyvah Jedi Master star 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Emperor's Hand or Sith Adept in the making?

Isard and Palpatine really did a number on Mara to warp her memories so badly. I suspect that when Palpatine reached into her Bond with Luke, he really did most of the damage and the rest of it was just a formality with Isard after that. At least Vader would have merely killed her: this in a lot of ways is worse.

And Luke thinks she has betrayed them too and that anger he has been training to resolve might not be as far away from him as he would like. Palpatine is playing his usual Sithly games. I look forward to seeing what happens next.

11. Jedi_QueenBee

Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2008
    i don't think it was right to have palpy warp Mara's memories of her time with Luke. She told him to go and he obeyed- unwillingly i might add. Plus, she knows that she shouldn't have killed Zurel because she felt kinda crappy afterwards.... Other than my ranting- please forgive that- I was hooked from the start of chapter 1. Keep up the work!!!!:D

12. jaded_jewel

jaded_jewel Guest

Mara is just surrounded by creeps and evil isn?t she? *shivers*

Zurel?took me a moment to remember him?grrr!

Please tell me you are not?repeat NOT?going to do what I think you are going to do with Zurel?I?m cringing and curling up as much as I can and yet I can?t stop reading?wait wait wait?okay ?He believed he was about to live out every man?s dream.? Alright I?m feeling a bit better. Continue?

Jaw Dropping!!!!

I?m speechless from this chapter. It was intense but so amazingly wonderful. Very believable situations and problems. Great work from a great author!!

13. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    her attention usually drifted off to Skywalker.
    I like how you have her think of him as "Skywalker" rather than Luke. It makes the distance seem more definite.

Ooo, great chapter. Looking forward to seeing how this all unfolds.

14. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    ginchy: I never can remember his darn name. Oh well. Don't need to now.

[face_laugh] I'm gonna tattoo that poor man's name on your forehead backwards.

Yes, Lady Jade is scary. [face_devil]

Mara's thoughts on Luke broke my little ginchy heart. She hates him! But I think... I hope... there's still something salvageable there...

Does she really believe those things, or are they just coping mechanisms? [face_thinking]

taramidala: Go Mara, go! I mean, um, it's very wrong of her to be killing people willy nilly. [face_batting]

I'm confused though: in Night Must Fall, didn't Mara deliberately tell Luke to leave her, to trust her, not to worry about her? How did that turn into her believing that he didn't love her at all and abandoned her? I know Palpatine is evil but I really have a hard time believing that he convinced her so completely. I don't think she hates him; she's only trying to convince herself that she does so that she can cope.

Yes. [face_mischief]

Briannakin: The next two chapters, on Dagobah and Home One respectively, are more lighthearted.

And then we go back to the Empire. [face_mischief]

YmaSolo: I see table tennis happening with her emotions here. Hopefully Luke will come stop the madness, eventually after much torturing of your readers, right?

You never know, Luke might make it worse! [face_devil]

kataja: Aww, thanks. I'm glad you liked it. [face_blush]

Mara on the other hand... where will this route take her?

We'll just have to see. But my favorite book in the Thrawn Trilogy is The Last Command. Just saying.

Hazel: Nooo, don't leave me! :_|

Curtis: It is sad. She really needs to get herself away from the Emperor. [face_thinking]

Jade_eyes: I love scary, dark Mara. So much potential. [face_devil]

If it's not, Luke's going to have a harder time trusting her trust and affection than he wound up having in Insatiable

Oh, Luke won't have a problem at all. After all, he blames himself for everything, remember?

Phoenix: Exactly. What other choice does she have? If she remembers her time with Luke fondly, she'll be even more miserable than she already is.

Other than that, you kinda had me going there for a minute, that Mara would, or was going to sleep with this guy, and betray her feelings for Luke, and then suddenly, *bang* she's been having us on, and she kills someone.

Muahahahahahahaha!

