main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Ways Of The Force (OCs, Anakin, others. Drama, angst, action, romance, ect. PT era.)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alley_Skywalker, Dec 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    Title: The Ways Of The Force
    Author: Alley_Skywalker
    Genre: Drama, angst, romance (in later chapters), action, a bit of humor there and here
    Timeline: Pre-TPM and all the way through the PT
    Characters: OCs, Anakin, Obi-Wan makes a few appearances.
    Summary: The Force has always been strong with Jedi Lexxa Lysk but problems with her master, her forbidden love for a fellow padawan, and the whole feeling of being diffrent have alwats made her wonder if she belongs in the Order.
    Author Nots: This fic'll start when Lexxa is an intiate and go all the way to ROTS. I know that the summary is a bit wierd but I suck at them so give it a chance. Oh and this is more of an introductory chap :)

[image=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f397/Alley_411/TWOTF.jpg]

Chapter 1: First Trial

She was undoubtedly one of the most talented initiates in her group. When the other younglings looked at Lexxa Lysk they saw someone with a high chance of become the padawan of a great Jedi knight or even a Master though Force new that none of the council members where considering padawan?s, haven?t considered taking on a learner for a while actually. And that Friday was no different. Everyone saw a talented classmate, not the nervous wreck the girl really was.

The small class of young initiates of about 6 to eight years of standard age settled against the back wall of a small training room. This was Lexxa?s first year out of the crèche and in an initiate group. She liked living in a dormitory with her age mates rather then being packed in with children as young as one and a half standard years of age who had only recently learned to walk. But that day was testing day. The group had just learned their first hand-to-hand combat kata. And now they would be performing it, one by one. In front of the whole class.

Lexxa was a friendly girl. In the crèche she had been known as outgoing. But she wasn?t big on friends these days. Even though she had only been out of the crèche for four months she had already earned her place in a small corner. Partly because her classmates envied her and partly because a loner like quality had started to peek through in her personality. She was content in curling up with a datapad and writing rather then chatting with a large group of friends.

Now the six-year-old girl sat at the end of the line with her back against the wall. Her brown hair was pulled up into a high pony tail. Her black eyes were alerted and darted to the master who had just entered the class. The group of younglings jumped to their feet and bowed, chorusing a ?Good morning Master Andes? in the process. They retook their seats and Lexxa went back to fidgeting with the folds of her tunic.

?Victor Arbatskii.?

A huminoid boy with a shock of blond curls that were outlined with black jumped from his seat and stumbled to the middle of the floor.

Lexxa watched him with partial attention. She was more interested in her own thoughts. It was rather a shock when she herd her name being called and saw that a Twi?lek girl, Anisia, was retreating back to her seat. Lexxa stumbled to her feat and advanced to the middle of the floor.

?Ready stance for your Kata.?

She took the ready stance with her feet at shoulder width and her arms were spread out slightly so that they were parallel to her legs/ ?Son-Ghom 3, Master.?

?Begin.?

She took one breath and then started the kata. Lexxa stepped forward with her left foot and executed a knife hand strike. Then in a fluid motion changed it to a double block. As she went on the movements became automatic. She kept her breathing even as she counted her beat. Front Kick. Round Kick. Knife Hand Low. Knife Hand High. Punch. Punch, Spin. Spear Hand. Spear Hand. Step and Low Block. Punch. Jump Front Kick. Punch. Step with the other foot and Low Block. Punch. Left Jump Front Kick. Step and strike. Backfist. Spin and strike. Backfist. Repeat first six moves backwards. Stop!

Lexxa froze and then after a moments pause straightened

2. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    Nice start Padawan!

I like how you're developing the characters here and you've done a really great job describing the action sequences during the test. Bravo!!

=D=

3. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    Nice beginning. You do a nice job of describing what she looks like and you begin to take us into her personality. Good job. :)

4. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    oqidaun: OOh thank you, Master! I was really hoping that I wouldn't mess up the first impression. Hehe you know how I can get with character developement:p

Bale Thanks I'm glad you liked it ;)

Chapter 2: Padawan Choosing Day

?Force this is exciting!? Lenna cheered.

