main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Welsh Pot Noodle Pub Thread: Fuel of Britain, isn't it.

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Welshguy, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Curiously Hannibal comes from Wales doesn't he? :p

2. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    There's nothing curious about it Tim....

I ate his liver with some Pot Noodle and a Pepsi Max

Hft hft hft hft hft!

3. Revan86

Revan86 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2006
    [image=http://www.georgefoxwritings.com/whyjesus.html]i'll never forget my frist love n26-34. i called her @};- rose:) but alas i grew [face_skull] hungry so we had =P~ lamb chops =P~ for dinner MMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm then i met dasiy[face_cow] but i soon shall grow hungry again[face_devil]

Oops chaught on cctv again
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6036258152196721565&q=weird+al

mama just killed a man and this the proof

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=850518364448375825&q=weird+al

the hell is this http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7255661301905279600&q=star+wars
    you seen this before other than when drunk or stoned mind you whao look at ****ed up star wars man

again i say the hell http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2226508347233603434&q=star+wars

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    A black coffee for this man ^ please.

5. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Maybe something a little more decaffinated.

Like liquid Valium. ;)

So out of interest, who is the fantasy woman of everyone else here (or boy if your that way inclined ;) ).

I'm guessing Keira Knightly.

If I had to chose between Gillian and Keira, I would really strugle!

*thinks* [face_thinking]

Yeah, like that will happen. :_|

6. Revan86

May 16, 2006
    ____________________________CAFFINE________________________________........
    ..[face_coffee] 8-} [face_hypnotized] [face_dancing] [face_money_eyes] [face_laugh] :D [face_mischief]

7. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Now you've been caffinated, who's your dream woman then Revan?

8. Revan86

May 16, 2006
    Alyson Hannigan (born Allison Lee Hannigan, March 24, 1974) is an American actress. She played Willow Rosenberg on the television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Michelle Flaherty in the American Pie film series, and Lily Aldrin in the CBS sitcom How I Met Your Mother
    =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~

9. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I know her well. I was a big Buffy fan. Of course she also appeared in a few eps of Angel.

Sorry to tell you this dude, but she's married to Wesley in real life.

Whereas Gillian has just got divorced!

Back of the net!

10. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Just because she got divorced doesnt mean you just scored. :p

11. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Ah yes, but my chances have improved missively since she is no longer married.

You know what its like. Woman on the wrong side of 30, 2 divorces, career not what it once was, maybe a nice young Welsh guy could turn her head.. :)

I should be careful what i'm saying.

I wouldn't want a Derek Lyons type incident where she types her names into Google and my messages come up in the search engine and she starts reading them..

Gillian.. Call me!

12. Revan86

May 16, 2006
    true but i've seen the real you one word AHHHHHHHHH
    and a few more for good place the horror

oh you got ownded

13. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Uhm, what?

Are you trying to tell me that you've meet Mrs Hannigan?

14. Revan86

May 16, 2006
    disturbed:eek:

15. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    This thread confuses me now, and I also have to scroll over to click post reply which I am very upset about. [face_plain]

16. Revan86

May 16, 2006
    BSMB

MAN MAN MANA MANGO

17. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Your right, that having to scroll over to the right is somewhat annoying.

I think we need to get this place back on track with some quality bumf.

Anyone watching the free FilmFour movies this week?

Watched Zoolander yesterday, always funny!

Watched Lost in Translation tonight. A truly beautiful and moving film. I had an argument with my sister in law cause she thinks its one of the worst films she's ever seen. But then she does like J-Lo movies....

Lost in Translation is a unique and sweet love story about two individuals who find themselves in a strange land and help each other come to terms with their lives. What's not to love about that?

Career best performance from Murry and Johansen lights up the screen. Fantastic movie, I highly recommend it.

And right now Apocalypse Now is on.. So i'm going to watch that bad boy!

18. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    I started watching Lost in Translation but it moved at a pace slower than a snail, plus it had adverts so I couldnt bear it. I'm sure its a good movie if your able to watch it withought adverts but with it was... the worst. I missed Fifth Element when it was on which I'm peeved about since its a good movie and I havnt seen it in a while.

19. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Well in defence of Lost in Translation, the adverts were only once every 30 minutes. But I do feel very strongly that it's one of those movies that you should really make yourself watch in order to expand your knowledge and appreciation of the movie genre. Lost is one of those movies that I wouldn't usually want to see, but the pay off is so massive that it can change the way you look at film.

A similar movie to Lost that I found very touching and a great lesson in human life was Garden State. Great little movie and if you haven't see it, I recommend you track it down now.

Maybe I should start a new thread entitled "Welshguy's movie club", where I make everyone watch a new movie every week to expand they're horizons.

20. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    I love Garden State, got it on dvd. It didnt move at the pace of a snail so I was happy. :p

21. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I love discovering films like that. You know they've had a good write up, but until you see them, you never know what your going to get.

One of the best films of that nature for me was Donnie Darko. I watched it in a really old fashioned cinema, so old fashioned I got cramps in my legs cause the seats were so close together. Watching it in that setting really added to the experience.

And I don't know if i'm highly suggestable, but I swear I was Frank sitting in the back of my car when I left the cinema.. And no, that's not a joke.

22. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Donnie Darko I only discovered like less than 1/2 a year ago, I always knew that it was a 'good' film but people never explained that it would basicaly be a kind of life changing experience watching it. When donnie dies and mad world starts playing I was just staring at the screen like 'oh my god, how could I have lived so long withought this movie?'.

23. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    The only thing I didn't like about the movie is the directors cut that I own.

The musical cues have become so ingrained into the spirt and feeling of the film, that when a different piece of music starts up to the one your expecting, it totally takes you out of the movie.

So if you do buy Donnie Darko, be sure to get the original theatre version, which I feel is far superior.

Didn't you make a Frank costume Odj?

24. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Ah you see I heard that the directors cut was coming free in a newspaper and was like 'oh' and let it pass, then like 3 days after bought the original version. I've heard thats the main problem, the music. The music is a integral part of the film its part of why its so awesome so changing it is like making greedo shoot first.

[image=http://www.otisframpton.com/Star_Wars_Gallery/Greedo_Shot_First.jpg]

^^^I'm making a t-shirt of that^^^

Um nope? I know someone who was making one though and it looked kick ass, well they were moulding the mask which is the main thing the costume is just fur then.

[image=http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/4637/frank28hg.jpg]
    [image=http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/1734/frank1xr.jpg]

25. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    That's a kick ass mask!

So who was it that made a Frank costume? Maybe it was Stuey? I can't remember now?

By the way, if you have the original cut of the movie on DVD (the one with the extras), be sure the check out the Jim Cunningham infomerical extras. They inculde spoof commentry by the "director" of the infomercial (and someone else, who I can't remember).

It's one of the best extras that i've ever seen. It's so off the wall and out there, but at the same time totally believable. It also references the fact that Jim killed himself, something that you would only know if you had read the Time Travel book (pages posted on the net if your curious).

Really should have saved that for the movie club thread.. Ah well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.