main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The What if the Empire Sequel=COMPLETED 11/14

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Darth Pipes, Aug 6, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Thanks all! :)

2. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    I should have the next post up by this weekend.

3. Luke'sryb

Luke'sryb Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2000
    Can I get off the floor now. WOW was that mind boggling. The Emperor's no more but what of Anakin? Will Luke and Leia sense his demise or what? MORE PLEASE!

4. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
  5. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    I'll have my post up tomorrow afternoon.

6. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Luke waited as the turbolift took him to the top of the Death Star. He had one hand on his head and his other hand clutched his lightsaber. He had just regained consciousness only a few moments ago. The Force told him that the battle had resumed above him. Luke didn?t know how that was possible since he believed the throne room was the highest level. But he trusted the Force and allowed it to guide him.

He could not sense father or the Emperor. But he knew something had happened. Something that would change the galaxy forever. Luke didn?t know what he would find. But he would have to be ready for it. Whether he liked the result or not.

His thoughts drifted back to his father. He had managed to save both of them from the darkness. Surely he must have defeated the Emperor. But what if he didn?t? What would Luke have to then? The prospect of losing his father?

Luke shook his head. He had to focus and be prepared for whatever happened. No matter what.

The lift stopped at its? destination. Luke ignited his lightsaber and prepared to charge out the doors as soon as they opened. What he saw stopped him before he even moved.

The doors opened, revealing an endless stream of stars. For a moment, Luke thought the doors had opened into space itself. However, he quickly realized that he could still breathe, meaning there was a sustained atmosphere. It appeared as if force fields kept him from floating into space. He looked down to find that there was indeed a floor there.

He took a tentative step forward and entered the room. He almost felt as if he were among the stars. They were all around him. Upon inspection, he quickly was able to assess the situation.

Palpatine wasn?t there. Luke couldn?t sense him but he knew that the Emperor was powerful enough to conceal himself from even the most powerful Jedi. Luke resumed his search and quickly found the person he had been looking for.

?Father.?

Anakin lay on the floor. He was unconscious and his body showed no signs of movement. Not even breath. Luke raced over to his fallen body and knelt down. He placed his hand over his father?s head and reached out with the Force. He sensed nothing.

The color drained from Luke?s face. A terrible realization dawned on him. Could his father be dead?

A vision flashed through Luke?s mind. Suddenly, the landscape around him changed. He was still on the Death Star but the stars no longer surrounded him. Instead, he was in one of the hanger bays. Frantic Imperials were running towards nearby ships. They were desperate to get off of the crippled space station.

Luke looked down at the body before him. His father was there?or what was left for him. He was still dressed in the armor of Darth Vader and he turned his concealed head towards Luke. He begged his son to help him take his mask off. After a few moments of trepidation, Luke helped his father take off the mask.

The mask was removed and the face of Anakin Skywalker emerged. Or what was left of it. It was pale white and his skull was devoid on any hair. Deep scars lined his face all the way to the back of his head. It bore almost no resemblance to the Jedi Knight that he once was.

A sad smile from a barely formed across his father?s lips. His face was that of a man filled with endless regret. He was a man who didn?t have much of a future ahead of him. He said something to him in a low, tortured voice.

?It is to late for me, my son.?

?NO!? Luke screamed. The vision quickly disappeared and the stars surrounded him once again. He looked down at his father once more. His father still did not move but he was no longer disfigured or dressed in that terrible armor.

What Luke saw wasn?t real. Perhaps it was reality in another timeline but not here. Anakin Skywalker would survive in this era. He would continue to prosper and all the Skywalkers would be together.

I will not allow you to die, father!

Luke placed his hands on Anakin?s chest. He again reached out with the Force. He c

7. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    Ah! Finally, finally, Palpatine's dead! I've read a great many "final battles" and this was the longest and certainly most nervecracking one...A job very well done!

8. Angel_of_Naboo

Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    Yes!!!! Palpatine is dead!!! Yeepee!!! You got me really scared for a minute, there!!!

9. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
  10. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999

11. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    WOW!!!!!!!!

I'm speechless....
    This is AWESOME!!!!!!!

Finaly, old Palpy is dead!!

12. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    Cuing up munchkins... Ding dong, the Sith is dead... ;)

?I think we should have this father and son moment another time,?

