main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Weather Thread v2.0

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Obey Wann, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Thats not actually snow falling, its frozen breath. Seriously, I went out there to feel the cold and my breath froze and hit the ground. It was awesome!

2. Jomama

Jomama Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 3, 2009
    I was weaing shorts 3 days ago and it was too hot in my house and now I'm afraid my bells will freeze off. Can we rename this the "Mother Nature's been drinking again" thread?

3. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I gave up my frugal ways and turned my heat up to 70....thats better. The cold is seeping in everywhere, it's frakking insidious. Thank the maker for LEAP!

4. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005

It's -6 at Skywalker ranch. All the tauntauns froze to death before the first marker.

5. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    That boiling water trick is BS! I have now created a new ice hazard in our courtyard. Mea Culpa, neighbors!! :oops:

6. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
    I was able to get it to work with 180* water from one of those instant-hot taps in about an 8 oz cup.Any amount over that just fell as water, but most of it vaporized. Worked better just a few minutes ago (1am) than it did earlier this afternoon, though.

7. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    So cold. Turned up heat to 73. [face_plain]

8. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Well... you guys COULD come to California. It is sunny and 60-70F lately. [face_whistling]

9. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005

Currently -5 degrees. Many tauntauns died to bring us this information.

We put them in the freezer for future tauntaun burgers.

10. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    ...ran out of Bothans, did you?

11. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    No one could talk the Bothans into going out in that weather. And I'm guessing tautaun burgers taste better.

12. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    It's 16 degress outside, finally warming up!!!!!!

13. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    It is Beautiful!

14. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002

I don't have to work tomorrow...yay! [face_mischief] :p

... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 11 PM THIS EVENING TO 5 PM MST TUESDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN DENVER HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 11 PM THIS EVENING TO 5 PM MST TUESDAY.

* TIMING... SNOW WILL BECOME WIDESPREAD AFTER MIDNIGHT TONIGHT AND CONTINUE INTO TUESDAY. THE HEAVIEST SNOW WILL FALL LATE MONDAY NIGHT AND TUESDAY MORNING. SNOW WILL DECREASE IN INTENSITY LATE TUESDAY MORNING AND COME TO AN END BY LATE TUESDAY AFTERNOON.

* ACCUMULATION/WIND... SNOWFALL AMOUNTS OF 3 TO 6 INCHES WITH UP TO 8 INCHES WEST AND SOUTH OF DENVER ARE EXPECTED BY TUESDAY AFTERNOON. NORTHERLY WINDS OF 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 35 MPH WILL CAUSE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW TUESDAY MORNING.

15. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Yay for teleworking. I'm in the office today, then I'll hole up at home Tues and Weds.

16. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Smart thinking, Bill.

Like a fool I told my sup to call me if they need help. I did inform her if I have to come in and schools are closed a wee bean will be under my desk.

17. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    It's snowing like mad already and the wind is picking up. Bring on the storm, 'cause I ain't leaving the house. :D And I'm hoping this storm brings enough snow to warrant breaking out the snowblower.

18. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I just looked outside and it's like a disaster movie out there. Holy Canole, don't leave your houses if you dont have to. [face_worried]

19. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005

Alas, I had to drive in to work today. Worst driving conditions ever. Very slippery and I saw several people who's tires were just spinning in frustration.

20. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Yep, it was one of those snows that was bad, but not quite enough to shut the city down. Which means lots of frustrated drivers.

21. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
  22. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005

Had to turn on the A/C today after waking from a nap and feeling all hot and blah.

23. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Today, 9 News is saying that there is NO chance for rain. Let's see if they can get that forecast right.

24. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
  25. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Amazingly, they did OK. So they can predict good weather, it's the bad stuff that they suck at. (And that we need the most).