Nine year old Lexxa rolled over in bed rubbing her eyes. ?Lenna it?s SO early. What in the galaxy are you so hyper about? Please don?t tell me you ate two bags of muja candy like last time.?

?No! Of course not!? her roommate gushed happily. ?I can?t believe you actually forgot! Today?s Padawan Choosing day!?

Lexxa bolted up into a sitting position, now fully awake. ?Force! I so hope that I?ll be chosen today!?

?I saw Master Nova watching you during saber training yesterday. Besides, what are you worried about? You?ve got plenty of time? Lenna commented as she threw her gold hair into a high pony tail and then twirled it into a bun.

?But I passed the exams to be available for choosing nine months ago!?

?So? You turned nine a week ago Lexi. You know that the knights don?t want apprentices that young. They want them somewhere around ten. Everyone knows that.?

?Yea sure. Everyone already knows that you?ll be chosen by Master Con?rey? Lexxa grumbled as she slid out of bed and started to pull on a clean tunic.

?For certain that is not. Choose another padawan he might. Always in motion the future is.?

The girls burst out laughing at Lenna?s imitation of Master Yoda and tumbled out into the hallway, still giggling. Usually the halls were quiet at seven in the morning, most of the initiates were just starting to wake up. But Padawan Choosing days, that happened once ever three months, were different. Everyone was way too excited to sleep. Lenna and Lexxa chatted happily as they were swept along with the rest of the crowd to breakfast. They met Galahan, Gal for short, at the entrance of the cafeteria. By that time Lenna was bubbling over with excitement. ?Force it?s crowded in here!? Lenna exclaimed. ?I?ll go get the food and you guys go find seats.?

After finding some open chairs the two sat down opposite of each other. ?So do you think you?ll be chosen today?? Lexxa asked as she fiddled with the edges of her tunic.

Galahan was a year older then her and Lenna. His jet-black hair streaked naturally with bright neon green stripes was calmed back as usual. His intense green eyes watched her for a moment with extreme scrutiny. ?I don?t think so. I?I might end up in the AgriCorps.?

Lexxa flinched involuntarily. What every initiate feared was the AgriCorps. ?Gal, you?re ten! You?ve still god three years to go.?

?It?s the visions? he muttered. Galahan?s one big talent was Force Visions.

?Well you know what Yoda says. Careful you must be, when looking into the future you are. Always in motion the future is.?

Gal smiled appreciatively as Lenna came skidding over to the table with two trays loaded with food. ?These are for the three of us? She explained as she plopped down into a chair. ?So Gal? How much ya wanna bet that Lexi is gonna be chosen by Master Nova??

Lexxa snorted. ?In another lifetime maybe. She has an apprentice already. Adam I think it is. Adam Baancs.?

Lenna nodded and hurried to swallow her mouthful. ?So it is. Time for him to be knighted already don?t you think??
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

The large chamber in which the choosing was to be conducted was filling up quickly as the hour of the choosing approached. The initiates stood in three strait even rows along one wall while the knights took their places alongside the opposite wall.

?Lenna. Psst, Lenna, look. Master Con?rey?s here? Lexxa whispered inclining her head toward the tall Twi?lek with green skin and brown robes that had a gold tint to them.

Lenna stood a little straighter. Lexxa could have laughed. Lenna was so sure that she would be chosen. The hope had been planted into her heart and mind after Master Con?rey started coming to the training rooms

5. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    Oh and here's a pic of Lexxa as an initiate/young padawan (click for clarity)

[image=http://www.starmania.com/CourtneeDraper/images/hh.jpg]

6. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    Hi everyone! So here's the third chapter. I'll probbly be posting more regulatly from now on, about one a week. If you want to be PMed when I update just tell me :)

Chapter 3: Lottos

The small training room was full of the noise of humming training lightsabers. The initiates had just been pared up into sparring pairs and all had taken ready stances. The signal to start was given and the young Jedi started circling around each other methodically. Lexxa watched her sparring partner intently. If it was her choice she would be sparring Lenna or Gal but the saber master had pared then this time. Braid Krepht was her sparring partner on this particular day. He was a head taller and of a strong build. But that wasn?t what she disliked about him. The huminoid was a compete bully. Well as much a bully as a Jedi got but she hated the way he looked straight through her in total disregard. Ok not hated?.disliked.

