main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Way to a Jedi's Heart - lighthearted Sabé/Obi-Wan humor/romance -- > CH4!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SobiFan, Jul 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SobiFan

SobiFan Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    The Way to a Jedi?s Heart
    By SobiFan
    Summary: Sabé, young and fresh out of culinary school, decides to give cooking at the Jedi Temple a try. It is there that she falls in love with the young Obi-Wan, and meets with the jealous Siri. Sabé/Obi-Wan, baby!
    Rating: PG

Author?s notes: Hello everyone! Thanks for stopping by to read. I am writing this as I go along, it's an idea that just sprang into my head - and I had to write it! This is a Sabé/Obi-Wan fic all the way, baby! With some jealous Siri as well. Muaha. Anyways, Sabé is a major goofball in this fic? and Obi-Wan is most certainly out-of-character, as you?ll see. This is just a lighthearted, Alternate Universe story. I hope you like it :D and please, please review, it gives me motivation to write more!

Chapter 1 - Sabé, Chef Extraordinaire

Sabé happily made her way to the Jedi Temple. Sure, she was only sixteen, sure, she had never been to Coruscant before, but she felt confident, what with her best pots and pans in tow, and a Certificate Of Completion from the Naboo Culinary Arts Academy squished up somewhere with the pots.

People she passed looked at her oddly, maybe because of all the clanking coming from inside the bag she carried over her shoulder. But Sabé didn?t notice, she only hummed loudly to herself, and stared curiously at all the strange alien creatures she passed. There had been a lot of strange alien creatures on the starfreighter she had traveled on, she had even approached one and asked it, ?What?s it like to have three eyes??

Luckily, Freighter Security had restrained the creature. What was the big deal, anyway? Sabé had to wonder, happily shrugging her shoulders.

It was only a few more moments walk to the Jedi Temple. Sabé would have taken an air taxi, but had little money to spare. When Sabé finally arrived at the Temple, she stopped and tilted her head back all the way. The building was incredibly tall. It was actually like a small city built above everything else, from the looks. Sabé hurried up the stairs, pots clanking, and entered.

Inside everything was a soft color, like gray and muted blue. Boring? Sabé thought. But it was no matter ? she could probably persuade the Council to paint the interior neon green someday anyways.

Sabé went up the desk that looked like a place where visitors should go. At it sat a solemn looking female dressed in Jedi robes.

?Hello! My name is Sabé!? Sabé said brightly to the Jedi.

?Hello.? The Jedi said monotonously, looking dreadfully bored and serious.

?I?ve come to see about cooking for the Jedi! I just graduated from the Naboo Culinary Arts Academy!? Sabé said animatedly, tossing her bag on the desk, and leaning her elbows on the smooth surface.

The Jedi looked at the bag for a very long moment, and then back to Sabé. With a deep sigh, the Jedi waved her hand in a very sluggish way at a sullen looking blonde-haired girl, who was just entering from the doorway Sabé had come through.

?Yeah?? The girl asked. She sounded a lot like the receptionist Jedi, only instead of just bored and serious, the girl sounded slightly rebellious.

?Take Miss Sabé to see Master Yoda.?

Sabé grinned, grabbed her bag, and followed the blonde-haired Jedi to one of the lifts.

?This is so exciting, being in a Jedi Temple and stuff,? Sabé said. The girl looked annoyed and punched the button on the lift harder than necessary. The lift zoomed upwards, and Sabé laughed. ?This is fun!? she cried.

?So what?s your name? Do you like being a Jedi? And it must be so boring to wear those silly Jedi outfits all the time,? Sabé said happily.

The girl looked at Sabé silently, lips drawn thin. ?My name is Siri, and I want you to shut up.? She said flatly.

?Oh, alright.? Sabé said agreeably. ?I?ll be quiet. You know those people who you tell to be quiet, and then they just don?t shut up? Those people are so annoying. Speaking of annoying people, I once knew this-?

