main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

the whills and anakin

Discussion in 'Literature' started by cfhogen, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cfhogen

cfhogen Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    Well, this is my first post, i looked for one about this "theory" of mine, couldnt find it, felt the need to post it.

Now, ive read the novel, watched the movie, and browsed some of the making of books at barnes and noble.

After what palps says to anakin about the midichlorians and the following excerpt from the novel something kinda clicked in my head, but my head isnt quite right all the time. lol

Page 409 of the ROTS novel, the voice of Qui- Gonn talks to Yoda.

"An infinite mystery is the Force." said Yoda, lifting his head and turning his gaze out into the wheel of stars. "Much to learn, there still is."

(voice of qui gon) And u will have time to learn it

"Infinite knowledge..." Yoda shook his head. "Infinite time, does that require."

(voice of qui gon) Wtih my help, you can learn to join with the FOrce, yet retain consciousness. You can join your light to it forever. Perhaps, in time, even your physical self.

Yoda did not move. "Eternal life..."

(voice of qui gon) The ultimate goal of the Sith, yet they can never achieve it..........

Ok, i always wondered why gl felt the need to introduce the midichlorians in TPM. It must have been pretty signifigant to bring up in the detail he did, because its not need for the chosen one to fulfill the jedi prophecy. GL coulda just said "a child born of the force." or something like that, but he went into great detail about the midi chlorians

Well, in ROTS, the and the ROTS novel and the making of book, the importance of the midichlorians is revealed. Palpatine says it was his design. He created Anakin. It was all his design. The movie doesnt say this, but come close. But, The Making of book (sorry i cant remember the title), quotes palpatine as saying it was all HIS design. He even goes so far as to say, to anakin, " you could even look at me as your father". this is why i chose this forum, you folks are more receptive to the eu as cannon and not just the movies.

So lets assume Palpatine is responsible for Anakins conception.

Then Anakin couldnt be the chosen one, right?

Wrong.

Palpatine created Anakin to prevent the chosen on prophecy from being fulfilled and to get the most powerfull sith ever, but most importantly, to keep the jedi from getting their chosen one. As obiwan said after he messed vader up. he was the chosen, supposed to destroy the sith. palps wanted to stop the chosen one before he did that.

And in doing so, he helped fulfill the prophecy, much like if anakin had never tried to stop padme from dieing she never would have died.

If papls would never had created anakin, he would never have concieved luke, who would never have turned anakin back and then anakin would have never killed palps, and destroyed the sith.

Now, what does this have to do with page 409 of the ROtS novel? Im getting into that, please stay with me.

Palpatine tells Anakin that he can use the midichlorians to begin life, heal life, and sustain life. I believe in the movie he lies to Anakin when he says he doesnt know it at anakins turn. Why?

Two reasons, one, he know that at the moment the only reason anakin is joining him is to save padme and as soon as he gets what he wants he will kill palpatine, much like palpatine killed his master when he learned this secret. So he lies. He wants his most powerfull sith lord ever.

The other reason i believe he lied is because when he rescues anakin, he uses this power to keep him alive. If you watch, his movement of his hand over anakins charred head is almost a mirror image of obi wan reviving luke in anh. Palpatine know this power. after padme dies and he has anakin forever, we must assume that he teaches it to vader.

Again, what does this have to do with page 409 of ROTS? This line is what ties it all in for me, in my mind

Wtih my help, you can learn to join with the FOrce, yet retain consciousness. You can join your light to it forever. PERHAPS, IN TIME, EVEN YOUR PHYSICAL SELF.

Anakin,after redeeming himself, becomes a force ghost. Anakin is the chos

2. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I makes Anakin such a pawn though. Like he was born to lose. He did make a choice, it was based on sentimentalism, his own bias, and problems. But he did choose. Yes the galaxy hasn't treated him well, but the galaxy didn'thave it's way with him. He is the one that screwed up.

3. cfhogen

cfhogen Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    I dont see how it makes anakin a pawn.

I think it has more to do with destiny. The chosen one was a prophecy. Vader in the OT refered to destiny alot.

I dont know, after watching TPM i thought what is GL's deal with making anakins conception Christ like.

MAybe it was on purpose, maybe with Anakin having Palpatine knowlegde of using the midi chlorians to create life, and Qui-Gonn's new knowledge (he has learned some of it, some how, this is evident in ROTJ when anakin is a force ghost, and now that he is a ghost he can commune with those who have learned even more of Qui Gonns knowledge) Anakin can resurect himself. And maybe the other Jedi that became ghosts.

Immaculate (sp) conception. [Episode 1, 2, 3]

Die to save Luke(and in doing so billions of other beings) [Episode 4, 5, 6]

Then is resurected with the combine knowledge of the sith and jedi (thus bringing "Balance" to the force) [Episode 7, 8 , 9]

4. Mr Bungle

Mr Bungle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 1999
    It's very frustrating that GL cut the scene out between Qui-Gon and Yoda.

And as far as "the whills", who are they ? I thought Yoda was a whill? UGH

5. Paladin307

Paladin307 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    GL vaguely says that Anakin is a force ghost because of Obiwan and Yoda as if somehow they directly intervened and bestowed upon him this grace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.