Ocelotl: Yes, I wanted to show a bit of what happened, even though I wanted to leave it to the reader's imagination what REALLY happened on the Lusankya. *shudder*

Luna: Scary, indeed.

and much as I don't approve of her seducing or murdering anyone, it is *kind* of good to see her still doing it because she pines for the Rebellion.

It wasn't so much that she was doing it for that reason, but rather because she has a very strict sense of loyalty. The idea of Zurel turning in the people he'd served with, even though they were Rebels, is disgusting to Mara, no matter if she be in the Empire or Rebellion. Plus, it was her opportunity to learn more about what really goes on in the Empire. Mara's about to find out a lot of things that disturb her greatly.

darth treyvah: Emperor's Hand or Sith Adept in the making?

Well, Palpy's still got use for Vader...we'll see what happens later on.

At least Vader would have merely killed her: this in a lot of ways is worse.

And isn't that sad?

And Luke thinks she has betrayed them too and that anger he has been training to resolve might not be as far away from him as he would like.

Luke's got a lot of choices coming up for him soon. He'll have to decide how to best serve the Alliance...and whether or not to follow his heart.

Queenbee: i don't think it was right to have palpy warp

15. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Oh dear. What you did there? I see it. :p

Well played. ;)

16. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Dare I hope that one of these slippages will be in front of Vader? And that, maybe, it's going to be the start of an unlikely partnership between them?

Oh, and kudos for a fantastic start. Sense, do I, that many a good moment of relaxation and fun, this fic will give me.

Cheers,

Lauré :)

17. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    taramidala: ;) [face_mischief]

laure: Dare I hope that one of these slippages will be in front of Vader? And that, maybe, it's going to be the start of an unlikely partnership between them?

You can hope for one of these...but I'm not telling which. ;)

Thank you very much! I hope you enjoy. :)

18. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Oh. Wow.

That is all.

Actually, no, that isn't all. I really like the way you've done post-Lusankya Mara. It just... it all flows. And the 'hating' of Luke... it makes sense. Coping mechanism or not, it also masks her true feelings for him, which is all to the good with Palpatine and Vader around.

Luke AND Leia on Dagobah, WOO!

19. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Katana: Thank you very much. :) I'm glad it flows.

And speaking of Luke and Leia on Dagobah...

(I know it's not Monday yet, but it is somewhere.)

[u]CHAPTER 2[/u]

?Stretch out with your feelings, Leia. Use the Force.? Listening to her brother, Leia closed her eyes and her breathing slowed noticeably. Luke smiled at her. ?Good. Now, lift the rock.?

Her lips quirked into a grimace. ?I still don?t think I can do this, Luke.?

?If you think that you can?t, then you?ll never succeed.?

Leia sighed. ?Okay. I?ll try.?

?There is no try.?

Leia opened one eye to glare at him. ?You just love saying that to me, don?t you??

Luke shrugged his shoulders, then placed a hand on one of hers. ?You can do it, Leia. Trust the Force.? He moved to stand by her side and nodded at her in encouragement.

Taking a deep breath, Leia focused all her energy on the large boulder in front of them. She wasn?t as physically strong in the Force as Luke, but she had her own talents and was improving on a daily basis. Master Yoda had said that, had Leia been a part of the Jedi Order during the Republic, she would have been one of their best negotiators and diplomats. Luke, on the other hand, would have been a pilot, soldier, and, later on, teacher. Luke couldn?t help but agree with Master Yoda?s assessment.

Luke?s smile grew larger as the rock trembled and then rose several centimeters into the air. He could sense that Leia was struggling and, after a few moments, offered some of his strength. He?d resisted doing this when they?d first come to Dagobah, wanting his sister to succeed on her own accord. But Yoda had instructed that it was important to learn to complement each other?s skills. Since then, Luke always pushed Leia to her limits, then proceeded to assist her in whatever task needed to be accomplished.

That was the difference between the Jedi and the Sith, Luke thought with conviction. The Jedi always worked together to accomplish their goals, whereas the Sith would never deign to help a fellow Force user for fear of being overthrown or defeated.