?We?re here!? Siri said in a loud exasperated voice, and hurried out of the lift. They had

2. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    And then the boy then looked at Sabé. He was undeniably handsome; and as their eyes met, Sabé could have sworn they shared a moment just like in the holomovies ? where a beautiful young woman saw a handsome young man, and the two instantly fell in love, and smiled at each other.

I think I know who the boy was Sabé was staring at and making Sabé a graduated clutzy cook is genius! It's different, new and interesting.

Can't wait to read more :D

~aeryn

3. JazzyJedi

JazzyJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2000
    Yeah, it is nice to see something besides another TPM rewrite as their introduction. I'm very much looking forward to more, especially if it means Siri gets her comeuppance! ;D

4. SobiFan

May 7, 2003
    Chapter 2 ? Crepe Cakes and Clever Plans of Revenge

Sabé was having a very nice dream. The handsome boy she had fallen in love with moments ago bent over her. His eyes were astonishingly blue, and he looked even more handsome close-up. Sabé sighed deeply, and then noticed that he was not the only one bent over her, a tiny, funny looking green creature was also bent over her, making odd noises. He had large, green, hairy ears. Sabé wanted to pull on them. And she did. Only when she felt the coarse hair and bumpy skin of his ears under her hands, and heard his astonished yelp as she yanked, did she realize she was not dreaming.

She immediately sat up, and noticed more people and creatures, all of them dressed in Jedi robes, were gathered around Sabé, who had been lying spread-eagled on the floor. The little green creature stepped back slightly, and wiggled his ears, as if to test and see if they still worked.

?What happened?? Sabé asked, rubbing her head gingerly.

?You ran into a wall.? Siri said, stepping out from behind the Jedi gathered around Sabé. She smiled for the first time. But it wasn?t a nice smile; it was a smile of mocking amusement.

?Wow!? Sabé said, ignoring Siri. ?How long was I out? Like five hours??

?More like five seconds.? Siri said dryly.

?Hmm.? Said the green creature. ?Strong grip, you have.?

?Oh, thank you.? Said Sabé, blushing moderately at such a compliment, and glanced at the boy, who was watching her with a silent smile. He offered her his hand, and Sabé shyly took it, and stood up shakily, and then reluctantly let go of his hand, not able to look away from the boy and his eyes.

The green creature exchanged a glance with a tall, dark skinned man, who shrugged and folded his arms.

?My name is Mace Windu. Siri tells us you are a chef from Naboo.? The dark skinned man Jedi said slowly, as if he hadn?t a care in the world.

?Yes, yes I am!? Sabé said, tearing her gaze away from the blue-eyed boy. ?I can cook anything, oh please, I really want this job!?

?Can you make Nubian Crepe Cakes?? Mace Windu asked, somewhat eagerly. The rest of the Jedi looked excited at the mention of Nubian Crepe Cakes.

?Oh, yes, duh, they?re easy.? Sabé said happily with a nonchalant shrug.

?You?re hired!? exclaimed Mace Windu with great enthusiasm. The rest of the Jedi also looked happy.

Sabé clapped her hands together and grinned. ?Oh thank you!? she cried, and flung her arms around Mace Windu, who simply blinked, and then looked embarrassed. The rest of the Jedi smiled and nodded their heads. The funny green creature cleared his throat, and Sabé let Mace go.

?Obi-Wan ? Siri ? take Miss Sabé down to the kitchens, sign the forms, she should. Then show her Staff Quarters you will.?

Siri rolled her eyes, and turned to begin stalking down the hall, obviously not wanting to waste any time.

However, the boy nodded at Yoda and bowed respectfully. ?Yes master,? he said, and Sabé almost swooned right then and there. His voice was beautiful, and accented too! Sabé smiled dreamily at Obi-Wan, and resisted another sigh.

?Are you two coming or what?? Siri called huffily.

