main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA The "What did you do today" Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Shadow_of_Evil, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Did nothing all day. Except traing with my bo staff, nunchucks and legs.
    Other than that, I watched the first season of the Chapelle Show and right now I'm watching Muay Thai kickboxing on FoxSports II.
    In about 15 minutes I'm going to the beach for a late night swim with a good friend :)

2. masteroftheforce20

masteroftheforce20 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2005
    Today I have been applying for jobs. It's really annoying but the government says that I have to do it if I want their money so yeah. I've also done a bit of surfing around the net and playing a Star Wars video game on my computer. It's been one of those lazy days. I figure I earned it because tomorrow I have an appointment with my Job Network member. I hate going to those appointments!

3. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Worked at my old store today, ie Belmont. What a mess! Three cashiers have waled out since I left (mid-June) and the place is in shambles. There hasn't been a payroll-trained cashier there in three weeks, so I was brought in. 12 new employees I had to load! 12! That took all morning. I did what I had to and nothing else.

Now I'm going to chill by watching either Queen: Lve at Wembley Stadium or Queen: Live at the Bowl.

4. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Finally, someone else who hates it like I do.

5. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    What star wars game was it?

6. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Started work at 6am and was busy up until 12.15pm when I left and never came back.....

7. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Packing and moving, Packing and moving, Packing and moving........

8. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    Woke up realising I left the TV on ;)
    Got up and printed off a few dozen pages on Dynamic Motion Synthesis and what not and gave them a read.
    Went on a picnic with the missus and then cancelled my trip to the pub with my mates. Pretty crap day.

9. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    In a moment of absent mindness, I forgot that the oven was on and my dinner still waiting to be put in.

Wait for news updates that a house in the hills has gone up in smoke....

10. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Got up, went to work. Imaged and Installed software. Threw a perfectly good 21 inch Monitor into a skip (didnt implode, boo) Set up more PC's. Came home. Attempted to find the 'perfect' video compression:quality, gave up on my Mediagate. Put it back in the box and set my alarm to take it back tomorrow.

11. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    Attempted to find the 'perfect' video compression:quality

Yeah? Using what software?

12. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Anything/everything.. Used things from Ulead, After Effects, Premiere a few other video tweaking programs. It isnt the program thats the problem though, more the codec's. Mediagate can only play a limited selection of codecs, so, I tweaked video sizes, compressions, audio codecs and compressions, trying to find the ideal data rate for the Mediagate. I was unable to, without loosing too much quality (and rightly so, 'miffed') and took it back for a refund today.

I currently have my old amalgamation of PC parts setup in a slave unit next to the TV. Plugged in, with a cheapish Winfast 2000TV XP tuner and my very old Matrox G400 Dualhead (32mb, but man, fantastic quality graphics, higher than the poor quality, high performance cards like nvidia/ati).. I can play video files through the tuner, record TV programs (even schedual computer startup and record times). However, it requires a mouse (which I have my old microsoft wireless explorer), but I wanted something stand-alone, that I didnt have to juggle a wireless mouse, Tuner remote and TV remote to simply watch videos. While the Mediagate doesnt record or TV tune, it was supposedly a high quality player. And smaller than a PC (think a bit smaller than a regular PS2 size). I just couldnt get a smooth, high quality video running well on it.

13. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Died in the heat of no air conditioning and rubbish fan with no ventilation.....

R.I.P. Nat @};-

14. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    Wed 15th:
    Woke up at 3.30pm
    Breakfast at 4.15pm
    PSI meeting at 5.40pm
    On the trucks at 5.45pm
    Thursday 16th:
    Get hotseated back out at 5.45am Thursday morning.
    Back in camp by 6.20am
    On the plane at 9.15am
    Spend the afternoon shopping round Perth.
    Crawl into bed about 9.30pm... only up for 30 hrs this time back.. unlike the 35hr day 25/26/27th Jan!
    Friday 17th:
    Bum around at home waiting for the lounge to be delivered..
    "We'll be there between 11am and 3pm"
    Of course they turn up at 2.45 [face_plain]
    Sat 18th:
    Spend the day at the OBH drinking Bundy with a bunch of guys from work.
    Sun 19th:
    Crawl out of bed at 11.45am and turn the aircon off... bit chilly for sleeping :p
    Continue reading Eldest for a bit, then actually look at/log into the forums for the first time in 2 years.

15. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Sat - bugger all. Went to mum and dad's at 5pm to stay over as the brother hosted a buck's party for his mate. Had a free feed at mum and dad's, went om the net their (so slow) and then watched Dukes of Hazzard when I went to bed.

Woke at 9am and then I realised where I was. Went home at 10am and did a clothes and towel wash. Cleaned the bathroom and then napped on the couch for a few hours.

16. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    Don't you just love those lazy days?

17. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Mate, that's every weekend for me. I have no money to spend. The best days are when you stay in your PJ's all weekned and just watch movies and eat junk food. :D

18. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    Hahaha, that's likely to be me Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.. then back to work on Friday for another 13.

19. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Does anyone have a gun? What a rubbish day.

Firstly, my NT computer froze and I was on the phone to IT all morning trying to get People Planner up and working, which also happens to be part of the Payroll system. That also meant phoning Nationa Payroll about them pulling the backup file - which was lat run on Friday, not Saturday like it should have been. I had a lot of changes to make on the timecard! Then my Monday helper couldn't calculate and got the EFT balance all buggered. Of course, my magic touch worked! Then they wanted me to go Dianella tomorrow, and when I said no they wanted me to find a backup. What am I? HR?

Then Dizty Diane (who is as thick as two bricks) and Dipstick Damien annoyed me. And the ***** that drive 80km/hr up Tonkin Hwy......

:mad:

20. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I'm now kinda settled in Kalgoorlie, staying with some friends for the time being.

Started my new job on the 13th, only to find that a better position within the company was available. The boss moved me to the new position last tuesday and so far I'm loving it. Should come with a pay rise and possibly a company car. Gotta love that.

We'll have to get together soon Soneil.

21. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    Gotta love cyclones up this end of the world.

Spent most of the day working under the shovel, and had the 2pm late lunch. Get back in my truck at about 2.40 and as I'm heading up the ROM ramp it starts raining. Parked up on the ROM for the rest of the arvo and got picked up about 5.15. On the bus and back in camp by 5.45 which is better than back in camp at 6.20 with all the millrats- no queue in the mess!!!

Hehe checked the bureaus' page and it turns out there was only 0.2ml rain in camp, sure was a bit more than that on our side of the pit!

22. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Got up at 12pm. Asleep again by 3pm!

23. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    Well today was as close as I hope to get to dropping a tie rod or having an engine fire in a 793.
    Spent the afternoon in the simulator which we've just nabbed off Cadia mine in NSW.
    Pretty swanky bit of gear although the hardware is a couple of years old and the software about 18 months.
    It's a proper truck seat/dash panel setup, on hydraulics with 3 screens around the driver and was used over in NSW for driver training, although here we're using it for emergency training only.

Soemthing about setting a $5M truck on fire so you can do the emergency training... *shrugs*

24. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    I got bitten on the hand by a Port Jackson Shark...that was my highlight for the day :)

25. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    I woke up - Because I was hot.
    I did some washing - got hot.
    Watched a few movies (evil dead 2, army of darkness etc) - Not bad, but still hot.
    Taped Muppets in Manhatten and half of Muppets in Space or whatever its called. - Still hot.

Avoiding going to bed, because its still... hot..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.