Beyond The Way of the Truth *UPDATED & COMPLETED 9/11+ Dramatis Personae for The New Invasion: NJO Edition*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Spike2002, Dec 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Kaileron Force Ghost

star 2
    ''so it should be up today or tommorow (for real this time! ''

You better..... ;)
    j/k :) Just busy with school so not having much time to read the stories :s:(
  2. Bobbacca Jedi Knight

star 2
    Great, now Spike's missing. I wonder if he caught that wonderful flu that's been going around too... :/
  3. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Sorry, the sodding internet at my house is down so I'll post the prologue and the first chapter and that will be it till Jan 3rd.
  4. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    The truth is far greater than the words used to describe it-Vergere to Jacen Solo

Prologue

The universe. Created billions of years ago, theoretically by a huge explosion that spat out galaxies by the trillions. The universe has long been considered an unending cosmos, being everything and nothing at once.

With the creation of the universe, the Force was created.

The Force is an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds them, penetrates them, and binds the universe together.

But the Force was not the only power created with the universe.

Coruscant, (26 years after the Battle of Endor)

Onimi fought with everything that remained in him, but Jacen could not be overwhelmed. As a pure conduit of the Force, he was incapable of taking missteps or making wrong moves. He stood not at the edge of the tilting ecliptic of his vision, but at the centre, as a fulcrum. The weight that would disturb the balance was Onimi, but to Jacen, the weight was no longer of sufficient mass to make a difference.

The Force encased Jacen like a whirlwind, moving deep into the darkness the Yuuzhan Vong had brought to the galaxy, and gathering it and sending it up the spout into the funnel cloud, where it was transformed and dispersed.

Onimi was becoming more insubstantial by the moment.

Jacen continued to stand firm, righting the world.

He had become so powerful as to be dangerous to his own galaxy, for he could see clearly the temptations of the dark side and the desire to force one?s will on others- to so completely dominate that all life would kowtow to him.

He purged his mind of all pride and evil intent and entered a moment of unadulterated bliss, where he seemed to have unlocked the secrets of existence.

The Truth?

The Universe

That day, Jacen Solo unlocked the Truth. If the Force was an energy field created by all living things, the Truth was created by the mind and intelligence of all living things. It was sentient, and it traversed the universe.

It was everything.

While Jacen Solo had unlocked the power of the Truth, so much that he touched the vast power available from the sentient energy, he could not ever access it again. Only one other time did Jacen Solo access the power that the Truth gave to him.

Coruscant, (81 years after the Battle of Endor)

Staggering across the metallic floor, he delved deeply into the Force to combat the sheer energy burning through his skin and bone, slowing down its inexorable advance.

Close by, Jaina felt her brother?s pain and turned to give him aid.

?Jace,? she called to her twin.

?No,? he managed to gasp through his clenched teeth. ?You and Charat, and the Vong. Get clear??

?Clear?? she asked him, and then her eyes widened as her connection to him spelled out his intentions exactly. She turned immediately to Charat Hul and his contingent of elite Yuuzhan Vong warriors.

?Charat!? she shouted, augmenting her voice in the Force. ?Get out of there!?

Charat looked at her in puzzlement for a second, and then noticed the surge of energy coming from Jacen. ?Move!? he shouted.

As the Yuuzhan Vong moved clear to join Jaina and Charat, Jacen surged forward into the advancing swarm of Negative Race troopers, energy building up inside him as he slashed and spun.

The BA Troopers were no fools, and they immediately backed away from the Jedi warrior, surrounding him in a circle as their rifles pumped shot after shot of laser pulses into him.

Jacen felt each and every energy weapon drive into his body, but he would not die. Delving into the power of the Force, he absorbed the raw power of the weapons, but unlike the late Corran Horn, he did not unleash it as raw power onto the BA Troopers, but he let the energy consume his skin and organs. The pressure built, and built and soon enough it was too much for him to hold?

The Universe

That day, Jacen Solo sacrificed himself to allow the Je
  5. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Negative Race Cargo Freighter Suun (5 years later)

Captain Chu?lin sat back in his chair as his crew operated his cargo freighter as it travelled through trans-hyperdrive from Lwhekk to Coruscant.

Chu hadn?t really enjoyed being on the arid jungle planet; it was too humid for his tastes. He much preferred the urban lifestyle on Coruscant, where there were plenty of cultural entertainments offered for the Children of the Ancients. Of course, not everyone on the ship had the same tastes as he did.

Looking over at his first officer and the communications officer he recalled the stories they had told him of their shore leave on the jungle planet. They had hiked up the towering volcano Mount Skar?lak, visited the caves of Ss?laath and gone on a military supervised hunting trip.

