main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The What if the Empire Sequel=COMPLETED 11/14

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Darth Pipes, Aug 6, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Hey, everyone! It's finally that time. I present to you the What if the Empire Sequel.

I'm sorry this took longer than expected. The editing for the first story took awhile. Plus, I had a few things to take care of. Fortuneately, my co-writer ami-padme is much quicker than I am and will finish the edit of the first story very soon. It will put it up on Vader's Mask in the near future. I

Let me give you the links for the first fanfic which this story is based on:

What if the Empire(Ep 4-6) went back in time to Ep 1?

Part 1 http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=165539

Part 2 http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=212764

This story will take place six months after the events of the first story. However, the prolouge, which ami-padme will write soon will take place in the past. I hope you enjoy this fic.

THE WHAT IF THE EMPIRE SEQUEL

BY DARTH PIPES AND AMI-PADME

2. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    Yay! We're starting again. :)

I am the reason this took so long, and I thank Pipes for his infinite patience. ;) I will be posting the prologue shortly, and then we can really get going...

3. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

YES!!!!!

::jumps around like a fool::

YES YES YES!! Please post!!! :D

aa :D

4. Darth Beavis

Darth Beavis Jedi Youngling

Nov 20, 1999
    As the lovable Homer Simpson says

WOOOHOOOO!!

5. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    I am, like, so psyched......I am waiting, post away!

6. ami-padme

Sep 19, 1999
    >>>From "What if the Empire Went Back in Time to Ep. I"?

"I pray that you are successful." His voice dropped to a pleading whisper. "Please, Amidala, just survive. If you are alive when I return, I will find you, no matter what has happened or where you are. I swear it."

Amidala took a deep, shaky breath, and let it out slowly. "I will." She leaned against him, undeterred by the armor.

He returned the embrace. The two simply remained there, holding each other in silence.<<<

_5 years later_

Amidala stood at a door that led to the Palace basement. She had told herself that when this moment came, she would suddenly be prepared. A calm would come over her. The perfect words would spring to mind. She would do and say the right thing, and he would leave with her.

And everything would be fixed.

But now, she could only snicker at her naïveté. She was almost sick with nervousness. And the right words? There was no possible way to discern what those were. Oh, she had gone through millions of versions of what she would say. She had thought herself into circles on more than one occasion. And every single thought she had seemed inadequate. Not understanding enough. Or tough enough. Or clear enough. Or emotional enough.

How in the world was she supposed to get through to him?

Of course, Anakin had warned her about this. Even he couldn?t come up with any solid advice for this situation?he told her that his emotions were too raw and confusion to even begin to work through. That was why he had been so worried about her doing this.

But she had to try.

Amidala put her hand to the doorknob, and began to turn it slowly. Whatever happened, she had to let him know that ?

"Why are you here?"

She spun around, and came face-to-face with her husband, who was standing just behind her in the hallway. She wondered for a moment why she hadn't heard his breathing?

"Answer me, Amidala."

Amidala could tell that he meant for his tone and his words and appearance to be threatening. And it almost worked. But not quite. She was no longer surprised or intimidated by his armor. She could see and feel her husband beneath all of that, and she wasn't afraid of him.

"I've come for you, Anakin." And those were the words that came. Simplistic, but honest. She waited for his response.

She wound up waiting for a long moment. Finally, he said, "Then you are here on a fool's errand."

"I don't think I am." She moved toward him, but he backed away. "I want to help?I know how confused you?re feeling, how much you're hurting." She took a few more steps forward, and took the same number back. "I know?how much pain you're in. Anakin, I ?"

"You know nothing of the sort," he snapped. "Otherwise, I doubt you would be here. Or do you normally seek out murderers of your people, Your Majesty?"

Amidala flinched inwardly, but tried not to show how his words hurt her. "I did hear of that. And I came anyway."

"To 'help' me? To 'save' me?" The words came out bitterly. "We both know it is too late for that." He paused, and then added in a much softer tone, "We both know that this was all decided a long time ago."

"No, I don't know that. You just left ? I didn't get to decide anything." She grabbed his hand quickly, before he could move away again. "I know you think that you can't come with me, that you can't leave this behind. But you can. You *can*, Anakin."

"I ? I cannot," he said, in the same soft tone. Then, he seemed to catch himself. He jerked his hand away from her and straightened himself stiffly. His tone again became cold. "Nor do I wish to. You must leave, Amidala."

Her hand hung in the air between them. "I want you to know that I still love you. I ?"

"Then you are more foolish than I thought." He turned away from her. "I am no longer that man. I have moved beyond that now." She felt him struggle for the next words, heard him start several sentences without finishing. "If nothing else, Amidala, the events here?have proved how complete my l

7. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Great post ami-padme. Once again, you have proven your greatness. I hope I can live up to it.

