main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Welshguy and Fall-on-Jin sanctuary

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Welshguy, Jan 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    ODJ_310388: Yeah, its pretty much just us.. Or something.

Fall-on-Jin: My brother got the projector back today and by the time I got home from work, my bedroom had been transformed into a makeshift cinema! It would have been nice if he could have used a different room in the house, but mine is the only room with the necessary space. The makeshift screen we're using right now is the only let down so far, the white cloth we using to project the movie on isn't reflective like a proper projector screen so the images are a little faded. Its not too bad if your watching something bright and colouful, like say Pirates of the Carribean, but with something like the Matrix which is quite dark throughout the film, its quite hard to watch because of the light loss.

But as soon as we get the proper screen it should be lots of fun!

2. Fall-on-Jin

Fall-on-Jin Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 22, 2001
    Well, My advice would be to look up on Ebay. Chances are you could get a cracking deal on that as well :D

I can't talk much at the moment, I have college tomorrow *damn college*

'evening chaps.

3. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Fall-on-Jin: I know I should have finished my wolf story by now and in fact be hard at work on the Matrix Revelations sequal, but i've spent the last 2 days painting my room. I opted for a nice clean magnolia colour, which I think really brings out my eyes...

The weekend was a bust also. A "friend" decided to call me up at 12.30pm on Saturday while I was still in bed and tell me that we are going car shopping. Great I think, thats 2 hours or so I got to spend driving around the local towns.. HA HA! I should be so lucky. He had gone onto autotrader and found a car that he liked for a price that he liked. The only problem? It was in Leeds!

Yes, thats right, Leeds. All of nearly 200 miles away. So (interesting story coming up) we leave at 2.00pm and set off for Leeds. Remember that the garage that owns the car closes at 5.00pm mind you, but he thinks that we can make Leeds in 3 hours, no problem....

So we get around half way up there (not even onto the M1 yet) and its knocking on 5.30pm, it is then that he decides to phone this guy up to make sure that everything is ok to buy to car?? Thats when I found out that the guy who is selling the car has been trying to get hold of my "friend" all day, but couldn't cause my "friend" didn't give him his telephone number! It turns out that this car is pretty much knackered. It needs a new started motor and the only thing we could do was travel the rest of the way up and have a look at it?? Now a 400 mile, 9 hour drive sounds a little excesive to me just to have a LOOK at a car!!! So I make him turn around and drive back home.

To cap a perfect day I got poisoned by his piece of crap car engine's fumes and spent most the drive home either decorating the hard shoulder with abstract art or desperatly trying not to decorate the hard shoulder with abstract art! So the next time that my "friend" asks me to go for a drive with him to look at a car, i'm going to say "feck off you git".

So that was my weekend. I spent most of Sunday recovering and since then i've been painting. But i've finished now and all my Matrix pics are back up and my computer is up and running again, so hopefully I should have some finished stuff for you to read before long.

Hope you had a more productive weekend that I?

4. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Fall-on-Jin: Hey dude. I don't think I will be attending the convention thing in Cardiff. I'm trying to cut back on my spending, theres a car that i've got my eye on for the summer and if i'm to achieve my goal i'm going to need to save a few grand. So no more fun activites of any kind for me in the short term....

Odj310-388: Nice banner by the way. Though just one suggestion. Maybe there are too many rolling hills in the pic. The Welsh flag looks great though, but perhaps bigger/more pics of SW stuff might be in order. A lightsaber fight always looks good in a pic, as a matter of fact I have a very impressive lightsaber dual pic that you could use. Maybe since there's only about 5 of us Welsh posters, we could all put in a SW themed pic to be used in the banner. What say you????

5. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    That was the idea I had in mind. Oh and btw i've started to roto that film you gave me and I was wondering what colours you wanted the sabers to be? Oh and also I might not be able to do the lightsaber ignitions part because I need a guide there to show where the saber will be after its ignited, if you know what i mean. For next time if you could film a bit of the background with no-one there and then one of you there and then I will be able to get rid of the saber untill its ignited and then i'll have a guide for after. :)

Btw in the fight why do you both run off and then run back again???

6. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    In case anyone is wondering what it is we're talking about here, around a year ago I filmed a short lightsaber dual on top of Maerdy Mountain (Monkey's Tump to be precise). Its been edited and has had sound effects and music added, but the lightsabers themselves have been missing. I thought the movie was just going to lay around gathering dust and eventually be forgotten, but with the advent of broad-band and ODJ's most gracious and fantstic input (he has very kindly offered to rotoscope the lightsabers), it now looks that it could actually be finished. I doubt may people will actually want to see this movie, after all its only two people fighting on top of a mountain, but it has some pretty nice shots and some excesivly dangerous stunts by myself.

So when its finsihed you'll be the first to know. Well.... After ODJ_310388.... And myself...
    Ok, you'll probably be the third to know. Happy?

7. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Just saw the first 4 seconds of the rotoscoping and all i can say is dmfkasmdfklamsdlkfmasl. I'm lost for words! It is bloody amazing! Its more or less faultless, it is without fault! WOW!

Most impressive.

8. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    I thought i'd make a post on here, since i haven't for a while.

Basically, It ended up being only me who'd go to the convention, so i took advantage of this opportunity and had a lie in. Good job that I did too, I was bloody shattered!

Speaking of which, I've Just been to the gym. Not a bad way to spend 4 hours a week, and its bound to rake in the benifits by the time summer comes around.

In other news... umm.... yea... soo.... basically put..... yea.

While i think of it, i managed to have a look at the test movie. "Farking Awesome" is all i can say without getting banned.

9. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    While i think of it, i managed to have a look at the test movie.

What test movie, the one I did? If so thanks. :D

Also Welshguy I have done all of one lightsaber on the sunset part which adds up to about 10secs and about 400 frames. :D

10. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    ODJ: The test movie is coming along very, very well. Can't wait to see it in all its lightsaber glory. Should be pretty bloody impressive.

Fall-on-Jin: Hey dude, what you been up to then? I had ine of the more memorable Saturday nights I can remember! I went to Bristol with a few friends to see Matrix Revolutions in the Imax theature. All I can is is you have never experienced a movie until you have see it Imax'd. this is the fourth time I have seen Rev. now and just like the original Matrix it is growing on me with every viewing. Just watching all the action unfold on this screen the size of a 5 story building was amazing. The amount of extra detail you get from watching it on a screen this size is unbeleaveable. The most impreesive images were the APU/Sentinel battle and the Machine City. Before they were just a big lumps of metal, but watching it on Imax, you got to see every single one of the 250,000 sentinels attacking Zion and don't even get me started on the amazing feat of design and eligence that is machine city. I know its hard to fully describe just how good and enjoyable the movie was in a few words, but GOOD GOD!

For me rev. is right up there with some of the best sequals of all time. Some people hate it, but then how dull would life be if we all loved the same things. If ever you get the chance to see this, or for that matter any movie on an Imax screen. DO IT!

By the way, the movie may have been good, but the women in Bristol were even better. I've never seen so many hot, good looking chicks in one place before. Well worth a return visit.

11. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Anyone else see the Matrix Revolutions banners during the England - Ireland match? It was just an advert for the DVD release, but it nearly made a game of rugby interesting. Nearly....

Well done Ireland by the way. I may not be a big rugby fan, but seeing England get stuffed never gets dull ;)

So what has everyone been up to? I'm here all by myself on a boring Sunday night. Nobody on-line, nothing on TV.... Think I might go have a sleep, just for something to do.

12. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I'm awake now....

So, what is everyone up to?

Time for a roll-call I think.

13. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    *raises hand* present!

(also bored)

14. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Think its just me and you dude. What ever happened to that Terry Cooper guy??

Newbees. No staying power.

15. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    I'm here... sort of......

16. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    "Och, you'll find more cheer in a cemerety" as one Welshman once said.

Come on people, lets get some life here.

Anyone??

Wait, is this like the Omega Man, and i'm the only man left alive in the Welsh board but don't realise it?
    Well, jigger me sideways!!

17. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    I'm alive... *checks heartbeat* yep still tickin'

18. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    ODJ: Cool! Another survivor of the carnage.

If this keeps up i'm going to defect to the Buffy posting forum. That will teach you all!!

Either that or go and answer one of the numerious and pointless questions Stormtrooperfan (I think that was his name) has stuck up on the British forum.

Question:

Is this place slowly turning into a barren wasteland?

Answers on a postcard. Addresses such as:

Dai Bute from Blanchlechau - are more welcome than others.

19. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Is this place slowly turning into a barren wasteland?

Yes... I think. Anyway it doesent realy matter.... Always look on the bright side of life.... *starts to whistle*

20. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    thought id stop by and say hello. I'm not from wales nor have i been there. But my family is welsh nationality. I'm from Las Vegas NV.

Wanted to give some life to the welsh boards. Maybe one extra person might help.

dkt out

21. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    I am a dark Welsh Aussie and proud of it

22. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Havn't been here in a while, thought I would pop back on and catch up with my possie.

Tried posting over on the British board a bit recently, but its been over run by 12 year old who have said some pretty stupid stuff about the Welsh (and Scotish).

So i've come back here, to more friendly and familiar surrounding.

That is if you will have me back?? :)

So what has everyone been up to? Anything interesting?

Darth Kevin-Thomas: New posters are always welcome here dude. So how is sunny Vagas? I'll try not to come out with all the usual silly Vagas questions.....

CAN'T HELP IT!!

Have you ever meet Sinatra or Elvis?

23. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Do the Welshy
    Do the Welshy
    Welcome back :D

24. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Cheers dude. Nice to be back.

Any idea where our fellow country men are? Nobody else has posted here for quite some time.

25. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Hmm it is very quiet, perhaps the mines are busy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.