Obi-Wan nodded silently, bent and picked up Sabé?s bag of pots and pans (which made Sabé feel more amazed. He was good looking, strong, and a gentleman too?!), and started off towards Siri. Sabé followed as if in a trance. For the first time in her life, she could think of nothing to say.

When Obi-Wan and Sabé reached the lift, Siri had beat them there, and was frowning at the two, tapping her foot impatiently.

?Well come on, I don?t have all day,? she said grumpily, and led the way inside the lift. Obi-Wan glanced at Sabé as if to say ?yes, she?s always that way.?

As the lift descended, Sabé finally found her voice; although what she said was quite stupid, and made her blush as soon as she said it. ?So? you?re a Jedi huh??

Obi-Wan looked at Sabé in a nice sort of way that made her embarrassment melt away. ?Yes, I am. So? you?re a chef, huh??

S

5. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    She had found her one true love, and now all she had to do was win him, and get rid of Siri - Sabé smiled. Her plan was brilliant. This was going to be fun.

Hmmm, I wander what that plan entails :D I know it'll be good, though.

~aeryn

6. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    This fic is really funny and heartwarming. I like nice warm S/O to counter all the angst I can't wait to see how Sabe wins Obi Wan.

7. Shadowskipper

Shadowskipper Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2003
    Sobifan, this is great. I can't wait for more.

Oh, and I never got around to it, but thanks for the link to the fanlisting on the Ashes of Truth Planning thread. It's been a real help.

8. SobiFan

May 7, 2003
    Okay, now I am going to do that author-comments-on-commentors-comments! Makes sense, yes?

AERYN_SUN you betcha! The plan is quite evil, if I say so myself :eek:

Hananiah the angst does get quite overpowering, I know! :D I'm glad you like it!!

Shadowskipper likewise, I'm sure - I can't wait to read Ashes of Truth! It will be awesome, I know it!

----------------

The next chapter will be up either today, or in the new few days :p I'm still writing it, trying to make it just perfect!

9. Shadowskipper

Apr 27, 2003
    I can't wait to read Ashes of Truth! It will be awesome, I know it!

Well, glad for the vote of confidence. I was beginning to wonder. . .

Now, I have to go pester Jade to get her to write.

10. Anyanka

Anyanka Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    Aww, this is really cute, SobiFan! :D I like seeing such a light-hearted and fun Sabé. It's very different!

11. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Up :D

~aeryn

12. SobiFan

May 7, 2003
    The Way to a Jedi?s Heart
    By SobiFan

Chapter 3 ? Raving Mad Sabé

Sabé spent the rest of that day getting settled in, and acquainted with everyone in the Jedi Temple. From the many chefs, cooks, and bakers in the kitchens, to the mechanics who worked on Jedi Starfighters, to the funny green creature, who turned out to be named Yoda, she met them all. They all seemed to like her very much, she thought, and she started her job in the kitchens the very next day.

At first, it was very fresh, new and exciting, but after three weeks, life in the Jedi Temple turned out to be much more different (and much more boring) than Sabé had expected. Sabé spent most of her time cooking, baking, and cleaning kitchens, with the other boring chefs, bakers, and cooks. They were all very old, greasy and yes, boring. Obi-Wan was usually training or meditating all day, so Sabé didn?t see him as often as she would have liked.

Siri, however, liked to stop by and request difficult-to-prepare dishes every single day, sometimes more than once. Sabé smiled and prepared the dishes happily, slipping in extra amounts of lard, waiting for the right opportunity to carry out her ultimate plan. She also cooked something special for Obi-Wan every day, and delivered it to him personally at the midday-meal, a dreamy expression on her face. Siri would stab at her food angrily, and shoot laser-like glares when Obi-Wan smiled and thanked Sabé for the treat.

Sabé got her first chance to complete her ultimate plan for Siri several weeks later. Sabé was baking the Jedi?s all-time favorite dish, Nubian Crepe Cakes, when the head cook approached her. The head cook was a very fat and happy man named Skeeto, who ate almost every thing that he cooked, leaving little for anyone else? why he wasn?t fired was a mystery to everyone.