I shall write the next post either tomorrow or Tuesday. My thanks to everyone who has posted already.

8. SithAbigail

SithAbigail Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2000
    Ooh, wonderful post, ami-padme. I liked how Amidala wouldn't give up, even though Ani was being a stubborn jerk. I can't wait to read more! :)

9. Mistress Sudafed

Mistress Sudafed Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    It's back! I'm the laziest of lurkers, but I do read this fic :p Happy happy joy joy

10. Vee

Vee Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 16, 2000
    Yay!

11. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    In the words of our favorite Sithy:

Yippee!! :)

Great start, a-p... *grumbles* Why does Ani have to be so stiff and tightwaddy? I know, I know, I must learn patience...

12. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Wow...totally WONDERFUL!!! Please, we need some more! Amidala will NEVER give up!!

admittedly excited

13. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    19 years later...

Never come back.

Never come back.

Never come back.

NEVER COME BACK!

Anakin Skywalker's eyes snapped opened and he began to look around. All he could see through his facemask was hyperspace. He suddenly remembered where he was. He was aboard on x-wing fighter heading towards the Dagobah system. All he could hear was his mechanical breathing. He was breathing heavily now as a sudden realization dawned on him.

Amidala wasn't hear. It had only been a dream. The same dream that had plagued him for the last six months. He was remembering her failed attempt to save him nineteen years earlier. Back then, he had been Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith. He had rejected her and told her to leave him. To never come back. She couldn't save him then. She had in another time but not then.

Suddenly, Anakin heard beeping from overhead. It was Artoo-Deeto. The astromech droid, his co-pilot, firmly secure on top of the ship. The computer translated the droids beeps.

"Yes Artoo, I'm fine," Anakin said. "Just...dreaming again. There's nothing to be concerned about."

The droid again beeped his comments at Anakin.

"Yes Artoo, you can still pilot the ship until we reach the Dagobah system."

The droid beeped affirmitive.

Anakin layed back on his seatt as the ship continued it's journay through hyperspace. His breathing became more normal and he adjusted the controla on his suit. It adjusted the tempature in his suit, making the Jedi more comfortable.

Anakin frowned. Even though he had returned from the dark side six months ago, he was still trapped in the dark armor of Anakin Skywalker. He was still more machine then man.

He had thought when he rejected the dark side, he would have the control he needed in the light side of the Force to heal his body. For some reason, he could not. He had tried to leave his armor but could only do so for a few minutes. No matter what he did, he could not live as a normal man. It seemed he would be doomed forever to be trapped inside of this hideous armor.

As Anakin continued to gaze out into hyperspace, his mind drifted towards the events of the last six months. When he and his children had returned to the future, he had expected to find his beloved wife Amidala waiting for them. It was not to be. Instead, all they found was a message from the Emperor and over a hundred stormtroopers waiting for them. They defeated the stormtroopers but they could not stay. They quickly feld Coruscant and headed towards Tatooine.

On the way there, Anakin wondered why his wife wasn't there. He knew she was still alive. He could sense her presence somewhere in the galaxy although he didn't know where to find her or how to contact her.

It didn't take long for him to discover the answer. He had returned to the present almost two weeks after he had traveled back through time. He hadn't realized that would happen. He thought that he would return to the present shortly after he had first left. He was wrong.

Amidala had been on Coruscant, a full two weeks before they had arrived. She didn't realize that the time machine would return them two weeks later. He hadn't realized that either. They had both been fooled by a cruel twist of fate...and time.

Now, as Anakin closed his eyes again, a thought crossed his mind. It had been the same thought he had wondered so many times in the last six months. Would he ever see his dear Amidala again?

I hope that post was good. It took me awhile to write it. I still have more to write and I will do it either today or tomorrow. If I didn't stop now, I don't know how long this scene would have been. Hope you enjoyed it.

Darth Pipes

14. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Anakin spent the next thirty minutes trying to get to sleep. He could not. His mind raced with too many things and it kept him awake. He finally decided to quit trying and resume his staring at the starts. His mind continued to rage with many things. Namely his children.

Anakin smiled at the thought of his children. Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa. As he journeyed to Coruscant, his children were back on Tatooine planning their rescue of Han Solo from the vile gangster Jabba the Hutt. They should be executing their plan at any moment. Anakin wished he could help them. He would have liked to help them bring down Jabba the Hutt. When he had freed the slaves on Tatooine all those years ago, Jabba had been the only Hutt he hadn't managed to get rid of. Jabba had not been on the planet at the time. Anakin promised himself that one day he would rid the galaxy of that miserable slug once and for all. Still, he had great confidence in his children's abilities. They knew they would fulfil his promise.

