main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Way of the Force - (L/M, H/L, Vader, Palpy, Yoda, Rogues) - COMPLETED March 18

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMara77, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Yes, child. You will kill Luke Skywalker

You are evil.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. That's like the pot calling the kettle black. Whatever.

2. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    ?Yes, child. You will kill Luke Skywalker.?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

*hides under brave hat* Dang it, I was liking myself without hat hair, thank you very much!!! :p But this is not the last command... maybe this is like the .... 150th to last command?? ;) Should be very interesting (read: scary) to see how this all plays out!!!

OMG, I just thought of something!!! If 'Skywalker' is a super common name in the galaxy, then Luke probably is, too. Palps didn't specify WHICH Luke Skywalker.... just sayin'. :p

I love Vader's thoughts on Luke--he may be Anakin's son, but Anakin's downfalls are not his. [face_love]

And I love Mara and Vader's exchange. Very interesting indeed...

3. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009

IT BEGINS!!!

4. Mondra

Mondra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2010
    This is pure evil. But he seriously can't think that she'll do it, right? Right...?![face_worried]

Hmmm... angst I sense in the future chapters... Can't wait how it turns out!

5. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Aw, that's so sad. But still I believe. :)

(sorry my comment isn't more substantive this time 'round...my brain is fried today)

6. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    You will kill Luke Skywalker.

:eek: NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Oh wait, didn't we establish that it was kriff instead of kill? :p

7. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    Wow... this order came before Endor! Wow... what a a twist!

8. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    [:D] Time to get out your brave hats!
    This is where the fun begins [face_batting]

Great chapter - but not easy to reply to... This sticked out, however...:

The threat was apparent, but it was not necessary. Vader no longer had any reason not to serve his master.
    Very good an interesting insight into Vader's mindset, culminating in this last line. So what happens if he gets a reason... [face_mischief]

Vader turned, cape billowing behind him as he strode to the door. His mind whirled. Over the past year, things had spiraled so far out of his control. Once more, he wished that he could go back in time and fix everything. To that day on Mustafar. To that day in Palpatine's office. His fist clenched, and he left the Throne Room behind.
    I like what he wishes for - definitely like it! [face_mischief]

At least I question.?

Vader let out a short laugh. ?If that helps you sleep at night, so be it.?

Perfect sarcasm - perfect bitterness. And a very interesting many layered confrontation! You always write Vader and Mara so well!

:eek: Yessss! :D Now, this is going to be fun!!! [face_devil]

9. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Ooh. :eek: Nice. I love Mara's thoughts. And oh my gungans, you did the nearly impossible - you made me feel good about Vader! I loved his point of view here! I... it's... WAH!

You know, Mara and Vader here... she's talking to her (almost) father-in-law... For some reason, that just struck me as... intriguing? Important? Something? Swirling Force? (I really don't know, but I loved their interaction. If they ever struck a truce - over a certain farmboy, perhaps? ;) - they'd be a very scary duo...)

10. LordRaptor82

LordRaptor82 Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2011
    Good Update so very good

11. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Jade_eyes: Your Vader is always superb

Thanks! I certainly try. He's a daunting character for me to write, even more so than Palpatine.

Ouch the Mara/Palps scene - she seems totally to believe all this is what she wants, including the Emperor's final injunction - but you can still feel a flicker of - conflict/dissonance

Yes...I think this is a situation where getting what she wants is going to test her resolve, so to speak.

Briannakin: Evil? Moi?!

BTW, I'd like to point everyone's attention to this line in Chapter 29 of Night Must Fall:

?You are mine, Mara Jade. You have always been mine, and you always will be mine. You had your dalliance, but now you will return to your rightful place by my side. You will serve me, and when it is time you will destroy the boy who once claimed to love you?the boy who abandoned you at the first opportunity.?

Foreshadowing. I has it. ;)

ginchy: If we ever meet in person, I'm buying you a hat. ;)

But this is not the last command... maybe this is like the .... 150th to last command??

[face_laugh] Oh, no. I think it's the last one. [face_mischief]

OMG, I just thought of something!!! If 'Skywalker' is a super common name in the galaxy, then Luke probably is, too. Palps didn't specify WHICH Luke Skywalker.... just sayin'.