?Sabi, I went ya tew goo und geet me soom mashed rooms frum da markeet,? he said in his thick accent.

Although Sabé wasn?t sure what he had said, she nodded, took off her apron and flung it away, happy to be sent out. Skeeto gave Sabé directions, which she didn?t really understand, (goo pest da cerner av da fefth stret, und da mashed rooms be der!) but Sabé felt confident that she could find her way around. After getting directions, she hurried to her room, changed into her pale blue uniform, which was free of flour, batter, and grease, and was on her way.

She cheerfully exited the Jedi Temple, calling hello to people she knew ? which was everyone, coincidentally. She made her way into Coruscant, towards where she thought the market would be, trying to remember Skeeto?s directions. She passed many odd looking aliens, women dressed in colorful clothes, and shifty looking men. It was all so interesting and exciting, that Sabé felt immediately better about everything... she only wished Obi-Wan was there to experience it with her! It was when she came to a building with flashing lights coming from the inside, that she stopped.

The loud sounds of a dance came from inside the building, the pounding rhythms and synthesized music called to Sabé. Sabé?s eye twitched. She could get the stuff she needed for Siri?s special recipe in there ? not to mention dance. She loved to dance!

She gave it a moment more of thought ? it was late afternoon, half of an hour spent dancing wouldn?t harm anything! She dashed into the club happily. It was noisy, dark, and crowded, colored lights flashed everywhere, and fast-paced music pumped. Sabé fought the urge to dance, and went to the counter.

?Hello!? she said to the bartender, a very fat blue alien. ?My name is Sabé!? she said with a friendly smile.

He grunted, and tried to look busy by polishing a few glasses. Sabé continued. ?I want to know how to get some illegal drugs,? she explained cheerfully. The bartender looked at her strangely.

?Eh, go see Tunx, he?ll get yeh sometin,? the bartender said, pointing to a very dirty looking scoundrel, who was sitting a few stools over, surrounded by ladies in colorful clothing.

?Okay, thanks!? Sabé said, and

13. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    SobiFan, that was chapter was brilliant :D Sabé and Siri in a fight over Obi-Wan, that was too funny and I can't wait to see Sabé's plan play out :D

~aeryn

14. Anyanka

Anyanka Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    LOL that was too funny! Sabé is so bouncy and funny! :p I loved the bit about slipping lard into Siri's food. This is a very fun read, SobiFan. :)

15. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    I love this fic! even though I love Siri I love to see a sabiwan romance and this one is so different! (in a totally cool way)
    Keep writing

16. Shadowskipper

Apr 27, 2003
    Illegeal ? This is great!

17. padawanskywalker

padawanskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    Excellent chapters!

18. Jedi-Stormy

Jedi-Stormy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2003
    Excellent! I am really enjoying this...please keep writting! You are really talented at this... :)

19. SobiFan

May 7, 2003
    :eek: ooh reviewers! :D thanks so much everyone! I will be posting the next chapter soon, it's almost done. I am just being typically lazy as I am with most things ;) but it's a nice romantic-y chapter (I know that's hard to imagine with Sabé being the hyper thing she is... but it's cute!). Anyways look for it! :D

20. Shadowskipper

Apr 27, 2003
  21. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Up... Sabe's so um... carefree and naive, now what will happen at the top.

22. SobiFan

May 7, 2003
    I am going to have to put this story on a brief hiatus! I am very stressed out at the moment, so... please be patient ^.^ :D it shall be back soon!

23. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    don't make us wait too long, sobifan :D

~aeryn

24. SobiFan

May 7, 2003
    I promise on Sabé's two dotted cheeks that I shall continue this in the month of October! :D *scuttles off*

25. SobiFan

May 7, 2003
    I can't say how SORRY I am for the lateness of this chapter! I really don't think there's a good enough excuse for it, so all I'll say is I'm sorry, and I hope you enjoy this next chapter... please do review!

