The What if the Empire Sequel=COMPLETED 11/14

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Darth Pipes, Aug 6, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke'sryb Jedi Knight

star 2
    YIKES!! When will Yoda learn its very dangerous to sneak up on someone like that in a murky mud-hole?
  2. Queengodess Force Ghost

star 4
    I´m very much looking forward to the Yoda Anakin meeting as well. That is one of my favourite themes in the galaxy. And JMMJ, you´re the greatest. I love your fic, and I love happy endings as well. Can´t live without them.
  3. Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks, Queengoddess! =) ::starts jumping up and down in the excitement of seeing a reader::

So c'mon Pipes and a-p, let's get our little happy ending on the way! =D Though I will wait for quality. Definitely...
  4. padawan3 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well since I'am here I figured I would ask for more story. So can we have more story?
  5. Anakin's Angel Jedi Master

star 4

UP

just to make Pipes and a-p know that WE WANT A POST!!! Heehee...I'll go now..

aa :D
  6. Darth Pipes Force Ghost

star 5
    Anakin turned around to face Yoda. Yoda stood before him, leaning on his stick. Yoda's eyes bore into him and the two remained staring at each other for a long time. Neither of them said a word. As he looked at the dimutive Jedi Master, Anakin could only think of one thing.

/He looks awful!/

Anakin had never seen the Jedi Master looks this weak. While he still held a mighty presence, Yoda's skin was less green and vibrant. He seemed tired and his breath was coming more rapidly. Granted, Yoda had never been young when Anakin had known him but he had never looked this old before.

Could it be that he was...no! That was impossible. Yoda would outlive them all.

/Or would he?/

Despite this, Yoda's eyes remained firmly on Anakin, looking at him. Or perhaps through him? Suddenly, Anakin once again felt like a nine-year-old boy facing down a superior who would determine his future. Once again, the outcome was uncertain.

Finally, as a display of respect and humility, Anakin knelt before Yoda. Yoda continued to stare at Anakin, saying nothing. Anakin knew Yoda wasn't going to initiate this conversation. Once again, he was going to leave it to Anakin.

Behind his mask, Anakin frowned. He knew what it was time to do.

"You were right," Anakin said, breaking the silence. Yoda continued to stare at him, saying nothing. "I was dangerous...and I never should have been trained. I let my anger, my fear, and my lust of power consume me. I allowed myself to become a servant of the dark side. I thought the Jedi had betrayed me. Instead, I betrayed my master, I betrayed the Jedi, and I betrayed the Republic."

Yoda continued to stare at Anakin. Anakin was finding it increasingly difficult to continue. He lowered his head, unable to meet the old master's stare.

"I have been responsible for the death of millions, and I have brought great suffering to the galaxy. I thought the dark side would bring me power and respect. I was wrong. It only brought me only misery and death."

Anakin lifted his head up and once again was face to face with Yoda.

"Master Yoda," Anakin said, trying to spit the words out. "I'm...I'm sorry."

Yoda continued staring at Anakin for a few moments and then turned away. Anakin was beginning to become confused by Yoda's continuing silence.

/Will he even acknowledge me?/

Suddenly, Yoda turned back around and walked closer to Anakin. He stopped just inches away from his face. Anakin felt very uncomfortable in this situation. Finally, he opened his mouth to speak.

"Sorry will not help you, Anakin Skywalker."

Yoda turned away from Anakin for a moment and paced back in forth. He took several deep breaths before he spoke again. Yoda seemed to be having a very difficult time. Finally, he turned around and addressed Anakin.

"Too late for apologies, it is. Too late for many things. Followed the path of the dark side, you already have, Anakin Skywalker. Gave into your fear and anger, you have. Used it to serve the Emperor, you did."

"A great power you have, Anakin Skywalker. Could have used it to serve. To serve the people of the Republic. But unable to control that power, you were. Used it for darkness you did. Used it against the citizens of the Republic to destroy. Used it to destroy, used it for your own selfish purposes. Destroyed the Republic you did. Destroyed the Jedi as well."

"Much death and destruction have you caused. Many have suffered. Your wife, your master..."

Yoda turned away from Anakin for a moment. Anakin caught the corner of Yoda's eyes as it stared out into the murky swamps of Dagobah. He could see something in those eyes. It looked like...pain. Sadness...he could feel it coming from the Jedi Master.

"Suffered as well I have. Watched comrades die, I did. Unable to help them, I was. Lost many apprentices...like children they were to me..."

Yoda's voice trailed off as he again stared at the swamp. He quickly rooted the sadness out of himself and turned back to Anakin.

"Much you have done An
  7. Darth Pipes Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, I just put the new post up. I hope you enjoy it. It took me over an hour to write. I'm not sure when the next post will be.

Darth Pipes
  8. JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Oh, come on Pipes! Don't leave us hanging too long here! I want to get Anakin in that cave! :D
  9. ami-padme Force Ghost

star 4
    Great post! I think the Yoda/Anakin interaction was terrific. :)

I'm making an effort not to have such long delays in my fics any more, so I plan to have Anakin in the cave by Friday at the latest. :)
  10. JediFinrod Jedi Master

star 3
    Wonderful! Definitely worth the wait! And I can wait for the next post if I know it will be as good!
  11. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Great post Pipes! And prompt. When you said Wednesday, you meant Wednesday right on the dot.
    I'll be back on Friday for the cave episode. Maybe I should bring popcorn?
  12. Darth Pipes Force Ghost

star 5
  13. Queengodess Force Ghost

star 4
    That was terrific! Already loning for Friday to come...:) It will be nice to see ami-padme write again, even thought Pipe is trule a master. Thanks for your great work!

14. Darth Pipes Force Ghost

star 5
  15. Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow...

That last line just sent shivers through my spine. I can't wait to see what happens in the cave; though I'm sure it will be wonderful.

Both of you are brilliant, please keep writing! =D
  16. padawan3 Jedi Master

star 4
    So the darkness is still inside of him. I hope he does better in the cave then his son, Luke, did.
  17. jedipati Force Ghost

star 3
    So do I. I can't wait for Friday. Or maybe I can, it's one day closer to school starting. Great post Pipes
  18. Darth Pipes Force Ghost

star 5
  19. jedisushari Jedi Padawan

great story ,Ilike the way you capture the chractors . su
  20. Anakin's Angel Jedi Master

star 4

Wow...incredible! Yoda and Anakin were dead on! I knew that cave would come into play...! Can't wait until Friday!! MORE!!! :)

21. Darth Pipes Force Ghost

star 5
  22. Dark_Soldier Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, this is so great!!
    I found this story on Vader's Mask and I really fell in love with it!!!
    I gess I'm no different from the others 'cause I can't wait for more!!!
    You two are the best!!!
  23. Darth Pipes Force Ghost

star 5
  24. Darth Pipes Force Ghost

star 5
  25. Anakin's Angel Jedi Master

star 4

YES, keep this close to the top until a-p takes Vader into the cave. Then...we'll, there should be no problem keeping this up! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.