main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Whills (the original sequel trilogy plot revealed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by BaronNoir, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Or TPTB create their own Whills arc in the EU timeline that does this?

2. jedisor

jedisor Jedi Master star 2

Apr 22, 2011
    I already did but now I do even more.

3. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    [​IMG]

4. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Maybe Disney will appease the legends crowd and lucas crowd in one go by using this whill story as the official legends story after Crucible, in either animated films or comic books or novels.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Force Smuggler likes this.
  5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    And the creative juices are flowing once again. Haven't had this much fun since before TLJ came out.

6. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Animated movies please! Mark has had experiences doing multiple versions of Jokers before, I'd love him to voice Legends Luke.

7. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Why is anyone assuming the Whills are malevolent? That doesnt flow from the bare bones sketch GL gives.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

8. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    I think the idea they use us as vehicles and the Force as food, while not necessarily malevolent, would have a disgusted reaction from the galaxy.

And in the end, fighting the Force itself would be like the Galactus story in Fantastic Four back in the 60s. Stan Lee wanted the FF to fight God, who eats planets. The story was a hit, but never really done successfully on film. SW could have pulled it off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    Darth Caliban and mnjedi like this.
  9. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I didn't read "feed" as in food like one would consume a Red Bull or coffee and get a burst of energy. I took it more of a spiritual or support thing like how Rocky fed off the crowd's enthusiasm when beating Drago in Rocky IV.

10. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder if the Whills would have played a role in the formation of the Sith.

Dagobahsystem and Darth Caliban like this.
  11. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    It turns out Kriea was right all along.

12. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    So Disney is ruining everything that made Star Wars great but
    fighting
    the Force itself
    would have been brilliant?

[​IMG]

CaptainPeabody and sidv88 like this.
  13. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Yes. For those of us who feel that ST is playing it safe, this definitely isn't. Even ST supporters who think 7 and 8 are edgy have to admit that even those new films are safe compared to this idea.

It also handles the prophecy of the Chosen One quite well compared to the current clumsy 'they don't call themselves Sith, the prophecy is OK' business we are getting now. The Force awakens after the life of the Chosen One, and the whole prophecy was the signal that the Jedi, having evolved to the power of a Chosen One, are now ready to meet the Whills themselves.

Almost definitely. How will the Jedi evolve to the level of the Mortis gods without conflict to force them to improve? The Whills are building the Jedi to evolve to a higher level.

14. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Anakin fought a Force wielder.

[​IMG]

For those who hated TLJ because of no lightsaber on lightsaber contact would probably also hated GL's version.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  15. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    This idea is Abeloth.
    This is a lot of conjecture based on very little information.

16. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    An idea doesn't get points for being "edgy" or "not playing it safe". It gets points for being a good idea. Say what you want about modern television, but there's a good reason we haven't gotten a "Hitler RomCom". There's a possibility it could be good just through its execution, but damn that is a fine line to walk.

17. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    https://www.avclub.com/taika-waititi-will-play-an-imaginary-hitler-in-his-next-1823795916

18. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    o god what

19. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Fans: Di$ney is ruining my Star Wars.

Also fans: It would be awesome if the whole time the Force was really a monster that ate souls.

20. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    The Producers: Season 1?

Back to the thread - with this info, I'm starting to wonder if there was any way for SW to be continued well, from the options that seem to be available. I'm inclined to suspect not.

21. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Hey I'm having fun, and conjecture is all there is short of new information coming.

Boba: This idea is Abeloth.
    Sid: From my point of view the new movies are Abeloth! Um, what's an Abeloth? That doesn't sound canon.
    Boba: Then you are lost!
    Sid: It's over Boba! I have the Lucas!
    Boba: He's not canon anymore and I have the high ground!
    (Boba chops up Sid's arms and legs and chucks him in the lava. The Whills then record it in their journal).

Also I believe the 'From a Certain Point of View' Anthology strongly implied the Whills were humans on Earth writing the Star Wars franchise. :p
    Those 2 ideas aren't incompatible. :p

BobaMatt likes this.
  22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    All that has to come out now is Lucas would have hired Grant Morrison to do the scripts for Ep 7-9.

23. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    @sidv88 [face_laugh]

Let the Whills die. Kill them if you have to.

quinlan solo likes this.
  24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    The Whills are dying and in their death throes they will drag the galaxy down into hell.

25. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    It's not too late for Disney to get back on this idea. After all, 9's title has not been announced yet right? I vote for Star Wars Episode IX: Attack of the Whills.
    They've already dragged the galaxy to the Netherworld of the Force (the same as what the Sith call Chaos), where they lose all individuality. It's Qui-Gon and the Force ghosts that are thwarting the Whills' evil plot to send everyone back into the spiral of nothingness (i.e. Whill food) that the Whills want for all life.

Ironically it was a shaman of the Whills who felt remorseful for his people's actions that taught Qui-Gon the Ghost technique and started the whole conflict.