main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Weather Thread v2.0

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Obey Wann, Oct 25, 2006.

1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Ok i ventured to work today.

took me a bit to dig out the car...i was the proud owner of a very large lump of snow! woohooo!

the snow and the car were even levels! crazy!

fun times!

2. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    I saw a picture of my car. It was a Volvo shaped Oreo with the top cookie missing. My flight's already delayed a half hour, may be up to 3 and a half hours according to FAA, but it looks like I'll get in tonight. Now, I just need a retrieval. I hear the governor's discouraging travel on the roads now.

3. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    Yeah, our snow is almost gone. I had to scrape a little ice of my windshield before I made a food run. it was rough.

:p

4. ArchaicRebel

May 11, 2004
    HA! Weather, 0; Nigel, 1. Two if you count the excellent timing I had at MHC.

5. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    Tons of snow out here and it ain't going away anytime soon.
    I spent time yesterday digging my car out only to get stuck on the pavement right across from where I pull out. I was sooooo pissed cuz I was trying to get somewhere on time and didn't make it.
    ... but dinner and a couple of beers with AHPR made the blues go away. [face_mischief]

6. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I know what you mean!!! All this digging we do so we can get around & then go down the street and have to push your car to get it unstuck or wish someone else would have dug some snow themselves.

7. ArchaicRebel

May 11, 2004
    Enough snow already! I give! UNCLE!

8. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    White Christmas anyone? [face_devil] :D [face_laugh]

9. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    The ski resports must love that free advertising. Snow during a Bronco game. On Christmas Eve. What more could they ask for?

BTW, when was the last time we had a white Christmas in Denver?

10. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    The last one I can recall technically was in 1990, but I think it was just still white because we went through an arctic front after the snow storm. But the only other true White Christmas I recall was 1982 (it requires snow w/i 24 hours of Xmas to count)

11. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    White Xams or not, I am sick of trying to push my little civic around in all this slush.
    I think I have gotten stuck now like 4 or 5 times and that's not even getting off the property yet!

And now, a statement from the National Sunshine Society...

**** SNOW! :eek:

12. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    And to follow that message...

DON'T DO IT!!!

This message brought to you by the National Unfrozen Dangly Bits Society ;)

13. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
  14. Magdalene

Magdalene Jedi Master star 4

Nov 22, 2005
    I am so afraid to ask......

15. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I'm so sorry I read it :p

Ok, so what are peoples thoughts? This morning the weather guy was like "Another HUGE storm coming!" Had to wait like 10 mins to see what the heck he was talking about & he said 4 to 6 inches Thursday into Friday.

So I get to work & someone says a foot of snow.

Now someone said 2 feet, that several stroms are going to hit us one after another. What has everyone else heard? And what do you think will happen? To busy to surf the net & 1/2 the time it doesn't bring anything up because my Java is hosed.

16. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Well, I heard that we would see up to 16 inches by end of day friday. Who knows!?

We will see what we see. I think I have friday off anyway. it can snow all it wants to as far as I am concerned.

17. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    See, I worked over 12 hours yesterday & may have another long day today. The person I'm covering for said he would give me Friday off, but if everyone is going to have Friday off due to tons of snow I want to work out a different day off. I always seem to get jipped by this place :p

18. Magdalene

Magdalene Jedi Master star 4

Nov 22, 2005
    Don't wanna dig myself out again! Don't wanna don't wanna don't wanna!

I'd actually like to enjoy my days off and be able to go places and do stuff and take the big girls out for nice long walks (OK, Bonnie is a typical greyhound who likes to snooze a lot, but Dazzle has more energy than a lab puppy and needs her walks!)

19. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    ooh let it snow!!!! as long as i can get stuff done today and tomorrow. ;)

20. ArchaicRebel

May 11, 2004
    Well, better get the laundry done and gas up the car today... Double check my supplies and just hole up... [face_frustrated]

21. buffy_wine

buffy_wine Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2003
    I hear you M. I just now got my car dug out
    cause I just now had the time. Decided to fill it up with gas again before the storm.
    Tired of snow, I had my winter. Now it can just rain.
    Or the mountains can take it all.
    If we keep getting storms over and over like this
    we will be buried! But on the plus side I wouldn't have to go to work.
    On the downside I would go crazy from not going out.

SC: I have heard anything from flurries to 12 inches to what we had last time.
    So who knows.

22. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    You can still go outside, you'll just freeze.

Isn't it crazy we have so much snow & now that it is melting people are being found???? Glad I have at least one friend :p And I hope I'm noticed gone before 6 days :eek:

23. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    So this is how I see it going down we are only going to get 4 inches of snow because we are prepared :D (and now that I've said it, it won't happen)

24. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    All I know is that I was ready to reach thru the TV the other night and smack a local weatherman. :mad:

Weatherman: "Yeah, Denver finally got flights going again out of their airport."
    Other local on-air chick "They got burried, but I'm sure eveyone is loving the days off for an extra long holiday weekend. Expecially the kids!"
    Weatherman "I'm sure they are, but those people stranded at the airport I'm sure aren't enjoying thier time."
    Other chick: "Yes. And there is still upwards of like 3000 people stuck at their airport."
    Weatherman: "If we had our airport snow crews there we would have been able to keep the runways open. I'm not sure what they were doing where they let so much build up. MSP would never shut down because of snow."

:eek: [face_beatup]
    This guy is STOOOOOOOPID! I admit, he's still a little green because he was new this summer at the station... but where the heck did he work before that?! Guess what, MSP HAS shut down from less snow than what DIA had. I've been there while trying to get out! Of course the chick just nodded and smiled... I wonder what she was thinking. But where this guy gets the nerve to say the DIA snow crews weren't doing thier job is beyond me. Stupid git.

25. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    BTW: we are slated to have just freezing sprinkles on and off today. Wake up temp in downtown was 38 degrees. Down here at work it's only like 32.