main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The What if the Empire Sequel=COMPLETED 11/14

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Darth Pipes, Aug 6, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
  2. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
  3. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    That was really great...and I agree, it was a nice echo of ROTJ...only this time, everyone that's supposed to is alive! *huge, huge happy smile*

4. Luke'sryb

Luke'sryb Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2000
    HOORAY, Ol' Palpy is no more! Now what's next? Who will be Luke's mate this time?

5. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Thanks all! :)

6. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
  7. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    I'll be posting tomorrow afternoon.

8. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    The Millennium Falcon roared through the very heart of the Death Star. The ship, along with several fighters made the long perilous journey through mazelike channels and weaved it?s way past protruding girders and half-built towers. Most of the fighters had perished in the deadly labyrinth, but the Falcon remained.

In the cockpit, Han flew the Falcon through it all with everything he had. His hands were moist and sweat dripped down his forehead. The ship had taken a beating. The shields were gone, the deflector dish had been knocked off and a pair of Imperial fighters was dogging them. But that did little to deter the Corellian. He was almost there and a deadly, ever-narrowing trail was not going to stop him or his ship.

He smiled to himself confidently. Nothing would.

Han had homed in on the reactor core shaft. Along with the remaining Alliance starfighter, the Falcon entered the immense superstructure in the center of the Death Star. A huge energy core lay in the middle of it, bustling power to the space station. That was their target.

?Wedge, the main reactor is mine,? Han said into the comlink. ?Go for the power regulator on the north tower.?

?Copy, General,? Wedge said. ?I?m already on my way out.?

Han watched as Wedge?s x-wing fighter fired a pair of torpedoes at the power regulator. He scored with a direct hit and took off.

On the Falcon, Han accelerated towards the power generator and prepared his weapon system.

From the co-pilot?s seat behind him, Chewbacca said something in a low, questioning tone.

?Leia and her family?? Han responded. ?Trust me, they got out of there.?

Chewie was still unsure and told Han as much.

Han looked over at Chewie and flashed him a half-grin.

?Because I just know, you big furball. Besides, keep in mind what family we?re dealing with. Do you really think they wouldn?t be able to find a way out of here??

Chewie pondered the question for a brief moment, before nodding his head. He was convinced that Han was right.

?All right, look sharp,? Han said, as the power generator loomed closer. Once he was in range, he thumbed a switch on the control panel and a pair of concussion missiles sprung forth from the Falcon. They struck the power generator head-on and exploded. The generator was instantly destroyed, sending deadly bursts of plasma energy everywhere. The Falcon managed to avoid it but the two fighters pursuing him weren?t so lucky. They were consumed by it. Moments later, the collapse of the reactor core spread and the Death Star began to cave in on itself.

?Hang on!? Han shouted as he hit full throttle. The Falcon exited the superstructure, barely avoiding the falling debris.

Han flew furiously through the twisting outlet, chased by a massive ball of fire. It descended narrowly on the Falcon, scorching the back of the ship. The outlet in front of the ship began to close rapidly. In a few moments, they would be trapped inside.

But the crafty Han managed to say on step ahead of it. He pushed the ship forward, straining the engines beyond capacity. He maneuvered the ship through moving shafts and closing tunnels. Past fire and darkness, the exit could now be seen. The Falcon roared forward and exited the Death Star, just missing the rolling fireball and chain of explosions.

The Death Star exploded, flaring up like a sun gone nova. It was a brilliance flash that cascaded the entire Alliance fleet. The Empire?s mightiest weapon was no more.

?Yee-hah!!!? Han cried out. Chewbacca roared in triumph and raised his hands in triumph. Over the Falcon?s speakers, they could hear the cheers of joy from the ships of the Alliance. They were victorious!

After several moments, Han turned around to face Chewie.

?I told you all along that we?d win.?

Chewie gave him an amused grunt.

?I did!? Han insisted and the two broke out laughing. The fact was that after all this, the two managed to get out alive. That made this victory even

9. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
  10. Angel_of_Naboo

Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    :_| The Falcon is destroyed... but at least everyone's alive!!!

11. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999

12. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I just wanted to tell everyone that with the completion of this post, this story has now moved closer to the end. The final posts will start soon. There will be about 3 or 4 or them. Thanks for your support and I hope you?ll be there to read them. [happy.gif]

Of course I'll be there to read them! I'm glued to my chair.

That was so different with Han instead of Lando. I can see Han not wanting to leave his ship. Good thing Chewie talked some sense into him.

13. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    How could I possibly leave now???
    But no more Falcon? :(

A moment of silence for a great ship please.
    sniff.
    (ok, I'm ready to see what happens next.)

14. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999

Don't worry, I had no doubt you all would stay. :)

15. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    I just wanted to tell everyone that with the completion of this post, this story has now moved closer to the end. The final posts will start soon. There will be about 3 or 4 or them. Thanks for your support and I hope you?ll be there to read them.

I'd just like to thank Darth Pipes profusely for really carrying this story for so long -- I've had a lot of RL issues that have kept me from being as involved with it as I have been. He's done a terrific job (as you all know :D). I will be writing again here at the end, but I wanted to make sure that I gave Pipes his due. :)

I can't believe it's so close to being over...!

16. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Thanks ami-padme! :)

It's great that you'll be able to write again. :) I'll be doing the first of the final posts as soon as I can.

It is amazing that the end is near. It's been a blast! :)

17. ObiWan99

ObiWan99 Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2001
    That it has been :).

It's been special being here from the beginning, and I hope to see the end :).

18. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Thanks! :)

I should have my next post ready by Saturday.

19. Darth_Lunara

Darth_Lunara Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2001
    Excellent posts! I can't quite imagine Han without the Falcon though.

20. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
  21. Lelila_Vader

Lelila_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2001
    The Falcon, destroyed? I think I'm gonna cry.

22. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
  23. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
  24. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Awesome post!!!
    :_( poor Han...

At least everyone's alive...