main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

'The Well Of Souls' - LucasFilm Projects' social thread.

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by RidingMyCarousel, Dec 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Well... I'm not in love with the films that much.

I find myself liking "odd" films like, say, Donnie Darko and Eyes Wide Shut more than bigger blockbusters like Spider-Man or Lord of the Rings. Though I liked them both.

2. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Yeah, I'm the same way for the most part. ALthough LOTR and SW are still the only films that I can watch over and over again without getting sick of them.

Have you seen "Mulholland Drive"?

3. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    ALthough LOTR and SW are still the only films that I can watch over and over again without getting sick of them.

Same here.

I've seen Mulholland Drive, yeah -- intriguing film. I especially liked that scene in which she "sang" a Spanish (was it Spanish?) version of Roy Orbison's Crying. It was the whole song. That was strangely fascinating.

4. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    Yeah, Lynch's films are filled with images and scenes like that. He really is an artist. I had to watch "Mulholland Drive" twice to feel that I really understood it, I still don't feel that way about "Lost Highway".

5. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    That one I haven't seen. Was it with the old guy on the tractor?

As a kid I was fascinated by Blue Velvet, most notably the music. I really loved Twin Peaks, too -- up until when things got incomprehensible for me.

6. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    Yeah I love Blue Velvet and Twin Peaks as well. I know what you mean too, the last season was almost too bizarre.

And the one with the old guy on the tractor is called "The Straight Story", or something like that. I haven't seen it either, but I've heard that it's his most straight forward film, based on a true story.

7. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Twin Peaks had a great atmosphere. Very sinister, with a few light touches -- like when Audrey tied a cherry stem in her mouth.

8. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    Ah yes, Audrey...

[image=http://filmfreakcentral.net/dvdreviews/twinpeaksaudrey.jpg]

Sherilyn Fenn was brilliant in that role. Have you seen her in anything lately? I can't think of anything.

9. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Me neither. But gah, she was beautiful in that. And she could act. A pity you don't see her more often.

I saw "Dale Cooper" had some problems with the little Dale in Sex and the City.

10. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    [face_laugh]

I've never seen that show, but that still makes me laugh. You know that actor Kyle MacLachlan is from Yakima, WA... only 30 miles south of my home town.

11. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Hi guys.

You know I watched Twin Peaks religiously when it first screened. I loved it. Saw every episode... except the final.

I just didn't want to watch it, not sure why, but probably because I KNEW the loose ends wouldn't be tied up. And many of those that were tied up would be "forced" if you know what I mean.

That's the apprehension I feel towards Episode 3 too. Just scared there will be even more "inbreeding" so to speak.

12. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Yikes!

Everyone from Twin Peaks has pretty much been sentenced to B- and C-movies. The curse of a succesful TV show.

EDIT: Ah, you "fear" Episode III then, JP? Yeah, who knows: maybe it'll all be a horrible anti-climax.

13. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    Yeah, that's true except Kyle did get a few good roles for a while there, like "The Doors".

So JP, you still don't even know what happens in the final episode?

14. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    So. No-one feeling social huh? That's fine.

The Indy series is showing on NZ TV over the next couple of weeks, in widescreen. Watched Raiders last Sunday. Temple is this Sunday & Crusade next Sunday.

I've viewed Temple on VHS in the past month or two, and have plans anyway, so doubt I'll catch much of it, but I'm looking forward to Crusade, as my crappy old VCR won't play my tape of it without jumping all over the place.

There were some pretty funny, sarcastic reviews of Raiders & Temple in a weekly magazine recently. I'll post them later.

How's 2003 treating you?

15. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    So. No-one feeling social huh?

No, I think my innane babbling just killed the thread as usual. :D

2003 has been treating me pretty well so far. Things have been a bit hectic at work since it's the beginning of the quarter, but they'll settle down soon I'm sure.

16. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Growing up I only saw parts of the Indiana Jones movies.I remember Raiders and Temple of Doom coming on the ABC Sunday Night Movie. I would always have to go to bed before the film was over or when in Temple they had the feast with the giant snake being cut open and the little snakes coming out.

Until the video came out in 99 the only one I had seen all the way thru was Last Crusade.

I also remember Young Indiana Jones on ABC. I think it came on saturday nights. I can't recall because ABC keep moving it around where no one could find it. Though i was please when the Family Chanel got some of the Young Indy movies to show. Can some one show me a thread about Young Indy?

17. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    A little about me...

My nickname is Salty. It's a nickname I've had since 1990. I'm from Marion, South Carolina, but now I live close to Myrtle Beach. I'll be 27 on February 4th, so I've been around since Star Wars has been around. I remember seeing ESB and ROTJ in the theater when I was younger. The only thing I remember about ESB was the snow on Hoth. I was in the USAF when the Special Editions were released. I've watched them and the original releases many times while serving in Saudi Arabia and being on call back here in the U.S.

I've been a part of the JC since December 24, 1998. Yes I know, it's pretty sad that I registered the first time on Christmas Eve. I lurked mostly back then. I lurked enough to learn who people were, then I left. I registered again in April 1999, which was right before TPM was released. I think I posted twice and then went on a 3 year haitus from posting. I read TF.N every day, but didn't come in the JC during that 3 year period. AOTC sparked my interest in the JC again and I've been here ever since.

I'm a huge fan of George Lucas's work and Steven Spielberg's work. I love all the Indy movies and I'm looking forward to seeing Indy 4 in the theater.

18. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Heya, everyone. What's up? :)

19. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    Apparently not much... :(

20. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Let's raise up a storm then, Salty ol' pal.

;)

:D

21. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    Heh, so JP can ban us both for spamming.

;)

22. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Eh, it could be worse ;)

Speaking of jp.. where is that guy? :p

23. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    I think he's been hiding. I'm ready to see the new banner for this forum.

24. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    :)

Been a bit busy with other things to post this last week. Work, kids, life, Modsquad updates etc.

The banner will go up once Kadue, Silmarillion & Carter come up with a good board colour scheme to go with it. The sample one on the banner mockup page was too brown & gloomy.

25. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    Good deal. It will be nice to see the new banner and it's nice to have you around again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.