main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The What if the Empire Sequel=COMPLETED 11/14

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Darth Pipes, Aug 6, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Ooooh. I'm speechless.

More?

2. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Sigh. Wonderful, absolutely wonderful. ::sniffles with happiness from seeing Vader finally freed of the suit::

I liked how Anakin laughed with triumph and unbelief; that probably would've been my reaction as well.

Keep it up!

3. JediFinrod

JediFinrod Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2000
    *big grin*

It came out wonderful! :D

Ani's back! Woohoo!!!

4. jedisushari

jedisushari Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2000
    This is a great story the best I've read . Keep up the good work.

5. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

WOW WOW WOW! I don't even have words! Totally awesome, Pipes! I was *there* with Anakin when he found himself again....WOW!!! :)

aa :D

6. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    To the very top!

7. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    I'll be doing the next post on Tuesday.

8. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Looking forward to it ami-padme! :)

9. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
  10. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    It´s almost Tuesday, but then again, I am a little ahead of you. But the prospect of another great installment will keep me up tomorrow when facing the new class of mine. The horror of High School has come to get me.

11. Angel_of_Naboo

Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    That is sooooooooo COOL!!!
    May the Force be with you!

12. Princess Sari

Princess Sari Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2000
    Wow! No more armor! YEAH! MORE!

Sari

13. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
  14. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    I remember reading the original "What if the empire..." thread from page one when the thread already had 10 pages. Now I'm in a similar situation, with 9 pages. But just like that time, I'm sure I'll catch up to the current page very fast, because this story has me hooked.

15. jedipati

jedipati Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 12, 2000
    Hey, this story is getting good. Don't make us wait for too much longer. On a side note, are Luke and Leia going to be in this more?

16. ami-padme

Sep 19, 1999
    I'm going to post later tonight...

...and Luke and Leia will make their appearances shortly after (well, right after) my post.

17. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    What ami-padme said.

18. Luke'sryb

Luke'sryb Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2000
    Hooray, Anakin is Back! Can't wait for the Twins reaction to their real father. Poor Han, Leia, Luke better have the smelling salt ready, have a feeling Han's gonna need it real soon when he sees the former Darth Vader and now Anakin Skywalker. Have the family together again. Let them give Ol' Palpy a real nightmare come to life.

19. Dark_Soldier

Aug 17, 2000
    I agree Luke'sryb!

20. Darth Padme

Darth Padme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 1999
    Love this story! Can't wait to see how the rest of the family reacts to Anakin's healed self. I'll be watching for that post tonight! Keep up the great work, Darth Pipes and ami-padme!

21. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    *Sigh* It's hard living in the wrong time zone. Now I have to go to bed and I haven't read the next installment yet. Have to do it before school tomorrow. Good night everyone.

22. ami-padme

Sep 19, 1999
    Sorry Queengoddess -- you need to move to the US East Coast. ;) Here's tonight's post...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/I'm coming, Amidala./

That was what he said. And it *had* been him, of that she had no doubt. Seemingly out of nowhere, he had managed to make direct contact with her. And he was coming for her.

They would be together again, *finally*.

The connection between the two of them was slowly growing again, and it was doing her soul immeasurable good. He hadn't sent her any other messages ? or, at least she hadn't been able to receive any ? but it was enough to know that he was okay. She assumed that meant the twins were fine as well. As long as she knew that, she could wait for him.

And she would wait. No matter what. She had been forced to leave Coruscant, and *nothing* would cause her to do such a thing again. She had the feeling he was coming from quite a distance, but she couldn't be sure of anything. There had been no?conventional communications from Anakin, which was smart. Anything sent to her through subspace would be traceable, and would serve little purpose but to put her at greater risk.

She was at great enough risk as it was.

Amidala sighed, and went to the small window of her hostel room, hiding as she cautiously looked out. A man had been standing across the street for half an hour. He looked non-descript, and essentially blended into the crowds in the street. No one else had paid him any mind. For all she knew, he could work at that building. He could just be waiting for a friend. Or he could be looking for some other unfortunate Rebel who might be lodged at this hostel.

But she knew when she was being tailed. And she had a bad feeling about this.

She had to assume that some spy had caught on to her, which meant her timeframe ? Ani's timeframe to find her ? would be short. She would be followed for the next few days. She would be smart of course, and stay out of sight as much as possible, but they would figure out for certain that she was here. Once that happened, they would contact the nearest Imperial outpost and attempt to collect their reward. A few no-name, low-level officers would scramble to get the assignment to bring her in and make the biggest Rebel catch in years. The lucky one would get the task, assemble his unit, and head for Dantooine. From there, she would be in a footrace, trying to stay one step ahead of them.

As long as she could do that until he got there. She knew of a few places on the planet where she could hide, just to buy herself a little more time, and hope that Anakin was able to find her before they did.

She glanced out again quickly. Maybe that man *wasn't* looking for her. Maybe for *once*, she could be that lucky.

She chuckled to herself ruefully for her stray bit of optimism. In the end, it was useless. The only thing she could hope for was that Anakin knew what the situation was, and would get here as soon as possible. Amidala didn't know if she could send telepathic messages to him or not, but it was probably worth a try.

/Please, Anakin, hurry./

23. Dark_Soldier

Aug 17, 2000
    aargg... Why do you always have to end your posts like that...
    I love that story!
    more, more, more... that's what I need!

24. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Yeah. But I have the feeling they won't get together quickly or easily.

So when's the next addition? I just love how I can ask that question and actually get an answer. Thanks.

25. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Great post ami-padme! Once again, you did a great job of getting into Amidala's mind and you could feel the rising aprehension over her current situation. Great job!

My next post will be tomorrow.

Darth Pipes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.