main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Way of the Truth *UPDATED & COMPLETED 9/11+ Dramatis Personae for The New Invasion: NJO Edition*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Spike2002, Dec 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    The Controller sneered at him, and gestured at his BA Troopers to hold him over a huge fruit blender.

That sounds like something I'd come up with. Are you feeling alright? :p

Caught up in the blender, the human screamed as he was sliced and diced by the machine.

That's pretty gross.

lordmaul13

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Caught up in the blender, the human screamed as he was sliced and diced by the machine.

That's pretty gross.

I'll take that as a compliment ;)

Kaileron: The filler fics written by Bobbacca and Jedi_Wurth_Skidder will help to fill you in on the galactic situation from the point of view of other resistance forces in the galaxy. I suggest you all read them.

3. Bobbacca

Bobbacca Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2003
    Evacuation (which I finally updated yesterday) is a short story set 20 years before the Prologue to The Way of the Truth (TWotT) (and therefore about 29 years before the main body of the story). It basically begins to set the scene for TWotT and Jedi Valiency (JV) and offers a little background on how the war has progressed (or rather degressed) since The Beginning of the End (TBotE). I will also be writing one or more sequels and/or prequels to Evac to fill in more of the details of what happened between TBotE and TWotT/JV.

Jedi Valiency by Jedi_Wurth_Skidder is set during TWotT and focuses on how the rest of the galaxy is dealing with the Negative Race (the parts of the galaxy that we don't see in TWotT). I believe this is going to be a full-legnth story.

4. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Thank you Bob.

In the meantime, the bios of our three new villains that appeared in the latest chapter have been added to the Villain's Database hosted by The Villain Writing Support Thread

5. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Fruit blender?

Not to nitpick or anything, but isn't that kinda Earth-y?

Well, I lied. It was my intention to nitpick. :p

Mexés however, was not interested in women.

Then what is he interested in? Gungans? Noghri? Wookiees? E-e-e-ewoks? *shudders*

6. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Not to nitpick or anything, but isn't that kinda Earth-y?

You expect them to blend fruit by hand? :p

Then what is he interested in? Gungans? Noghri? Wookiees? E-e-e-ewoks? *shudders*

LOL.

No, he's only interested in killing people. :)

7. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Deep inside the lower levels of Tex City, Darth Vengeance, Texaa the Hutt and Mexés crossed through the armoured blast doors into the secret project laboratory. Behind them, the blast doors closed and sealed themselves shut.

Vengeance turned to Texaa, who was quick to explain himself.

?A minor precaution my lord,? he said. ?Designed simply to protect those working on our projects from the refugees and the people working in the industrial levels.

Vengeance knew about the work being done in the industrial levels kilometres above him. Texaa had the refugees working slave labour, building weapons and war machines for his new army.

?My lord,? Texaa interrupted his thoughts, ?this is Kun-Me.?

Vengeance studied the peculiar looking alien standing before him. Texaa had told him that he was an Aing-Tii monk. Aing-Tii monks utilised some kind of rainbow of the Force, allowing themselves to use Jedi powers without having any inbuilt ability in the Force. Vengeance had no idea how the Hutt had managed to win the monk over to his cause, but he knew that the monk?s talents made him indispensable to the project.

?Kun-Me,? Vengeance said, nodding. ?Texaa tells me that your work on the project has been invaluable.?

The alien smiled back politely, and then his expression went hard.

?Anything to get back at the Negative Race,? he said.

Vengeance understood where the alien was coming from. He too had an unquenchable thirst for vengeance against the Negative Race, which was how he had came up with his Sith title once he had completed his self-training. Puzzling to him though, was why the benevolent Aing-Tii monks had agreed to lend their support to start a war that would bring destruction to the galaxy when it begun.

?The Yuuzhan Vong clone armies have responded to your subconscious teaching?? he asked.

The monk glanced at the Hutt, and then turned back to address Vengeance.

?The first million clones are ready to hatch,? the monk reported. ?They shall be tested as soon as they hatch for their natural combat abilities, willingness to receive orders from non-Yuuzhan Vong, willingness to handle technology and their abilities with telekinesis and mental shielding.?

Vengeance nodded, understanding. If the first million clones were non-compatible with the specifications he had set, then he would have to wipe them all out and restart the cloning process from the beginning. That would mean that the war would be delayed for months, and with the bloodthirstiness of Vengeance and his other allies, that would be unacceptable.

