main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA The "What did you do today" Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Shadow_of_Evil, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    [girlfriend's accent] Heeelloooooo [/girlfriend's accent]

Heya folks. This is just a thread so you can tell us what you've done in the day, things that wont fit into any other threads here, but would still like to say it.
    Here's what I did:
    Went to TAFE, my Research and Organisation class got cancelled so I had 2 hours to kill before my sound class. Hit the pub with some friends, spent a weeks worth of money downing endless pints. Went to take half drunk (terrible I know I know) then got home at 6:30ish.
    Pretty ****ing boring really...minus the alcohol.

2. Symmbian

Symmbian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2004
    Awoke at 11 am. Decided to get up and get dressed and embark on flying my new Venom Spitfire RC aircraft. Upon arrival of my flying haunt I am dismayed to not only find a dog obedience class in full swing, but also kids doing a PE class there as well. Against better judgement I went to the other side of the clubhouse where the baseball diamonds are only to find I can?t determine accurately the wind direction or speed. Against good judgement I hand launch the plane and it promptly banks and noses into the ground. As I walk to the plane I noticed that the rudder is in the opposed direction of which I remember controlling it. After collecting the plane and dismounting the wing I realize that I have to reverse the rudder channel on my transmitter. Shortly there after I mutter about buying a tricycle undercarriage aircraft and leave the baseball park.

I leave to visit the hobby shop in Willeton I frequent and buy a speed controller for my other model, a Super Decathlon. Head over to my cousins place and get something for dinner, stay up for a bit, and then head back for home and here I am.

3. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    Ooooh Spitfire. We owned a real one for a period of time about eight years ago :)
    Never flew it...it was a trade deal.
    So pretty.

4. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/_GloomCookie_/Misc/patb.jpg]
    The same thing I do every day - Try and take over the world!

Actually I've been banging my head against the wall in frustration over the past few days.

I'm attempting to do some Dreamweaver/Coldfusion tutorials but my program doesn't do what the tutorial video is showing so I've been attempting to download the latest trial versions of DMX2004 and CF7. I downloaded the DMX2004 fine, but discover that it's still not working right. There is an additional update to possibly make it work, so now I have to download that version.

I've had nothing but trouble downloading CF7 because Macromedia has issues. And they haven't fixed the problem, but it appears to have been happening for months (if other people's blogs and stuff are anything to go by). And once I finally do find somewhere that will let me download the damn progam I'm still going to have to waste the day because it'll take me all day and probably half the night to download the damn thing.

So, I shall continue to bang my head against the wall in frustration, until something actually works in my favour for once...

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/_GloomCookie_/Misc/stupid.gif]

5. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    I went to work, posted here from work for a bit, then left work at 4.00pm to go to the store in galleria where I worked till 9.00pm.

I hate the wiggedy wiggedy whack fubu ****heads that hang out at the shops on Thursday night. Plus the Prada Backpack wearing girls who look like they took 2 hours to get ready to go to the shops! [face_clown]

(wow is this the bitching box?)

6. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    For yesterday.

Got up about 6 to drive the bus for the local school. Once I picked up all the kids and got them to school I went down to the manual arts room they have (but don't use) and did about an hours work on my Playstation cockpit I'm working on (almost finished, yay)

Went home and played MGS3-Snake Eater for an hour or so, had some lunch and headed back to school to drop the kiddies off home. Dropped the school bus off at the principals house, walked home and cooked up some dinner. Ate dinner then went to work for a couple of hours.

Came home, Slept.

7. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Woke up at 11am, (40 minutes ago) crawled out of bed with very bad hangover and slowly returning memories of the night before, Which involved $5 steaks and $3.50 Guinness.

Will spend the rest of the day working on draft number 3 of a script, interspersed with GTA: SA when I get stuck, then going out for dinner.

8. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Yesterday, went to work. Had a long and extremely boring meeting after work. Got home. Played Farcry for a while. Had dinner. Played Rome TW for a while. Went to bed.

9. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    $3.50 Guinness!!!
    Arrrgh! Compared to the $7.20 at my pub...dammit!
    Oh reminds me, gotta go to the bottle-o to buy some for tomorrow.

So far today, I've woken up after a late night...played some Vietcong online, listening to music and waiting for my girlfriend to rock up so I can cook her breakfast.

10. Master_Kaustin

Master_Kaustin Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    my morning today is crap.. last night spent 2hours doing business plans... nearly done!

woke up 2 hours late for work... now im at work.. didnt take my pain killers before i left, dont think ill be able to get out of this chair..

fun fun :(

11. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    That's not good dude. Can you not get out of work on sick leave or something like that? I can't imagine you being at all comfortable at work.

12. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
  13. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    Ive already had my fair share of days off, and i gotta have an operation so im trying to save my sick days... and leave...

not good at all...

worst thing is i got up so quick this morning i forgot to take my pills so give it an hour and ill prolly be on my way back home again

14. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Hmm, let's see. Work up at 4.30am and did the usual morning thing (shower and coffee). Got to work and rewound the CCTV, then walked into my office and threw the cash offoce keys on the table as there was rubbish all over the desk. Cleaned the desk and then went back into the managers office to change the video, only to find out that after the door closed, the keys were still on the desk! Smart one! :oops: I spent the next hour with the trainee manager who was training with me for the week drinking coffee and twiddling my thumbs! When the manager came at 7am, we then madly counted up 20 registers (with about 6 major errors!) and went onto the morning routine - balance EFT, count cash, bank cash, spot check registers and get ready for Armagaurd. Throw in estimated wage calc for the week and that was the morning!

Then I got bored, like I usually do on a Friday - nit much there, except get bits and pieces ready for Monday and leave notes for my Sat girl. And then there's the afternoon cash collection....

At lunch, I went to Greater Union. As part of our "Fresh Future" fundraising for PMH, we're having a movie. We booked Charlie & thr Chocolate Factory - and O'll let you guys know more about it when the time comes, cause I'd like you to help us by donating! ;) While at GU, I got to taste test the new chocolate popcorn (yuk)! Then I went to Wendy's for a "shake 'n' dog" and got free ice-cream taste testing.

Finished work at 2.30pm, after spending majority of the day bumming around! Had to drop off a box of computer paper to Mirrabooka (cause we borrowed a box of them for oour out dated dot matrix printer!) and followed slowies all the way home. The rest of the day will be spent watching episodes of Smallville Season 3. That reminds me, must pre-order season 4 from amazon.com....

Mental note to self: Always put keys in pocket after opening door....

15. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    Im on a hell smallville frenzy at the moment!!

over the past 3 weeks ive watched Series Three, Two and half of Three, trying to finish it..

I love it!

16. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Reall? Me too! When I was sick, I started with season1 and then 2 and I've just started 3! And I've just pre-ordered season 4. So what if it's region 1 - Oz won't get it until this time next year! I was peeved when ch 9 took it off. I was hangin out for the Chris Reeve episode.....

17. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    awoke, had a coffee, at 10am lectured on Information Architecture for an hour and mised in 2 hours of teaching some vector drawing techniques for 2 hours, had lunch, been hone ever since lol

18. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    My day consisted of a lot more

This damn program is driving me crazy! Why the hell are parts no longer working when I have just upgraded?! What the hell is going on?! And now I have to wait an hour until Soup gets home from work.

19. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    what program is that Angel?

20. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Dreamweaver MX 2004 and Coldfusion MX.

21. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    oh they usually are fairly solid

22. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    See, normally I'd agree with you. But lately I have had nothing but problems. I'm trying to upgrade my version of Coldfusion, but the download from the site is corrupt and the only solution they offer is to keep trying. As far as I have been able to work out, they say it only downloads correctly via IE *shudders* and as I'm on dialup that is taking me forever (I use GetRight a lot when downloading because it's speedier, but I can't with this damn file).

I spent the last 2 days downloading Coldfusion, only to discover that it was a corrupt download and now I have to try again. And what is even better about that is the fact that each time I attempt to download the damn thing I get an e-mail from Macromedia thanking me for downloading it. But the effing program isn't working! I don't want to be thanked for it, I want them to fix the damn problem!

And Dreamweaver, normally a damn good program. But I'm trying to work my way through some tutorials on the Macromedia site and some of the elements that the tutorial is showing aren't happening in my version and I have no idea why. They were there before I upgraded and now they're gone. Things like (I have no idea if you're familiar with it) the + button when adding a data source. That's gone, I have to actually go into the CF admin thing to add a datasource instead of just hitting the +.

But the one that is really driving me bonkers at the moment is when I'm trying to make a cfcomponent, the tutorial tells me that I should now see some different things come up in the recordset (namely something to do with adding new functions) but in my version I'm still getting the same stuff as I did previously, which means that I can't complete that step.

23. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    hmmm do you need the upgrades? I would maybe revert back to the version you know. Although i guess if u r following the tutorials then you need them. Maybe find some other tutorial sites which may help. Hard to say without being able to see it. Does sound like u are not having an enjoyable experience. I had huge problems upgrading my version of Adobe Premiere once

24. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Your nearby (I think?), you could always come around here and just wack it into my dsl to update it? As long as you have an NIC or equivelent (onboard)?

25. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Mixo - I'm currently looking at going back to the previous version, but I can't remember if there was a reason why I went out and downloaded the upgrades. I can't remember if I did have a problem with the previous version or not, these problems have destroyed my brain.

Stinky - thanks very much for the offer, but we are currently without transport and I don't know what an NIC is. I'd guess that's Soup's department. :)

I've got to get away from this computer before Soup comes home to bits of it flying around the unit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.