[face_laugh] "Hey, um, master? When you said Luke Skywalker...could you clarify on which one you meant? Cause I just killed some guy on Malastare. Thanks!"

Phoenix: Indeed, it does. [face_devil]

Mondra: This is pure evil. But he seriously can't think that she'll do it, right? Right...?!

Oh, he can certainly think so. But do YOU think she'll do it? [face_thinking]

taramidala: I hope the brain frying is not due to Force lightning!

Hazel: Oh wait, didn't we establish that it was kriff instead of kill?

She already did that. :p

Ocelotl: Yup! Well, so did the original in canon...this one is just twisted since she knows Luke.

kataja: This is where the fun begins

Indeed! [face_dancing]

Very good an interesting insight into Vader's mindset, culminating in this last line. So what happens if he gets a reason...

I dunno. Does he HAVE any more reasons? [face_thinking]

Perfect sarcasm - perfect bitterness. And a very interesting many layered confrontation! You always write Vader and Mara so well!

Thank you! I hope I continue to do so. Ooops, have I said too much? [face_batting]

Yessss! Now, this is going to be fun!!!

[face_laugh] At least someone believes in me! [:D]

Katana: And oh my gungans, you did the nearly impossible - you made me feel good about Vader! I loved his point of view here! I... it's... WAH!

My work here is done. [face_devil]

You know, Mara and Vader here... she's talking to her (almost) father-in-law... For some reason, that just struck me as... intriguing? Important? Something? Swirling Force? (I really don't know, but I loved their interaction. If they ever struck a truce - over a certain farmboy, perhaps? - they'd be a very scary duo...)

You think so, hmm? Well. We'll see. [face_mischief]

Lord Raptor: Thank you!

12. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    [face_batting]

Just popping in to look around. :D Just wanted to say I know how hard you are working on this story--a trilogy like this takes time and effort that is immeasurable! Thank you for taking the time to share it with us. [:D]

Now.... I'll just... sit here and hang out. Under my brave hat. Waiting for a post. ;)

13. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    I wasn't going to post this until tonight, but ginchy twisted my arm.

[u]CHAPTER 5[/u]

Several weeks had passed since Leia?s eye-opening meditation session with Yoda. His question then had startled her and forced her to think about things she didn?t necessarily care to consider. Other than being an inconvenient truth of biology, Darth Vader was not a part of her life. Bail Organa was her true father. He had raised her and helped make her the person she was today. She didn?t care what Yoda said?she was nothing like Vader, and neither was Luke.

Luke, on the other hand, had accepted the fact that Anakin Skywalker was their father and wanted to learn as much about him as possible. Leia still had trouble believing that Anakin Skywalker had ever been a good man, and that Darth Vader was something else entirely. She didn?t agree with Luke that Anakin Skywalker still existed, deep inside that black armor. She didn?t know if she ever could think that way.

Since that meditation session, Leia had avoided being alone with Yoda at all costs. She focused hard on her training with Luke, and continued to improve in lightsaber combat and other Force skills. Yoda observed their training and the three of them still shared meals, but other than that he kept mostly to himself. It was almost as if he wanted them to get used to being on their own. They hadn?t discussed it, but Leia had the feeling that she and Luke would be leaving Dagobah very soon. Not only that, but Yoda didn?t seem much like himself within the past few weeks. He seemed weaker, and more resigned. Leia wasn?t entirely sure how she felt about this. While she didn?t appreciate Yoda?s accusations, she respected him as a teacher. They both needed him.

She and Luke were meditating together in a small clearing by the lake. Luke had told Leia of his breakthrough levitating the X-wing that happened in this same place. Leia had witnessed him perform several similar feats and was in awe of his power. She had a hard time believing that she could ever be as powerful in the Force as Luke. Even though they were twins, they were so very different.

Leia didn?t enjoy meditation very much. It didn?t suit her meticulous nature, her need to constantly be doing and fixing things. Luke had a similar personality, but for some reason he took to meditation like a Gungan took to water. He?d told her that wasn?t always the case, that when he?d started his training he?d wanted to be on the go all the time. It had taken him quite some time to learn to clear his mind and listen to the Force around him. But he had, and now he was always up for a meditation session.

He?d make a fine Jedi Master one day, Leia thought. He was already a fine Jedi Knight.