?And if they work?? he asked.

?Then the next million will be available in at least twenty days.?

?Excellent,? Vengeance said, ?Carry on with your good work, Kun-Me. If all this goes to plan you shall be rewarded.?

He then turned to the Hutt.

?How goes the other project??

The Hutt waited until Kun-Me had walked to a safe distance, and then lowered his voice as far as possible for a Hutt.

?Our scientists require a DNA sample. Then they will need to adapt the DNA to our requirements.?

?Very well,? Vengeance said, and then he turned to Mexés. ?Stay here and supervise the operation here.?

Mexés nodded back in affirmation, but the Hutt was not too pleased.

?My Lord,? he stammered, slithering after Darth Vengeance as he walked out. ?This isn?t necessary. My people here have everything under control.?

Vengeance turned around and fixed Texaa with a piercing glare.

?It is necessary, because I wish it!? he all but shouted at the Hutt, who looked down in fear and subservience.

?Yes, my lord,? the Hutt said.

?Good,? Vengeance replied triumphantly. ?I am going to visit our other allies. Have you received their latest delivery??

?Yes my lord,? the Hutt replied eagerly. ?Our teams on Endor, Kashyyyk and Kaal have all reported that they are proceeding to Coruscant with their deliveries.?

?And from here??

?The captured freighter will depart in one hour,? the Hutt reported.

?Good,? Vengeance said

8. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Spike: :D

?Our scientists require a DNA sample. Then they will need to adapt the DNA to our requirements.?

Clone Ewoks?! :p

?Good,? Vengeance replied triumphantly. ?I am going to visit our other allies. Have you received their latest delivery??

More bad guys?! :D

Mexés and the Hutt exchanged stares of mutual dislike, and then moved forward to follow their master.

Heh. And I can hear an echo of the Imperial March in my mind as the blast-doors slide shut behind them... :cool:

- The Imperial Ewok

9. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    Looking good. I can't wait to see millions of YV clones unleashed on the galaxy. The Negative Race won't know what hit them.

lordmaul13

10. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    How about a composite clone of Noghri, Wookiee, YV and Ewok!

Yub yub, Spike.

11. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Thrawn:

Clone Ewoks?!

If only, but I prefer them extinct ;)

More bad guys?!

Or victims of Sith manipulation ;) You can probably guess from the Dramatis Personae who they might be :p

Heh. And I can hear an echo of the Imperial March in my mind as the blast-doors slide shut behind them...

Cool :D

lordmaul:

Looking good. I can't wait to see millions of YV clones unleashed on the galaxy. The Negative Race won't know what hit them.

Oh believe me, thats the least of the Negative Race's worries if Vengeance has his way :D

Kobe:

How about a composite clone of Noghri, Wookiee, YV and Ewok?

Certainly an interesting combo. Anyone want to draw a picture of one? :p

12. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    Clone Ewoks?!

If only, but I prefer them extinct

Me too.

Oh believe me, thats the least of the Negative Race's worries if Vengeance has his way

Hmmm. Sounds interesting.

lordmaul13

13. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    All in good time lordmaul, all in good time. I haven't even begun writing the scenes when the secret project is revealed (its near the end of the fic) but I already know exactly what it is and what it'll be used for.

And believe me, its nasty :D

14. Bobbacca

Apr 25, 2003

I don't know about that. The Negative Race were the ones who drove the Vong from their home galaxy in the first place.

Spike: Do I know what the secret project is? I was thinking it was cloning the slicer armour for the clones, but apparently not if it doesn't come in until near the end of the fic

15. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    No you don't Bob, and I'm not going to tell you or anyone. It's one of the surprises I'm keeping under my hat. :D

16. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
  17. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Apologies for the update delay.

18. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    As Tsavong Lah awoke, he noticed that a rubber abomination was stuck down his throat, feeding him oxygen. Struggling momentarily, he then noticed that he was stuck in a chamber that was filled completely with some sort of transparent fluid. Remembering the instructions of the great god Yun-Yuuzhan, he began to hit the glass in front of him in an effort to break free.

Kun-Me, the Aing-Tii monk stood in the clone operation control centre with the scientists that the Hutt had appropriated in the last few years. Most of them were competent, a few were geniuses, but Kun-Me guessed that none truly had any idea what was going on.

?We have a problem,? a technician called over from the surveillance console. Kun-Me walked over to the technician and looked at the flashing screen indicating the clone chambers in the hollowed out mining sector. Then his jaw dropped.

