The What if the Empire Sequel=COMPLETED 11/14

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Darth Pipes, Aug 6, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Pikachu Jedi Master

star 1
    Yay!!!!!! So far this is *excellant*!!! I can't wait for more!
  2. Darth Pipes Force Ghost

star 5
    Happy Birthday ami-padme!!!!! :)

BTW, good to see you all here again. I haven't see alot of your names in awhile.

I also invite you all to check out the finished version of the first story on fanfiction.net. As you know, the name has been changed to In The Hands Of Time. It fit better. It has been edited by both ami-padme and myself. I think it's definately better now that everything has been fixed.
  3. Darth Pipes Force Ghost

star 5
  4. JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I'm psyched to see this sequel get rolling, and it looks like it's going to be good! (Poor Anakin... it's like Dr. Jekyll being forced to live forever looking like Mr. Hyde.)

Happy b-day! I didn't know you were a Leo!
  5. ami-padme Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks Pipes & JG (btw, is my being a Leo good or bad? ;))!
  6. JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus

star 5
    (Neither. I'm just in that tribe, too. A talkative bunch, we tend to be...)
  7. Anakin's Angel Jedi Master

star 4

Happy b-day ami-padme! I did check out your site, and it's wonderful!

MORE STORY!!! C'mon...puhlease? :D

aa :D
  8. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I *should* be writing a post for a story I'm helping writing, but I saw it and *had* to read it! This kicks butt!
  9. Darth Pipes Force Ghost

star 5
  10. padawan3 Jedi Master

star 4
    Great begining. I'am so looking foward to see the Yoda confrontation.
  11. Morpheus mercenary Jedi Knight

star 1
    hey, now anakin has a reason not to eat yoda's greul! he cant take his mask off!!!!
  12. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
  13. Anakin's Angel Jedi Master

star 4
  14. Darth Pipes Force Ghost

star 5
    Just wanted to let you know that part 3 of the first fic is now on fanfiction.net.
  15. Morpheus mercenary Jedi Knight

star 1
    and how many parts is it?......
  16. ami-padme Jedi Master

star 4
    It'll be five parts (I think)...

Again, I can send people the whole thing once it's done, if anyone wants it.

And I'll get to the post for this thread soon...
  17. Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    ::insert squeal of joy::

I love what you two have so far...Vader being trapped" in his own body was portrayed very well, and it was so fun to read...too bad Ami's try to turn Vader the first time didn't work. =*(

Now they have to meet again!
  18. Princess Sari Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm lovin' it already! ::grabs some popcorn and Pepsi, and settles in to wait for the next post::

Sari
  19. ami-padme Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry for the delay folks. :)

By the way, Parts 1-6 of the first story are completed and posted to fanfiction.net. I'll have the seventh and final part up tonight.

http://www.fanfiction.net/master.cfm?action=directory-authorprofile&UserID=15479

~~~~~~~~~~

Amidala woke up suddenly, feeling confused.

/Where am I?/

She sighed. She had woken up to that question more times than she cared to count in the last six months. Being on the run meant that she slept in a different bed, usually on a different planet, almost every week.

And she still couldn?t avoid the nagging feeling that she wasn't moving fast enough. They would find her eventually.

Amidala looked around. She was in a small room, in some sort of hostel on Dantooine. She had been there for a couple of days. It seemed to be as good a place to stay as any. Dantooine was small and out of the way, with a good number of Rebel sympathizers. She might be able to stay hidden here.

She climbed out of bed, and went to wash her face. Catching a glimpse of herself in the mirror, she frowned at how tired she looked. But she had to admit that she was beginning to feel worn out. She was tired of hiding; she was tired of running. It wasn't supposed to be this way.

No, she was supposed to be with her family now?they were supposed to be together again.

Amidala continued to stare at herself. Tired wasn't really the right word. Beaten? Defeated? There were days when she didn't know why she bothered. What difference did it make if the Empire found her? If she was destined to be alone, to never see her husband and children again, what difference did anything make?

/Oh, stop it,/ she told herself irritably. She splashed cold water over her face repeatedly, trying to snap herself out of this depressing train of thought.

But it wasn't easy. Her entire life since she had seen Vader on Naboo had revolved around the knowledge that she would be with them again. She just had to be patient, and wait for their time. She had believed that with every fiber of her being.

It was that thought that gave her the willpower to stay away from her children. Seeing her husband had made him aware that she was alive, obviously. She couldn't shake the fear that Palpatine or other members of the Empire might have learned that as well, putting her right back to the top of the most-wanted fugitive list.

One of her greatest joys in meeting Luke and Leia on Drayos was learning that they had indeed remained safe until adulthood. She wouldn't let the fact that she was now alive risk that.

So, she had spent most of her life living furtively on various worlds. It was quite lonely, aside from the occasional communication from Obi-Wan (he had even come to see her once), and her infrequent forays back into the Rebellion fold, helping them when she could, usually under the condition of anonymity.

That's what her life consisted of for nearly 17 years. Until the time finally, *finally* came for her to go to Coruscant.

Amidala sighed as she realized she was just standing there, staring at the running water. She turned off the faucet, and gently dried her face with a towel. Washing up had only made her feel marginally better.

She had known that a trip to the heart of the Empire might be tantamount to suicide. There was almost no chance of escaping without being seen by someone. But she didn't care. They would there, waiting for her, in Section 327 as they had planned. She felt certain that she would be safe with them, and that together they would find a way off the planet.

Or so she had believed. She had arrived outside the Section, and found things exactly as they had described it to her ? the place was in ruins as a result of the various fights Anakin and the twins had trying to get to the time machine. There were no guards there ? at least none left alive. So, she waited. And waited. And waited.

Nothing happened. No sign of them, no activity from the time machine, nothing.

As time dragged on, she began to worry frantically
  20. Darth Pipes Force Ghost

star 5
    Great post ami-padme! I like the job you did describing Amidala's situation and what had occurred to her.

My next post will be tomorrow.
  21. jedipati Force Ghost

star 3
    Wow! I really like this story More please!!
  22. Darth Pipes Force Ghost

star 5
  23. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Wonderful. Poor Amidala. She wants to see her family but doesn't want to jeopardize their safety. I can't wait to read more.
  24. Darth Pipes Force Ghost

star 5
    Good to see you back here RebelMom
  25. JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Excellent scene, a-p (I almost missed it for some reason!). What a situation!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.