Chapter 4 ? A Romantic Getaway

By the time Sabé and Obi-Wan had reached the top of The Best Romantic View of Coruscant Skyscraper, Sabé was feeling nervous, shy, and wishing fervently that she hadn?t dragged Obi-Wan up there.

As they leaned against the smooth metal railing of the observance platform and looked out at the city below them, Sabé had to admit the sign on the skyscraper was right, it all had a very romantic feel to it. She peeked up at Obi-Wan. He was looking back at her in such a way that Sabé knew he was going to kiss her.

Sabé wasn?t quite sure how it happened, but their faces and bodies drew closer, and Obi-Wan did indeed kiss her. It was a nice kiss, nothing deeply passionate and it wasn?t one of those smutty kisses Sabé had read about in a holoromance? but Sabé liked it a lot.

?I love you.? She said breathlessly as Obi-Wan pulled away. ?I-I hope you don?t mind.? She added quickly, feeling a blush creep across her cheeks.

?I don?t mind,? he said in his softly accented voice, that smile of his still on his face. Sabé looked away shyly, feeling incredibly nervous again.

?Sabé, there?s something I need to tell you.? Obi-Wan said.

Sabé froze. Oh no. He was going to say he loved someone else.

?I should have told you before, but I-?

?No!? Sabé cried, and whirled to face him. ?Don?t tell me. It?s better that way!? she paused. ?No, no, actually. Tell me. I just said that because that?s what people say in holovids.?

?But you told me not to tell you,? Obi-Wan teased.

?I changed my mind!? Sabé protested.

Obi-Wan smirked, and Sabé knew he was going to tell her. This was going to hurt, and Sabé braced herself, squeezing her eyes shut tightly.

?Err ? what are you doing?? Obi-Wan asked.

?Nothing!? Sabé said. ?Tell me!?

?Alright?? he said uncertainly. ?Well, er, I have to go on a very dangerous mission with my master. I?ll be gone at least a month.?

?WHAT?!? Sabé?s eyes and mouth opened at the same time. Obi-Wan nodded somewhat sadly.

?I?m going to miss you.? He said affectionatly. ?You?re so fun to be around.?

Sabé felt her chin quivering. ?I?ll? miss you too?? she said tightly.

She grabbed him and hugged him very tightly.

?Sab?é?? he weezed. ?I can?t breathe.?

?Oh. Sorry!?

She let him go immediately, and was suddenly very interested in her shoes.

Obi-Wan just smiled.

True to his word, Obi-Wan left the next day, giving Sabé a sad smile as he departed. He had been gone no longer than five minutes, and Sabé felt bored. She wandered to the kitchens, even though it was late at night and no one wanted any foods or meals. She sat on a stool and quietly thought about serious matters - which was surprising to herself and probably you as well - but she thought her serious thoughts, about Obi-Wan, the future, the annoying smell of Siri's perfume... what?

Sabé whirled around to see Siri, still fully clothed in her Jedi uniform, hands on her hips. "What are you doing?" she asked Sabé.

"Nothing." Sabé said guardedly, watching Siri closely. She just didn't trust the slightly-chubby blonde haired girl, and she was more than ready to defend herself, in the event of attack.

"Look, you lousy cook," Siri said, stepping forward and poking Sabé in the shoulder. "You're a-"

The sudden noise of pots and pans clattering shattered the silence, and made both girls jump. Siri's eyes went wide.

"What was that?" she squeaked.

Sabé grabbed the nearest pot and leapt to her feet, squinting towards the direction from which the sound had come.

"Shh!" she said to Siri, and watched carefully for a bit of movement - there! - she leapt forward, pot in hand, drew it back, and then swung it full force.

It was Tunx. An unconcious Tunx. Sabé shook her head sadly. "Now, Mr. Tunx, I told you about the secret

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.