?He?s breaking out,? he gasped. Then he managed to gain control of his restraint and composure. Flicking the intercom, he sent a communication to the Hutt?s bodyguard force.

?Security to the cloning chamber,? he ordered. ?One of the clones is breaking out, restrain him.?

[hr]

Tsavong Lah was stood naked on the cold transparisteel floor of the huge cloning chamber. Dripping with the strange fluid, he stood and got a bearing of his surroundings. He was in some huge closure, probably aboard an infidel abomination ship or space station. Looking back to the cylinder he had broken out from, he then noticed the similar cylinders nearby, and up, and up again, and down, stretching for kilometres and beyond the range of the visible eye through the transparent floor. All filled with Yuuzhan Vong, or to be more exact, all filled with exact copies of Tsavong Lah.

?What is this?? he spat, and then he looked down at himself. His scars were gone, as were his tattoos. There was no cloak of command wrapped around yorik coral horns plated on his shoulders, and there were no rust-coloured scales that had been implanted on his chest during his transformation to warmaster. The smooth skin adorning his body, and the fact that all his original limbs were in place only meant one thing.

?Infidel treachery,? he snarled, and then looked up as infidels arrived in the room through a set of blast doors. With no fear of death, Tsavong Lah advanced towards them.

[hr]

Kun-Me watched as the Yuuzhan Vong clone advanced towards the squad of guards that the Hutt had sent down. Their orders were not to kill, but to stun. And given natural Yuuzhan Vong resistance to stun blasts, they had to use stun batons.

[hr]

The first infidel to engage Tsavong Lah was a Weequay, an infidel alien with a brown leathery face. The infidel was armed with a force pike, an abomination weapon known to deliver either stunning or killing blows depending on what setting the infidel user had programmed it to.

Tsavong Lah grabbed the abomination by the long handle, and ripped it from the Weequay?s grasp. Snapping out his arm, he caught the Weequay straight in the throat, crushing its windpipe, and it fell straight to the floor.

Next was a Rodian, a green-faced infidel with a snout and four ears that twitched to everything that caused a minor disturbance in the air around them. Tsavong Lah simply sidestepped the Rodian?s stab with its stun baton, and then grabbed hold of two of the ears, and ripped them straight off.

The Rodian screamed in pain and fell to the floor, his hands covering his head in a vain attempt to soothe the vicious wound Tsavong Lah had inflicted.

Another infidel; a Whiphid, bounced away to keep a safe distance between himself and Tsavong Lah.

?[i]Coward[/i],? Tsavong Lah thought.

The Whiphid brandished a large whip-like abomination, similar to the amphistaffs that Tsavong Lah had been an accomplished user. Thinking of what he could do if the whip was in his hand, Tsavong Lah almost dropped the weapon in shock as it appeared in his hands. But then he controlled himself and lashed out with the whip at the Whiphid.

[hr]

?Did you see that??

19. Kaileron

Kaileron Jedi Master star 2

Jun 30, 2003
    Another nudy character?
    My oh my, what PG does this story have ;) :D
    J/k, seriously: loving the way he said Neega'tf'' :)
    Very cool indeed. Cant wait for the rest of it.

20. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    I don't know about that. The Negative Race were the ones who drove the Vong from their home galaxy in the first place.

Yeah but those were ordinary YV. These are Force wieldin, Aing-Tii trained bad a****.

Their orders were not to kill, but to stun. And given natural Yuuzhan Vong resistance to stun blasts, they had to use stun batons.

It's only one clone out of thousands, just kill him.

Tsavong Lah simply sidestepped the Rodian?s stab with its stun baton, and then grabbed hold of two of the ears, and ripped them straight off.

Ouch.

?Neega?tif,? he snarled, teeth grinding as he spat the words out. And then he pounced.

I get the feeling Tsavong is about to wreck Vengeance's ship.

lordmaul13

21. Bobbacca

Apr 25, 2003
    Then he turned to Lord Vengeance?s lieutenant. ?Lock down the lower levels, I want every part of this city checked.?

Mexés nodded and then walked out to call his elite soldier squad that Vengeance had left with him.

Didn't Vengence leave Mexés there to oversee the final phases of production? Because if that's the case, shouldn't the Hutt be taking orders from him instead of the other way around?