Leia let herself fall into the Force and cleared her mind to the best of her abilities. She concentrated on Luke, sitting across from her, and so vibrant in the Force. Snatching onto his Force power, she let herself drown in it and felt the energy surround her. She listened to the whispers and let the Force guide her. She knew that listening to the Force would be beneficial to her career as a politician and could help the entire galaxy.

She saw many things in the Force. She saw events of the past?her childhood on Alderaan, the first time she stepped foot in the Imperial Senate, meeting Luke. As always, she relived the destruction of Alderaan. The pain still cut like a knife, but it was becoming easier and easier to move past. It was easy to understand why. She had friends and a family in the Alliance. She greatly missed all of them, especially Han, but felt comfort in the fact that he?d be waiting for her when she returned to [i]Home One[/i].

?Listen to the Force, Leia,? Luke said softly. ?Let it guide your path.?

Leia nodded, knowing that he?d sense her agreement even though his eyes were closed. Luke always encouraged her; he believed in her even more than she did. He truly thought she?d make a strong Jedi someday, and c

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Fantabulous =D= and superb conversations with Yoda and Obi-Wan @};- You portray Leia excellently in terms of her emotions contrasting with Luke's. [face_thinking]

15. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Awww, it's a my birthday eve miracle!!! Just hanging out in the brave hat brings results!!!

Ooh, poor Yoda. But he more than deserves his eternal rest! I feel so badly for Luke and Leia, but the image of them holding hands as they exit the hut is a strong one. At least they have each other. [face_love] I like Leia's thoughts of Jedi Luke. She is objective and won't get all lost in the fangirling over the arms. (The arms! =P~)

Ahem. I also like how Anakin-like she was in the coversation with Obi-Wan, especially her under-her-breath "I could" on killing Vader. But don't tell her I said that. ;)

Hurray for 2x posts a week!! [face_dancing]

16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I think Yoda's death was one of the saddest scenes of the OT, but you did a good job recreating it.

I liked the contrast beween Luke and Leia and their attitude towards Vader.

17. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Great chapter. Leia really doesnt realize how much like Anakin she is.

Yoda... *sniffle*

And I read your reply about foreshadowing those words could also apply to Palpy... From a certain point of view[face_thinking]

18. volk-eu

volk-eu Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2011
    I caught up finally.

Ch. 1
    This is a very creepy chapter, providing insight in Mara's motives and feelings.
    I both sympathize and glad for her because she is torn between her heart and professional logic. And falling into the trap of DS out of desperate need to reassert herself, do something for her own reasons. I don't think she really believes in Luke's betrayal, or she won't miss him at all. ;)
    Darillian missed his chance to be decoration on ceiling of Corvette bridge (courtesy of the Wraiths), but he won't be missed. [face_devil]

Ch. 2
    Good to see siblings freely interacting together, and Leia's training. Yoda sure knows that she is her daddy's daughter, despite what she denies. Luke is aware that he has to be prepared for anything what future might bring and keeps his focus in the moment. I hope that this time he will know at least how to deflect Force Lightening and not to lose his saber. :p

Ch. 3
    Glad to see Rogues keeping tabs on the situation and Han accepting a promotion for Leia. :] Wonder just what Rogues have helped him to unload? Maybe some special shipment, like hold full of Ysalamiri or Corellian brandy and gifts for twins' birthday? ;)

Ch. 4
    I like Vader's introspection, full of regrets - it seems that here he will be a lot more conflicted than in RotJ. I think the fact that Luke faced same choice as Anakin, and yet chosen differently affected him greatly. Mara is very conflicted either, i don't think she will seriously try to kill the Jedi. She will go mostly for answers from Luke, not revenge, and clear the air between them, at last. :)

Ch. 5
    Seems like while i replied, you rolled out another chapter. :)
    Leia still is in denial and clings to old hatreds. [face_worried] Has she gone to the Dark Cave? She needs a good shake to stop lying to herself; i think you will make stop denial in final confrontation with Vader, when she'll try to kill him in anger.
    Good to see that Luke is more stubborn than his sister and Obi-Wan in regards to Ani. After all, he is the older of the two. [face_mischief]

I second 2 ch/week. :)
    And it's night here already, so i don't mind early post. :D

19. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004

D'oh! I was supposed to include an A/N on this chapter telling a funny story!!!

