main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The What if the Empire Sequel=COMPLETED 11/14

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Darth Pipes, Aug 6, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
  2. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    ami-padme rules! :D

3. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
  4. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    I'm looking to have the final post up by Wednesday afternoon.

5. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    DP is right: ami-padme rules!!!

That was a great post!! There's not one post I didn't like!!

up!

6. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    I'm curious. Is this story (saga is more like it) going to be renamed into something more formal, or will it keep the "What if the Empire" name?

7. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    Amazing ride it this has been, thanks.

8. Angel_of_Naboo

Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    I can't beleive this is going to be over so soon... This fic actually made me discover the JC boards and I made a friends ;), so... I mean... It's something to see this end. :_| Great posts, ami-padme! You always wrote the characters' emotions so well we could always understand exactly how they felt!

9. Leggo My Eggo

Leggo My Eggo Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 1998
    Anxiously awaiting final posts! (hint hint)

hehehe....

10. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    Hopefully on Wednesday :).

11. Dark_Soldier

Aug 17, 2000
  12. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
  13. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
  14. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Anakin slowly made his way through the cheering crowds, looking for Amidala. She was here somewhere, he knew, but there were so many people that it was proving difficult to find out where. All around him people were jumping and screaming and celebrating. They were nearly on top of one another, making it impossible to move. Occasionally, a stranger he would bump into would embrace him jubilantly. Not because they thought he was a hero, but because they were so happy that freedom had finally returned to Coruscant. Anakin could understand that well.

A flicker caught Anakin?s eye and he turned to see it. It looked like Amidala, and she was headed towards the back of the plaza that surrounded the Emperor?s palace. Anakin moved to follow her. He accelerated his pace, making sure that he did not walk over anyone along the way. He moved quicker and quicker until there was nobody around him. The path was clear and Anakin walked to the back of the plaza to meet his wife.

When he got there, he found that it was empty. Nobody was there, and the only thing next to him was the towering palace. It cast a large shadow over him in the brightly lit night on Coruscant. He couldn?t find Amidala, or his two children. It appeared that he was totally alone.

Just then, Anakin felt a powerful rippling through the Force.

No, I am not alone, he thought.

There were others there after all. They weren?t his family, but they were very strong in the Force, and very close to him.

He turned his head to the side and there before him were the shimmering images of Obi-Wan and Yoda. They stood before him, looking at him with great pride. Their essence shined powerfully in the shadow of the palace. Another shimmering image materialized beside Obi-Wan. It was Qui-Gon. Anakin could feel the same pride in him that he felt in Obi-Wan and Yoda. Qui-Gon walked over to Obi-Wan and placed a hand on his shoulder. Obi-Wan looked up at his old master and smiled. The two of them shared an unspoken moment. There was no need for words between them.

They were the two men who had believed in Anakin when no one else had. They had sacrificed everything, including their own lives, for him. It was with great satisfaction that they could now see that their belief in Anakin had been well founded. They had been right all along. Anakin Skywalker was the Chosen One.

The two of them, along with Yoda turned to Anakin and smiled.

Anakin smiled back. It was a great gift for him to see the three Jedi Masters together again. It had been so many years, and he had feared that he would never see his friends again. But they were all here?and Anakin couldn?t have been happier to see him.

Something?or someone was missing though. He had hoped that another one would appear with them. A person whom Anakin had been even closer with. The first beloved figure in his life. Anakin smiled sadly. He knew that it wasn?t possible. She was not a Jedi, and it was impossible for her to come back. He would never have a chance to?

I am so proud of you, Anakin.

Anakin?s head snapped around and he looked for the direction in which the voice had come from. He saw nothing. The plaza was still empty, save for the images of the three Jedi. But he could sense another presence around him. It was her!

But that was impossible. She had never been strong in the Force, despite her connection to him. There was no way he would be able to see her.

I will appear if you want me to, Ani. You simply need to concentrate.

Was it really possible? Could he actually see her?

?Anything is possible, Anakin,? Qui-Gon said, breaking the silence. Anakin turned back to the shimmering images of the three Jedi.

?But only if you have faith, Padawan,? Obi-Wan said.

Anakin nodded his head slowly. At one point, he had doubted that it would be possible to heal himself from the terrible injuries he had sustained. But he did heal himself and that had convinced him to never doubt the Force again. It could be done, no matter

15. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Wow! It?s finally over! I can?t believe it. One year, three months, and six days it took ami-padme and I to write this. Sometimes I thought it would never end but now that it has, I can?t help but feel a little sad.

It?s been an amazing run these last two years to write both of these stories. I can?t tell you how much I really enjoyed it.

There are many people I wish to thank. First one goes to my friend and co-writer ami-padme. The best thing about writing these stories has been becoming friends with her. Together, I think we did a fine job. This story would not be what it was without her and I wish to say thank you, ami! :D

I?d liked to that JG for putting this story and the first one up on her website. I?d also like to extend thanks to the person who came up with the idea for this story early last year. Darth Sean, wherever you are, thank you for deciding to post the topic ?What if the Empire (Ep 4-6) has traveled back in time to Episode 1. You did me a great favor that I appreciate very much. :D

Finally, I want to thank all the readers for following and supporting this story for so long. I wish I could post all your names but I?m afraid I might miss somebody. Your compliments and posts have meant a great deal for me and gave me the motivation to help write this entire story. Throughout the writing of this story I have met a lot of wonderful people. The women and men of the JC rock! :D

I want you to know that this story will eventually be edited and put on-line in it?s complete form. I have no idea when that will be but it will be under its? new title ?In the Hands of the Force.?

Again, I thank each and every one of you for your support and for making this story possible. I intend to take a long brake from writing. I?m drained of ideas for the moment but I definitely want to write again someday. So until then?May the Force be with you! :D

Darth Pipes

16. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Wonderful post. :)

17. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    It's over? :( :eek: :_|

It's over! :D :) [face_laugh]

I said my thank yous earlier, so I'll just reiterate my thanks to Darth Pipes, and to all the readers of this story. :)

It's been quite a ride... :D

18. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    What a beautiful ending to a wonderful story. Darth Pipes and Ami-Padme, you both did a great job.

*applause*

19. Dark_Soldier

Aug 17, 2000
    Great ending!!!

It's been a long journey we had with this fic...

Congratulations again, DP and ami-padme!

20. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Thank you so much Darth Pipes and Ami-Padme. I truly had a great time reading this. I'm sorry it's done. Any thing planned for the future? :)

21. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Thanks all! :)

It has indeed, ami-padme. :D

I have some ideas but I'm not planning on writing anything for a while. Hopefully within the next few months, I'll start wrting again.

22. ami-padme

Sep 19, 1999
    If I get a good inspiration, I could be writing again quite soon, but none of the ideas I have right now are cooperating with me. ;) I definitely would like to start something new though...

23. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

To Pipes and ami...

Although I've been away for some time, I truly have enjoyed this story from the beginning.

Without this forum, I would never have met either of you, which would be a great shame...especially you, Pipes :)

Thanks for having the determination to finish this story, no matter how long it took! Congratulations on an amazing story!!

aa :)

24. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Thanks, AA! :D

Thank you for the kind words. You're one of the best friends I've made on the JC. I've met around here. Great to see you post here again. :D

25. ami-padme

Sep 19, 1999
    Hey, AA, nice to see you around again! Thanks for the kind words, and thanks to the rest of you as well. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.