main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The What if the Empire Sequel=COMPLETED 11/14

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Darth Pipes, Aug 6, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyVader2884

LadyVader2884 Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2001
    great job!! i read the story for the first time last night and thought that it was great!

2. LadyVader2884

Oct 15, 2001
    oh yea! and by the way great job darth pipes and ami-padme!

3. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Wow! Thanks a lot! :)

4. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    Great story indeed. The bit on the Falcon is extremely beautiful.

5. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Thanks! :)

The next post will definately be on Saturday.

6. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
  7. Angel_of_Naboo

Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    up! Post soon?

8. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    It was a cool night on Coruscant. The stars glittered brightly on the city-planet. For over a generation, those stars rained down on a world oppressed by the Empire. Most citizens who lived high enough in the city-maze to see them often made a wish to one of them. They wished for the day when the Empire was no more. A day where they could walk the streets of the city as free, sentient beings. A day where they no longer were forced to humble themselves before the will of Emperor Palpatine.

For a long time, that day seemed to be nothing more than a fantasy. A dream conjured up by some foolish idealist. After so many years, many on Coruscant believe that to be true. No longer.

It had been twenty-four hours since the destruction of the Death Star. Right before that occurred however, the citizens of Coruscant finally rose up and opposed the Empire. The arrival of the Death Star had frightened them to the point where they not dared make a move. Stormtroopers lined nearly every street corner, imposing martial law upon them. They knew that a single mistake by one could spell doom for all. Still, there were a few who were willing to oppose the Empire no matter what. They waited silently in the shadows, waiting for the opportunity to strike.

It finally occurred when the Death Star had come to light. For what seemed like an eternity, the citizens of Coruscant watched helplessly as the space station powered up its? superlaser. They thought for sure that the end was near. The Emperor had decree that they would suffer the same fate as Aldeeran. All the life, all the history that Coruscant represented to the galaxy would be lost forever. For a long, long moment, all hope had been lost.

But then something extraordinary happened. The Death Star fired?but Coruscant was not destroyed. Instead, the space station lashed out at one of it?s own ships. The citizens quickly realized what had happened. The Rebel Alliance had taken control of the space station. Long ago, when the Alliance had formed they promised that they would bring save the galaxy from the tyranny of the Empire. The galaxy-weary citizens of Coruscant had seriously doubted this was even possible. How could anyone oppose the Empire and survive?

Not only did they opposed it but they had defeated it. The Death Star was in their control and that victory provided the citizens with the opportunity they needed.

They revolted. It started slowly at first, only a few at a time. It grew and grew until it was like a giant tidal wave. The citizens, human and alien alike, came out from their homes and took on the Imperial stormtroopers. They quickly took control of the political and military installations. The stormtroopers were better armed and had superior equipment but in sheer number and determination, they were no match for the citizens of Coruscant, whose population was believed to be one trillion strong.

The Empire was desperate to stop the rapidly growing insurrection. They sent out their biggest and most powerful weapons. AT-AT Walkers were dispatched on the streets of Coruscant. The metal monstrosities were going to halt the ?treason? being committed by the citizens. They struck hard, and for several minutes it looked as if the resistance might be stopped.

But the, the Death Star exploded over Coruscant. If any of the citizens thought about surrendering, they quickly put those thoughts aside. They attacked the AT-AT Walkers with great vigor, determined to knock the mighty giants down. With the last-minute help of the Rebel x-wing fighters who had joined the battle, they were able to dispose of them. The Walkers lay on the city streets defeated.

The resistance fought their way to the Emperor?s palace, where the remaining Imperial leadership was located. Realizing they were overmatched and that they were no longer in control of the planet, they surrender. For the first time in nearly twenty-five years, Coruscant was free!

In an amazing sense of historical irony, the Coruscant resistance was lead by Finis Valo

9. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Good post. :)

Nice speech by Leia. :)

10. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
  11. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    That was a great speech. Nice descriptions. It seemed like a perfect ending but I didn't see THE END. Is there another post coming? As much as I've enjoyed this story, I know it has to end. Thanks for the ride!

12. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    Lovely post...good speech from Leia, and I really like that "The gong has rung! Son of the Suns!"...*huge smile*

Hm, all good stories must come to an end, but I hope there's still a few posts more to go...I love this fic!

13. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Thanks all! :)

Don't worry, there are still 2 or 3 posts left. Things aren't done just yet. ;)

14. LadyVader2884

Oct 15, 2001
    Awsome post! Go Leia!

15. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Wonderful Pipes!

16. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Thanks all! :)

17. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
  18. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
  19. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    So, when is the next post due? I can hardly wait...well, let's be truthful...I can't wait!

20. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Soon. I'm not sure exactly when but it will be up.

21. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Wow!!
    I liked that a lot!!!
    I'm in a better mood now... :D

22. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
  23. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    It'll be up soon. I'm up next, believe it or not. ;) And then, Pipes has another post to finish up.

24. Angel_of_Naboo

Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    YAY!!! Wow, that was wonderful!!! FREEDOM!!!! hehehe...
    up!

25. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.