?Ten minutes until class ends? she thought trying to make herself focus. There was no need for dwelling on her dislike of him. She ran forward swinging her lightsaber in a tight arch. Braid blocked it confidently and attempted to strike back but Lexxa was too quick for him. She ducked and attempted a low slice quickly then brining her lightsaber into a high block position in order to parry Braid?s counter attack.

As the initiates spared a young knight with black curly hair and durasteel eyes appeared in the doorway. He made his way nonchalantly into a corner and leaning against the wall proceeded to watch the dueling initiates with a cool gaze, arms folded across his chest. He zeroed in on the young girl in the corner who was sparring a boy a head taller then her and was content to study her every move.

?Master Lottos, a pleasure to see you here.?

Lottos bowed curtly to the saber master.
    ?I hope I?m not intruding, Master Til.?

?No, not at all. Tell me Ser-Gay, you haven?t actually been thinking about taking on a padawan??

The twenty-seven-year-old knight smirked. ?I?m picky Rudolph. But I think I have my eye on a certain young initiate.? Something slightly disturbing glinted in the tall knight?s eyes that made Master Til feel uncomfortable.

?So which one will it be then, if that?s not a secret? This is a rather talented group.?

Lottos looked out into the sea of potentials. His eyes focused on the girl in the corner again and he smiled vaguely.

Master Til traced Lottos? gaze and smiled knowingly. ?Lexxa Lysk then eh? May I make a suggestion Ser-Gay??

?Go on? Lottos confirmed sharply as though waiting for a personal attack.

?It?s just she?s? I?m afraid you two will clash too much. She has a temper.?

?A temper can be tamed with training and I?d rather have a padawan that needs taming rather then a couch potato? Lottos said harshly.

?Suit yourself? Master Til shrugged, taken aback by the sudden outburst. ?Now if you excuse me I?ve got a class to dismiss.?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lexxa slipped into the empty training room an hour after class was dismissed. She liked spending time here. Meditation never worked for her the way it did for Gal. She meditated better while in action.

She unclipped her training saber from her belt and twirled the hilt in one hand. She took a ready poison and complied to working through a routine that she had set for herself over the years, adding on gradually as she gain experience and learned new maneuvers/ This gave her at east twenty minutes of kata?s to keep herself occupied with.

She was about half way trough when she suddenly became aware of being watched. She wondered who it was. She was sure that it wasn?t Gal or Lenna for she would have recognized their Force signatures instantly. It wasn?t any of the masters ether, she decided after reaching out with the Force. And probably not even any one of her classmates. She was sure none of them would come here during their free time.

She didn?t stop the flow and flurry of movements even as she pondere

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I've only read the first chapter, but I fell in love with Lexxa. She's a very realistic OC! =D= on a job well done! :D

8. oqidaun

Jul 20, 2005
    Great update. I agree with Momma Vader, Lexxa has a very "real" feel to her.
    Also I'm interested in this Master Lotto, he seems a bit dark. I like the mystery you've tinged his character with. Very nice!

I'm anxious to see where this goes.

Make sure you PM me.

=D=

9. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    Hi everyone! Sorry for the latenes but DRL caught up to me and I found myself slightly over my head.[face_frustrated] But it's here now!

VaderLVR64: Thanks. I'm glad you like her ;)

oqidaun: Ahh yes Lottos... In all honesty, Master her's gonna give me the hardest time:p He'll be back again soon :)

Chapter 4: Force Fun

Lexxa sat cross legged near the back wall of the training room. Lenna and Gal were sitting across from her. The young girl twirled the handle of her level 3 training lightsaber from one hand to the other.

