main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA The "What did you do today" Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Shadow_of_Evil, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    I am addicted to ebay.

I payed $170 for a Boba Fett Unleashed figure.

Nobody tell Irene!

2. Symmbian

Symmbian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2004
    Got up.
    Checked the weather and saw it was blowing a gale and raing. Went back to bed.

Got up again
    Realised some stuff on azureus had download and it was worth being up.
    Stayed up.

Looked out at the weather, and decided really hard about buying a micro RC helicopter.
    Still thinking....well either that or a RC drift car.

3. masteroftheforce20

masteroftheforce20 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2005
    The weather is shocking at the moment, don't you agree? I had to go to university today for only a hour, but it was an important lecture so I suppose I had to go.
    Now I am studying. I have staring at this book for hours on methodologies and information seeking and my head is starting to spin.
    Still, hopefully I can have a break later tonight and maybe watch something on television.
    Life is hard at the moment. Once I get three assignments done by the end of the week I should be okay.

4. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Went to work, but didn't do much. I was more excited for the "Charlie & the Chocolate Factory" than actually working! Finished work at 4pm, but stayed back to make more goodie bags for the kids (there ended up being too many). Got changed into my Veruca Salt costume then picked Kart up. Got back to Morley - had cheeseburger on the run for dinner. Dessert was a Wonka bar! Set up the cinema - in other words, placed four golden tickets under chairs. Boss did a speech. People hunted for golden tickets. Area mananger drew door prize out of a hat. The movie was GREAT! We even had some Oompa Loompas at the door taking donations (the movie ended up being FREE as the social club paid for the tickets). The kids loved their goodie bags, and the adults loved the Wonka bars. We even managed to sneak in a trolley of cans! Took a big bagful home too! Must remember to take the doantion money to work with me tomorrow.....

And Mithrissa - dude you and your friend looked excellent! What a mighty fine pair of Oompa Loompas you made!

5. Symmbian

Jan 15, 2004
    Up @ 7, hoping for a flight this morning, but the wind is gusting which is worse than a constant strong breeze. One minute your flying in a co ordinated fashion, the next your'e at the hobby store purchasing another wing.

Posting on the boards, and will spend the best portion of today paying bills, arranging a new windscreen, and buying another Lithium Polymer battery for my Decathlon. And I think I just added paying a visit to Empire Collectables to the list.

6. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Any pics of the big event Nat ??

I'm about to start organising the loading of the car and last minute jobs that pop up every time we plan a trip to Perth. I find it funny that you guys are complaining about the weather, the more you guys complain the more eager I am to get there.

And for everyone thats upset about fuel prices, I payed $1.52 a litre yesterday.

7. Master_Kaustin

Master_Kaustin Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    hrmm.. went back to court for another day.... Didnt get picked for the first one... then the second one i got challenged...

In a way im happy im not gonna have to sit through another case roughly the same as the first.. but it was definatly an experience..

I feel sorry for the poor bastards who were with me on my first jury who got picked for a 7day case :(

hehe now im back at work!!... yay!

8. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Awesome night last night, despite the wet weather. Made a new friend (Mithrissa!!!! :D ) and enjoyed an awesome movie (I say again, anyone who hasn't seen it SEE IT!).

Nat, I tip my hat to you for organising such a cool event. Love the goodie bags too ;) Thank you!!!

9. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Spent today catching up on two days work - damn movie screening. I'm glad the kids loved the goodie bags! It was such a fun night, but I'm paying for it through catch up work and lack of sleep. I won't be in charge of next year's screening thoigh (if we have one) as I'll be overseas on holidays.

10. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Aztek, I am loving the weather at the moment. Winter finally came!

Today I felt like death, not even warmed up. I'm sick. And I'm sick of being sick. I finally crawled out of bed around 11am and had a shower, then sat at the computer and checked my e-mail. Turns out the guy doesn't like anything I've done on the site so far, so I now have to start pretty much from scratch again. Yay me. So much for having it finished for the weekend.

11. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Today I went to work dressed like this:

[image=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a251/Natkulynycz/Pirate2.jpg]

Yes, it was Pirates day at Woolies Morley. My first choice was to go as Jack Sparrow, but then I decided to hire a costume.

We also had a lot of demos today for "Fresh Flavours". Boy did I have fun going around the store sampling food... =P~ Did I actually do any work? Yes, but I also had a lot of stuff ups. Boy is my area supervisor gonna kill me........

And JA, this is the only pic I have from the "Charlie & the Chocolate Factory" screening - our Oompa Loompas that were at the door collecting donations. I have to admit, not bad considering at Sue-Anne bought material, face paint and hairspray at lunch!

[image=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a251/Natkulynycz/OompaLoompa2.jpg]

12. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Today I painted this.
    Well as you can see the castle is not exactly painted by the sky was :)
    ;)
    [image=http://www.soedigital.com/images/dfn2.jpg]

13. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Saturday

Went to work to sell raffle tix - again. Own of my work collegues dressed up as Stitches the Bear (PMH mascot), so I was given the task of walking him around the store. He also made 5 kids cry. Later on in the day, I dressed up as Stitches! I sat out with the trailer and rattled the donation tin and waved to everyone! I also got hugs from the kiddies!

[image=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a251/Natkulynycz/Stitches7.jpg]

Sunday

Stayed in my PJ's all day and watched the first 2 discs of the Muppet Show season 1 and Teenage Mutant Ninja Tutles on video. I can't believe I found it in dad's VHS collection!