:D They do seem to have poor timing for these, don't they?

13. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999

They do indeed, JG. ;)

14. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    ***** ^^^ ** ^^
    ******* ##
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    ~^~^~^~^~^
    ^^

(Tosses confettii into the air)
    Hip, Hip Horray!
    NO more Palpy. :)

Thanks for saving Anakin. I knew Luke could help him.

15. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
  16. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    Two huge wowsers! The battle between Anakin and Palpy as well as the way Luke tried to save his father is actually how many east asia mythic stories go as well...

17. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
  18. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    I should have my next post up Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

19. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
  20. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I was worried there. I thought Anakin had died. It would have been a magnificant death but I was glad to see him alive. I really enjoyed the vision from the "other" timeline. Cool.

21. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Thanks! :)

?Can you sense them?? Amidala asked. She stood at the bottom of the shuttlecraft?s ramp, blaster in hand.

?No,? Leia said quietly. She stood at her mother?s side, lightsaber in hand. ?That doesn?t mean that they?re still not out there, mother.?

Amidala nodded quietly. She turned her attention back to the doors that led into the hanger deck. She stood one hundred yards away from them. She had spent the last half an hour watching them, hoping that Anakin and Luke would emerge from them. When it finally did open, Amidala and Leia were greeted by several stormtroopers desperately trying to capture their shuttle. The two women made short work of them, and afterwards, they continued to wait for Anakin and Luke.

Leia had lost contact with both Luke shortly after he went to save Anakin. This worried Amidala greatly. She knew at least that Anakin would have tried to send some kind of signal. Something that would have reassured her that he and Luke were all right. But she hadn?t heard anything from either of them and all she could do was stand around and wait.

She wondered if the two of them had been able to defeat Palpatine. She had great faith in both Anakin and Luke and their abilities. But she also knew about the Emperor. She knew how powerful and crafty he was. She had seen his deceptions first hand. She had fallen victim to many of them as well. The galaxy could never truly be free without his destruction. Hopefully, together, Anakin and Luke had proven to be his downfall.

There was also the matter of the Death Star. The battle station had rocked violently several times in the past few minutes. Debris was everywhere on the hanger deck. Amidala knew that the Rebels were beginning their final assault. It was only a matter of time before this dreadful space station was destroyed. They were all running out of time.

As if sensing her concern, Leia placed a hand on her mother?s shoulder.

?They?ll be all right, mother,? Leia said, her voice reassuring. She attempted a smile. ?Those two just like to make everything difficult.?

Amidala turned her head to face her daughter and smiled. She took Leia?s hand in her own and squeezed it gently.

?I know, sweetheart,? Amidala said. ?I?ll just feel a lot better when I actually can see them.?

?So will I,? Leia said, finally managing to complete her smile.

The Death Star rocked violently, nearly knocking the two of their feet. More debris began to fall. They stayed under the shuttle to avoid being hit by it. Amidala turned around to face Leia.

?Do you know if they?ve hit the power core yet??

?Not yet,? Leia said. ?But I can sense that Han is very close to doing so.?

Amidala was about to respond when suddenly she sensed something. Something was happening. Her head snapped up and she looked at Leia. She could see that her daughter to sensed the same thing. It was them!

The two women looked turned back to face the hanger bay doors. They opened and Anakin and Luke entered them. The two Jedi ran furiously towards them, dodging the debris that was still coming down. Amidala and Leia ran towards them and they all met halfway.

They all embraced one another with happiness beyond words. They were all together again once more. Luke and Leia quickly departed to go to the shuttlecraft, leaving Amidala alone with Anakin.

Seeing that her husband was all right, Amidala reached out and hugged Anakin tightly. Anakin did the same, practically lifting her off the ground. When the embrace was finally broke, Amidala looked up at Anakin, teary-eyed. She put her hand on Anakin?s cheek and smiled.

?Are you an angel?? she asked, not knowing what else to say.

Anakin laughed.

?No, Ami?that distinction has always been yours alone.? He took Amidala?s hand and kissed it.

She laughed back. It had truly been so long since the two since the two of them had consistent moments like this. How she had missed it.

Suddenly, the laughter faded and she looked up at

22. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
  23. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
  24. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Nice echo of ROTJ. :)

25. Darth Pipes