The What if the Empire Sequel=COMPLETED 11/14

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Darth Pipes, Aug 6, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ranvier Jedi Padawan

Great story. I love AU vader fic's
  2. jedipati Force Ghost

star 3
    It's friday.... yes I know it's early, but still.
  3. ami-padme Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm at work now...so nothing until I get home tonight (but it will be up tonight as promised). :)
  4. Anakin's Angel Jedi Master

star 4

UP....looking forward to the post...

aa :D
  5. Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi Darth Pipes and Ami-Padme!
    I'm a big fan of this story... I can't wait for more!!! Keep up the GREAT work!
    (It's Friday, by the way...) :)
    May the Force be with you!
  6. padawan3 Jedi Master

star 4
  7. Queengodess Force Ghost

star 4
    You know, where I am ( Sweden ) it´s actually Saturday now...
  8. Dark_Soldier Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I'm Angel of Naboo's sister and we are in Canada!!!...and it is friday!

Please post soon!!!...
  9. Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm still waiting... please... you promised!!! :)
  10. ami-padme Force Ghost

star 4
    Okay here's the post! On time (it's Friday here!), though a little later than I intended. :) This was a bit harder to write than I thought it would be. Feedback please!! :)

~~~~~~~~~~

Anakin crept into the cave slowly. He didn't even realize he had closed his eyes until he was several steps inside. It almost amused him ? such a pathetic attempt to shut out the Darkness that was surrounding him. If only that was all it took to block it out.

The cave itself was rather unremarkable. Just cold and dark, with various little creatures running and scurrying through the shadows. How could such a nothing of a place hold him in such terror?

He had to control his fear. He *had* to. This was his last true chance to make things right?he had to come through this, for Amidala's sake if nothing else.

He moved further into the cavern. He would just face his fears, and everything would be fine. But what was it exactly that he was supposed to do? He was just standing there, alone. Should he meditate? Should he ?

"Ani?"

Anakin turned and saw his mother standing behind him. His heart seized with pain?he hadn't been able to even think about her since her death. He wanted to run to her and hug her, but he resisted the impulse. He knew what would happen ? what always happened. Just as he would reach her, she would vanish. Leaving him lonely?and in despair?

And he could not give into despair. Anakin held his ground, and stared at her. She looked exactly as she had that last time, wearing the same clothes, even the same hairstyle. /Ignore it,/ he ordered himself. His mother looked at him quizzically, and held up her arms to embrace him. /It's a trick./ He stood there stoically?then fought down a wave of anguish that washed over him when she vanished.

He swallowed hard. He *could* get through this. He doubted there was anything much worse that could be thrown at him besides her ?

Obi-Wan Kenobi stood before him. His form was wavy, shifting?he simultaneously appeared as the younger Master who had sent him into the volcanic pits of Sulluest, and as the old, fading man he had killed on the Death Star. Kenobi circled him, prepared to battle.

Anakin felt saddened at the sight. Was this supposed to tempt him to fight? He no longer hated Kenobi, and had long given up his need for revenge. All he was now was sorry and guilty for what had happened on the Death Star ? and felt certain he had deserved what had happened on Sulluest. Kenobi was right to try to stop him?they had only been unfortunate that he hadn't been successful in killing him.

Kenobi continued to stalk around him, changing from old to young and back again. Anakin waited quietly, perfectly willing to be struck down as he deserved. There would be no fight this day.

His old Master eventually shimmered, and disappeared as well.

Anakin sighed in relief. But?but something was wrong. He had passed through two temptations, but didn't feel any different. He was starting to worry that he wouldn't be able to recognize a victory when it happened. How was he supposed to know for sure when the Darkness was defeated? Could it ever completely be?

"No, Lord Vader. You know that is impossible."

Palpatine was in front of him. His black robe enveloped his frail body, hiding his face almost completely. But his voice was the same as it ever was ? it frightened and infuriated and intrigued him all at once.

He could not be drawn to him again. Not in curiosity or anger or fear, nothing. He backed away from Palpatine, putting as much distance as he could between them.

Yes, he knew what the Emperor was now, could clearly see the evil in him, and rejected it. But this man had also been his Master for over 20 years. Palpatine had always known exactly what weaknesses to prey upon, how to manipulate him in countless ways. Anakin would not give him another chance to do so.

Anakin felt his back come up against one of the walls of the cave. He was somewhat surprised that Palpatine hadn't chased after him or taunted him.
  11. Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Master

star 4
    WOW!!! This is GREAT!!! That's really #1!!!
    Thank you for posting! More soon, please? :)
  12. Dark_Soldier Jedi Master

star 4
    Great, great, great!!!
    She posted!!!!!
    Hahaha!!!
    ....more please....
    you guys are so good!!
  13. Anakin's Angel Jedi Master

star 4

Wow, that was unbelievable. There are so many wonderful things I could say, but where to begin? Are there enough adjectives out there? :) Let's just leave it at "Wizard!" :)

aa :D
  14. JediFinrod Jedi Master

star 3
    (Arghh! Where are those smilies when you need them?)