14. Symmbian

Jan 15, 2004
    zomg

I got to fly today!! The wind dropped and I got to fly my spitfire with the new lipo 11.1 v battery and the centre of gravity dialled in correctly. At 1/4 throttle it behaved itself very well, except for the landing which was rather hot and ended up nosing her into the grass. I did burn the speed controller out somewhat, well completely, but I will replace it with a much higher current rating unit sometime this week.

Also got to start rubbing back the rust on my car, prepping it to prime and then hit it with some one step paint in the next day.

And hello!morning just downloaded, Yay'age!

15. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Today was cleaning day. I spent about 5 hours cleaning the house and it's still not finished. After that I came onto the computer and tried to do more work on the website but I'm sick and my brain isn't functioning properly so I think I've just been going round and round in circles.

16. Master_Kaustin

Master_Kaustin Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    Today,

Im at work now till 11pm!

Got myself an ABN a domain and hosting :)

Weekend was quiet!... didnt do much.. hit the gym a couple of times... getting foxtel on next friday.. and thats it...

Nothing much else.. have fun :p

17. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Same ols, same old. Got up went to work. My Mon helper slept in and was half an hour late, so therefore behind most of the morning. The afternoon was quiet. Lost money out of the safe again. I don't know what's happening as it didn't appear in my pocket.....

Got home. Made dinner. Watched some episodes of the Muppet Show. Rang mum to see if she had any clothes left from the 70's (this week's dress up theme). Got on the net. Will have dessert soon and then go to bed....................

18. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    Hmm...woke up to the girlfriend complaining cause she's ill.
    Did some graphics stuff. Went for a drive, installed a 106cm Plasma screen on the wall....ate...now.

19. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I had a pretty hectic weekend starting on thursday afternoon.

Left Wiluna about 2.30pm thursday afternoon, at about 3.30 Nicole lost control of the car while we were driving on a gravel road and we ended up in the scrub surrounded by dead branches from a rotted out tree. Luckily noone was hurt (we were doing about 90klms at the time) did some panel damage and we'll have to replace the front bumper, also punctured a tyre from one of the dead branches. Changed the wheel and had a pretty uneventful 9 hours of driving after that (Nicole was a bit too shaken up to do anymore driving)

On friday we rang the insurance company and visited some panel beaters to get quotes, hopefully we'll get the car fixed in the school holidays. Did some shopping at Belmont forum with my sister then went into the city and had dinner and saw Charlie and the chocolate factory with friends. May have spotted Karty outside JB's, not sure though, didn't want to say hello just in case it wasn't him.

On saturday we went and bought some fancy paper to do our engagement party invitations from a place in North Perth. Went to the galleria to do some food shopping, saw people selling tickets outside Nats store and heard all the funny pirate comments while we did our shopping. Don't think I saw Nat though.

Saturday night was Nicole's sisters 21st birthday party, a good time had by all. Only bad thing about the party were the frozen coktail machines, took way too long to drink.

Sunday was visiting friends and family, picked up my gaming table (poker/roulette/chess/backgammon) from storage at my dads. Had dinner with my mum and scored a set of hand made chess pieces that my Nan had made 20-30 years ago in Bali. Not sure what kind of stone the pieces are carved out of, might take a couple to perth next time and get some people top look at them.

Yesterday was another 10 hour drive back to Wiluna and then dinner and off to work for a couple of hours.

Feels damn good to be home.

20. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    AHHA! I knew it was you!! Damn it I should have said hey :p bugger.

By the way, I was standing there not enjoying elton john, but waiting for someone, in case you were interested :p lol

21. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I didn't even notice that Elton was playing.

I would have felt like a fool if I said hello and it wasn't you, now I feel like one because it was you.

Doh!

22. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    How many people sitting at the table? Was there a big bear? Did you hig the bear?! I was at the Galleria ll day sat attempting to sell tickets (I hope you bought one or you're dead). And sorry about the bad pirate stuff over the PA - it drove me nuts for two days........

Today was a better day today. I didn't lose any money out of the safe - yippee! I did however get told off by my area supervisor about the register results for last week and now loss prevention is getting involved. Saint dude, I may need your legal help..... After work, went to mum and dad's to pick up some 70's clothes for work - two dresses and some real nice jackets. These faux fur jackets of mum's were from the 70's and they're back in fashion! Fits me just nicely and will keep them! Also stayed for dinner (what else are parents for?).

23. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I think there were two people sitting at the table when I walked past, and neither one resembled a bear. We were in a bit of a hurry so no, I did not buy a ticket or whatever was being sold there. I barely remembered seeing the table as it is. I didn't mind the pirate talk over the PA though, was kinda funny in a shifty way.

24. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Glad to read no-one was hurt Aztek. How's your little one doing?

Today I think I made some progress on the site. I just have to wrap my head around some new coding and stuff and I think I might actually have it working. No way near complete, but the fact that it will be working in some form is a huge step considering it's just been a load of rubbish so far. It'd be nice if Dreamweaver accepted the fact that I have actually set up the testing server and give me that damn tick so I can continue with it, but oh well...

25. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    I had a fairly laid back day today.
    Talked to the Production Assistant on a new WWII drama and I've got the job as a digital matte artist which I'm pretty happy 'bout.
    Apart from that...pretty boring day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.