main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Westin

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by ObiWill, Mar 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    What about the post cards that came with the badges? I know you think I'm crazy, but stick with me here. If you got your badge sent to you, like I did, there was a postcard type thing that came with it. We could paperclip it to the do not disturb signs, or even tape them to the doors. That way we can tell who is there for Celebration and who isn't.

2. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Thats what I was suggesting above, I didn't get a postcard with my badge though... I am sure I can up with something to clip on the do not disturb sign. A suggestion if in the event you do disturb a room with someone who doesnt want to be disturbed, just use the old Jedi mind trick. Wave your hand in the air and say, "These arent the Star Wars fans we are looking for!"

And yes I have smelt wet bear, Yuck!

3. jjp125

jjp125 Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2002
    I would agree with the postcard idea or anything Star Wars related. Either tape it to the door or do not disturb sign. I will bring my postcard! Sorry, I cant make the meeting on Thursday, I am flying in Friday morning.

Please look for me, I have a suite to myself now that my wife and daughter are not coming.

4. Womprat757

Womprat757 Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2002
    I'll be staying at the Westin too, thanks to Captain Kirk. I just got a room today through priceline. I'm sure it'll beat the hell out of the room I cancelled at Econolodge. I think the postcard thing is a good idea. Will any of you guys be making namebadges for the con? I saw a good link to some namebadges in a post around here somewhere.

5. jjp125

jjp125 Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2002
    I was going to make a badge but dont think I have the time to get in laminated, plus since I just started posting here I doubt anyone would recgonize my name.

If I get some free time at work, I will try to run out.

6. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Good for you Womprat, although I am pretty jealous after finding out what your paying for a room now! Damnit Jim!

Anyway I got to find something to slap on the old door now, I was wondering what the chances are, if enough of us are there and request it, that they would put the FOX broadcasting of Return of the Jedi on the tube in the lounge at the hotel Thursday night? That could be fun?

7. RocketX

RocketX Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2002
    I'm there. A bunch of us got moved over from the Omni.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.