main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Way of the Truth *UPDATED & COMPLETED 9/11+ Dramatis Personae for The New Invasion: NJO Edition*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Spike2002, Dec 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    No, Nom Anor will not appear in this story. The only Yuuzhan Vong-involved scenes in this story will be Tsavong and Anakin and the kid, and the Yuuzhan Vong army Vengeance will throw against the Negative Race.

2. Sie

Sie Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2004
    This is a fascinating story. I love the way you have given these new aliens a detailed background to their motivations as well as a history of what they've done to the galaxy. I'll be reading your other stories too soon.

Keep up the good work. I can't wait for the Yuuzhan Vong attack.

3. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Thanks for the praise. I do my best :)

Now where's Kobe and Cern? Hmmm, might even PM TW to see if she's up for a read and reply.

4. Sie

Feb 9, 2004
    Thanks for the praise. I do my best

Your best is certainly better than a lot of EU authors' efforts.

5. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Your best is certainly better than a lot of EU authors' efforts.

:eek:

Thanks. But I'm not a professional author like the EU authors, I don't think comparing me to them is really a good idea.

Although I think my stories are far better than Crystal Star and Planet of Twilight ;)

6. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Well I'm going home for the weekend, so expect an update on Monday, rather than Sunday.

7. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Anakin Skywalker walked aimlessly through the streets of Coruscant, studying the strange species around him. Under the cover of the living sheath, he was simply another member of their race minding their own business.

One thing he noticed about these streets, which were in the lower levels, was that there was no sign of crime anywhere. Something was keeping the citizens in line. Either it was undying loyalty to their gods, or the two smugglers he had hitched the ride with hadn?t overrated the terrible soldiers of this race.

Shifting uncomfortably with the painful ooglith masquer, he recalled the pain as it had wrapped itself around him.

?Is it always this painful?? he had demanded angrily.

Keira had laughed long and hard at his discomfort, until managing to gain control of herself.

?Yes, it was designed that way,? she had finally answered him. ?The Yuuzhan Vong designed them, and they venerate pain. Or at least they did until the Negative Race wiped them out.?

?Yuuzhan Vong?? he had said, staring at her in puzzlement. ?Never heard of them.?

The blonde had just given him one of those, ?[i]there?s things you don?t know about that could fill a holonovel?[/i] looks and handed him an ugly, writhing worm.

?And what are these?? he had demanded after studying it in disgust. He had never liked insects since the incident on Geonosis.

?This is a tizowyrm,? she had said cheerfully. ?You put them in your ears and they translate languages for you.?

?They actually work?? he had retorted.

?Worked for the Vong.?

[hr]

So, wearing a living sheath whose pores stabbed into his skin causing no amount of discomfort, and a wriggling worm that did its job but still gave him the creeps as it was wriggling around his brain and ears, he walked through the streets as non-descript as he could get.

Coming to a stop, he suddenly realised where he had come to: The Outlander Club.

Staring hard at the entrance, he recalled the conversation he had had the last time he had walked inside there.

?[i]Why do I get the feeling you?ll be the death of me[/i]?? Obi-Wan had said to him.

?[i]Don?t say that Master, you?re the closest thing I have to a father[/i],? he had responded.

And Obi-Wan had been right. He had killed him. He may have been Darth Vader when he had struck him down, but all the same. He had been the death of his best friend and mentor.

[hr]

Before he knew it, he was inside the Outlander Club. It was certainly different since the time he had gone inside with Obi-Wan, chasing the bounty hunter that had tried to kill Padme. One thing that was different was that the species were all Negative Race civilians.

That was the only difference. The females in here were all as scantily clad as the women had been all those centuries ago.

Staring at the crowd in the club, he walked straight into something hard, and found himself at the bar. Shifting for a moment, he then sat down on a tall stool. Then something nudged his arm.

Turning around, he found himself face to face with a Negative Race civilian. The civilian was tall, and his face was all cracked, a lot like the Weequay?s but not as leathery. Inside his frayed lips his teeth were all broken and black.

?You wanna buy some death sticks?? the monstrosity asked him. Thankfully, the tizowyrm translated his words beautifully and Anakin had no trouble understanding.

?You don?t want to sell me death sticks!? he responded forcefully, putting some edge into his voice and strengthening them with the Force.

The civilian just looked at him in puzzlement.

?You want to go home and rethink your life,? Anakin said, speaking the Negative Race dialect perfectly.

Sneering, the civilian straightened up and loomed over Anakin.

?I do not need to rethink anything in my life, scum,? he snarled. ?I should make an example of you right here and now.?

Anakin backed away. He had no lightsaber and he wasn?t sure of ho

8. Sie

Feb 9, 2004
    Aww, and I was expecting Anakin to fight Lah :(

Still, with the two warriors together, they could cause a lot of damage.

9. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Aww, and I was expecting Anakin to fight Lah

Still, with the two warriors together, they could cause a lot of damage.

Who says Anakin and Lah don't get on each other's nerves from time to time?

And yeah, two of the biggest mass murderers in history should have no problem causing some damage.

10. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Hope you don't mind, mate, but I thought I'd just say congratulations to lordmaul13, who has just become an uncle. :D

11. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Hehe. The Odd Couple for the SW galaxy. :p

LMAO@Anakin trying to do what Obi-Wan did. [face_laugh]

12. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    LMAO@Anakin trying to do what Obi-Wan did

Never attempt a mind trick on an extragalactic alien ;)

13. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    This needs an up.