?Master Til never comes this late? Gal said suddenly, looking up.

?Hmmm? Lexxa hummed distractedly as she kept staring at a girl that sat with Braid, another boy, and two more girls a little distance away from the group of three. Lenna watched Lexxa for a moment then turned around. She looked at the girl that Lexxa was staring at. Her pigtails were bristling slightly, her hair moving as though rippled by a breeze. But surely there wasn?t enough air movement in the room for that? ?Umm?Lexi what are you trying to do to Asta??

Lexxa ignored her and then she grinned as though she had finally reached something that she had been trying to get a grip on. Then she outstretched her hand just a bit and flexed it in quick jerky movements. Suddenly Asta?s pigtails started to jump, jerk, and twitch. The girl screamed and grabbed at her hair. She spun around, looking for the offender. Lexxa stopped her staring and pretended to be focused on twirling her lightsaber handle. Instantly the pigtails stopped their dance.

By then the room was full of laughter and giggling. Lenna was laughing heartily with the rest and Gal smiled broadly, it wasn?t easy to get him loud and excited, the opposite of Lenna. Lexxa couldn?t help but flash a guilty yet gleeful smile at her friends.

Asta rose, looking quit stern, and made her way over to Lexxa and her friends. Braid and another girl followed her. ?So? Asta asked, stopping right in front of Lexxa, ?What do you have to say for yourself??

?Why? Should I?? Lexxa retorted.

?Look here?I know that all that was your doing!?

?Prove it? Lexxa said staring Asta straight in the eyes. The other girl behind Asta started to look uncomfortable.

?Yea!? Lenna piped up ?Prove it!?

?No one asked you? Braid snapped. ?Or you know? he said turning to Asta with a sneer, ?Maybe it was meditation boy over here.? He indicated Gal.

Gal looked up at Braid with seeming indifference but Lexxa felt the tremor of fear that came clearly across through the Force. Braid must have felt it too because his smile widened. ?You leave him alone!? Lexxa shouted jumping up so that she was right in front of Braid. She felt Gal tugging at her tunic telling her to sit down. Gal wasn?t one for fights.

?Hey guys!? he finally called out, trying desperately to prevent a fight. The whole training room was quiet by then, curious initiates edged in closer to better see and hear what was going on. ?Can?t we just settle this calmly? Like Jedi.?

Lexxa looked reluctant but seemed to be willing to proclaim a temporary truce. Braid, however, had different plans. ?Duel.?

?What?? Lexxa sputtered. But before she knew it the whole training room was filled with cheering initiates, chanting the same thing over and over again. ?Duel! Duel! Duel! Duel!?

X3 X3 X3

Jedi knight Roe Tassel had gladly agreed to teach the class of young initiates that day. The children always had a positive effect on him. Possibly he could choose for himself a new padawan. Or maybe not. He had seen the knighting of 2 padawans and at fifty-nine he felt that he could easily take on another young one. Especially since life expectancy for humans on his native planet was 130 years on average? well he wasn?t about to waist that remarkable amount of time. The Jedi briskly marched to the training room and palmed open the door. He wasn?t expecting the sight that met his eyes.

A huminoid boy was sparring with a human girl a head shorter then him. And the girl was winning too,

10. oqidaun

Jul 20, 2005
    Those are sneaky little Jedi aren't they?
    Plugging pigtails, dueling and stealing ice cream!

You're doing a great job with characterization.
    Keep up the good work.

:D

11. MoeTharen

MoeTharen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2005
    This is a great fic Alley_Skywalker! You really do personalize your OC's very well! I'm really looking forward to the next update! Could I pretty please get a PM when you update! :D

-Commander Tharen-

12. Aya-Na_Bashu

Aya-Na_Bashu Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2005
    I like Lexxa. Can't wait for more.

PM please.

13. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    Woohooo! I made it...barely but still...I was busy sending in noms :)

oqidaun:
    Thanks, Master!

