main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN The website updates thread for website updates to the website - 3/1 ST DAVID'S DAY

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Stackpole_The_Hobbit, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I figured if I'm going to be doing the webmaster thing, I ought to keep everyone updated on what I'm doing. Also, I like bragging about my l33t h4x0r 5ki11z.

So anyway, I've updated the site again with a story on the newsletter I created for my Editing and Layout class. I've also included the PDF for the newsletter, and I'll be printing approximately a **** load of them for distribution at Comic Quest, Borders, Barnes, and wherever the hell else we hang out.

A reminder, the website is at http://tinyurl.com/EVVJedi . Tell your friends or something.

2. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    I have one black and white printout of the newsletter and ten colour ones. The colour ones for some reason are cut off at the bottom of the first page though ... Not sure what the hell happened. I'll have to tweak it.

Anyway, I'll be making more black and white ones tomorrow after my political science final and dropping some off at Barnes, some at a couple libraries, and some at lovely CQ.

3. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Well, I went ahead and moved the Xmas story to the website. It's on its own page which is linked from the main page. I figured since the main page doesn't take up too much space I can keep remaking it as a template. Anyway, story's up.

4. capnfatpants

capnfatpants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 20, 2006
    That's a great write-up Stacky!

5. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Thanks. :) I'm glad to hear my journo classes are going somewhere even if the marks don't show it :p

6. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Redid the site because a) I wanted two sidebars and b) I did something that caused a major code clusterfrak and HAD to redo it.

7. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Did a special Christmas edition of the Barrel. Check it out on the website!

8. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    I think I forgot to mention that I did a New Year's version of the barrel, and that's going to be my website gimmick - I change the barrel for holidays. If nothing else it gives me photoshop practice :D

9. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I like it! Nice!

Careful though, Google might steal your idea and change their logo for each holiday. :p

10. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Well, if they do, they'd better watch out. I've got a team of lawyers to **** them up! ;)

11. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    New barrel is up. Election-themed, this time.

12. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    ETA:
    Let's all evolve a bit! Who wants opposable toes?

13. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    I've decided to use as many obscure holidays as Google does, giving me something to actually DO with the website when there's little else going on. Thursday was Darwin Day, in celebration of the 200th anniversary of Darwin's birth. Today is Valentimes, so I did a barrel for that too. I'll try to keep up, so keep checking back at the site!

Also, I'm not going to be at the meeting, so this should serve as my update. Also, I'm learning about Flash, and if I get confident enough with it, I'd like to do flash on the site. I promise I won't have any annoying game banners like "punch the monkey" and "Have Cheney shoot the lawyer in the face" or ... hell, I don't know other ones, I have adblock software :p

I also promise to not have autoplay music anywhere on the site. Although that should've gone without saying when you guys met me and found out I was not a complete douchebag to my friends :p

14. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    New barrel for St David's Day. He's the patron saint of Wales.

'n ddedwydd Seintia Dafydd s Ddiwrnod!

15. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    Matt, I am glad to see your re embracing your Catholicism and making your way towards God again.

I am very happy for you. :D

16. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    St David's Day is 1) an Anglican holiday and 2) GOD BAHAHAHAHAHAHA :p

O:)

17. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    All you had to say was that it was something largely British. [face_laugh];)

I say we start a new religion...

The 1st Church of Eville Jedi-ness

June 26, will be St Michael's Day - for I am the patron saint of action figure collecting.

In the name of the plastic, the sculpt, and the great paint application - Amen! [face_praying]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.