That was so good, a-p!!! You handled this scene well! Now, will Ani make it out of the cave...
  15. Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    Finally! We have a happy part at last! =)

That was exceptionally exceptional, a-p. Absolutely... =P The part about Shmi, about Obi-Wan, about him fighting himself...Wow. I loved it.

This story is *so* good...
  16. Darth Pipes Force Ghost

star 5
    Great post ami-padme!

I think you truly captured the essence of the cave and the scene. Very creepy. His meetings with Shmi, Obi-Wan, Palpatine, and Vader were well done. Some nice action as well. You did great!

I'll be writing the next post tomorrow.

17. jedipati Force Ghost

star 3
    Wow! you couldn't have done it better a-p. Now let's see if Pipes can follow up on it
  18. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    That was great. It was logical that he should have to forgive himself. And he overcame his dark self.

I'm ready for the next part. When would that be?
  19. Darth Pipes Force Ghost

star 5
    The next post will be tomorrow RebelMom.
  20. Queengodess Force Ghost

star 4
    Great! That was really cool, and I am very pleased that he succeed in defeating the dark. Very well written, and Ani´s thoughts and feelings as he was fighting Vader was wonderful. Good work a-p!
  21. padawan3 Jedi Master

star 4
    Welll that was a relief I was a fraid for a moment he would fail the cave like his son did.
  22. padawan3 Jedi Master

star 4
    That was a relief. for a moment I was afraid that Anakin would fail the cave like his son did.
  23. ami-padme Force Ghost

star 4
  24. Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Master

star 4
    You're welcome, ami-padme!
    So Darth Pipes, you're supposed to post today! I'm waiting... I'm waiting... I'm waiting...
    UP!
  25. Darth Pipes Force Ghost

star 5
    As Anakin turned to depart the cave, he came face-to-face with a white light. Suddenly, the cave the white light spread and soon the entire cave was completly covered.

Anakin looked around curiously. There was no sound in the light. No sound, no movement. The only thing that could be heard was Anakin's amplified breathing. It was as if he had been taken away from space and time itself and put into a world of nothing. For a moment, a single thought crossed his mind.

/Am I dead?/

No, that was ridiciulous. He wasn't dead. In fact, it was the complete opposite. He was very much alive...and surround by the light side of the Force. That is what is was. He could feel it all around him. The light side of the Force. It was here to past final judgment of Anakin Skywalker.

Anakin waited in the light patiently. He didn't know what to suspect. Yoda had forgiven him, then he had forgiven himself. Would the Force do so as well?

Suddenly, Anakin saw a figure approach in front of him. The bright light made it difficult to see but once that figure came into view, Anakin let out an audible gasp.

The figure had long brown hair with gray mixed in. He wore the robes of a Jedi Knight. The figure moved closer to Anakin and now stood just a few feet away from him. Anakin could barely get the man's name out of his mouth.

"Qui-Gon!"

"Hello, Anakin," Qui-Gon Jinn said, smiling.

In a rush of emotion, Anakin ran to Qui-Gon and embraced him. Much as a child would to a father who had returned from a long trip. The last time he had seen Qui-Gon, he and Obi-Wan had been locked in battle with the Sith Lord Darth Maul. When Anakin had returned from the battle with the Trade Federation, it was Obi-Wan who had told him that Qui-Gon had been killed, cut down by Maul.

Anakin had been devasted. The man who had freed him from slavery, his savior, had left his life as quickly as he had come into it. He never thought he would see him again. Now, the Force had made that possible.

Qui-Gon hugged Anakin back. Finally, Anakin broke the embrace and looked at Qui-Gon. It was no trick. It was indeed him.

"Qui-Gon," Anakin said, his voice filled with emotion. "I don't know what to say. It's been...it's been so long."

"Say whatever is on your mind, my son," Qui-Gon said in a compassionate voice.

Anakin's mind suddenly remembered.

"Qui-Gon," he said. "The cave. Did I...was I successful?"

"Yes, Anakin," Qui-Gon said. "You were sucessful. You have conquered the cave and purged the darkness from within you."

"Can I now find Amidala?" Anakin asked anxiously. "What about my body? Qui-Gon, I must..."

"Patience, Anakin," Qui-Gon said in a soothing tone. "It will be all taken care of. You must keep your thoughts in the here and now."

Anakin wasn't quite sure what Qui-Gon was saying. Still, he trusted the man and if he said it would be taken care of, it would be taken care.

"You have purged yourself of the dark side," Qui-Gon said. "You refused to allow anger and fear to consume you. In accomplishing this, you have passed your first trial."

"My trial?" Anakin asked curiously.

Qui-Gon nodded. "The first trial of the Chosen One."

Anakin looked at him in a bit of shock.

"You are indeed the Chosen One, Anakin. I had been right all those years ago. Only the Chosen One could have defeated a challenge such as that. Even when you were lost to the dark side Anakin, I knew that one day you would come back to the light. Even in your darkest moment. And you have Anakin. You have proven stronger than even I had thought possible. Now, it is time for you to fulfill your destiny and bring balance to the Force."

Anakin pondered over Qui-Gon's words. Years ago, when he was a young, brash knight, talk like that would have served to inflate his large ego. Back then, he had been incapable of handling such knowledge. He had thought he was but all it did was make him more cocky and reckless. It had almost destroyed him then.

But now, he was older and more mature. No lo
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.