main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

???The What If Club - (Check Out Our Grand Re-Opening Sale)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by slobadog, Aug 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slobadog

slobadog Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    Welcome to "The What If Club"!

As you speed through life have you ever stopped to take a break, looked up at the stars and wondered more than just why and how things happened, but if they could have gone differently. Imagine, What If Ree-Yees wasn't always drunk. Mara Jade never seceeded in getting to Luke on Jomark. And finally just what if Trawn had been in command of the battle of Endor.

This is the place to discuss, debate and speculate on the Mysterious What ifs of the EU.

*After you entered this club you found yourself in a spacious room not dissimlar to Old Republic design. You are on the highest floor of the building, and expansive windows make sure that your aware of that fact from any corner of the room. In the center is sitting a copy of the table from the Imp. officer discussion in ANH. Surrounding the table are nice black comfy chairs. Not too far off the other side of the table sits a snack bar with coffee and doughnuts. At the back of the room you will find a dignified shelf stacked with copies of all the EU books for refrence. Except for the NJO. Which is evil.*

And I am your host Slobadog.

Please, take a seat!

2. jedimasterkipdurron

jedimasterkipdurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    You said ignore but you could call in The Alternative History Club!

3. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    What ru talking about? NJO PWNZ! Now, back to your regularly scheduled topic. What would have happened if Corran Horn had taken on Leonia Tavira as a "friend with benefits" as I like to say, in I, Jedi?

4. Gaeri

Gaeri Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 12, 2003
    What would have happened if Corran Horn had taken on Leonia Tavira as a "friend with benefits" as I like to say, in I, Jedi?

Just got done reading that one a few books back, and since it's fresh in my memory I want to throw in my two cents.

If Corran threw in with Leonia, he'd probably like it for a while. That much was evident from his thoughts. That, and he's a guy. :) But he would have thrown in with her for selfish reasons, which would lead him to the dark side, as he realized in his inner monologues. The dark side is seductive...

I doubt he would have freed Mirax if he fell in with Leonia like that. Either way, Mirax would figure a way back to consciousness and then kick the crap out of Corran. I doubt infidelity would sit well with her.

If Mirax remained in her coma, then Booster would have been obliged to kick the crap out of Corran. He wanted to already, and now Corran would just be giving him a good reason.

Either way, Corran would bite it. Though he became evil, the good would triumph. Why? Because it's SW.

[face_devil]

5. jedimasterkipdurron

Aug 4, 2003
    The NJO is offical canon it's not going to change so you should add that to here! You could do what if the NJO never happened! *which would be bad*

6. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    If the NJO never happened, there would be a massive void in my life. That'd be like saying what if SW never happened. NJO poses a lot of good questions, answers others, and generally fosters debate and anticipation--and makes money doing so. None of that would have happened if it wasn't for NJO. THAT'S what would've happened.

7. Gaeri

Gaeri Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 12, 2003
    I personally like the NJO, and all the EU, but when you're doing a "What if?" it really doesn't matter what you consider canon or not. You're still fecking with it either way.

Anger leads to the dark side, Kip. ;)

Edit: And slobadog doesn't seem to be saying the NJO didn't happen. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) Just that there is a reference shelf with all the EU books (probably similar to my apartment), but the NJO books aren't there. *Gross* negligence on whoever stacked the section, but whatever. I don't need a reference section to know what happens in the NJO, and if someone put up a What If on the NJO, I'd reply to it just as easily as anything else.

8. slobadog

Aug 28, 2002
    Your right. I don't know who made this terrible mistake. I'll make sure they get on ye shelf now.

speaking of turning to the dark side. what kind of effect would C'baoth have on luke if Mara didn't secceed in reaching him.

9. jedimasterkipdurron

Aug 4, 2003
    He would have probably died!

10. slobadog

Aug 28, 2002
    You sure. Luke may have eventuly givin in to some of C'Baoth's points and when he left he may have emerged from his new training at least temporaily poisioned to a certain extent.

11. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    Yeah, probably. Eventually Luke would have killed C'baoth anyway. One thing I don't like about most of the books is how they depict Luke as an enormous wuss. Anyone who can beat Darth Vader in a fight and then convince him to overthrow his own master has got to be the coolest guy alive. If they made Luke anywhere close to what he should be, Luke would have killed C'baoth with a thought after trying to convince him to return to the light side. Ripped his arteries, crushed his heart, melted his brain--the ways to die are endless. And about Luke's clone--no clone can be as good as the original. Look at the clone troopers--they're not near as powerful as Jango. But the way they've written Luke makes following the light side look so damn easy--and it makes the dark side look better. That's why I like Kyp Durron. I loved it when he pushed the gravitic anomaly in on the Yuuzhan Vong ship with the Force and ripped it to shreds. That was greatness!

12. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Waht would've happened if Falyn Sandskimmer hand't died in Wraith Squadron would Myn have killed Lara?

13. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    Heck if I know. It's been a VERY long time since I've read any Rogue/Wraith Squadron novels. I'm concentrated on NJO, mainly. I'm also waiting for the price on Shatterpoint to drop. I ain't payin $26 for a book. I also have other stuff eating my time--school, band, lots of stuff. What if Shmi Skywalker had gotten hit by a car or something and died before she gave birth to Anakin?

14. Gaeri

Gaeri Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 12, 2003
    What would've happened if Falynn Sandskimmer hadn't died in Wraith Squadron would Myn have killed Lara?

That's a pretty good question. Myn bugged me a bit as he seemed to try to latch onto anything nearby in Wraith Squadron and Iron Fist. Guy does get a bum deal, though. If he had stayed with Falynn and they were happy and blah blah blah, then he probably never would have tried pursuing Lara romantically.

But Myn also wouldn't have had a strong attachment to Lara that made him chase after her in the first place and almost shoot her down. He wouldn't have felt as compelled to go after and probably wouldn't have been in the position to remove her. His love/hate gave him the passion for the chase, but if Falynn was there, Myn probably wouldn't have much to do with Lara at all, killing her or even noticing she was there.

And alpha_red, who isn't dealing with school, band, and lots of stuff? ;)

What would have happened if Admiral Daala hadn't lost two of her four Star Destroyers when coming out of the Maw?

15. Jedi_Loon

Jedi_Loon Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 15, 2002
    What would have happened if Admiral Daala hadn't lost two of her four Star Destroyers when coming out of the Maw?

She would have still been pounded by the NR. First off her tactics were outdated and secondly she only had four detroyers, its not a huge fleet...

16. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    She probably would have lasted a bit longer, though.

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    What if the Falcon with Han and Chewie had been destroyed on Kessel in the first Jedi Academy book?

18. Jedi_Loon

Jedi_Loon Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 15, 2002
    Possibly. Also her tactics may have been suited for her smaller fleet...

Still they may have been wiped out by the suncrusher when it took out her last but one remaining SD...

19. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    If the Falcon was destroyed, Han would space himself. No Falcon, no Han. 8-}

20. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Han would buy some ole bucket of rust and then bring her up to the Falcon's standards with Jaina's help of course.

21. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    What if Ton Phanan hadn't died?

22. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Face and he would've become a comedy duo going system to system performing improv.

23. jedimasterkipdurron

Aug 4, 2003
    If Han had died there wouldn't be any Anakin!

24. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    What if Jaina wasn't excepted by Rogue Sqaudron?

25. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    Who knows? She probably wouldn't be so broody and crap. Then again, she never would have met Jag. I don't really like him, anyway, so oh well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.