main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA The way the world sees us?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Adalia-Durron , Nov 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nawara-Ven

Nawara-Ven Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    ewwwwwwwwww.............................

can't drink beer, tastes too much like yeast, which reminds me of something I don't want to be reminded of.

A nice bottle of locally produced white wine will suffice, thankyou. Seems that we're forgetting that SA is one of the wine making CAPITALS of the world. Hmmmm?

:)

2. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    Cool, you keep all the wine!
    LEAVES MORE BEER FOR ME !!!!!!!!!
    Wahooooooo!!!!

3. Brun-Farron

Brun-Farron Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2004
    i dont think people should wine.......we should be happy and not complain about things.... :D

yes, i know....lame joke.... "would you like some cheese with your whine?" o_O

what other international misconceptions are there then? do no-one understand us Orsee's?

i remember an old boss telling me about leading some american friends on, with a picture he took in Flinders Rangers - a silhouette at sundown, of an old homestead, a single gum tree, and a kangaroo in long grass........he told them it was his house, in King William street.....

imagine their surprise when the taxi drops them off in the city from the airport.........he explained to them that the government made him give the land to them to build the Statebank building on, but gave him very little money for it....and the city had grown some

funnily, he really DID have a pet kangaroo.....which made it hard for them to beleive that he was pulling their leg, once he tried to come clean a week later...

"yeah, man....but you HAVE got a kangaroo, man.....the Government stiffed you, dude......dont deniy you are angry about it, man.....the Man is keeping you down, dude......see, thats why you need to have looser gun control laws, man.....see?"

....er, what was i saying again?

oh, yeah....anyone else got a story?

:D

4. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    NO offence is intended.

WORLD HEALTH SURVEY

Last month, a worldwide survey was conducted by the World Health Organization of the United Nations.

The question was: "Would you please give your honest opinion about solutions to the food shortage in the rest of the world?"

The survey was a huge failure......

In Africa they did not know what "food" meant.

In Eastern Europe they did not know what "honest" meant.

In Western Europe they did not know what "shortage" meant.

In China they did not know what "opinion" meant.
    In the Middle East they did not know what "solutions" meant.

In South America they did not know what "please" meant.

And in the USA they did not know what "the rest of the world" meant.

5. Nawara-Ven

Nawara-Ven Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    [face_laugh]

love the one about the USA.....

so, does this mean that us Aussies are one of a very few nations in the world who are actually aware of the rest of the world? interesting.....
    :)

6. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    LOL!! Nice one Kooky I think it makes the only country able to complete the survey...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.