'The Well Of Souls' - LucasFilm Projects' social thread.

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by RidingMyCarousel, Dec 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 6
    Oh yeah. I watched it when it first premiered in the early '90's and then bought the tape set and have watched it a few more time since.

Great show.

Are you a civil war buff too?

Hey, you used to post quite a lot in the old vfx thread here didn't you?
  2. THX_1138biggs Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Great documentary... still haven't finished it though :p

Hey where can I post Indy events like an Indiana Jones movie marathon screening over here in Los Angeles?
  3. JohnWesleyDowney Force Ghost

star 5
    Yes, I did post in that thread as I recall, but the guy who posted the most was malducin, who ran his own website about special efx and ILM. You might be thinking of him.

One thing the Ken Burns documentary taught me was that people in the 1860s could write beautiful letters and were literate.
  4. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 6
    Yeah the Ken Burns doc was a great show.

Yeah Manuel is still trying to get ilmfan going again. Great site.

Were also going to bring back some of those old threads or vfx focus here too.

Stay tuned..
  5. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 6
    Welcome THX1138biggs.

You can post it here. This is the place for all things Indiana Jones.
  6. THX_1138biggs Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Cool! Alright then... On August 22 the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood will be screening the first three Indy movies: Raiders, Temple of Doom, and Last Crusade, August 22!

The show starts at 6pm, its a Saturday, tickets cost 10 bucks!
    Food is cheap too inside :)

Those that live in the Los Angeles and those that don't are all invited.
    I work at the theater, but I'm definitely not working that day.. I have to check them out on the big screen!

It would be cool to have as big a crowd as possible, the theater hasn't been getting many ticket sales lately. :p
    Plus it should be fun to have lots of Indy fans in a 600 seat theater :)

Here's a link with more info:

http://americancinematheque.com/mastercalendar.htm
  7. Salty Force Ghost

star 5
    Holy cow!

I feel old from looking back through this thread. Geez, I can't believe I was here when the forum and this thread was started. Times were so much simpler back then.
  8. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 6
    Welcome back Salty. And welcome the blue guy too. :D I remember those wars. We had barely recovered from the Gonk wars and then this....
  9. Salty Force Ghost

star 5
    [face_laugh]

Fun times during 2002-2003. Sadly most of my friends won't be coming back to the JC. They've moved on to other sites or left the net completely. I noticed the dates on some of the threads in this forum are kinda out of order. Did a bunch of threads get moved here?

It was fun getting this thread started with JP and RMC back in the day. Seems so long ago now.
  10. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 6
    I'm not sure if threads were moved here or not. I don't think so. Do you have specific ones in mind?
  11. Salty Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, I went back to the beginning to the forum and saw threads that ended in 01. I don't remember this forum even getting started until 02. I've also noticed when I was going through pages, the years were out of order on some of the threads.
  12. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Sup, salty?
  13. Deranged_Monkey Jedi Knight

star 1
    Not a whole lot today. Just doing some downloading and cleaning out the sock list.

Almost made it to the end of PK's game in the JCC.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.