main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC The "We're at Shore Leave!" thread.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Wolfdog, Jul 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2004
    Hey guys,

We're at Shore Leave and they've forced us to log on to the boards while giving blood. I swear this message is not induced by any substance not apporved by the Fanforce or its subsidiaries.

Okay, I'm going to log off and let my fllow inmates put in their two cents worth.

P.S. Eugenia says "Hi......... suckers!"

2. Velvetdragon

Velvetdragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2004
    Hi "Stallion"!

Remember, "My Colon, my aching Colon!"

I'm so glad I joined this group!

Velvetdragon
    aka Chrissy

3. Wolfdog

Feb 18, 2004
    heh Yeah, it's amazing the things you stumble upon.

I'll have some pictures up sometime this week. Don't worry, though. These won't be through geocities. :D

4. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I just said "hi." Stallion added the rest. Silly boy.

Here's my official report:

Chaos reigned. I think we spent half the weekend crossing paths with everyone. But I had fun with everyone that I got to spend any time with. And so everyone knows, Wolfdog is now named "Stallion" on account of his rambunctious self Saturday night.

And I'm really looking forward to seeing those pics! (I was quite restrained when I got hold of Stallion's camera - then again, he only had 3 shots left by that time...) We did get one in the bar, just so you know.

Best quotes of the weekend had to be "Oh, my aching colon!!" and "I work for the Discovery Channel, I KNOW what smells good." I'm sure there was more too, I'm just too sleepy to remember them right now....

5. Wolfdog

Feb 18, 2004
    Okay, for the record, "my aching colon" was not me. I think that credit goes to Ken1. The Discovery Channel one... yeah, that's me.

When I bring the non-disposable camera to Dragon*Con, I'll be sure to being lots of rolls of film. I had that camera with me, too. But I needed to get through the disposable one first. Some day, when I get a new laptop, I'll get a digital camera and then Eugenia can take all the incriminating pics of me to her hearts content. :)

6. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Another great thing I got to witness:

Stallion aka Thomas Jefferson aka Wolfdog: Hey, that's a great Anakin costume.
    Guy in black trooper armor: I'm not Anakin. I'm....
    Stallion: Hey! You're Anakin if I say you're Anakin!!

7. Wolfdog

Feb 18, 2004
    [face_laugh]
    I almost forgot about that. That and going up to the girl in the Slave Leia outfit and saying that she was all I wanted for Christmas are probably my two fondest inebriated memories.

*EDIT*
    My favorite sober memory includes doing the Darth Vader: Attorney at Law bit. I so wish we'd be able to do that at Dragon*Con, but I guess I'll have to wait for C3.

8. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    I believe credit for "my achin' colon!" goes to Chrissy. Something to do with red velvet cake and it's bizarre after effects. :eek:

9. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    And for those of you witness to the re-writing of "Te Deum" calypso style, I feel I should tell you Ken is still singing it. I'm going to go quite mad.

10. Velvetdragon

Feb 15, 2004
    I do remember coming up with the initial colon idea, but I believe it was a joint effort of the table to come up with the exact quote, "My Colon my achin' colon!" Ah, I love a group where I fit in!

I do hope that Ken will recreate the "Te Deum" song and dance at the next meeting, along with some of the added words. I'm eager to hear what else was created!

Romans come and me wan go home!

Velvetdragon
    aka Chrissy

11. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    Soldiers come, where Judas be?

It's quite the addicting little song. I have already gone mad.

12. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Ken bought The Life of Brian DVD yesterday just so he can do research to finish the song. It should be ready by DragonCon.

13. Wolfdog

Feb 18, 2004
    [image=http://photos.imageevent.com/wolfdog/shoreleave2004/websize/sl0412.jpg]

Well, here's our bar pic as promised. :D

If you want to see the rest of the pics, go over to:

http://imageevent.com/wolfdog/shoreleave2004

14. Velvetdragon

Feb 15, 2004
    *sniffle* I'm no where in there. And I never saw that Thomas Jefferson suit. And here I was wondering if everyone was just ribbing you, Wolfdog, because you're tall.

I really really need to get a costume or something together one of these days.

Velvetdragon
    aka Chrissy

15. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Interesting picture.

Why does it look like I've got a big square of cardboard in my shirt? And why are we so startled? Is it because Nurse Spatty is sneaking up behind us?

Chrissy, I seem to recall some talk about us all doing costumes of famous people from colonial America - I get to be Dolly Madison, but that leaves a lot of choice for you!! I mean, we can't let Thomas Jefferson be alone...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.