MoeTharen: Thanks :) I really try to mae my OC distinguishable from one another.

Aya-Na_Bashu: I'm glad you like her!

Chapter 5: Chosen

SEVERAL DAYS LATER

The bell rang for morning break and the halls were flooded with chattering younglings. Lexxa, Lenna, and Gal filed out of Galactic History with the rest of their classmates. Gal made for the gardens and the girls followed him complacently. It was a sort of habit that had worked itself into their daily routine. During morning break they would head for the gardens. Gal would meditate, Lenna and Lexxa would watch him for a few moments before Lenna went to get food and Lexxa would remain sitting quietly next to Gal. She never meditated but simply sat there picking at the grass, lost somewhere in her own thoughts. Then right before the bell rang Lenna would return to bring both of them back down to earth.

?Why do you even bother going?? Gal asked. His tone wasn?t accusing, it rarely ever was, Gal being the quiet fellow that he was, simply curious.

Lenna shrugged. "I dunno. It started out because I thought you guys would actually want to talk. Then I gave up on that since both of you tend to take up the free time being lost in some other world that I am currently not aware of. So then I simply sat there to wait until the lines died down a little to get food. Now I guess I just do it?well just because. There doesn?t have to be an explanation for everything you know?? Lenna sounded exasperated and amused at the same time. Lexxa watched Gal and Lenna exchange fleeting smiles. There was something deep about their friendship. Being complete opposites, in Lexxa?s opinion anyways, it seemed that they should never be able to get along. And yet there was that quite undercurrent of unspoken affection that they felt, that closeness that made the friendship much deeper then what could be seen on the outside.

The approached the gardens. Lexxa breathed in the sweet smell of plants that wafted their way as they approached. Everything was like usual?except it wasn?t. A tall figure was leaning against the transparensteel wall close to the entrance. Lexxa frowned in confusion. She had never seen this person around here. He was obviously some knight but why he was there was something that Lexxa didn?t know. What she did know was that he was now looking at them. He waved the three of them over and looked at Lexxa as though he was scanning her like an ID card. Finally, seeming satisfied, he spoke. ?Lexxa Lysk??

Lexxa nodded. ?Yes, that?s me.?

?The Council would like to see you.?

?The Council?? Lexxa asked stupidly.

The knight looked confused. ?Yes?the High Coucil.?

?Now??

?Yes.?

?Why do they want to see her?? Lenna piped up eagerly.

The knight eyed her sharply but gal grabbed Lenna?s sleeve and dragged her away, calling, ?We?ll see you later, Lexi,? over his shoulder.

?I?ll take you there? the older Jedi told her and turning started to lead the way. Lexxa fell in step with him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the time they had reached the Council Chamber doors Lexxa was in a complete daze. She had glimpsed parts of the temple that she had never ever seen before. And there was impending feeling of doom. She had heard many tales and rumors about the council from young padawans who would come to visit their still un-chosen friends in their free time. And they all talked about how impending and scary the Council was. And how nerve wrecking it was to stand in front of the Masters. Except, they said, you weren?t even standing in front of them. You couldn?t even see some of them because they all sat around in a circle. ?Great. Exactly what I need?to feel ambushed? Lexxa thought sarcastically.

Suddenly the doors swooshed open and the knight marched her in. Lexxa gazed around amazed. The walls of the circular room where almost all filled with the large

14. MoeTharen

Sep 10, 2005
    All right! Lexxa's a padawan! Great update! Your descriptions and story line is beautifully done! I loved it, and I'm looking forward to the next update!

-Commander Tharen-

15. Aya-Na_Bashu

Aya-Na_Bashu Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2005
    I'm glad Lexxa's been chosen, but I get a bad feeling about Lottos. I can't put a finger on it, though. [face_worried]

16. oqidaun

Jul 20, 2005
    I get a definite feeling of foreboding here--definitely a bad feeling.
    Lottos comes across as being kind of dark and possessive...there's just something I don't trust about him.