Yeah but those were ordinary YV. These are Force wieldin, Aing-Tii trained bad a****.
    Point taken. Besides, these clones will also have additional advantage of that super-cool, near-indistructable Ooglith Slicer armour that a certain brilliant author invented during the Galactic Alliance/Yuuzhan Vong war via one of his OCs with a little help from Nen Yim. ;)

22. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    Good to see you here TW. Now all we need is CernStormrunner to come back and the old family will have returned.

I have always been here.
    (u like my Kosh impression?)

23. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Didn't Vengence leave Mexés there to oversee the final phases of production? Because if that's the case, shouldn't the Hutt be taking orders from him instead of the other way around?

Bob: It's Texaa's city, and Mexés is a big super-badass martial arts dude. Texaa is just giving him orders hoping that Mexés will interpret it as an order from Vengeance that the Hutt is voicing. Afterall, they don't want their secret projects wrecked do they?

I have always been here.
    (u like my Kosh impression?)

Cern: While I'm glad you're here, who is Kosh? ;)

24. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    OK kids (yes, I know most of you are older than me ;))

Time for an update.

25. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Coruscant, Negative Race Capital Headquarters

Governor-Controller Sco?lar sat back in the high-backed stone throne, surrounded by favoured members of the high ranks of the Children of the Ancients in this galaxy. Sco?lar was in charge of the entire galaxy, and had been for decades. The OverView Committee and through them the Ancients had appointed him to this most honourable position, and he was not afraid to use that fact to pull rank on any dissenters.

Around the court, serving droids walked, rolled and hovered around to serve the honoured members with food and beverages. One of Sco?lar?s first acts as Governor was to keep the droid lines established by the previous occupants of the galaxy running. They were invaluable and extremely useful, and saved countless numbers of manpower for the most dishonourable jobs.

For the benefit of his guests, Sco?lar had summoned all kinds of entertainment for the night, allowing the high-ranking servants of the Gods to revel and relax in their victory over the heathens of the universe. Various predators had battled this night, and creatures bred for their musical attributes produced soothing songs designed to relax.

But Sco?lar had saved the most impressive, albeit controversial entertainment for last.

?Bring out the Trickster,? he shouted into the air, clapping his hands. While no one in visible range moved, someone somewhere in the room was moving to do his bidding.

To the side of the great court, two huge armoured doors were physically moved aside by the two giant menial labour species at the edge of the room. Through the giant doors, a tiny figure walked through. His facial features were smooth, and he wore no armour or had any of the signs of being a Child of the Ancient.

He was human.

?Yu?Ono,? Sco?lar said into the silence, as the shock of the high-ranking Controllers in the room had rendered them mute. ?Perform some tricks for us. We?re all dying to be entertained.?

Which was true. The gladiatorial duel between the krayt dragon and the rakamat had not been interesting at all.

The small boy nodded in submission, and then produced a number of small cubes from his pocket. To the astonishment of the Controllers, the cubes were levitated into thin air. As the crowd watched more, their jaws dropped.

The child was standing there, motionless, staring at the cubes. As his eyes moved in one direction, the cubes moved with them. As they rolled in another, the cubes moved in tandem with them.

One of the Controllers in the crowd stood up, his face having had enough by the fury written all over it.

?Governor-Controller,? he said, anger fuelling his words and carrying it around the remarkable acoustics of the court.

?Commandant-Controller Yat?sun?cuu,? Sco?lar answered neutrally.

?That,? the Commandant said sharply, stabbing a pointed finger at the young human child, ?is an insult to our Gods the Ancients. Did they not decree in the beginning of time that we needed to destroy the accidental after-effects of their creation of the cosmos??

?That is true,? Sco?lar answered, eyes staring hard at the Commandant. ?But what is also true is that Yu?Ono is extremely gifted. The Ancients also decreed that we allow creatures of beauty to survive.?

The Commandant did not agree.

?So it does tricks,? he said derisively, ?It does not mean that it is a thing of beauty. All it means that this power has gone to your head.?

The congregation of Controllers all gasped in shock at the blatant insubordination, but Commandant Yat and his supporters stood fast, daring the Governor-Controller to show more evidence of corruption.

?This power,? Sco?lar spat, ?was given to me by the Ancients themselves. They appointed me to rule this galaxy, and so I shall until the day I die.?

Commandant-Controller Yat and his supporters, mostly Fleet Controllers of various bases, all stared at their political enemy in temporary defeat. And then as one they

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.