Supposedly the hunting trip had been the most fun and exhilarating, especially since Defence Troopers had informed all the civilians that the lizards they were hunting had learned how to operate some kind of energy weapon. Of course, Chu?s crew would find that the possibility of not coming back from a hunting trip made it all the more tempting.

Now Chu?s cargo hold had the corpse of a giant lizard aloft in chains.

Without warning, the Suun?s trans-hyperdrive engines failed and dragged the ship straight back into realspace.

?Report,? Chu growled at his engineering officer.

?Someone shut down our engines,? the report came back. ?No engine failure at all.?

Chu?s face creased in puzzlement, trying to work out why someone would shut trans-hyperdrive engines down in the middle of transit.

?What is going on?? he finally said, voice rising in volume with every word.

?No idea Captain.?

Chu turned to go to the engine room when some kind of energy weapon struck his first officer, sending him crashing to the deck.

Ducking for cover, Chu drew his sidearm and tried to look for the assailant. No sign.

Then another shot rang out and the Suun?s communication officer crumpled to the floor.

Chu crawled through the bridge trying to escape the sound of weapons fire, and then his head bumped into someone?s legs.

Looking up, Chu saw that it was one of the bridge crew, but one he hadn?t taken any notice of.

?We?ve got to get out of here,? he croaked.

The officer smiled, and then somehow his face and body began changing, until he morphed into some form that Chu had never seen before.

?Impossible!? Chu exclaimed.

?I?m afraid not Negative boy,? the alien?s voice said, and then it shot him straight in the face.

The turbo-express elevator opened, and Keira Osborne walked through it onto the bridge. Looking around, the blonde human female could only see the dead bodies of the Negative Race crew, but no sign of her co-infiltrator.

?Daron!? she called out. ?Come on, let?s see you.?

There was no answer, not that Keira expected one. Her partner was always a prankster, and he enjoyed making her look around for him.

?Dammit Daron, I?ve got no time for this,? she spoke into the empty bridge, frustration evident in her warm voice.

?Right that?s it, I?m going to spray this room with blaster fire until I hit something,? she said in all seriousness. Her partner had long ago found that she was quite liberal with her shooting.

With a tap on her shoulder, Keira turned around quickly, bringing up her blaster to bear. And then she lowered it.
    ?I wish you wouldn?t do that.?

Daron Makili smiled in wry humour.

?So,? she continued, ?find out anything interesting??

The shapeshifter looked around and gestured at the dead bodies of the bridge crew.

?Well, this freighter is Coruscant bound. But they have no cargo to offload there. As far as I could tell from their conversations they were on shore leave.?

?Shore leave on Lwhekk?? Keira looked at him incredulously.

Lwhekk was one of the few planets in the galaxy that still had natives on planet fighting the Negative Race occu/>
  6. lordmaul13 Jedi Master

star 4
    Great start, Spike.

It was a bit surprising, what you did with Jemima's child.

lordmaul13
  7. Kaileron Force Ghost

star 2
    Excellent. As always of course.
    It begins pretty good :)
    I cant wait to see the rest. ;)
    Is it a long story?
  8. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Yes it is. I've done 30 chapters already and I've barely scratched the surface.
  9. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Next update, because I can.
  10. Kaileron Force Ghost

star 2
    Well dont keep us waiting!
    post the rest of it :D:) lol ;)

Edit: heh, you were seconds earlier :)
  11. Bobbacca Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wow, that's the third version of the prologue I've read, and its definately the best. Is that first time Jacen accessed the Truth from TUF?
  12. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Yes it is.

And my file for chapter 2 is taking a long time to load. Please bear with me.

And Bob, you can post Evacuation anytime you know. I'd recommend a spellcheck before you do it though ;)
  13. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    The Forest Moon of Endor

Orbiting the gas giant Endor, there were nine moons. The largest of which a great battle had once taken place millennia ago. The battle, known in legend as the Battle of Endor, had changed the shape of the galaxy for the next nine decades. The oppressive Empire of the Sith had been overthrown, and was replaced by the New Republic, which had brought peace to the galaxy for 20 years.

Then the Yuuzhan Vong had came and caused so much destruction before their defeat.

The New Republic had died, and the Galactic Alliance had been born.

Defeating the Yuuzhan Vong, the Galactic Alliance became the Galactic State, and for four years, an uneasy peace was kept around the galaxy.

Then the Negative Race came?

At first, an invasion attempt was thwarted by a Jedi/Yuuzhan Vong alliance, and the invasion forces of the Negative Race had been reduced to a number that the forces of the galaxy could take care of them without too heavy losses.

After that battle, the State had built up a huge military force, taking care of upstart rebellions and wannabe Sith Lords with ease while they waited for the true threat to the galaxy to return.