Besides, he had to keep a low profile and storming into Jabba's fortress would not have done that. He had been keeping his identity secret ever since he returned. He had spent these last six months on Tatooine with his children.

Anakin was so grateful to have Luke and Leia in his life. They were both wonderful. Luke had grown stronger in the Force. He would become a great Jedi. Anakin forsaw him becoming the leader of a new breed of Jedi one day.

Then there was Leia. His daughter, so much like him in many days. He had personally began to train her. She had grown strong in the Force. She might one day become as powerful as he and Luke.

Then there was the matter of their relationship. She had spent much of her life hating him before they had made amends. That had changed during their trip through time. She had found it within herself to forgive her father and Anakin had been grateful. Their relationship wasn't always easy. They had several fights in the past six months over a variety of things. But they had grown closer as well, and a strong bond had developed between them. Anakin forsaw it growing even stronger in the years to come.

Anakin had spent his time on Tatooine not only training Leia but giving her information. Information about the Empire. Anakin had provided her with information at the Empire's secret projects, key bases and resources, everything. Leia then relayed the information to the rebellion. The rebellion had put it to good uses, hitting the Empire with key strikes that weakened them. Palpatine hadn't been able to change all the Empire's secrets. The information had helped the rebellion survive after their defeat at Hoth. Now, the full rebellion was forming on Sulluest. Sonn, there fleet would grow and they would launch the final attack against the Empire.

Anakin had been happy to help the rebellion even though they didn't know who it was who was helping them. Anakin had much to atone for and this was a first step.

When Anakin wasn't training Leia or providing the rebellion with tactical information, he continued his search for Amidala. He searhed quietly for her, secretly visiting dozens of worlds with no sucess. No matter where he went, he couldn't find her. There was only one person in the galaxy who might know where she is.

Yoda. The great Jedi master. That's where he was heading now. To Dagobah. There was so much he had to know and he knew only Yoda could answer it for him. How could he defeat Palpatine, how could he heal his body, and most importantly for him...how could he find Amidala.

He was not looking forward to meeting with Yoda however. Deep down, he was afraid of such a confrontation. For him to seek out Yoda now, after all that had happened, would be an admission that the Jedi Master was right. That Anakin shouldn't have been trained and that he had failed the Jedi and the galaxy itself. He knew that's what Yoda would say. He didn't even think the Jedi would help him. Perhaps he was not worthy of help? Who would want

15. Alpha_Ferdante

Alpha_Ferdante Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 1999
    Two gigantic thumbs up!

I've been away from the boards for a bit.

What a wonderful surprise to find this sequel here. Happy dance!

Wonderful introductions.

Gotta feel for Anakin, facing Yoda. Can't imagine the little Jedi Master will be too forgiving to him.

16. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Thanks A_F! Good to see you back.

17. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Those posts were wonderful, Pipes! Keep up the good work! I cannot wait to see this Yoda/Ani meeting...!

18. Darth Padme

Darth Padme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 1999
    Great start! I was really excited to see this sequel on the board. Looking foward to the next post!

19. Luke'sryb

Luke'sryb Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2000
    Great beginning. Incidentally, your first story is now on Fanfiction.net in 2 parts (today 8-8). Keep up the good work. Will this one be as long as the first or shorter?

20. Padme_Na_Sky

Padme_Na_Sky Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 2000
    Great story....Hope it continues soon.

21. ami-padme

Sep 19, 1999
    Yes, I'm in the process of putting the final, edited version of Part 1 up on fanfiction.net now. I'm also sending it to Vader's Mask.

If anyone wants the final version (I think some people had asked about it in the old thread), just email/PM me, and I can send it to you soon.

I think Pipes and I planned on this story being shorter than the first one...but I guess we'll see. ;) I have the feeling we're going to be writing for a very long time...

It's my birthday today! :) I would celebrate with a post (I'm up next), but that will probably have to wait until tomorrow.

22. JediFinrod

JediFinrod Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2000
    It's here! And off to such a wonderful start!

Okay, I'm already hopelessly addicted, so I must have more soon! ;)

23. Luke'sryb

Luke'sryb Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2000
    Forgot to mention. In Fanfiction.net the title has been changed to IN THE HANDS OF TIME, Parts 1 and 2 are up. Any idea when Part 3 will appear in Fanfiction.net. Also MORE PLEASE for this sequel.

24. ami-padme

Sep 19, 1999
    I'm going to put up as much of the rest as I can tonight (assuming the ff.n server is willing to cooperate)...

25. Morpheus mercenary

Morpheus mercenary Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2000
    yes!!!!! the sequel!!!!!!! it has begun!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.