Where are the rest of my readers? I'm feeling all lonely in here.

14. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    [off-camera along the bar, Ben Kenobi glances briefly sideways, shakes his head, and returns to slowly dwelling on his pint of ether]

:D

- The Imperial Ewok

15. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    LOL.

He's just a big alcoholic that guy Obi-Wan...

16. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    [elsewhere off-camera, Achk Med-Beq and Dannl Faytonni are spotted talking to Ayy Vida] :p

17. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    The NR arent being too thorough are they?

18. Kaileron

Kaileron Jedi Master star 2

Jun 30, 2003
    Time for me to post something, poor spike: all alone with no readers.... j/k ;)

I like the story, Anakin and Tsavong could be such a nice couple. I expect them to wipe out civilisations like good ol' times ;)

Hm, the part is so short! I WANT MORE CHAPTERS EVERY SUNDAY! :D lol

Its seemply keeping to long! :)

Btw, some friends on sg1archive who arent member of fanforce express their excitement as Anakin has returned just as Lah ;)

Keep up the good work :)

19. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Well, I'm only updating because writing new chapters is quite slow and I want to keep my story flowing well so there's no delays.

When I finish the story we'll probably go back to the Wednesday and Sunday update format.

And I'm glad your friends are expressing their excitement at this new collaboration.

20. Sie

Feb 9, 2004
    I found this on Page 3. We can't have that.

21. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    It sank that low? Musta been a busy posting day today.

22. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
  23. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Because I'm going home, and I'm in a very generous mood, I'm going to give you an update today. And if I'm in a good mood when I come back on Monday, I might give you another update :)

24. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Anakin Skywalker sat in a quiet corner of the Outlander Club opposite a creature he had never before encountered, but seemed to know him anyway.

?How did you know I was a Jedi?? he asked, trying to break the ice since they had sat in silence for a few moments.

The creature, who looked every bit like a Negative Race civilian, but obviously wasn?t, was staring from his table at the crowd of Negative Race men and scantily clad women all around the club.

?Infidels, all,? he snarled under his breath. Then he turned away from the crowd to face Anakin.

?My people have certain ways to identify Jeedai,? he began explaining. ?Coupled with the fact that Yuuzhan Vong are experts in detecting ooglith masquers when they are worn by non-Yuuzhan Vong.?

Anakin raised his eyebrows.

?Really?? he said in a very sarcastic tone. ?You can tell, just like that??

The alien?s eyes narrowed.

?My people created the Ooglith Masquer,? he stated, straightening with pride. ?They are undetectable by any sort of civilian scanners that are not configured to find them. My people managed to infiltrate this galaxy for fifty of your years without any detection.?

?And your people?are the Yuuzhan Vong?? Anakin said, although he had a feeling he already knew the answer.

?Yes.?

?Finally, I meet someone who can tell me about all these things I keep hearing about.? Anakin thought.

?Your name is Tsavong Lah, right??

?Correct Jeedai.?

?My name is Anakin Skywalker,? and he reached out his hand to shake Lah?s. Unfortunately, Lah stared at the hand in undisguised disgust, and then stared at him.

?You are a relation of the Jeedai Warmaster Luke Skywalker?? he asked, voice heavy with danger.

?He is?was?my son.?

The Yuuzhan Vong brooded for a moment.

?My domain and your domain are blood enemies, Jeedai. I have been responsible for the death of your grandson, and your granddaughter caused the deaths of my father, my son, and myself.?

Anakin frowned.

?Yourself?? he asked suspiciously.

?I was brought back from the afterlife Jeedai. I broke out of some cylinder that was keeping me prisoner and managed to board a freighter to this planet. My body has its original limbs, there are no coral implantations to mark my honour. I can only conclude that in some way, I was brought back to life.?

?Cloned,? Anakin thought.

?What is past is past, Tsavong Lah,? Anakin said. ?We have more important things to worry about than our family?s blood feud.?

The Yuuzhan Vong turned to regard the revelling crowd of dancers.

?The Neega?tif Race,? he snarled. ?They destroyed my people. And they destroyed yours. We could be the few non-Neega?tif left in this galaxy.?

?I was brought here by two natives,? Anakin said. ?They were working for a bigger organisation of?well, I?m not sure. Refugees perhaps. They were under the control of a Hutt.?

At mention of this, Lah spat on the ground.

?It pains me to see that the Hutts still exist to this day, millennia after I ordered them wiped out.?

?You ordered the Hutts wiped out?? Anakin said, his jaw dropping.

Tsavong nodded back.

?I like this guy already.?

Over at the central part of the club, a hush descended over the denizens as something made its presence known. Anakin and Lah looked over to see what was happening. It seemed the death stick dealer was being arrested.

?Something?s wrong,? he observed. ?Nobody turns that silent when someone is arrested. Especially in the lower levels.?

?You will see, [i]Jeedai[/i].?

Dragging the death stick dealer to his feet, were two civilians in a uniform. It reminded Anakin partially of the red armour worn by the Coruscant Guard during the height of the Empire.

?No one can be afraid of them,? he snorted to Lah. ?I think all this hype about the Negative Race has to be scare stories and rumour??

He trailed off as something huge

25. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Spike: ?I like this guy already.?

:D [face_laugh]

Great post... but, heck, this is Vader we're talking about... bullets just bounce off him, remember?

- The Impeiral Ewok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.