And returned they had, wiping out almost 100% of the galaxy?s population.

Almost?

For this reason, the Truth had decided to intervene in the fate of the galaxy, to restore the balance of good and evil

On the surface of the Forest Moon, there was a gravesite where someone had been cremated in years long past. That someone had been Darth Vader.

Also known as Anakin Skywalker, the evil and power that had consumed the being cremated there still had the effect on the moon that nothing grew around the site, even after 1009 years. Animals always avoided it; their instincts telling them they should not go there, grave robbers had been kept away by the foreboding presence around the grave.

But now something moved along the burnt ground. Almost microscopic, the sheer numbers of them all moving towards the grave made them visible to anything that could have been watching.

Enveloping the grave, the microscopic organisms combined themselves and absorbed themselves into the grave. For a while, nothing happened. And then something began to grow.

At first bones began growing. Unlike a baby?s skeleton slowly forming during gestation, they grew far beyond the size, until it reached the size of a large adult.

After the skeleton, organs, tissue and muscle began growing. The heart began pumping, and the lungs expanded as respiration began once again. The muscles grew, and then strengthened, until they were solidly toned.

Then finally the skin began growing.

Enveloping the entire form of the growing body with great speed, hair began being produced over it as soon as it had covered flesh and bone. The process was slow and painful, and for minutes, the naked form lay on top of the grave, motionless.

And then, with a scream, the body sat up and opened its eyes.

Anakin Skywalker had been reborn.
    />
  14. lordmaul13 Jedi Master

star 4
    That was cool. I liked that scene.

lordmaul13
  15. Bobbacca Jedi Knight

star 2
    Evacuation (Prelude to The Way of the Truth)

This short story I'm writing has been approved by Spike as an official part of the series of Negative Race fics he's been writing. Its sets the stage for some of the events in The Way of the Truth and introduces some of the characters in it. And yes, this link was posted here with Spike's permission. :p
  16. JediMasterKobe Jedi Master

star 4
    Oooooh. Little Ani's back!
  17. Kaileron Force Ghost

star 2
    Huh?!
    What are those ''microscopic organisms ''?
    Will it be explained why Anakin suddenly returns out of thin air....
  18. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    They were midi-chlorians. They appeared, coalesced and started growing until it was back to Anakin's form.

Remember, he was "conceived by the midi-chlorians" so its viable that he could be resurrected by them.
  19. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Captured Negative Race Cargo Freighter Suun, Endor System

Keira Osborne sat back in the co-pilot?s chair and watched her partner, Daron Makili; a Shi?ido shapeshifter, pilot the Suun through the atmosphere of Endor?s largest moon.

As per usual, they were having a friendly argument.

?There?s the Yawari cliffs,? Daron said, pointing through the viewport at the sheer rock face a few hundred metres below and ahead of them.

?Nice,? Keira snorted. ?Like I haven?t seen cliffs before in my life.?

Daron turned his face round to stare at her.

?Coming from someone who spent her life growing up on a space station, I find myself disbelieving.?

?Hey, shut up!? Keira protested in humour. ?Not my fault.?

?Right.?

Keira leaned forward to stare out of the windows for a few moments, looking down at the trees, then she sat back again and turned to Daron again.

?Will we get to see any Ewoks?? she asked innocently.

This time it was Daron?s turn to snort derisively.
    ?Don?t count on it babe,? he said. ?Just because Endor?s out in the middle of nowhere doesn?t mean that the Negative Race ignored it.?

?Oh yeah?? came the reply. Keira obviously wanted to know a bit more. She may have grown up on a refugee station and began hitting Negative Race ships for a living, but she still had a little childhood curiosity for information that she had been denied all her life.

?Yeah,? Daron continued, trying not to sound like a condescending teacher, ?Originally the Negative Race didn?t give a damn about the Endor system. As far as they were concerned it was a system populated by dumb animals. And you know their policy on dumb animals.?

Keira nodded back, the Negative Race would kill any sentient species they found, but kept the animal predators alive, along with their prey species for their own private amusement.

?Well, the Negative Race bio-engineering division found a Gorax.?

?A what?? Keira asked.

?A Gorax,? Daron said simply, ?they?re about thirty metres tall, they like living in caves, and they eat Ewoks?when they can catch them anyway.?

?So??

?Well, the bio-engineering division wanted one, so they sent a bunch of BA Troopers to get one. And got one they did.?

?So what happened?? Keira said, her curiosity peaking.

?They got one into a big cargo transport, drugged it, and sent it back to Coruscant. The bio-engineering division used Gorax DNA and combined it with other predators, and then cloned them for Gladiator Arenas.?

Keira?s heart sank. She had heard all about Negative Race gladiator arenas. The bored Controllers had no-one else in the galaxy to kill that they knew about, so they captured animals and put them on show to fight at their whim.