The boulder hovered several meters in the air, then the twins worked together to lower it gently to the ground. When they were finished. Luke squeezed his sister?s hand. ?That was great, Leia!?

She smiled, still breathing a bit heavily. Luke was not. ?Still not as good as you.?

?You know that will never happen, so you might as well just stop trying now.?

Leia raised a brow at him. ?I thought there was no try??

Luke threw his head back and laughed. ?Nice one, little sis.?

?You?re never gonna let me live that down, are you??

Luke shook his head, still smiling broadly. ?Never.? Luke couldn?t stop teasing Leia about being the older sibling, especially since she?d always acted much more mature than he did. She was still fiercely protective of him, but Luke couldn?t resist playing Big Brother from time to time, even going so far as to threaten Han with physical harm if he ever hurt Leia. Han had fallen on the floor with laughter after that comment.

Leia opened her mouth to give a snide retort, but was interrupted by Master Yoda?s gravelly voice. ?Young Skywalkers! Time to eat, it is.? The Jedi Master waved them toward his hut, then disappeared back inside.

?Good, I?m starved,? Luke said.

She grinned at him. ?When are you not??

Luke rolled his eyes. On their way to the hut he stopped to forage through their supplies. He selected some food that could be easily heated, then followed his sister into Yoda?s house.

Remembering his six months living on Dagobah with nothing to eat but Yoda?s soup and stale ration bars, Luke had decided to pack some ready-to-eat meals on his trip with his sister. Leia had heartily agreed. Now, eating what could only be described as a ?normal? meal when compared to what Luke and Master Yoda were eating, she felt relieved that she?d agreed to his plan.

She stared at him in shock as he shoveled the horrid-smelling soup into his mouth. Sometimes, she really marveled at her brother?s appet

20. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    I absolutely LOVE it when people highlight Leia as "Daddy's Little Girl," because she's the only person who doesn't KNOW that she IS.

Mondays-only is too few. I'm greedy like that. ;)

21. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    It's certainly Monday here! My first day back at work after the hols, and I get extra WotF! Thank you Nanci!

Oh. So. GOOD. Twinny sibling fun and training! Yoda and Leia... SPOT ON. I love your Yoda, and the prequel knowledge is SO GOOD to see passed on to them.

That last bit was just so... juicy. Can't wait for more!

[:D] Kat

22. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Finally a chapter in which ginchy didn't need the brave-hat!!!! [:D]

I love Leia and Luke training together. Jedi Wonder Twin Powers Activate!!!!

She needed that time with Yoda, and time to learn together with Luke. I love how his natural teaching ability is shining through and I love how very sibling they're acting with the squabbles. (Which, after what I just read, you know I need to see. LOL!!!)

I also love how she regarded him through the Force. [face_love]

Yoda poses a good question, though, on how she would handle sacrifice. After losing her home world would she be more or less able to sacrifice and listen to the Force? After all, she is her Daddy's daughter... [face_worried]

23. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Alright, I wont hide under Ginchy's brave hat just yet...

I love the sibling banter! But Leia is more like her father than she realizes.

24. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    I love the twins' interaction here, the sparring was great fun. Yoda seems to be much more of a living being here rather than an "emotionless droid." He's right about Leia to wonder about sacrifice. Although Alderaan was a huge sacrifice, I think Han might make or break her, something she has to think about.

She is indeed her father's daughter, only with her mom's penchant for negotiation, diplomacy, and politics. Luke has his father's talents with his mother's more calm disposition. Still, Padme has resorted to "aggressive negotiations" at times.

Good to recognize that they each have their own talents and those should be used to their best capacity. It doesn't make one any less valuable if one isn't a powerful Jedi warrior. There are Jedi skills such as reading people that have just as big of an impact on events as a light saber, perhaps even more.

25. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I loved all the banter and the training.

This was a fun chapter. :)