So back in November I was hanging out with MasterJaina1011. We were at MJ's apartment and decided to watch Return of the Jedi on BluRay. So, we put in the film and were enjoying the movie. Then Yoda's death came on. And after his line, "twilight is upon me and soon, night must fall...that is the way of things, the way of the Force," MJ said, really really loud, "OHHHHHHHHHHHH".

:oops:

I haven't stopped teasing her since.

20. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    At least someone believes in me!
    Always!!![:D]

I wasn't going to post this until tonight, but ginchy twisted my arm.
    Good ginchy, good ginchy... I mean bad ginchy, very bad...
    And the more bad, the better[face_devil]

Leia didn?t enjoy meditation very much. It didn?t suit her meticulous nature, her need to constantly be doing and fixing things. Luke had a similar personality, but for some reason he took to meditation like a Gungan took to water. He?d told her that wasn?t always the case, that when he?d started his training he?d wanted to be on the go all the time. It had taken him quite some time to learn to clear his mind and listen to the Force around him.
    Love, love, LOVE this! Exaclty! It would be exactly like that!!!

Yoda had lived 900 years?surely he could live a few years longer, until the Empire was destroyed. Until Luke knew everything necessary to fix the mistakes of the past.
    Yeah, well, no one'll live that long, Luke-my boy... Not even you...o_O

?And you, Leia. One thing remains.? Yoda?s voice was strained now, and the twins leaned forward to hear him. He looked toward Leia with solemn eyes. ?You must learn to accept your past if you are to move on to the future.?
    Yessnesss!! Again!!! [face_love]

He coughed, and reached out his hand to both of them.

They accepted it. They were the master?s last apprentices.

His eyes were closing now. ?Luke?you must believe in yourself?and let go of regret. And Leia?remember that compassion?is the way of the Jedi. And the Force will always be with you...?

He took one last gasp of air?and then Yoda, the last Grand Master of the Jedi Order, was gone
    And here I'm crying like a child - thsi was so beautiful!!!

Leia couldn?t stop herself. ?Fine, then. Why did you lie to Luke??
    [face_laugh]

Anakin was a good friend,? Obi-Wan said. Both twins glanced up in interest. Yoda had told them about Anakin Skywalker the Jedi, but this was completely different. ?When I first knew him, your father was already a great pilot, but I was amazed at how strongly the Force was with him. Circumstances brought us together and my old master vowed to teach him the ways of the Force.? Obi-Wan paused. ?But then my master was killed, and I promised to train Anakin. I thought I could instruct him just as well as Qui-Gon. Just as well as Yoda. I was wrong.?
    and
    ?Your mother believed the same, until her dying breath. But he?s more machine now than man. Twisted and evil.?
    This is just perfectly revised canon!!!=D=

?I can?t kill my own father,? Luke protested.

?I can,? Leia couldn?t help but mutter
    :p I probably shouldn't laugh at that, but I can't help myself [face_mischief]

Luke wanted to show Vader that there was still goodness inside of him, just as he wanted to prove to Mara that she did not have to serve the Emperor. He wanted to save both of them.
    Yeah - nothing less will do, of course. That just makes it the double of what he had to do in ROTJ - may the Force be with you Luke ;) At least your writer and readers love you! [:D]

21. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    "why did you lie?"... kinda funny way to ask a Force Ghost :)

the Leia/Luke matchup vs. Vader/Palpy and wildcard Mara

22. CurtisZidaneZiraa

CurtisZidaneZiraa Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 18, 2010
    So interesting. This one fascinated me. LOVE IT!

23. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004

Luke/Mara needs death threats. :p

?Well maybe I can!? Leia snapped.
    Well, if anyone can tell the Force what for, it's Leia.

Loved the convo with Obi-Wan.

Great updates.

24. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    I enjoyed seeing Obi-Wan be able to explain things to both of them at once instead of just Luke. I love that Leia has an integral part in this too. And yes, Mara's assignment is quite evil indeed. Looking forward to more! Great updates.

25. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Leia's kind of a brat, isn't she? I'm not sure I like her right now. Though in some ways I like that her immaturity causes Luke to act like the grown up.

And poor, poor, Mara. She's not going to kill him. ;)

Well done as always, and congrats on finishing the re-writes!