?So, is there anything left alive on Endor?? she asked.

?Far as I can tell, and from what the boss has told me, no.?

Keira nodded, and then started off a new topic of conversation.
    ?Who are we working for??

Daron turned and fixed her with a piercing stare.
    ?You know who we?re working for.?

?I know who runs our normal operations, yes,? Keira continued. ?But what I don?t know is who has sent us on a mission to the Gundark?s Nest.?

Daron looked at her, sighing.

?You don?t know either, do you?? Keira said accusingly, stabbing her finger at him.

Pausing for a moment, Daron shook his head.

?No,? he said. ?The Hutt said it was very private, and he had no authority to tell us.?

Keira scowled at him.
    ?So what?s our cargo then?? she asked.

?Droids?or so the Hutt told me.?

Endor

He ran through the underbrush of the giant forest of Endor?s forest moon. The naked form of Anakin Skywalker did not know where he was going. He just wanted to find something. Using the Force to speed himself up and jump higher than a normal person would, Anakin tripped over a tree log that had been cut down. Sprawling to the ground, he landed next to a small pool of water.

Lifting himself up
  20. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Rejoice, for I am permanently back now. You get one update today, another tomorrow, and then one update every Sunday. :D
  21. Kaileron Force Ghost

star 2
    *rejoices*

*dances around like an idiot*

:)
  22. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    *shrug*

Its a start.
  23. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Well here's your update.
  24. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    ?Okay,? Keira said as she closed the cargo loading hatch. ?I?ve got all the crates in the cargo bay. Are you sure we?re not allowed to open them??

Daron, looking over the checklist turned his head towards Keira.

?The Hutt said that our orders were to load the crates on board, take them to Coruscant and then let them unload themselves.?

Keira sighed in bored frustration.
    ?Aren?t you the least bit curious at what kind of droids they are?? she continued.

?No.?

Keira obviously ignored him or didn?t hear because she began rambling on.
    ?What if they?re war droids and they?re gonna attack the Negative Race headquarters? Or an assassin droid and they?re gonna take out the Governor-Controller??

?Keira,? Daron snapped sharply, ?Cut it out will you? They could be any kind of droids in there since we know the Negative Race allowed Mechis III and Telti to keep producing their normal models as long as their own inspection teams were allowed in.?

Keira sighed in defeat. Obviously her boredom and curiosity wasn't going to be indulged.

?This trip is boring,? she said one last time, ?apart from the killing we?ve done nothing interesting.?

Before Daron could reply, a twig snapped.

Anakin stood, stark naked, in front of the two people holding blasters straight at him.

?Uh?hello,? he said, keeping his eye on the blasters.

?Hello back,? the blonde woman said in reply, smiling coldly. ?You wouldn?t mind raising your hands would you??

Anakin looked down to his hands, one of which was covering his private regions.

?Do I have to??

The woman and her partner shared a smile with each other, and then turned their attention back to Anakin.

?Who are you?? the male said.

?Well, you might not believe this, but I?m Anakin Skywalker.?

Neither of them so much as flinched in recognition.

?Uhm, better known as Darth Vader.?

Still no response.

?You?ve never heard of me?? he continued.

?No!? both of them said. Then the woman stepped forward, still brandishing her blaster.
    ?How did you get here?? she asked him.

?Well, this is also hard to believe. Well, less hard if you knew who I was, but I?ve returned from the dead.?

Daron and Keira looked at each other as the naked human told them that he had returned from the dead.

?What do you think?? Daron whispered to Keira.

?Probably a refugee. I don?t know how he got here. Maybe his ship crashed on planet, his clothes were fried and he got some kind of poisoning that made him a bit delusional. Hyperdrive coolant would be the best bet.?

?So what do we do?? Daron asked, still whispering.

?He seems harmless,? Keira said, looking back at him, still stood there. ?Kinda cute too.?

Daron frowned back.

?Women,? he muttered. Then they both turned back to Anakin.

?Alright Mr. Skywalker. You want to come with us to Coruscant?? Keira raised her voice as she spoke to him.

His head raised slightly.
    ?Yes,? he said, sounding eager. ?I?d like to get in contact with the government there if I could.?

Daron and Keira couldn?t help laughing out loud at this. The poor fellow must have caught quite a lungful of coolant to make him that amnesiac.

?No chance of that Mr. Skywalker.? Keira said.

?Why not?? Anakin replied in contention.

?Come aboard, and we?ll tell you.?

Minutes later, the Suun lifted off from the Forest Moon, cleared the treacherous gravity well of the huge gas giant, and began the 26 hour trans-hyperdrive journey to Coruscant.
    />/>/>
  25. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.