Great update.
    =D=

17. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    Yes I know I'm late but finals week really messed me up. [face_frustrated] Anyways...

MoeTharen: Ah yes I've been looking toard the padawan days.

Aya-Na_Bashu: i know what you mean. Sometimes i wanna smack this guy myself. Butsometimes he's alright.

oqidaun: Huh i don't trus lottos myself:p

Chapter 6: The Braiding Ceremony

?So what did they want??

Lexxa stepped back, mildly startled. She had, of course, expected Lenna to ambush her, but seeing Gal there was somehow strange. She walked through the door calmly and then shut it behind her. ?You guys?I have something to tell you!? She was now aware of the huge grin that had formed it?s way onto her face.

?What?? Lenna asked impatiently.

?I?I have been chosen!?

?Chosen?? Lenna?s eyes grew large. ?You mean like chosen chosen? Like by a knight? To become a padawan??

Gal rolled his eyes ?I think that that?s what that means.? He quickly had to put his hands over his ears to block out the girls? screaming as they jumped up and down and hugged. ?Geez?I thought Jedi were suppose to be calm and...ow! Lenna will you stop hitting me??

?Oh stop being such a no-fun-poojoo! Lexxa?s a padawan! Do you know what hat means??

?Harder training?? Gal shrugged.

?You?re just jealous because you won?t get to be a padawan. Because you know that you won?t get chosen!? it was an outburst that the blonde regretted.

Gal stood up shrugging again. ?If it is the will of the Force, then let it be so.? He walked o the door and turning back before leaving called quietly, ?Congratulations Lexi.?

After the door closed Lexxa turned to glare at Lenna. ?What did you say that for? We don?t know if that?s gonna happen and he?s scared like Sith that it will! You don?t have to rub it in!?

Lenna looked down looking dumbfounded at her own outburst. ?I?m so dumb. I?ll go talk to him.?

Lexxa held her back. ?No, I?ll talk to him.?

Lenna looked up at Lexxa. ?You know I?d never want to hurt him right? I?just?? her eye?s glistened with tears and she found herself unable to finish the sentence.

?Oh stop with the tear!? Lexxa snapped, ?you?re not in the crèche anymore!? Then more softly she added ?He?ll understand. He always does.?

Lenna nodded and Lexxa started briskly down the hall, determined to find Gal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lexxa peeked cautiously from around a tree and swept the small clearing with her gaze. She didn?t need to look long for the Brunette boy who sat cross legged under one of the trees on the far side of the clearing. Lexxa wondered why she hadn?t looked here first. Gal spent as much time in the garden as she did in the training room. ?No wonder he has Force visions? Lenna had once said. ?Anyone who meditates so much has ought to have SOME answer from the Force.? It had been a joke but Lexxa had a strange feeling that somewhere deep inside Lenna did believe that.

Lexxa walked over to Gal and sat quietly in front of him. It would be better for him to acknowledge her then for her to intrude forcefully on his interlude. There was a pause before Gal opened his eyes and regarded Lexxa with a quizzical look.

?Do you wanna talk about it?? she asked softly.

Gal shook his head. ?it?s probably just me being paranoid.?

Lexxa considered mentioning Lenna but she knew that that wasn?t the reason why she was there. Lenna and Gal would talk later in their own way.

?Who chose you anyways?? Gal asked, changing the subject.

Lexxa relayed the events of the council meeting and then sat quietly, waiting for Gal to speak. ?Well? Gal said finally, ?it looks like you?re gonna make a nice team.? He grinned and Lexxa laughed.

?I felt kind of uncomfortable? she admitted.

Gal shrugged. ?It?s gonna be weird having someone be able to sneak into your head I bet.?

Lexxa nodded enthusiastically. At least Gal was smiling and his eyes were brighter now that his mind was on something other then his possible failure to

18. oqidaun

Jul 20, 2005
    I like the way that you handle the friendship of Lexxa, Gal and Lenna--it seems very natural.
    Nice update.
    =D=

On Lottos:
    He's very creepy.
    Very creepy.

19. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    Wow! this took a long time huh? DRL and DWB decided that it would be entertaining to attack me at the same time. Anyways I won't make excuses...here's the next update as a Friday treat for all :)
    Oh and thanks for reviewing, Master! There's more of our creepy knight in this chapter.

Chapter 7: First Impressions

Lexxa stared at the data pad in her hand. She re-read the information on her new courses once again and still stared. There was so much more going on all of a sudden. So many more subjects then she was ever use to. So much less free time.

She lifted her head to look at her master who was watching her from across the room. ?They still won?t let me teach you Force Use.? he told her, though it sounded more like he was thinking out loud then actually making a comment.

Lexxa nodded quietly ?At least I don?t have it with Master Yoda and that cane of his? she thought triumphantly.

?You see, Padawan, they don?t let us teach our padawans the ways of the Force yet, not until you are a Senior Padawan . Though they always come to us if you break a ?philosophical rule? with their complaints. If there is a reason for me to be displeased with the council it is this. You?ll find I feel that many of their views are?painfully impractical. What works in theory doesn?t always work in reality.? He stopped suddenly at the slightly confused look on Lexxa?s face and then?.laughed.

This only confused her more. But she smiled shyly nonetheless.

?I think that you?re receiving too much information for one day to handle properly. Though I suppose your new room can?t bee too much of a discovery and you?ll get use to all those courses. Now let?s go down to the Dining Hall. It?s midday meal and I am hungry personally.? Lottos grabbed his cloak and started for the door of the apartment with Lexxa trailing closely behind him.

Lexxa tried hard to memorize the way they were going but she new that she?d get undoubtedly lost once she ventured out on her own. She was never good with directions anyways.

They came to a set of double doors which swished open allowing them entrance into the Dining Hall. Lexxa looked around, taking in the view of the large amount of padawan?s and knights that sat at long tables, in clusters or pair, as they ate their meals. The serving line was much like in the initiates cafeteria so Lexxa spent the time looking around.

?Morning and Midday meals take place here. So does the evening mea? Lottos was explaining. ?But sometimes we might have Evening meal in our quarters.?

Lexxa didn?t find a reasonable way to respond so she kept to herself. Lottos led over to the end of a table where a knight was sitting by herself. ?You?ll be able to sit with your age mates what you get some friends. I suppose it?s better that you eat with me today for we will be going to the gardens and the training rooms after this.

?Yes, Master.? It wasn?t much but she found it hard to find much to say anyways. Lenna would laugh, saying that Gal was rubbing off on her.

The solitary knight looked up when Lexxa and Lottos approached. ?All alone today Marr?Shaa?? Lottos asked casually as he sat down across from her.

Knight Nova nodded. ?Ever since Adam was knighted two weeks ago it?s been slightly strange. I don?t see him much anymore.?

Lotos shrugged. ?He?ll come around. If he doesn?t?well. I bet you?ll be finding yourself a new charge soon anyways.?

Nova smiled slightly. ?You want to introduce me Ser-Gay?? She indicated Lexxa with a nod.

?Oh?yes. This is my padawan, Lexxa Lysk. Lexxa, this is my friend, Knight Nova.?

?Nice to meet you, Lexxa.?

?You as well master nova? Lexxa replied nodding her head.

Marr?Shaa gave her a smile. They had met briefly before and Lexxa knew that Master Nova had been watching her during some of the initiate ?saber practices.

Diner went smoothly with Nova and Lottos talking about politics in the Outer Rim and Lexxa listen to them quietly. She noticed that her master was rather outspoken in his opinions and preferred to contr

20. bmwgurl17

bmwgurl17 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    =D= Nice job Master

21. oqidaun

Jul 20, 2005
    You're doing a nice job describing the interior of the Jedi Temple, great work elaborating upon the structure of the training aspects.

I'm still impressed with the OCs you've crafted.

Well done.

