main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The WELCOME TO FAN DESIGN Social Thread: Just Who in the Heck Are You?

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Design - Sites and Graphics' started by Brandon Rhea, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    [face_laugh]

That's probably a good idea. What do you use for your testing environment? I used to use XAMPP all the time but now I'm using WAMPServer.

2. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I use XAMPP. Never tried WAMPServer. What's the difference?

3. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    The interface is a bit better with WAMP. The system tray icon has a nice menu that's more intuitive. Plus it has links to everything you'll need on the menu. Aside from that it's pretty much the same.

4. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    I've tried EasyPHP once, but I would advice against using it. I was going to install Wordpress, but I couldn't get it to work for some reason. After a few hours of troubleshooting, I finally came to the realization that I had done nothing wrong, it just wouldn't work with easyPHP. With Wamp, I got the site up and running in a matter of minutes...

5. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    I've tried EasyPHP as well and I had the same experience with it. I would definitely recommend staying away from it.

6. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Anyone still around in this forum?

7. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    I check it out now and then :)

8. Pectabyte

Pectabyte Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2011
    Hi. I'm Alex. I do 3D graphics and animations :p

9. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Hi, Alex! That sounds really interesting. What programs do you work with? :)

10. barrissoffeefan

barrissoffeefan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2011
    Hello, I'm barrissoffeefan

and, if you hadn't noticed, I'm a super fan of Barriss Offee...or Aayla Secura, whichever!:p

I LOVE Star Wars. Literally the best thing that ever happened to me!

I enjoy writing fan fiction.

11. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    I started building Star Trek (hiss! I know...) ships as 3D models in Maya. Build some short videos of them flying around. Mostly the classic ships from the 1975 Technical Manual.

Then, when I needed a break, I built an R2, R3 (clear dome), R4 (cone head), and R5. Animated them a bit. Put in all the tools I could reliably find info on. Don't trust the DK books--too many inconsistencies and just plain mistakes.
    Have the models set up so I can build any color combo I want.

I was wondering if anyone else had done that.

Rendering out frames for my parade of droids animation. Hope it will be done this afternoon, but I've thought that before...