=D=

22. Darth-Buddy

Darth-Buddy Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2005
    This is really excellent, usually I am not into OC stories, but I really like this one. Good job on characterization, I really feel like I am getting to know them.=D=

23. MoeTharen

Sep 10, 2005
    Sorry I missed a post! Thankyou so much for the PM! Those were some great updates, and I'm looking forward to more. :D

-Commander Tharen-

24. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    Hi everyone! Happy V Day! This chapter is a bit early to make up for all the times that I have been late. I hope you enjoy reading it 'cause I sure enjoyed writing it[face_mischief] [face_devil]

bmwgurl17: Thanks, Padawan.

oqidaun: Thank you, Master. i love exploring all the different training that the padawan might be doing[face_mischief]

Darth-Buddy:you don't like OC fics? Oh well...hopefully i can do something about that:D

MoeTharen: That's alright....and I'm gad you liked the updates.

Chapter 8: Trouble

TWO MONTHS LATER

Some time had passed and Lexxa was beginning to settle into her life as a padawan. She went back to hang with Lenna and Gal whenever she could. Lenna would fuss over her hair ever time to the point of it being obnoxious. Lexxa now had, for the most part, abandoned her ponytail and singe braid hairstyle for the more popular hairstyle for padawan girls as a tight bun on the back of her head, the braid hanging neatly from behind her right ear. Lenna would ask why she didn?t ware a ribbon interwoven with her braid, as so many female padawan chose to do. Lexxa would answer patiently every tine that she didn?t have time to think of ribbons and that it really wasn?t that important. Lenna would insist of redoing her bun every time that Lexxa came over, making it fancier. Lexxa didn?t disappoint her. She didn?t tell her friend that her master didn?t approve of fancy styles. She was ?A Jedi, for Force sakes? and Jedi didn?t ?go around looking like prissy Alegarhi.? Alegarh was a Rushanian word, Rushania just happened to be Lexxa?s and Lottos? home world and Lottos spoke Rushanian fluently, that was meant for people who were rich but had gained their money by trickery or other underhanded ways, usually political. Lenna wouldn?t understand, though, so Lexxa didn?t bother explaining.

This was not however the only thing that Lexxa withheld from Lenna?s knowledge. Her master had established a form of training called Conditioning. It included running, sprinting, high jumping, far jumping, flips, stretches, sit ups, push ups, pose drills, and other such elements. The warm up wasn?t too hard and Lexxa always went through it without problems. However, when the rest of the session began Lexxa relied quit heavily on the Force to help her reach her master?s standards. The only problem was that Lottos had ruled that she was not allowed to use the Force. She might not be able to use the Force at times, Lottos had told her, so it was imperative to be able to endure strenuous physical activity without its aid. Lexxa had obediently not reached for the Force after Lottos? order, yet, it was such an instinct, and it came so naturally to her, that she drew on it subconsciously, which earned her more trouble then she was prepared for?

FLASH BACK

She could do it. All she had to do was jump two meters in the air, land on the ledge, balance for five seconds, then pivot and back flip off. It wasn?t that hard?and the floor was padded after all so even if she landed wrong it wouldn?t hurt THAT much.

Lexxa bit her lip, contemplating the metal ledge in front of her. How many steps would she get for a running start? Four? Five? If she was able to use the Force there would be little trouble. But without the Force?

Lexxa glanced nervously back at her master. He was standing several feet away, waiting calmly for her to start. Lexxa looked away and focused on the metal pole ahead of her. She took a deep breath and ran forward. There was no effort to pull on the Force that she was aware of and yet when she jumped she could feel the Force buzzing around her, guiding her jump. She landed firmly on the ledge and counted a slow five then turned and flipped off the pole, tucking her legs in tightly to giver her body more rotation. She landed roughly on the matted floor but didn?t stumble. The young padawan repressed a triumphant smile as she turned to face her master.

All happiness left her when she saw

25. MoeTharen

Sep 10, 2005
    Lottos is a tough Master. But Lexxa will be a strong Jedi because of it. Is Gal getting a small crush on Lexxa or is he just concerned for her silence?

-Commander Tharen-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.